UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp
Throughout the 24-week boot camp, students have access to career-planning services, portfolio review, demo days, and recruiting advice. Graduates will receive a certificate from UMass Amherst and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.
UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp is powered by Trilogy Education services.
Recent UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp News
$500 Course Report Scholarship to Amherst Coding Boot Camp
UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, full stack web development course. It is part-time and designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set. The Course Report community is now eligible for a $500 scholarship to UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp.
Offer is only valid for new applicants to UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp does not allow stacking of scholarships or discounts.
- Full Stack Flex (Boston)
UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp Reviews
1 review sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
This course was offered in partnership with Trilogy Education Services. I was in their first cohort, but I'm not sure if UMass Amherst has any future cohorts planned with Trilogy. In any case, Trilogy does the majority of the work in providing the curriculum and teaching the courses, so my review applies to other Coding Bootcamps that Trilogy offers in partnership with any other university in the country.
I don't want to write a lenghty review, but it suffices to say that I have learned a lot in the program. In just six months, I went from working in the hotel industry to being offered a job as a Junior Web Developer for $70K, a $20K increase from my previous job. I was offered this job two days ago - exactly 30 days after the program ended.
The majority of the students in my cohort did not come from a tech background but were natural problem solvers and analytical thinkers (a few were not, but still did quite well). They were also from diverse backgrounds, including a recent immigrant from Eastern Europe who works as a waiter, a local Boston father of two young children who works in construction, a theologian, and an African American woman who is part of the LGBTQ community. Everyone did extremely well in the program and I am confident they will all be getting jobs soon in the industry.
Response From: Anna White of UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp
We're thrilled that you had such a positive experience with this course. We love hearing that our program has had a powerful impact on your career, and allowed you access to the opportunities in the field of web development that you were looking for.
As you mention, this program is intended for students and working professionals from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. That is why we provide our students with support in the form of in-class instruction and assistance from instructors and TAs, free tutoring sessions, live and virtual office hours, and constant communication through a dedicated Slack channel. This helps us to ensure that our students receive every opportunity for success.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Congratulations on your new position as a Jr. Web Developer, we wish you continued success as you move forward in your career.
Our latest on UMass Amherst Coding Boot Camp
Missed out on coding bootcamp news in April? Never fear, Course Report is here! We’ve collected everything in this handy blog post and podcast. This month, we read about why outcomes reporting is useful for students, how a number of schools are working to boost their diversity with scholarships, we heard about student experiences at bootcamp, plus we added a bunch of interesting new schools to the Course Report school directory! Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast.Continue Reading →