social-hackers-academy-logo

Social Hackers Academy

Athens

Social Hackers Academy

Social Hackers Academy offers a free 6.5-month, part-time full stack web development bootcamp in Athens and Crete, Greece. Social Hackers Academy is a nonprofit with a mission to help educate, find jobs for, and help integrate refugees and vulnerable groups. The bootcamp curriculum covers JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Node.js and React, with access to online 24/7 support throughout the course. Students will learn software engineering hard skills and soft skills from volunteer instructors with more than 10 years of professional tech industry experience.

The Social Hackers Academy application process includes sending a letter of motivation, completing a KhanAcademy computer programming course and then creating a CodePen website. Applicants must either be a registered refugee, asylum seeker, or an EU resident who has been unemployed for at least 12 months.

Recent Social Hackers Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (1) reviews for Social Hackers Academy →

Recent Social Hackers Academy News

• Front End Web Development (Full-time)

MongoDB, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, Agile
    Cost497
    LocationAthens
    Join Social Hackers Academy (SHA) and our “Front End Web Developer” program. During the 14 weeks, you’re going to acquire all the skills required to land a career in tech. You’re going to start coding from day one and work in a group of passionate people who are working hard to become web developers. You will acquire all the technical skills (HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Node.JS, etc.) and the mandatory soft skills in our specialized courses.
  • Front End Web Development (Part-time)

Agile, JavaScript, HTML, Node.js, CSS, React.js
    Cost497
    LocationAthens
    Join Social Hackers Academy (SHA) and our “Front End Web Developer” program. During the 30 weeks, you’re going to acquire all the skills required to land a career in tech. You’re going to start coding from day one and work in a group of passionate people who are working hard to become web developers. You will acquire all the technical skills (HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Node.JS, etc.) and the mandatory soft skills in our specialized courses.
  • My lovely bootcamp
    - 11/3/2021
    Nikos Chanos • Graduate
    Hello,
    I am a very experienced learner. I am a graduate student of informatics with an MSc degree I have passed from many schools and one programming Bootcamp also. I have tried self-taught methods, many tutorials, seminars, and MOOCs but SHA has a special position in my heart. First of all due to the people, all the staff, the instructor, the general manager, the support and especially the strong community of all the stakeholders.

They gave me the generous opportunity for 6 months to study and practice Front End Development with very high educational standards. But most of all I felt among friends and people who care about me and my progress. Even now they keep in touch with alumni very often and they have tactical events on various related topics about programming and jobs in this field. I appreciate very much what they have done and I always will.

Strongly recommended.