shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon, Online

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (280) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.

• Loved it!
      - 9/9/2020
      Sonika  User Photo
      Sonika • Verified via LinkedIn

“I loved learning on SheCodes. Matt made the basics very clear. It was easy to understand and motivated me to learn more.

I would definitely enroll in more advanced courses with SheCodes in the future.

I am looking forward to implementing what I have learned so far and learn more.

• Victoria  User Photo
      Victoria • Manager • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I’m so happy that I 3 weeks ago decided to take courses at SheCodes. I tried some different online coding courses before, but it didn’t work for me, I spend a lot of time, but by the end I could not code by myself. Look at me now, just 3 weeks at SheCode and I already can code my own webpage. The whole platform at SheCode is so userfriendly and Matt is a really good teacher, who explains every toppic very understandable. I’m so excited to continue to learn more at SheCodes. Thank you Matt and your fantastic team 😀.
    • Fantastic Workshops
      - 10/15/2020
      Ines Figueiredo  User Photo
      Ines Figueiredo • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       I found SheCodes through a friend that works as a developer. She knows that I want to have a career change and SheCodes was one of the schools that she advised me to look.

As a person that knows nothing about coding (HTML, CSS, JavaScript), I finished the 3 weeks workshop with a completely functional page. Not the best looking, I have to admit, but with 3 weeks, I guess it was pretty good!

I'm actually thinking of doing the longer workshops that they have (maybe the Plus - 3 months , or Plus React - 4 months).

If you want to start coding, this is one of the best ways to start.

P.s.: The name "SheCodes" is only for serving the purpose to narrow the gender differences in the IT area :)
    • Ms
      - 10/13/2020
      Jennifer  User Photo
      Jennifer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I love SheCodes - these were amazing 3 weeks learning basic coding in a fun and interactive way. I would like to continue this exciting journey when I graduate from my MBA. The knowledge and skills I have gained give me a feeling of empowerment to do more and achieve more. Most of the time I got the feeling of flow and it was hardly possible to distract me from coding and learning - I did not expect to be so thrilled! Thank you for creating such an engaging challenge! I am really in love with coding now ╰(*°▽°*)╯
    • Amazing start!
      - 10/12/2020
      Sarah  User Photo
      Sarah • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I started the SheCodes Workshop without any experience and in three weeks I learned a lot! I really enjoyed all the experience of learning with Matt and all the other girls and I recommend the workshop to all the women that are interested in learning about coding! 💜
    • Samantha Barrezueta  User Photo
      Samantha Barrezueta • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       Absolutely recommend SheCodes! I wasn't sure if I wanted to - or even could - learn coding, but these workshops made it extremely easy to learn and put everything into practice. You get the right amount of guidance and support, while still encouraging you to search for the relevant resources.
    • Fun & Rewarding
      - 10/9/2020
      Tanya Taylor  User Photo
      Tanya Taylor • Systems Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have thoroughly enjoyed doing the SheCodes Introduction to Coding Workshop, and I'm very much looking forward to starting SheCodes Plus! Matt explains things clearly, and I think the course set-up is excellent - the challenges are very helpful, the homework is useful for helping cement the new knowledge, and the final project was a fun way of testing my new skills, and starting off my coding portfolio. The Slack community is also very supportive, and it feels so good when you can help others as well. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to get into coding, whether you are starting from scratch or have some very basic HTML knowledge like me.
    • Laura Hunter  User Photo
      Laura Hunter • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Loved this course! I knew absolutely nothing about coding when I started. Matt explains it all so well it almost makes it easy. I am looking forward to the next course. Thank you!!
    • SheCodes Beginner
      - 9/25/2020
      Agata Kukulska  User Photo
      Agata Kukulska • Graduate Verified via GitHub
       “I have started SheCodes with zero former knowledge of coding and no idea if I will enjoy this field. I am very happy that I found coding fun! The workshop is easy to follow and really motivating. I think its a great way of learing how to code!
    • Maria Auxiliadora  User Photo
      Maria Auxiliadora • Hernandez Rivero • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “Learning to code has become an all-out adventure, thanks to this Workshop. All the classes are easy to understand and the challenges every week help you prepare for the final project. I’m looking forward to continuing to learn and advancing on this exciting path of coding. I 100% recommend this course to everyone interested in starting a coding career.”
    • Detailed & Fun
      - 9/22/2020
      Brittany Davis  User Photo
      Brittany Davis • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “Loved this workshop and would absolutely recommend it!!! Coding was made very fun and easy by Matt, and the challenges kept me on my toes. Learned so much in just the 3-week workshop... I'm intrigued to find out how much more I'd be able to pull off after the other two workshops available at SheCodes.”
    • Elizabeth Hadjinian  User Photo
      Elizabeth Hadjinian • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I learned about SheCodes as I started looking into Coding Bootcamps. I figured the 3 week workshop I signed up for, based on the price, would maybe be a few videos about coding with a few quizzes here and there and a small project at the end but I was pleasantly surprised that it was much more than that! The lessons broke everything down so well and almost every lesson from the beginning was followed and applied in a challenge so that you could practice at every point. You learn something every step of the way. As someone who had no experience with coding at all, this was a doable yet challenging workshop to participate in that showed you and talked about real life programs to use! I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone.
    • Anna V  User Photo
      Anna V • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Joining SheCodes was my best decision ever - this workshop has been a truly life-changing experience and I absolutely recommend it. As an Arts & Humanities graduate, I used to think coding was definitely beyond my reach, but I could not have been more wrong!! I cannot believe how much I have learned in less than a month - to be able to create a landing page from scratch a mere three weeks after downloading VS Code is simply incredible. Now I have become way more confident in my IT skills and I am looking forward to a massive career switch as front-end developer in the cultural industry - who said art & coding could not go together, after all? :)