university-of-arizona-boot-camps-logo

University of Arizona Boot Camps

Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix

University of Arizona Boot Camps

University of Arizona Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time and 12-week, full-time web development, and 24-week, part-time data analytics courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Both the online and in-person boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. University of Arizona Boot Camps aim to empower experienced instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience. In either the web development or data analytics course, learners will be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Learners will benefit from close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Learners will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through program completion and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics.

University of Arizona Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Arizona Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.61

all (38) reviews for University of Arizona Boot Camps →

Recent University of Arizona Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about University of Arizona Boot Camps →
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationPhoenix
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationPhoenix
    University of Arizona Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationPhoenix
    University of Arizona Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationPhoenix
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available

• $500 University of Arizona Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive University of Arizona Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• All courses in Phoenix
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Phoenix)
    • All courses in Phoenix
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Phoenix)
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Phoenix)
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (Phoenix)
  • Tony Salvati  User Photo
    Tony Salvati • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Great Class! A lot of information in 6 months but plenty of help to get you where you need to be by the end of the course.

Friday, Feb 01 2019
    Thank you so much for your review, Tony! We're thrilled you had a great student experience and felt so supported by our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success in your future aspirations.
  • Developer
    - 1/30/2019
    Garrett John Blythe  User Photo
    Garrett John Blythe • Software developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Friday, Feb 01 2019
    We're glad you enjoyed learning a full-stack web development curriculum, Garrett! Thank you for your review and best of luck.
  • Shelly Lane  User Photo
    Shelly Lane • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am so happy I made the decision to enroll.  The full-time program is intense and very fast-pace, but it pushed me to work hard.  I am so grateful for the instructional staff and student support.  They went above and beyond to help me succeed.  Overall an awesome experience!

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    Way to go, Shelly! We're so happy you found our entire boot camp team to be supportive. Thank you for your review and congratulations on graduating! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
  • Will  User Photo
    Will • Technical Ninja • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program prepares a rookie developer (with no experience) to be able to understand and navigate any codebase as well as a take on a new tech stack without being intimiated. The curriculum will prepare you to learn 'how to learn' so that whatever job comes your way you can confidently tell the recruiters if their specific stack isn't on your resume not to worry. You will learn the skills that are part of all programming languages and although you may not know the symtax yet, you can read the code and explain whats happening. The tech stack being taught is valuable and has given the foundation needed to interview even during class, and many of my classmates had job offers before the end of the cohort.

Areas of improvement for this bootcamp lay within preparing students a bit more during early aspects of class in relation to their career search. There are early career checkpoints, but its not a emphasized much in class so it does not feel as important or 'required' -- with this its easy to get stuck in the code working on keeping up with the schoolwork. If it could be integrated into the teaching points a bit more I see students taking these career assignments more seriously. That may be more a reflection on me as a student rather than a fair critique. Replacing handlebars with more React.js or React Native is the one curriculum downfall. It has value, but React is so intense a bit more time with that seems like a greater value than what handlebars provides in relation to jobs in Phoenix.

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    Thank you, Will! We're thrilled you found our course material to be so valuable and feel confident to step out into the job market. We're always striving to improve our program offerings, so we truly appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Nikita  User Photo
    Nikita • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Although I initially started this course with a background in programming, I felt like I was missing something when it came to my skillset and knowledge of development. I decided to enroll in the Full Stack Bootcamp course through the U of A and I have to say it was one of the best decisions I've made. Throughout the course I was exposed to a variety of new subjects while also reviewing some familiar ones. I enjoyed the stack that we were learning in this course because it is on par with what a majority of companies want in a developer today. My instructor and TA's were wonderful and tremendously helpful in enhancing my skillset and even helping me land a new job as a Software Engineer. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to change their professional career, or even someone who wants to enhance their development skills.

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    We appreciate your review, Nikita! It's great to hear you truly benefited from the curriculum and were tremendously supported by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on completing the course, we are cheering you on in your new role!
  • Matthew Hidalgo  User Photo
    Matthew Hidalgo • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I would say that my overall experience was pretty good. My instructor and TAs in the class were extremely knowledgeable in the content presented. However, I do think that the curriculum could use a bit of an update. Considering that React is such an important and in-demand framework, I was surprised that there was only two weeks to focus on this. There were other frameworks that are included in the course that I really haven't seen employers looking for, particularly Firebase and Handlebars. Although it might be different in other parts of the country, these don't seem to be prevalent here in Arizona. Also, even though I took the 6 month course, you will need to spend on average an additional 20-30 hours per week to be successful. This course isn't for the faint of heart. Finding material to supplement what you are learning in class is essential to understanding the concepts in class. Finally, career services is a bit of hit-or-miss. My career services director, Mark, is great. He is really positive and has a lot of great tips. However, the profile coach that I had didn't give me anything that I couldn't glean from reading the career services rubric. From what I have heard, this is a piece of the program that they are focusing on improving. At the end of the day, though, getting a job after this seems like it will be as much hard work as getting through the course (I just graduated a little less than a week ago). I do think that career services will be there to support me along the way, but that will probably have to be a review for another time.

Tuesday, Oct 16 2018
    Thank you for your review, Matthew! We're thrilled to hear you had such a positive student experience and felt supported by our instructors and TAs.

You are absolutely right that our boot camp model is rigorous and we cover a great deal of knowledge in a limited amount of time. We understand you would have liked to spend more time covering React.js, and we truly appreciate your feedback as our curriculum is updated frequently to ensure that it is competitive and that we are covering the latest market skills. We do our best to communicate to students that because we cover a full-stack, topics are introduced at a higher level in class, after which individuals are expected to dive in and gain a deeper understanding.

Like you mentioned, our career services are built on the principle of empowerment, and finding the right position requires hours of hard work on the part of the student. We're confident you will find our post-graduation job support to be valuable — and we also agree that Mark is great! It's our goal for students to feel prepared for success in the job search after graduation, so we thank you for your insight. Congratulations on completing such a challenging course! We would love to speak to you personally and ensure you are properly equipped for the career search. If you would like, please reach out to us at (520) 917-1930.
  • Nicki  User Photo
    Nicki • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp very much changed my life and the way I feel about myself. I was a data analyst for 8 years prior to going through the program. I didn’t hate my job, but I didn’t feel passionate about it. The company I worked for was downsizing and I could feel my time there was limited, so I decided to learn a new trade that seemed much more interesting to me. I had no prior experience aside from dabbling on Khan Academy or Codeacademy.

I graduated in January of 2018 and can proudly say I have just hit my 90 day mark as a Front End Developer, all thanks to what I was able to learn through the UofA Coding Bootcamp. I look forward to going into work every day where I get to build stuff and solve complex puzzles for a living! I am so excited every time I get to explain what I do to new people I meet. I have truly found my passion in life.

This program is absolutely meant for people who are self motivated. The hours are tough. You will be spending 10+ hours in the classroom every week, and if you want to be truly successful you also need to devote ~20 hours a week to homework and activities. It is difficult and tiring, but so worth it that at the end of my 6 months, I signed up to do it all over again as a TA.

The program will provide you with all the materials you need to become a developer. There is an incredible level of support from the instructor, TAs, and student success manager to help you achieve your goals, but it is ultimately up to YOU to make sure you are putting in the time it takes to practice the skill.

Now that I have seen the process from both sides (student and TA) I can honestly say that the people who run this bootcamp truly care about you and your success. The friendships and connections I have made through this program will impact me for a lifetime. My life will forever be better because of this experience.

Friday, Jun 15 2018
    Way to go, Nicki! We are so incredibly happy to hear you hit such a momentous milestone as a front-end developer and truly found your passion in life. You are definitely right that this course is challenging and in order to be successful individuals will have to devote additional hours outside of class to master the concepts and exercises. It truly is up to you to put in the work, so we commend you for dedicating the necessary time and turning to our entire team for support - we love encouraging and guiding our students throughout every step of the way! Thank you for returning to TA for us and also being an important participant in our students' success. Congratulations on graduating and we appreciate you sharing your experience! We know you will go on to achieve great things in the future.
  • Briana  User Photo
    Briana • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am a current student of the Part Time, Full Stack Flex program in Gilbert.The program has really uplifted me personally; it's been a great opportunity to build mastery. The curriculum is great, covering a wide range of topics, and I believe any student of web development should be able to find something they love to do in this course. The experience is also immersive. I've spent a minimum of 20 hours/week outside of class coding every week of the past 4 months. My skill level has grown at a terrific rate due to the availability of many projects and prompts to attempt as well as the rigor of the curriculum. Fair warning: I had dreams about programming for the first month of the course, I was so immersed. It was a tough adjustment, but it's been well worth the investment.

The instructors and TAs are really great -- they're open and available for questions and support every step along the way. Additionally, there is a team of people who provide career support and advice, as well as a Student Success Manager who is there to offer advice with work-life balance, professional development, and also coding! This program is very challenging and moves at a fast pace, and yet I've never felt unsupported. With 2 months left to go, I'm excited to finish and saddened to see the time going by. I was encouraged to start applying for jobs while still in the program, and after searching for a week, I'm being approached for interviews. I strongly recommend this option for anyone who is comparing boot camps or weighing their options for changing careers to web development.

Friday, Jun 08 2018
    Thank you, Briana! We are so happy you are enjoying our immersive curriculum, committing additional time outside of class to study and practice - it has definitely paid off! Our instructors, TAs, and career services team are passionate about student success, so we're thrilled you have found them to be supportive and helpful throughout every step of the way. Thank you for your kind words, we are always here for encouragement and advice! The finish line is in sight and all your hard work will be worth it. We truly appreciate your review and can't wait to see your final project in a few weeks' time!
  • Changed My Life
    - 5/30/2018
    Steve  User Photo
    Steve • Software Engineer II • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I graduated from the Coding Boot Camp in April 2018, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about changing your life. As a matter of full disclosure, I returned to the class as a TA and am currently employed here. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the school; my employment certainly does not affect the objectivity of this review. Simply put, you will get out of this course what you put into it. Look at the other reviews here and elsewhere; you'll see the difference. That's certainly not to look down on anyone or to reflect poorly on them, but this class is intense, fast-paced, and demands extensive self-driven study and review outside of class. That's not something everyone can do. I would often put 30-40 additional hours after class - in addition to the 10 hours in class - per week. When I went through the class, I had a full time job, a part time job, and a family. My wife was pregnant through most of the class, and we moved the week before graduation. I finished the course with straight A's and was offered a job immediately after graduation, thanks to the portfolio show hosted by the school. They had us display our final projects to potential employers. Now that I'm at my new job (paying nearly double weekday my previous employer paid), I can see they wanted me specifically after seeing my work. You can do this. If you're serious about changing the course of your life, I'd highly recommend it. The support staff is singly outstanding. I didn't have any issues with TAs leaving, and all 4 of mine were absolutely top-notch. The teacher is so exceptional, I asked if I would be welcome as a TA, partially because I wanted to continue a professional relationship with him. I wish they had spent more time off React instead of introducing Java - that's a tiny gripe in the grand scheme of things.
    Wednesday, May 30 2018
    Thank you so much for your review and returning to TA for us, Steve! As you mentioned, this course is fast-paced and challenging, requiring additional time outside the classroom to master the assignments and topics covered each week. You did an amazing job at balancing your schedule and we commend the long hours and hard work you dedicated to your success - it definitely paid off!

It makes us incredibly proud to hear our entire team was committed to providing you with the help and support you needed throughout your boot camp journey. We understand you would have like to spend more time covering React. js and truly appreciate your input as we are constantly working on improving our curriculum to ensure students are learning the most valuable technologies. Congratulations on graduating and on your exciting new career change! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Dustin bolin • recently graduated • Graduate
     hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery,
    Friday, Dec 17 2021
    Amazing, Dustin! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of UX/UI and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Special Experience
    - 5/10/2021
    Kaid Jackson
    You know honestly, It was so hard getting into an entirely new job field but i have to say i'm so happy i did it. I didn't quit and i listened to my instructors which made it so much more easy. Coding can be very frustrating, but when you have people that really care about you it just makes everything so special. Not only do i recommend this bootcamp, but i highly suggest enrolling immediately. My life is changed, and my drive and killer instinct is finally back. Thank you University of Arizona boot camp.
    Tuesday, May 18 2021
    Thank you, Kaid! We're thrilled you're having a positive boot camp experience and benefiting from the help of our entire instructional team. Like you noted, learning a new skill set, like coding, can be challenging so we commend all the hard work you're dedicating to your coursework. Keep on studying, we can't wait for you to successfully finish out the program!
  • Cristina Ceniceros • Graduate
    This was by far a really great program. I learned a lot of valuable skills that I plan on using in future career advancements. The bootcamp was challenging at times which I loved because it made me dig deeper into finding a solution. After taking this bootcamp, I definitely view data in a different way now.
    Friday, Dec 04 2020
    We appreciate your review, Cristina! We're thrilled you learned valuable skills that you plan on using in your future career advancements and commend all the hard work you dedicated to your studies. Congratulations on successfully graduating and best of luck moving forward!