SheCodes is open to beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. Women interested in joining SheCodes+ (advanced course) must first complete a short online application meant to assess their motivations. After being approved, applicants will begin the program.
Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.91
Recent SheCodes News
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
67 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Isabel Mendes- 12/18/2019Isabel Mendes • QA • Student • Course: SheCodes Plus • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
The SheCodes Workshop was a wonderful experience.
I found it through an Instagram ad.
They caught my attention because of the uniqueness of women and I thought it was great to start learning to code with other women.
Besides the knowledge, the team is great.
They did everything to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
There's online support, homework, chats, everything helps us keep up with our coding skills.
- Wonderful!- 12/11/2019Thayane Marcelino • Verified via LinkedIn
I loved doing the SheCodes workshop, in just two days I was able to make a website all made by me! I was very proud to know about this initiative, it brings together women interested in programming, showing that first of all women can do it and that women need to be more engaged in technology, because they need to participate in building the future in technology.
- Alessandra Rauh de Azevedo • Engineer making transition into Tech • Student • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
I attented the SheCodes Weekend Workshop for 3 reasons:
- I wanted to validate whether I enjoyed coding before making a greater commitment in a more time-consuming course;
- I wanted a welcoming environment;
- I wanted a presential course where I could also profit from some networking and alumni experiences since I am new in Lisbon.
And I had it all during this awesome weekend!!
Matt is a GREAT TEACHER, focused and funny at the same time and the learning pace was great, not too slow nor too fast. The ladies group was amazing, diverse backgrounds, ages, nationalities... I felt welcome from the beginning and the fact that we were only women was very important for this 1st contact with coding. Everyone felt confident to make questions, to say "I´m not getting it" without any fear of judgement.
The helpers from organization are former SheCodes participants and it was great learning from their experience and how it was to get their first jobs in Tech.
Unexpected & really appreciated: an overview of most common tech jobs, their main activities and some good tips about the next steps for those who want to dive further into the tech world.
- Filipa Matos • Head of People Ops • Student • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
It all started with my restless curiosity ... curiosity about the coding world. After all, what do developers do on those black screens full of color coding? How can they create so many powerful things from a black screen? And so I went looking for a coding initiation workshop. I found SheCodes and its initiation workshop in one weekend. Some of my developer friends validated that SheCodes had amazing workshops and they couldn't be more right! Matt is an engaging speaker who introduces us to the programming world and encourages us to make the most of every minute of that weekend. The pace is mind-blowing but inspirational. The result of those 16 hours is that you can do a number of things that 48 hours ago you didn't even think possible. I loved it and will continue to SheCodes Plus, no doubt about it!
- Excited for the future!- 10/27/2019Diana Odiaka • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
Being a part of the SheCodes weekend workshop was a way to test myself on whether or not i was passionate enough about programming to actually learn to code. I'm very glad i took that bold step because it has cemented my decision to take on the challenge to learn programming languages and given me a new purpose, which is to build a career in tech. It's validated for me that I can do it, and have fun doing it too! I am genuinely excited about learning even more and for the first time in a long time, i'm looking forward to classes. I got to meet a lot of amazing new people and made new friends. I believe it is a great workshop for introduction to coding as it fills you up with so much confidence and you leave the workshop with new skills.
- Great way to learn how to code- 10/24/2019Sofia Ferreira • Lawyer • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
I've just done the She Codes on the weekend and loved it. I only went because I'm curious about learning new stuff since I'm happy with my profession (lawyer), but I reallised that I could tottaly work in coding permanently. Matt creates an fun and confortable enviroment to learn. My opinion is that coding it's like learning a new language to express what you want but much much easier than that. Of course it will take work and dedication, but once you learn this new language, I think it woul be just like writing in you mother language.
- Good start to get a taste of coding- 10/18/2019Rebeca Martín Rincón • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
I found information about the 4-week-workshop that SheCodes offers just by chance while surfing the net.
I decided to give it a try since lately I have become more interested at coding and the price seemed to be affordable (I currently live in The Netherlands and courses and workshops can be really expensive here). I love learning new things and this workshop has been a nice challenge for me, even though I already knew a few little things about coding (mostly HTML).
In case you have any doubt or you need help, you will be able to address the tutor and other collegues through the Slack channel.
This workshop also allowed me to explore my creativity and think about personal future projects. And definitely, it is an opportunity if you consider to change career and want to try if coding will be an option for you. SheCodes allows you to take part in affordable fun workshops.
I attended to SheCodes Live Workshop, so I can only talk about that.
The course itself is instructed nicely, however I believe the curriculum was not very well suited to the amount of money that you pay (at my time it was 99 euros). you are going to have Courses and homeworks for 2 weeks, and the whole third week is dedicated to your final project, which I believe it could be better if they would have some material for the 3rd week too (Matt is going to have live webinar for 4 times in total, once per week).
If you are brand new in coding then yes that is a good way to start. Also the slack-chat environment has a really nice, helpful and friendly atmosphere. BUT for someone who has a tiny little bit of coding experience I wont recommend this course, there are other courses online on edX and Coursera with more challenging homeworks and syllabus. Even online free youtube videos are available that can teach you as same level as this course or even better (for example search for mmtuts on youtube).
Shecodes is at the starting point of its journey though, so most probably they are going to improve themselves and their materials through the time.
- Very good experience!- 10/18/2019Tonia Maffeo • Marketing Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
I started this course to get a bit more into the magic of coding and see if it could be something that matches with me and my mindset and I really loved it.
The course is very well structured and Matt is really good explaining all the classes. The fact that you can always ask for help on the Slack channel gives you also the strength to follow this path knowing that actually you are not alone and that there is a class that can support you besides Matt.
- Great way to start a new carrer- 10/2/2019Verena Cascaes Bandeira Vianna • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
Besides the knowlege, the team is great. From Matt, the tutor, to the girls at the support team, coffee, cookies, wine... They did everything to make us feel welcome and confortable.
There's an online support, homework, chats, everything helps to keep us going on with our codind skills.
I really recommend SheCodes!
- A great experience- 9/30/2019Suellen Espirito Santo • Interior Designer • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great code experience- 9/30/2019Margarida Costa • Project Manager • Student • Course: SheCodes Plus • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great start for coding!- 9/23/2019Bettina Muzzio • Designer • Student • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
- For an excellent start!- 9/10/2019Leonor Pereira • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
Loved the whole experience of the course. The price is very affordable and allows you to have a better idea of the work that is developed in this area in order to understand if there is in fact student interest in the subject. Matt is an excellent teacher who exposes knowledge easily and effectively to make it easy for everyone to understand. From SheCodes I discovered a new passion in my life, programming!
- A good kick to start coding- 8/12/2019Marie • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: SheCodes Plus • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Introduction to Coding in Just a Weekend- 7/31/2019Kathrin Lilienberg • Verified via LinkedIn
- Highly Recommended!- 7/29/2019Farah Fahmawi • Architect Designer • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
I really enjoyed each class we had at Shecodes! Mat is a great teacher I easily learned how to code, I joined this workshop thinking I would learn the basics of coding, but I've learned much more than I thought it would be possible in just 2 days.Intense, but very well managed by a great humour and time discipline. It exceeded my expectations! I highly recommended, I felt inlove with coding on the same time I had zero knowledge!
- SheCodes Porto Workshop- 7/24/2019Débora Babo • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Course to know the basics- 7/16/2019Carol • Verified via LinkedIn
The fast-paced introdutory workshop to web development (HTML/CSS/JS) was well worth the time and effort. It was a wake up call for many of the students: coding isn't easy and require a certain state of mind. But it can be fun and, with the guidance of Matt and team, by the end of merely a weekend most if not all of us managed to make a simple yet interactive website all by ourselves. Addicionaly, we were explained the current and future need of employers and how to better make it count. All on top of a relaxed and welcoming enviroment. For me, it confirmed my will to pursue this path with like-minded peers.
- Great introduction- 6/24/2019Cor • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
SheCodes was a great way to learn the basics of coding as well as more information about the industry. Matt is a great teacher and makes the coding world feel so much more accessible. I plan to take what I have gained from this workshop and further develop my skills to hopefully create new opportunities in the future.
- Dive into code basics with SheCodes- 6/18/2019Vanessa Espirito Santo • Office Assistant • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via GitHub
Matt was always nice and patient with all the questions throughout the weekend. All the staff were great and did their best to provide a valuable experience to the participants.
I recommend this workshop to anyone who desires to learn more about tech and/or to refresh concepts.
- Amazing experience- 6/16/2019Eymi Basto • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
- SheCodes Workshop - You Have to Try it!- 6/14/2019Susana Ramos • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
- SheCodes Workshop- 6/14/2019Leonor Carvalho • Verified via LinkedIn