university-of-arizona-boot-camps-logo

University of Arizona Boot Camps

Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix

University of Arizona Boot Camps

University of Arizona Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time and 12-week, full-time web development, and 24-week, part-time data analytics courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Both the online and in-person boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. University of Arizona Boot Camps aim to empower experienced instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience. In either the web development or data analytics course, learners will be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Learners will benefit from close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Learners will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through program completion and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics.

University of Arizona Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Arizona Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.61

all (38) reviews for University of Arizona Boot Camps →

Recent University of Arizona Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about University of Arizona Boot Camps →
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationPhoenix
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationPhoenix
    University of Arizona Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationPhoenix
    University of Arizona Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationPhoenix
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available

• $500 University of Arizona Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive University of Arizona Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• All courses in Phoenix
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Phoenix)
    • All courses in Phoenix
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Phoenix)
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Phoenix)
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (Phoenix)
  • Fernanda • Graduate
    I learned a lot about programs that I would not have been exposed to otherwise. However, a big chunk of the bootcamp was focused on JavaScript and Geomapps? Stuff that you most likely don't need to know as a Data Scientist. I can make a website but I can't explain machine learning to you. There is very little emphasis on actual statistics.

Also, the "career assistance" is an automated bot that does not actually assist you in reviewing resumes and getting a job. This is probably one of the best selling points of the program and it's not even a real person.

Finally, they don't teach you how to code. They "give you the skills so you can learn to code by yourself", which basically means that you become an expert at googling everything they are supposed to teach you. They brushed over things like loops and functions without dedicating the time that these concepts deserve. Honestly, I wish I had read a review like this before enrolling in this bootcamp. Your 10K is better spent at a different course!
    Monday, Mar 16 2020
    Thank you for your feedback, Fernanda. We're glad to hear you had the opportunity to delve into new programs, but regret to hear the boot camp as a whole did not live up to your expectations.

Our course material is based on extensive market research, teaching in-demand skills that students can use to enter the current tech field, but we understand you would have liked to spend more time focusing on other technologies and concepts.

Like you mentioned, the curriculum is introduced at a higher level in-class and individuals are expected to continue building on that knowledge outside of class. As the curriculum progresses, we've found this methodology to be effective and witnessed students not only become increasingly confident in their new knowledge but also gain essential problem-solving and self-teaching skills: two essential qualities necessary in any real-world role. We're constantly optimizing our curriculum to ensure individuals are learning the most valuable skills, so we appreciate your input.

We have a dedicated career services team who strives to provide comprehensive professional development assistance. While we do not secure direct employment for our students, we do provide more than 75 hours of professional development, consisting of resume and portfolio reviews, virtual tech panels, technical interview training, and 1:1 meetings with their Career Director. Were you able to benefit from these resources?

It's our goal for all students to complete the program feeling equipped for success, so we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and determine what additional assistance we can provide for you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (520) 917-1930.
  • Diane • Analyst • Student

I was accepted to four different programs that I was deciding between before I chose to earn a certificate from the University of Arizona Data Analytics Boot Camp. My other three choices were: a Master’s degree in business analytics at the University of Arizona in Tucson, a Master’s degree in business analytics online through Arizona State University, and an online certificate through Harvard University (including a $10,000 scholarship). I asked for advice from some people who work in analytics at the hospital in my community, and both of them recommended the UA Data Analytics Boot Camp because they said the hands-on, in-person learning of this material would be more important in this industry than my other options. This option involved a huge commitment for me because I commute 2 hours each way to attend this class in person.

I chose to study data analytics because of my interests and some previous work experience in marketing research. I worked for Information Resources, Inc. in Chicago, IL, more than a decade ago. I really enjoyed our testing of new food products in grocery stores and analyzing that data. For family reasons, I quit that job but always hoped to return. However, as I saw the increase in the availability of data, I realized that to work in a similar field now, it would be best to learn how to analyze this vast amount of data with new tools.

My favorite aspect of the UA Data Analytics Boot Camp are the resources available to us. Our instructor, Mark, is excellent! We have talked as classmates about the fact that we’ve never gone to him with a problem that he wasn’t able to solve, often very quickly, too. Though he uses a PC in class, I’ve been able to use my Mac for everything, and he’s able to help people with both PCs and Macs. He is very knowledgeable about the topics, but what’s even better is that he loves what he’s teaching. I can’t help but get excited about it, even after my long commute! We also have TAs in class who are willing to help, and access to online tutors, which I’ve taken advantage of. It's helpful to have other classmates to ask questions of and to learn from right there in the class. Finally, there are so many resources available through Career Services. I have participated in many helpful online webinars and have received feedback on my brand statement and resume, with more to come including LinkedIn and Github.

My advice to prospective students is to consider how much time you can commit for this 6-month boot camp. The title “boot camp” is very applicable because we cover the material very quickly. New material and new assignments are flying at us on a weekly basis, and the only way to absorb it is to spend enough time outside of class to apply what we’re learning. I have two part-time jobs while in this boot camp, but I seem to have more time to spend than some of my classmates, and that’s helped me. In addition, I’ve talked with two students separately (one from my class and one from another section) who told me, without me even asking, that the thing they regret most is not having more time outside of class to really dig in and learn this material. In one of the Career Services webinars, two previous graduates mentioned they spent about 30 hours/week outside of class. It was helpful to know that in advance.

Friday, Nov 15 2019
    Amazing, Diane! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We realize balancing work and life commitments with your studies can be challenging, so we commend all the hard work you've dedicated thus far.

It's great to hear you're benefiting from the support of our entire instructional team—we also have to agree that Mark is pretty amazing. We appreciate you sharing advice for prospective students looking to apply to the boot camp; spending extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom is key to being successful. We're rooting you on as you continue in the program and work towards graduating!
  • James Barker
    - 5/23/2019
    James F Barker • Graduate

I had a good time and learned alot about coding.

the class is fast paced but if you pay attention and do the class work and the projects

you will learn how to write code.

the instructor and the TA know the material and have an intrerst to see you succeed.

i would recomend the Bootcamp to others who want to learn to code

Friday, May 24 2019
    Thank you for your review, James! We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and felt supported by our instructional team. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors!
  • dg • analyst • Student

So... check it out. I just finished the bootcamp last week. I'm like a freed hostage with Stockholm syndrome.

Long story short, it's expensive in relative terms (IMO), super fast-paced, and is one of those things where the effort you put in determines what you get out. When you sign up, they kind of beat that into your head (EFFORT) and, of course, you think you'll be fine and then holy shit you're on the bullet train to data town. But, if nothing else, you come out not as an expert in anything but you'll know how to use a cubic ton more tools than you went in with...

I'd taken numerous college level programming courses in the past so I understood programming concepts (OOP, etc) going in and it didn't really help. Pace is fast as fast. Like, fast. I cannot stress this enough. Fast. I also have toddler twins and a full+ time job. So I had to manage the fuck out of my schedule. My wife hates me but not because of the bootcamp but because I'm the type of dad that would commit to that kind of bootcamp.

BUT teacher and TA were top notch. Really good. My cohort was a cool group. All kinds of skill levels and backgrounds.

If you have a longing to like know tech stuff and you're around data or want to be around mounds of data, while expensive, I would literally be shocked if you regretted the bootcamp. Huge investment of money and time. Huge potential payoff for those of you without toddler twins and a wife who hates you for your lust for knowledge.

Good luck. I'd say God Speed but you don't need any more fast.

Wednesday, Feb 20 2019
    Thank you, dg! Like you mentioned this is a fast-paced course, so we're glad you felt supported by our instructional team and made connections with other classmates. Congratulations on graduating, we commend all your hard work as you balanced a full-time personal schedule! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Mike Wylie • Sales Associate (for now) • Graduate

I entered this course as a complete beginer. Within the first few weeks I was really wondering if I had made a mistake as I am a very slow learner when it comes to computers. I have confidence in my overall navigation of a windows or mac computer but as far as programing and reading code my only previous experience was copying and pasting code customizing my Myspace profile. Needless to say, I was very intimidated for a good portion of the course. From the first time I requested information about the school on their website to the moment I was handed my certificate was a very smooth experience. During application I was never bombarded with phone calls asking if I was ready to make a payment or felt pressured in any way. The career coaches you speak with in the begining are genuinely interested in who you are and what your goals and are there to give you a honest opinion as to whether this course would be a good fit for you or not. All in all I felt like I had real real resources and not a sales person there for me which is very important when you are about to spend a large amount of money for something you essentially have no knowledge of.

Upon starting the course the environment of the classroom was very comfortable, everyone is there to learn and you all have one thing in common, this mental obstacle course you're both about to start! I feel as though I made very valuable connections because you grow together with people when you share a common goal and along the way you get frustrated and discouraged but then theres the joy you feel when you resolve the issue! We were all very different people with a common goal and we all learned alot together. When you leave the course you have people to connect with who can endorse you, inform you of other job opportunities, give tips or simply reminisce about the program together! The point being is you leave with  a connection of people in a industry you are trying to enter, this to me is something that money cant buy and is a very valuable thing you get out of this program.

The course spans a wide range of material and is a very fast paced. This is as simple or complex as you want to make it. The time management aspect for me personally was the hardest part. You are learning at a fast pace and you have alot of resources but at the end of the day this program is teaching you how to build a website and everything behind the scenes, there is no other way to approach this than to know going in that this will not be easy, you have TA's with unlimited patience but they do not go home with you or constantly remind you to do your work, they're there if you need them but this is about you learning for yourself. Even if you show up physically but not mentally, you are doing yourself a disservice. I say this because I was there. This program is a gold mine but you have to do your part.

Leaving the program I learned much more than coding and programming languages. This program taught me to be adaptable when it comes to learning something new, to not get stuck in my ways and that its ok to make mistakes. When you are in a certain job position for almost 10 years you become stagnant. I felt like a complete idiot at times and learned how to explain my problems in a simpler more effecient way. I learned a great sense of responsibility and accountability which is something that was missing from my life. These are all things money cant buy and I can honestly say this course is now the reason I walk a little bit taller in my job because now I knoweven though I have not mastered the material we covered in the course, if I continue to learn and learn code as if school never ended I will not be stuck at my job for forever. This is a feeling that I did not have or think I could ever have in my life. This program was worth way more than what I payed for it.

As I am now a graduate I cant comment much on the job market or career services much but I speak with a very happy and helpful career coach weekly who is encouraging and informative. I still communicate and am up to date on al the events that will be happening and still feel connected to the school. The TA's were all excellent and I aspire to be like them as they were supportive, fun and just all around great people. I am going to miss the friends I made at the U of A coding boot camp and encourage anyone who is thinking about doing this to do it. Truly a magnificent program that will forever be a turning point in my life.

Wednesday, Feb 06 2019
    Amazing, Mike! We're so happy to hear our program was invaluable and that you were not only able to successfully learn the fundamentals of web development but also make lasting connections. We are proud of the dedication you put forth and all you have learned. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate you sharing your experience and providing great advice for future students! We are cheering you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Eric G. • Student

The U of Arizona Full Stack Flex Web Development Program is well worth your time and effort. There are amazing instructors, a challenging curriculum and an enormous amount of challenges. If you are committed to making a change in your life or you are redirecting your career. This is the place to be. You will be challenenged, frustrated and will at times doubt yourself. I did all of those things and still perservered. It was worth it. I feel that I created a remarkable beginning of a new chapter in my life and so can you. If you have the passion, determination and willingness to stretch this is the experience for you.

Saturday, Feb 02 2019
    Amazing, Eric! We're glad to hear you had an amazing boot camp experience and were able to make such a significant career change. Like you mentioned, having passion, determination, and willingness will truly help you succeed in this course. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Eric • Software Developer • Graduate

I am a recent graduate of this bootcamp, I graduated in April of 2018, and in full disclosure I am currently a teaching assistant with the bootcamp. That being said, the following review consists of personal thoughts and opinions:

Let me start off by saying this course is not easy. You will be constantly pushed and challenged, not only by the curriculum, but also by the pace. Although, it is still very doable!

If you are willing to put in the time and effort, the instructors and TAs will work with you tirelessly to make sure you succeed. But it takes sacrifice and self-study. That cannot go understated. The bootcamp recommends putting in 20 hours of self-study a week, on top of the 10 hours of classroom time. However, I would recommend upping that number to either 30 or 40 hours per week.

The instructor and TAs were phenomenal. I am frankly shocked how much I learned over the course of 6 months and while I certainly put in the hard work, I know it would not have been possible without such an amazing instructional team. Their ability to break down complex problems and topics into easier to understand pieces was truly top notch.

I wanted to point out that the tech job market here in Phoenix is robust and there are jobs out there for bootcampers. And everything we did in class, from homework assignments, activities and projects, are all geared towards putting together an attractive portfolio to share with potential employers. I lined up a lot of interviews (at least 10+), received multiple job offers, and accepted a software development position with a top tier consulting firm with a great salary and benefits. All of this before the bootcamp even ended.

I had other interviews lined up that I had to cancel, and I had companies that came to our demo day urging me to reconsider the job I accepted so that I could interview for their positions. Which brings me to my next point - the student success team does an awesome job! They put on a demo day for our final projects that was very well attended by Phoenix tech companies looking to hire developers with the skills learned in this class. The job I did accept was presented to me by the career services team as well.

Response From: Jason Summers of University of Arizona Boot Camps
    Thursday, May 31 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Eric! You are completely right in that this is a challenging and fast-paced course that requires individuals to put in extensive time and effort to study and master the dynamic curriculum. We commend you for all the hard work and substantial hours of self-study you dedicated to the course material - it definitely paid off and shows in your TA role! We select team members who are passionate about teaching web development and enabling student success, so it's great to hear our entire team was able to guide you through complex topics and provide valuable career services. Congratulations on your new career position, we're thrilled we were able to help you take this step! Thank you for your review, we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
  • Dave • Student

I'm a 48 year old who works in IT currently, but the techology changes so fast that I needed a way to advance my skills.

Because of my age and the fact that all the apps and systems I work on seemed to be moving into a web browser (and I knew nothing about web development); I looked for a Full Stack Developer Bootcamp. After looking at a few I chose the U of A bootcamp because it was in person (I learn better that way), it's a major univeristy and it was a reasonably priced compared to other coding bootcamps.

This is a bootcamp and requires a lot of effort, but they provide lots of support with teacher assistants, tutoring, excellent instructors and a very good curriculum. I've been able to learn so much about Full Stack development and more importantly I feel I have the ability to keep updating my skills on my own.

The best part for me was after telling my employer I was taking this class my manager was able to get me a 6.5% (our normal has been 1.5% to 2 %) merit increase because I was taking this course. The merit increase for this year covers more than half of the cost of the class.  After two years it will have paid for itself!

Response From: Darcy Price of University of Arizona Boot Camps
    Thursday, Mar 15 2018
    Dave, big congratulations on your advancement in your current position, as well as reaching the finish line with the boot camp! We realize the amount of hard work and dedicated hours that our students put into the program. We’re thrilled the skills you learned resonated at your current workplace and impacted you so positively. We wish you nothing but the best going forward!

• Graduate
    - 1/17/2018
    Tyler • Software Engineer • Graduate

The UA Coding Bootcamp, put on in conjunction with Trilogy Education, is worth every penny.  I graduated from their July 2017-Jan 2018 session (this was their 2nd group offered in Arizona at the time).  The class met at a great tech facility in downtown Gilbert.  They run a concurrent Monday/Wednesday and a Tuesday/Thursday session, each meeting from 6:30pm-9:30pm on their respective nights.  On Saturdays, both groups come together from 10:00am-2:00pm.  Each session has its own primary Instructor and at least two Teacher Assistants.  Saturday classes include all TA's; the Instructors take turns running the Saturday classes.

The material covered begins with basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and works its way up through a full stack of libraries, frameworks, and tech.  The class is definitely fast paced.  While they market this course as being a part-time course designed to work around your 8-5 job, be warned that the pace of this class will demand significant focus and time.  You will have 10 hours each week in class, and on top of that, I would recommend a minimum of 20 hours of studying and application of new material.  That will likely keep you struggling to breath, but alive.  Personally, I ended up quitting my 8-5 job and focusing on learning and practicing the tech taught in class.  I spent about 30-45 hours/week, and feel that I did quite well with the course material plus additional learning.

The curriculum is great.  It is current and well thought out.  The high up staff at Trilogy are constantly re-evaluating what should be updated or how they should change the pace and content.  They were very open to constructive criticism.

The support staff was also top-knotch.  They have a Student Success Manager whom is amazing; she was never slow to respond to communication and was always helpful and encouraging.  If a student is struggling while putting in the time and work, they will be certain to match the student up with TA's for one on one time, as well as free tutoring that may better line up with a student's schedule.

The TA's were mostly awesome.  The struggle with the TA position is that it attracts newer developers whom are in the process of building their resumes/portfolios while attempting to acquire a full time developing job.  As such, my session of the class went through SEVERAL TA's that would join, work for a few weeks, then leave when they began the full time job they'd been seeking from the beginning.  On the other hand, the other session had two TAs that were amazing from day one and stayed committed to the process till the very last day.  So your mileage may very; your class may get lucky with the TA's on the first shot, or it might take a few tries till Trilogy locks in the best ones.  For what it is worth, my session did have excellent TA's, too, we just seemed to get very unlucky with commitment with the initial handful until Trillogy had the fortune of finding people that would actually stay to the end.

The Instructors were top knotch.  Both the M/W and the T/Th classes had excellent instructors with years of real world experience.  The great thing is that you do have access to both instructors; you can live stream classes to listen in on lectures from the other instructor.  This is an great tip to gaining extra value from the classes when you have the time.  Although both instructors are covering the same material, they may do so in a different way, and hearing it an additional time through oten helps the concepts sink in.  I will say that, as with the TA's, the Instructors face the challenge of spending their focus and attention on the class for six months straight.  At one point, one instructor began a new job; there was a palpable decrease in this instructor's efforts towards the class after that point.  It is completely understandable for one's efforts to decrease as one's attention is demanded elsewhere, but the level of preparation never came back to where it had been before.  So again, your mileage may vary in terms of consistent quality.

In the end, no matter how great the curriculum, instruction, or continued education services are, it will come down to the effort that you as a student put in.  It is truly possible to go in knowing nothing, and come out with new, in-demand skills that will help you launch a new career!  It is not an understatement to call this an opportunity for one to change one's life, but do not believe that the program itself will change your life for you.  Rather, it provides the opportunity for you to change your own life.

I whole-heartedly recommend this bootcamp, and encourage future students to consistently apply yourselves and use the MANY resources to obtain success that Trilogy/U of A provides you with here.  It is a worth while endevour!

Response From: Darcy Price of University of Arizona Boot Camps
    Wednesday, Feb 14 2018
    Hi Tyler,

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide a detailed review of your experience. We're glad to hear that you learned many valuable skills, and had an overall positive experience with this course. We know the importance of quality instruction, guidance, and support, so we love hearing that our team provided you with the educational experience that you needed in order to be successful in this program.

Congratulations on completing the course, we’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Data Analytics
    - 9/18/2021
    I have very bad experience with the Data Analytics programs. I am very disappointed with the quality of the program and the admission team. They are not helpful for part time students. If you want the part time student, stay away from them, plus too expensive compare to other job guaranteed boot camps
    Thursday, Sep 23 2021
    Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear the boot camp as a whole did not live up to your expectations.

We do have a multi-step admissions process to ensure that interested candidates and future learners are set up for success. During this process, it's our goal for individuals to be able to ask any and all relevant questions, feel supported, and receive answers in a timely manner. From your review, we understand that your experience may not have lived up to our standards and we regret any inconvenience it may have caused.

We recognize how challenging it can be to balance your studies with your personal commitments. Our part-time program offers supportive guidance through office hours, teaching assistants, Slack, and our free tutor network, but we understand that you would have liked more enhanced assistance. Our main priority is and will continue to be the learner experience and we want all individuals to receive the aid they need to be successful.

We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and determine what additional assistance we can provide for you at this time to make it right. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (520) 917-1930.
  • Anonymous • I wish • Graduate
    Incredibly unprofessional, on you to keep TA's on task. You're sold on a lot of services that are never provided or are severely delayed. I have 2 months left of "career access" from the following year and still haven't gotten a single lead. They shouldn't allow you to enter the program without a degree. A bootcamp certificate does NOT replace a degree and 99.999999999% of entry level jobs require a degree or 3-5 years of related experience. The only people I've seen get hired from this class have degrees(some Master's) so keep that in mind. If you're degree-less, just go to school or try Thinkful. Thinkful offers reimbursements if you're not able to find a job through their services. I've gotten better advice from a LinkedIn DM from a Thinkful career coach for free than I got the entire 6 month "program". U of A just collects the money and literally couldn't care less what happens to you.
    Thursday, Aug 19 2021
    Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear the boot camp experience did not live up to your expectations.

Our programs serve a mix of individuals ranging from beginners to professionals. For those without prior experience, we do our best to emphasize the importance of completing the pre-work and exploring additional introductory learning materials prior to the start of the class. It is our goal to provide a beneficial learning experience for all of our participants and we are constantly modifying our material in order to best prepare learners for the challenging nature of the curriculum.

Our career services are built on the principle of empowerment. While we do not secure direct employment for learners, we provide individualized support, technical interview training, portfolio reviews, 1:1 coaching, and more to help individuals become competitive job candidates. Many of our learners have found success without degrees, but we do make students aware that they must put in hard work and dedication toward their job search for best results. Based on your review, we understand that you have not yet achieved your desired job outcomes. We are continually optimizing our professional development assistance, so we thank you for sharing this input.

We sincerely care about all our learners and would welcome the opportunity to further discuss how else we can support you at this time and help meet your expectations. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (520) 917-1930.

Why choose this one?

I saved up for a year to do a boot camp. I didn't discover programming until my last year of college. I felt like it was too late for me but then I heard about different boot camps that were gaining popularity. I interviewed with countless boot camps for web dev but never had the courage to take the leap especially when they would lay out their requirements to work for a company of their choice afterwards and move to a location of their choice. I was scared to spend my money on that.

It wasn't until I heard about this coding boot camp that provided a certificate from a legitimate and academically recognized organization such as the University of Arizona, that I finally decided it was worth it. I wanted my certificate to come form an organization I trusted and that I knew others would trust. Now people will see my certificate and know it is U of A approved. I'm proud to add a U of A certificate to my resume.

What's great about doing it at the university?

Being on campus made it easier to hop on over to the library afterwards and get awesome study hours in. Being in such an academic setting/environment personally helped me stay focused throughout. I've been able to take advantage of the university career fairs and be close to a location where recruiters like to visit.

In the boot camp, I was able to network with many people from different walks of life and meet professionals in the field. It was inspiring and still is. The career services helps to refine your resume and prep you for interviews or freelancing/contracting. They've provided me with great freelance materials also.

Advice you would give to other prospective students to ensure success.

Difficulties for me:

Time management - I did the part time camp so I got out of work at 430 pm and then I would go to class every other day until 10 pm. Also, I have a family, I work full-time, I was trying to stay healthy with moderate exercise, and I'm finishing my masters degree so..... The first 2/3 of the class were fine but then my actual school semester started and we started more intensive final projects in the boot camp at the same time for our final demo presentation day where different companies would be present. I had friends in the same situation and they opted to just quit their jobs for the last month and hope to get a job right after the class ended. I decided to keep my job and continue my masters but I definitely owed my family some quality time after.

How I managed:

Ask for help and give help- I was always been given the help I needed. Don't get stuck on homework for hours on end because you think you're going to figure it out eventually or you're too embarrassed to ask. I often slacked the TA's or teacher for help and was able to save lots of time this way. Also, for student who are struggling more than others, there is free personal tutoring available. The best way to learn is to turn around and help someone else who has the same problem as you were having.

Perspective- It wasn't until the end that I realized how far I had come. I look back at the first homework and realize I could do it in less than 30 minutes now even though it took me 5-7 hours the first time I did it. The entire time I felt like I was always falling behind because of my schedule. So stick with it even if you do bad on a homework or a few because in the end you will have learned so much more from trying than if you had given up. You will also become independent in your ability to learn new languages and web development tools.

Just do it- Do it all even if it's not going well at times. Every programmer has ups and downs, brick walls ...you name it. Some things make more sense to others than it does to you but even you will have your moments where something just clicks. I've had weeks where I totally understood the material and I was helping others and then there were weeks where that was completely reversed. It's an educational process.

Friday, Oct 05 2018
    Amazing, Anonymous! We're thrilled our boot camp was the best choice for your programming journey. It's great to hear you felt inspired by the various professionals and people you were able to network with, and truly benefited from our career services. This is a fast-paced program, one that will require extensive time outside of class, so we appreciate the advice you shared with prospective students. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course! We wish you all the success moving forward.