university-of-arizona-boot-camps-logo

University of Arizona Boot Camps

Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix

University of Arizona Boot Camps

University of Arizona Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time and 12-week, full-time web development, and 24-week, part-time data analytics courses offered in Gilbert, Tucson, Phoenix, and Chandler, Arizona, and online. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. The data analytics curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML5/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Machine Learning, and more. Both the online and in-person boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. University of Arizona Boot Camps aim to empower experienced instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience. In either the web development or data analytics course, students will be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Students will benefit from close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to apply, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Both the online and in-person University of Arizona Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through program completion and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Upon program completion, students will receive a certificate of completion from University of Arizona Continuing and Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics.

University of Arizona Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Arizona Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.81

all (26) reviews for University of Arizona Boot Camps →

Recent University of Arizona Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

Phoenix
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Interview
  • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time (Chandler)

Phoenix
    University of Arizona Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Interview
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Gilbert)

Phoenix
    University of Arizona Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Interview
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Tucson)

• Full-Stack Web Development (Online) Part-Time

Phoenix
    Learn to code wherever you are. The full-stack, online curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Through hands-on projects and training, students will complete the coding program in 24 weeks via live, instructor-led lessons. Individuals receive support from a variety of channels, so students are never alone throughout their online coding boot camp journey. University of Arizona online coding boot camp gives you the opportunity to “think like a developer.” In addition to learning many of the most in-demand languages and creating your own personal portfolio, you will also partake in an 8-week Agile Team Project that mimics a real-world environment. Students are assigned a piece of the full project (division of tasks into short phases of work and frequent reassessment of adaptation of plans) and then finalize the project together with the assistance of an industry leader who has on average 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer. At the end of this online coding program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing and Professional Education, helping you stand out to employers.

2 Scholarships

• $500 University of Arizona Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive University of Arizona Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Gilbert) (Phoenix)
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Tucson) (Phoenix)
    • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time (Chandler) (Phoenix)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Phoenix)
  • $500 University of Arizona Boot Camps Scholarship

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Phoenix)

• Charles Bess, Jr.  User Photo
    Charles Bess, Jr. • Senior Operations Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I reviewed the University of Arizona Bootcamp as a means to enhance my current job and experience. I noticed, at the time, the core functions of my job were moving to automation and I wanted to be involved. I also wanted to change direction and push towards working with databases.

I looked into the University of Arizona Bootcamp and spoke with recruiters for the program. I was interested and decided to give the program a try. One, because it was a field I had previous interest. Two, to improve my current job situation and knowledge. Three, to get exposure to database work.

First, the program requires dedication. There is a lot to learn and the pace is fast. The pace can be overwhelming at times and there is a fair amount of struggle. Here is the catch, you have support. At no time during the program did I ever feel alone. The support from the instructors and the assistance was always friendly and professional. The support from the facilitators for the program was professional. The assistance from the staff that graded our projects and homework was amazing. A last but not least, the support from your classmates, who are in the same situation as you, in most cases, working a full time job and have a family, was invaluable.

You will learn more than you know by the end of the class, no matter how much or little you may struggle. You will learn th network and you will find the instructors and classmates are going to become your first contacts into this new world, and they will become friends you keep in touch with.

The program provides so much more than it advertises. You just need to commit to the struggle and stay the course. If you ever find yourself wavering, lean on your team. You will all make it together. I do not and will not regret my decision to take the Bootcamp.

-Charles Bess, Jr.

Thursday, Jun 13 2019
    We appreciate you sharing your student experience, Charles! We're thrilled you were able to further develop your existing skills and benefited from exposure to new technologies. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced course, but seeking out support from our instructional team and classmates, will truly help you succeed. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we wish you all the best as you move forward!
  • Jonathan  User Photo
    Jonathan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was very fast paced. Extra time on the more advanced topics would've been great, but it was overall a great experience.
    Tuesday, May 28 2019
    Thank you, Jonathan! We're happy to hear you had a great boot camp experience. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future coding goals!
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 5/2/2019
    Rodnee  User Photo
    Rodnee • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I feel the course gave me a great start to a solid future in development.  It covered quite a bit in a short time, but I learned the basics, and understanding.  Maybe more importantly, I learned how to find solutions.  I'm very happy I took the course.

Friday, May 03 2019
    Way to go, Rodnee! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We appreciate your review and wish you all the success as you continue forward!
  • Miguel  User Photo
    Miguel • Designer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As a designer I never really wanted to learn how to code. I felt it was not ever going to be a part of my career choice. After having designed in the athletics industry for 10+ years, I left my company due to a buy-out. So I began to look for work as a designer. There were none, and I decided to learn code and start a semi-new career. I was terrified I was old. I did not know what to expect.

Today I had my first interview with a leading company in Tucson to be a React front end developer and designer. I admit that I did not know EVERYTHING there is to know about React. But I built my portfolio with the skills that I have and it got me in the door. Our instructor Dave is probably the best instructor I've had in any subject. He cares about code and cares about our success as students and hopefully employees.

But I must admit, I was completely lost in the beginning. The key, in my opinion, is to NOT GIVE UP. Keep going to class, keep not understanding, keep being frustrated. It is PART of the PROCESS. You have to be frustrated in order to understand. It feels weird. It is but guess what, it is WORTH IT.

I am not the best coder. I didn't get A's on every assignment. I missed a couple of sessions. But I tried and I listened and I asked questions. I got a tutor (thanks John D!) - and these couple of things made a difference.

GET A TUTOR. It is included. Once a week for 50 minutes. It HELPS SO MUCH.

I recommend this course to anyone that has ambition and is serious about learning. It works.

If you are if iffy, or if you don't really want to learn code, or if you treat it like "school" and not like an opportunity that can pay off, than skip it.

BUT, if you have a little experience doing css or html, are ambitious and attentive, then go for it. LEARNING FEELS SUCKY, that's why people quit. LEARNING IS UNCOMFORTABLE.

But man oh man, in the end it is a great accomplishment. And you actually know stuff.

Monday, Feb 11 2019
    Amazing, Miguel! We're thrilled you learned the fundamentals of web development and landed an exciting new role. It's great to hear you utilized all the boot camp's resources and felt supported by our instructional team — we also think Dave is fantastic. Great advice for prospective students: do not give up because it's completely worth it. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success on your new career path.
  • Gabriel Viveros-Goldammer  User Photo
    Gabriel Viveros-Goldammer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Get ready to work your butt off! This class is tough and every part of the application process will remind you of that fact. If you're willing to put in the time, the effort, and the sacrifices that will be needed to succeed for the next 6 months, you'll come out with extremely valuable skills and insights into an evergrowing industry. The staff is top-notch, TA and career assistance is fantastic, and projects will push you to extremes that will improve not only your coding skills, but also your leadership, project, and time management skills.

I would encourage others to enroll in the Bootcamp if you're truly serious about learning this industry. All of the experiences that you'll go through from start to graduation will all be worth it and you certainly won't regret it.

Thursday, Feb 07 2019
    Great job, Gabriel! You're definitely right that if you put in the time and effort, you can truly succeed in this program. We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from our boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you all the best going forward.
  • Benjamin  User Photo
    Benjamin • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The course was rigorous, well thought out and designed, and brutal (but in a good way). The past six months completely changed my life. I was a retail employee who hated his job and now I am a junior web developer making more money with a better schedule doing something I love.

You will get out of this course only as much effort and time as you put in. Lots of homework, lots of activities, and frankly you really can only miss 1 MAYBE 2 classes and still be on track without alot of outside tutoring. They offer tutoring, they have great TAs and teachers, and amazing career services. I had a teacher name David that changed my whole perspective and experience on software engineering and code.

Worth EVERY PENNY. Skills I wish there was more of in the course: Redux, JIRA. Skills I wish they focused on less: jQuery, Handlebars (they were usefull just not as much as others).

I write react/redux javascript code (with some css and html obviously) every single day at work. I landed my job 1 month before graduating. I had to put in a lot of effort but it was trilogy that provided me with that chance and these skills! Thank you trilogy and thank you David!

Thursday, Feb 07 2019
    We appreciate you sharing your experience, Benjamin! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change, we're happy to hear you felt supported by our entire team — we also think David is great. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! Best of luck in your future achievements.
  • You can do this!
    - 2/7/2019
    Fernando Aguilar  User Photo
    Fernando Aguilar • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Fantastic experience, overall the whole course was fast and heavy with learning of languages. I came in with very little knowledge, originally from the medical field where patients are always asking for more than what you know so you have to be resourceful, it is the same with this course you have to be willing to ask for help and research some of it yourself. It is very helpful to get connected with everyone that is in the class, mainly due to the fact that everyone coming in to the course have different levels of understanding of the content at hand that will help break down the areas that one might be struggling in. Even at the lowest point where I was just about give up and say that I cannot do this, just know that the people there have been in the same spot in the past and now they have succeeded. Use as much of your previous knowledge to understand what is at hand, a new chapter in your life where you will be ready learn a new language every month or less, it is a great skill to  have in any field but way better in the software industry.

Thursday, Feb 07 2019
    Thank you, Fernando! We're thrilled you had such a positive experience and agree with all your advice — prospective students should reach out to their classmates and connect for additional assistance. Congratulations on completing the program, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
  • Tony Salvati  User Photo
    Tony Salvati • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Great Class! A lot of information in 6 months but plenty of help to get you where you need to be by the end of the course.

Saturday, Feb 02 2019
    Thank you so much for your review, Tony! We're thrilled you had a great student experience and felt so supported by our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success in your future aspirations.
  • Developer
    - 1/31/2019
    Garrett John Blythe  User Photo
    Garrett John Blythe • Software developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Saturday, Feb 02 2019
    We're glad you enjoyed learning a full-stack web development curriculum, Garrett! Thank you for your review and best of luck.
  • Shelly Lane  User Photo
    Shelly Lane • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am so happy I made the decision to enroll.  The full-time program is intense and very fast-pace, but it pushed me to work hard.  I am so grateful for the instructional staff and student support.  They went above and beyond to help me succeed.  Overall an awesome experience!

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    Way to go, Shelly! We're so happy you found our entire boot camp team to be supportive. Thank you for your review and congratulations on graduating! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
  • Will  User Photo
    Will • Technical Ninja • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program prepares a rookie developer (with no experience) to be able to understand and navigate any codebase as well as a take on a new tech stack without being intimiated. The curriculum will prepare you to learn 'how to learn' so that whatever job comes your way you can confidently tell the recruiters if their specific stack isn't on your resume not to worry. You will learn the skills that are part of all programming languages and although you may not know the symtax yet, you can read the code and explain whats happening. The tech stack being taught is valuable and has given the foundation needed to interview even during class, and many of my classmates had job offers before the end of the cohort.

Areas of improvement for this bootcamp lay within preparing students a bit more during early aspects of class in relation to their career search. There are early career checkpoints, but its not a emphasized much in class so it does not feel as important or 'required' -- with this its easy to get stuck in the code working on keeping up with the schoolwork. If it could be integrated into the teaching points a bit more I see students taking these career assignments more seriously. That may be more a reflection on me as a student rather than a fair critique. Replacing handlebars with more React.js or React Native is the one curriculum downfall. It has value, but React is so intense a bit more time with that seems like a greater value than what handlebars provides in relation to jobs in Phoenix.

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    Thank you, Will! We're thrilled you found our course material to be so valuable and feel confident to step out into the job market. We're always striving to improve our program offerings, so we truly appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Nikita  User Photo
    Nikita • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Although I initially started this course with a background in programming, I felt like I was missing something when it came to my skillset and knowledge of development. I decided to enroll in the Full Stack Bootcamp course through the U of A and I have to say it was one of the best decisions I've made. Throughout the course I was exposed to a variety of new subjects while also reviewing some familiar ones. I enjoyed the stack that we were learning in this course because it is on par with what a majority of companies want in a developer today. My instructor and TA's were wonderful and tremendously helpful in enhancing my skillset and even helping me land a new job as a Software Engineer. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to change their professional career, or even someone who wants to enhance their development skills.

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    We appreciate your review, Nikita! It's great to hear you truly benefited from the curriculum and were tremendously supported by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on completing the course, we are cheering you on in your new role!
  • Matthew Hidalgo  User Photo
    Matthew Hidalgo • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I would say that my overall experience was pretty good. My instructor and TAs in the class were extremely knowledgeable in the content presented. However, I do think that the curriculum could use a bit of an update. Considering that React is such an important and in-demand framework, I was surprised that there was only two weeks to focus on this. There were other frameworks that are included in the course that I really haven't seen employers looking for, particularly Firebase and Handlebars. Although it might be different in other parts of the country, these don't seem to be prevalent here in Arizona. Also, even though I took the 6 month course, you will need to spend on average an additional 20-30 hours per week to be successful. This course isn't for the faint of heart. Finding material to supplement what you are learning in class is essential to understanding the concepts in class. Finally, career services is a bit of hit-or-miss. My career services director, Mark, is great. He is really positive and has a lot of great tips. However, the profile coach that I had didn't give me anything that I couldn't glean from reading the career services rubric. From what I have heard, this is a piece of the program that they are focusing on improving. At the end of the day, though, getting a job after this seems like it will be as much hard work as getting through the course (I just graduated a little less than a week ago). I do think that career services will be there to support me along the way, but that will probably have to be a review for another time.

Wednesday, Oct 17 2018
    Thank you for your review, Matthew! We're thrilled to hear you had such a positive student experience and felt supported by our instructors and TAs.

You are absolutely right that our boot camp model is rigorous and we cover a great deal of knowledge in a limited amount of time. We understand you would have liked to spend more time covering React.js, and we truly appreciate your feedback as our curriculum is updated frequently to ensure that it is competitive and that we are covering the latest market skills. We do our best to communicate to students that because we cover a full-stack, topics are introduced at a higher level in class, after which individuals are expected to dive in and gain a deeper understanding.

Like you mentioned, our career services are built on the principle of empowerment, and finding the right position requires hours of hard work on the part of the student. We're confident you will find our post-graduation job support to be valuable — and we also agree that Mark is great! It's our goal for students to feel prepared for success in the job search after graduation, so we thank you for your insight. Congratulations on completing such a challenging course! We would love to speak to you personally and ensure you are properly equipped for the career search. If you would like, please reach out to us at (520) 917-1930.
  • Nicki  User Photo
    Nicki • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp very much changed my life and the way I feel about myself. I was a data analyst for 8 years prior to going through the program. I didn’t hate my job, but I didn’t feel passionate about it. The company I worked for was downsizing and I could feel my time there was limited, so I decided to learn a new trade that seemed much more interesting to me. I had no prior experience aside from dabbling on Khan Academy or Codeacademy.

I graduated in January of 2018 and can proudly say I have just hit my 90 day mark as a Front End Developer, all thanks to what I was able to learn through the UofA Coding Bootcamp. I look forward to going into work every day where I get to build stuff and solve complex puzzles for a living! I am so excited every time I get to explain what I do to new people I meet. I have truly found my passion in life.

This program is absolutely meant for people who are self motivated. The hours are tough. You will be spending 10+ hours in the classroom every week, and if you want to be truly successful you also need to devote ~20 hours a week to homework and activities. It is difficult and tiring, but so worth it that at the end of my 6 months, I signed up to do it all over again as a TA.

The program will provide you with all the materials you need to become a developer. There is an incredible level of support from the instructor, TAs, and student success manager to help you achieve your goals, but it is ultimately up to YOU to make sure you are putting in the time it takes to practice the skill.

Now that I have seen the process from both sides (student and TA) I can honestly say that the people who run this bootcamp truly care about you and your success. The friendships and connections I have made through this program will impact me for a lifetime. My life will forever be better because of this experience.

Friday, Jun 15 2018
    Way to go, Nicki! We are so incredibly happy to hear you hit such a momentous milestone as a front-end developer and truly found your passion in life. You are definitely right that this course is challenging and in order to be successful individuals will have to devote additional hours outside of class to master the concepts and exercises. It truly is up to you to put in the work, so we commend you for dedicating the necessary time and turning to our entire team for support - we love encouraging and guiding our students throughout every step of the way! Thank you for returning to TA for us and also being an important participant in our students' success. Congratulations on graduating and we appreciate you sharing your experience! We know you will go on to achieve great things in the future.
  • Briana  User Photo
    Briana • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am a current student of the Part Time, Full Stack Flex program in Gilbert.The program has really uplifted me personally; it's been a great opportunity to build mastery. The curriculum is great, covering a wide range of topics, and I believe any student of web development should be able to find something they love to do in this course. The experience is also immersive. I've spent a minimum of 20 hours/week outside of class coding every week of the past 4 months. My skill level has grown at a terrific rate due to the availability of many projects and prompts to attempt as well as the rigor of the curriculum. Fair warning: I had dreams about programming for the first month of the course, I was so immersed. It was a tough adjustment, but it's been well worth the investment.

The instructors and TAs are really great -- they're open and available for questions and support every step along the way. Additionally, there is a team of people who provide career support and advice, as well as a Student Success Manager who is there to offer advice with work-life balance, professional development, and also coding! This program is very challenging and moves at a fast pace, and yet I've never felt unsupported. With 2 months left to go, I'm excited to finish and saddened to see the time going by. I was encouraged to start applying for jobs while still in the program, and after searching for a week, I'm being approached for interviews. I strongly recommend this option for anyone who is comparing boot camps or weighing their options for changing careers to web development.

Friday, Jun 08 2018
    Thank you, Briana! We are so happy you are enjoying our immersive curriculum, committing additional time outside of class to study and practice - it has definitely paid off! Our instructors, TAs, and career services team are passionate about student success, so we're thrilled you have found them to be supportive and helpful throughout every step of the way. Thank you for your kind words, we are always here for encouragement and advice! The finish line is in sight and all your hard work will be worth it. We truly appreciate your review and can't wait to see your final project in a few weeks' time!
  • Changed My Life
    - 5/30/2018
    Steve  User Photo
    Steve • Software Engineer II • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I graduated from the Coding Boot Camp in April 2018, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about changing your life. As a matter of full disclosure, I returned to the class as a TA and am currently employed here. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the school; my employment certainly does not affect the objectivity of this review. Simply put, you will get out of this course what you put into it. Look at the other reviews here and elsewhere; you'll see the difference. That's certainly not to look down on anyone or to reflect poorly on them, but this class is intense, fast-paced, and demands extensive self-driven study and review outside of class. That's not something everyone can do. I would often put 30-40 additional hours after class - in addition to the 10 hours in class - per week. When I went through the class, I had a full time job, a part time job, and a family. My wife was pregnant through most of the class, and we moved the week before graduation. I finished the course with straight A's and was offered a job immediately after graduation, thanks to the portfolio show hosted by the school. They had us display our final projects to potential employers. Now that I'm at my new job (paying nearly double weekday my previous employer paid), I can see they wanted me specifically after seeing my work. You can do this. If you're serious about changing the course of your life, I'd highly recommend it. The support staff is singly outstanding. I didn't have any issues with TAs leaving, and all 4 of mine were absolutely top-notch. The teacher is so exceptional, I asked if I would be welcome as a TA, partially because I wanted to continue a professional relationship with him. I wish they had spent more time off React instead of introducing Java - that's a tiny gripe in the grand scheme of things.
    Thursday, May 31 2018
    Thank you so much for your review and returning to TA for us, Steve! As you mentioned, this course is fast-paced and challenging, requiring additional time outside the classroom to master the assignments and topics covered each week. You did an amazing job at balancing your schedule and we commend the long hours and hard work you dedicated to your success - it definitely paid off!

It makes us incredibly proud to hear our entire team was committed to providing you with the help and support you needed throughout your boot camp journey. We understand you would have like to spend more time covering React. js and truly appreciate your input as we are constantly working on improving our curriculum to ensure students are learning the most valuable technologies. Congratulations on graduating and on your exciting new career change! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • James Barker
    - 5/23/2019
    James F Barker • Graduate

I had a good time and learned alot about coding.

the class is fast paced but if you pay attention and do the class work and the projects

you will learn how to write code.

the instructor and the TA know the material and have an intrerst to see you succeed.

i would recomend the Bootcamp to others who want to learn to code

Friday, May 24 2019
    Thank you for your review, James! We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and felt supported by our instructional team. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors!
  • dg • analyst • Student

So... check it out. I just finished the bootcamp last week. I'm like a freed hostage with Stockholm syndrome.

Long story short, it's expensive in relative terms (IMO), super fast-paced, and is one of those things where the effort you put in determines what you get out. When you sign up, they kind of beat that into your head (EFFORT) and, of course, you think you'll be fine and then holy shit you're on the bullet train to data town. But, if nothing else, you come out not as an expert in anything but you'll know how to use a cubic ton more tools than you went in with...

I'd taken numerous college level programming courses in the past so I understood programming concepts (OOP, etc) going in and it didn't really help. Pace is fast as fast. Like, fast. I cannot stress this enough. Fast. I also have toddler twins and a full+ time job. So I had to manage the fuck out of my schedule. My wife hates me but not because of the bootcamp but because I'm the type of dad that would commit to that kind of bootcamp.

BUT teacher and TA were top notch. Really good. My cohort was a cool group. All kinds of skill levels and backgrounds.

If you have a longing to like know tech stuff and you're around data or want to be around mounds of data, while expensive, I would literally be shocked if you regretted the bootcamp. Huge investment of money and time. Huge potential payoff for those of you without toddler twins and a wife who hates you for your lust for knowledge.

Good luck. I'd say God Speed but you don't need any more fast.

Wednesday, Feb 20 2019
    Thank you, dg! Like you mentioned this is a fast-paced course, so we're glad you felt supported by our instructional team and made connections with other classmates. Congratulations on graduating, we commend all your hard work as you balanced a full-time personal schedule! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Mike Wylie • Sales Associate (for now) • Graduate

I entered this course as a complete beginer. Within the first few weeks I was really wondering if I had made a mistake as I am a very slow learner when it comes to computers. I have confidence in my overall navigation of a windows or mac computer but as far as programing and reading code my only previous experience was copying and pasting code customizing my Myspace profile. Needless to say, I was very intimidated for a good portion of the course. From the first time I requested information about the school on their website to the moment I was handed my certificate was a very smooth experience. During application I was never bombarded with phone calls asking if I was ready to make a payment or felt pressured in any way. The career coaches you speak with in the begining are genuinely interested in who you are and what your goals and are there to give you a honest opinion as to whether this course would be a good fit for you or not. All in all I felt like I had real real resources and not a sales person there for me which is very important when you are about to spend a large amount of money for something you essentially have no knowledge of.

Upon starting the course the environment of the classroom was very comfortable, everyone is there to learn and you all have one thing in common, this mental obstacle course you're both about to start! I feel as though I made very valuable connections because you grow together with people when you share a common goal and along the way you get frustrated and discouraged but then theres the joy you feel when you resolve the issue! We were all very different people with a common goal and we all learned alot together. When you leave the course you have people to connect with who can endorse you, inform you of other job opportunities, give tips or simply reminisce about the program together! The point being is you leave with  a connection of people in a industry you are trying to enter, this to me is something that money cant buy and is a very valuable thing you get out of this program.

The course spans a wide range of material and is a very fast paced. This is as simple or complex as you want to make it. The time management aspect for me personally was the hardest part. You are learning at a fast pace and you have alot of resources but at the end of the day this program is teaching you how to build a website and everything behind the scenes, there is no other way to approach this than to know going in that this will not be easy, you have TA's with unlimited patience but they do not go home with you or constantly remind you to do your work, they're there if you need them but this is about you learning for yourself. Even if you show up physically but not mentally, you are doing yourself a disservice. I say this because I was there. This program is a gold mine but you have to do your part.

Leaving the program I learned much more than coding and programming languages. This program taught me to be adaptable when it comes to learning something new, to not get stuck in my ways and that its ok to make mistakes. When you are in a certain job position for almost 10 years you become stagnant. I felt like a complete idiot at times and learned how to explain my problems in a simpler more effecient way. I learned a great sense of responsibility and accountability which is something that was missing from my life. These are all things money cant buy and I can honestly say this course is now the reason I walk a little bit taller in my job because now I knoweven though I have not mastered the material we covered in the course, if I continue to learn and learn code as if school never ended I will not be stuck at my job for forever. This is a feeling that I did not have or think I could ever have in my life. This program was worth way more than what I payed for it.

As I am now a graduate I cant comment much on the job market or career services much but I speak with a very happy and helpful career coach weekly who is encouraging and informative. I still communicate and am up to date on al the events that will be happening and still feel connected to the school. The TA's were all excellent and I aspire to be like them as they were supportive, fun and just all around great people. I am going to miss the friends I made at the U of A coding boot camp and encourage anyone who is thinking about doing this to do it. Truly a magnificent program that will forever be a turning point in my life.

Wednesday, Feb 06 2019
    Amazing, Mike! We're so happy to hear our program was invaluable and that you were not only able to successfully learn the fundamentals of web development but also make lasting connections. We are proud of the dedication you put forth and all you have learned. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate you sharing your experience and providing great advice for future students! We are cheering you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Eric G. • Student

The U of Arizona Full Stack Flex Web Development Program is well worth your time and effort. There are amazing instructors, a challenging curriculum and an enormous amount of challenges. If you are committed to making a change in your life or you are redirecting your career. This is the place to be. You will be challenenged, frustrated and will at times doubt yourself. I did all of those things and still perservered. It was worth it. I feel that I created a remarkable beginning of a new chapter in my life and so can you. If you have the passion, determination and willingness to stretch this is the experience for you.

Saturday, Feb 02 2019
    Amazing, Eric! We're glad to hear you had an amazing boot camp experience and were able to make such a significant career change. Like you mentioned, having passion, determination, and willingness will truly help you succeed in this course. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Eric • Software Developer • Graduate

I am a recent graduate of this bootcamp, I graduated in April of 2018, and in full disclosure I am currently a teaching assistant with the bootcamp. That being said, the following review consists of personal thoughts and opinions:

Let me start off by saying this course is not easy. You will be constantly pushed and challenged, not only by the curriculum, but also by the pace. Although, it is still very doable!

If you are willing to put in the time and effort, the instructors and TAs will work with you tirelessly to make sure you succeed. But it takes sacrifice and self-study. That cannot go understated. The bootcamp recommends putting in 20 hours of self-study a week, on top of the 10 hours of classroom time. However, I would recommend upping that number to either 30 or 40 hours per week.

The instructor and TAs were phenomenal. I am frankly shocked how much I learned over the course of 6 months and while I certainly put in the hard work, I know it would not have been possible without such an amazing instructional team. Their ability to break down complex problems and topics into easier to understand pieces was truly top notch.

I wanted to point out that the tech job market here in Phoenix is robust and there are jobs out there for bootcampers. And everything we did in class, from homework assignments, activities and projects, are all geared towards putting together an attractive portfolio to share with potential employers. I lined up a lot of interviews (at least 10+), received multiple job offers, and accepted a software development position with a top tier consulting firm with a great salary and benefits. All of this before the bootcamp even ended.

I had other interviews lined up that I had to cancel, and I had companies that came to our demo day urging me to reconsider the job I accepted so that I could interview for their positions. Which brings me to my next point - the student success team does an awesome job! They put on a demo day for our final projects that was very well attended by Phoenix tech companies looking to hire developers with the skills learned in this class. The job I did accept was presented to me by the career services team as well.

Thursday, May 31 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Eric! You are completely right in that this is a challenging and fast-paced course that requires individuals to put in extensive time and effort to study and master the dynamic curriculum. We commend you for all the hard work and substantial hours of self-study you dedicated to the course material - it definitely paid off and shows in your TA role! We select team members who are passionate about teaching web development and enabling student success, so it's great to hear our entire team was able to guide you through complex topics and provide valuable career services. Congratulations on your new career position, we're thrilled we were able to help you take this step! Thank you for your review, we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
  • Dave • Student

I'm a 48 year old who works in IT currently, but the techology changes so fast that I needed a way to advance my skills.

Because of my age and the fact that all the apps and systems I work on seemed to be moving into a web browser (and I knew nothing about web development); I looked for a Full Stack Developer Bootcamp. After looking at a few I chose the U of A bootcamp because it was in person (I learn better that way), it's a major univeristy and it was a reasonably priced compared to other coding bootcamps.

This is a bootcamp and requires a lot of effort, but they provide lots of support with teacher assistants, tutoring, excellent instructors and a very good curriculum. I've been able to learn so much about Full Stack development and more importantly I feel I have the ability to keep updating my skills on my own.

The best part for me was after telling my employer I was taking this class my manager was able to get me a 6.5% (our normal has been 1.5% to 2 %) merit increase because I was taking this course. The merit increase for this year covers more than half of the cost of the class.  After two years it will have paid for itself!

Thursday, Mar 15 2018
    Dave, big congratulations on your advancement in your current position, as well as reaching the finish line with the boot camp! We realize the amount of hard work and dedicated hours that our students put into the program. We’re thrilled the skills you learned resonated at your current workplace and impacted you so positively. We wish you nothing but the best going forward!

• Graduate
    - 1/17/2018
    Tyler • Software Engineer • Graduate

The UA Coding Bootcamp, put on in conjunction with Trilogy Education, is worth every penny.  I graduated from their July 2017-Jan 2018 session (this was their 2nd group offered in Arizona at the time).  The class met at a great tech facility in downtown Gilbert.  They run a concurrent Monday/Wednesday and a Tuesday/Thursday session, each meeting from 6:30pm-9:30pm on their respective nights.  On Saturdays, both groups come together from 10:00am-2:00pm.  Each session has its own primary Instructor and at least two Teacher Assistants.  Saturday classes include all TA's; the Instructors take turns running the Saturday classes.

The material covered begins with basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and works its way up through a full stack of libraries, frameworks, and tech.  The class is definitely fast paced.  While they market this course as being a part-time course designed to work around your 8-5 job, be warned that the pace of this class will demand significant focus and time.  You will have 10 hours each week in class, and on top of that, I would recommend a minimum of 20 hours of studying and application of new material.  That will likely keep you struggling to breath, but alive.  Personally, I ended up quitting my 8-5 job and focusing on learning and practicing the tech taught in class.  I spent about 30-45 hours/week, and feel that I did quite well with the course material plus additional learning.

The curriculum is great.  It is current and well thought out.  The high up staff at Trilogy are constantly re-evaluating what should be updated or how they should change the pace and content.  They were very open to constructive criticism.

The support staff was also top-knotch.  They have a Student Success Manager whom is amazing; she was never slow to respond to communication and was always helpful and encouraging.  If a student is struggling while putting in the time and work, they will be certain to match the student up with TA's for one on one time, as well as free tutoring that may better line up with a student's schedule.

The TA's were mostly awesome.  The struggle with the TA position is that it attracts newer developers whom are in the process of building their resumes/portfolios while attempting to acquire a full time developing job.  As such, my session of the class went through SEVERAL TA's that would join, work for a few weeks, then leave when they began the full time job they'd been seeking from the beginning.  On the other hand, the other session had two TAs that were amazing from day one and stayed committed to the process till the very last day.  So your mileage may very; your class may get lucky with the TA's on the first shot, or it might take a few tries till Trilogy locks in the best ones.  For what it is worth, my session did have excellent TA's, too, we just seemed to get very unlucky with commitment with the initial handful until Trillogy had the fortune of finding people that would actually stay to the end.

The Instructors were top knotch.  Both the M/W and the T/Th classes had excellent instructors with years of real world experience.  The great thing is that you do have access to both instructors; you can live stream classes to listen in on lectures from the other instructor.  This is an great tip to gaining extra value from the classes when you have the time.  Although both instructors are covering the same material, they may do so in a different way, and hearing it an additional time through oten helps the concepts sink in.  I will say that, as with the TA's, the Instructors face the challenge of spending their focus and attention on the class for six months straight.  At one point, one instructor began a new job; there was a palpable decrease in this instructor's efforts towards the class after that point.  It is completely understandable for one's efforts to decrease as one's attention is demanded elsewhere, but the level of preparation never came back to where it had been before.  So again, your mileage may vary in terms of consistent quality.

In the end, no matter how great the curriculum, instruction, or continued education services are, it will come down to the effort that you as a student put in.  It is truly possible to go in knowing nothing, and come out with new, in-demand skills that will help you launch a new career!  It is not an understatement to call this an opportunity for one to change one's life, but do not believe that the program itself will change your life for you.  Rather, it provides the opportunity for you to change your own life.

I whole-heartedly recommend this bootcamp, and encourage future students to consistently apply yourselves and use the MANY resources to obtain success that Trilogy/U of A provides you with here.  It is a worth while endevour!

Wednesday, Feb 14 2018
    Hi Tyler,

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide a detailed review of your experience. We're glad to hear that you learned many valuable skills, and had an overall positive experience with this course. We know the importance of quality instruction, guidance, and support, so we love hearing that our team provided you with the educational experience that you needed in order to be successful in this program.

Congratulations on completing the course, we’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.

Why choose this one?

I saved up for a year to do a boot camp. I didn't discover programming until my last year of college. I felt like it was too late for me but then I heard about different boot camps that were gaining popularity. I interviewed with countless boot camps for web dev but never had the courage to take the leap especially when they would lay out their requirements to work for a company of their choice afterwards and move to a location of their choice. I was scared to spend my money on that.

It wasn't until I heard about this coding boot camp that provided a certificate from a legitimate and academically recognized organization such as the University of Arizona, that I finally decided it was worth it. I wanted my certificate to come form an organization I trusted and that I knew others would trust. Now people will see my certificate and know it is U of A approved. I'm proud to add a U of A certificate to my resume.

What's great about doing it at the university?

Being on campus made it easier to hop on over to the library afterwards and get awesome study hours in. Being in such an academic setting/environment personally helped me stay focused throughout. I've been able to take advantage of the university career fairs and be close to a location where recruiters like to visit.

In the boot camp, I was able to network with many people from different walks of life and meet professionals in the field. It was inspiring and still is. The career services helps to refine your resume and prep you for interviews or freelancing/contracting. They've provided me with great freelance materials also.

Advice you would give to other prospective students to ensure success.

Difficulties for me:

Time management - I did the part time camp so I got out of work at 430 pm and then I would go to class every other day until 10 pm. Also, I have a family, I work full-time, I was trying to stay healthy with moderate exercise, and I'm finishing my masters degree so..... The first 2/3 of the class were fine but then my actual school semester started and we started more intensive final projects in the boot camp at the same time for our final demo presentation day where different companies would be present. I had friends in the same situation and they opted to just quit their jobs for the last month and hope to get a job right after the class ended. I decided to keep my job and continue my masters but I definitely owed my family some quality time after.

How I managed:

Ask for help and give help- I was always been given the help I needed. Don't get stuck on homework for hours on end because you think you're going to figure it out eventually or you're too embarrassed to ask. I often slacked the TA's or teacher for help and was able to save lots of time this way. Also, for student who are struggling more than others, there is free personal tutoring available. The best way to learn is to turn around and help someone else who has the same problem as you were having.

Perspective- It wasn't until the end that I realized how far I had come. I look back at the first homework and realize I could do it in less than 30 minutes now even though it took me 5-7 hours the first time I did it. The entire time I felt like I was always falling behind because of my schedule. So stick with it even if you do bad on a homework or a few because in the end you will have learned so much more from trying than if you had given up. You will also become independent in your ability to learn new languages and web development tools.

Just do it- Do it all even if it's not going well at times. Every programmer has ups and downs, brick walls ...you name it. Some things make more sense to others than it does to you but even you will have your moments where something just clicks. I've had weeks where I totally understood the material and I was helping others and then there were weeks where that was completely reversed. It's an educational process.

Friday, Oct 05 2018
    Amazing, Anonymous! We're thrilled our boot camp was the best choice for your programming journey. It's great to hear you felt inspired by the various professionals and people you were able to network with, and truly benefited from our career services. This is a fast-paced program, one that will require extensive time outside of class, so we appreciate the advice you shared with prospective students. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course! We wish you all the success moving forward.
  • Anonymous • Front End Web Developer • Student

I signed up for this Bootcamp as I felt "stuck" in my current position.

I am a Front End Web Developer for a small (quickly growing) company that makes websites for companies. I really liked my job, but got panned for any promotions that came my way.

I took this course, and learned Node, React, Mongo, and so much more and it quickly raised my value. The career services portion walked me through how to tighten my resume and online presence. I think overall this helped me the most. Before the program was over I was getting a TON of calls offering me positions in the valley.

My employer quickly took notice and made me an offer. I really enjoy where I work, so I ended up getting what I wanted all along. I honestly can't thank the team that handles this bootcamp enough. Totally worth every cent paid!

Monday, Oct 02 2017
    Hi Anonymous,

Thank you so much for your review! It’s wonderful for our team to receive feedback like this, it’s terrific to hear that you had such an impactful and positive experience with this program.

We know this course can be challenging, so we commend you for all of the hard work you put into completing this course. Congratulations on receiving the offer you were looking for from your current employer! We’re wishing you continued success as you move forward in your career.