shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (372) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.

• Débora Babo  User Photo
      Débora Babo • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

It was such a great opportunity to learn a little bit about programming! It was a great introduction to this "mysterious world"! Matt is a great teacher!!

• Sales specialist
      - 1/20/2021
      Jelena  User Photo
      Jelena • Sales specialist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       “I have worked in IT sector as a sales specialist for some time now and because of that fact I was always near coding but thought that it is too complicated for me. I stumbled upon a free class and thought to myself why not. After this beginner workshop I am quite sure that coding isn't the boogie man. Lectures are superbe and everything is explained very good. Would recommed!”

• SheCodes Workshop
      - 1/11/2021
      Rusne Kaminskaite  User Photo
      Rusne Kaminskaite • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I never imagined that I can code! This course was well explained by Matt Delac, very interesting and easy to understand. The rest of the team is always ready to help you, as well!
      If you still thinking wheter or not start this journey, I say 100% go for it! Even if you not thinking of becoming a developer, Introduction to coding gives skills for everyday life and a challenge you can be proud for!
    • Super Workshop!
      - 1/11/2021
      Frauke  User Photo
      Frauke • Recruiter IT • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I really enjoyed the workshop. Everything is well explained and absolutely understandable for a beginner like me. It was fun to learn the first steps in coding! :) Also liked the slack group. Highly recommend!”
    • Fabiola Samueli  User Photo
      Fabiola Samueli • English teacher • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I loved it! I must admit I got frustrated at times, but I mostly had a lot of fun and learnt so much in such a short time! I would've never imagined I'd enjoy coding so much as I always thought it wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I was completely wrong and I was not disappointed. So I'd definitely recommend it, and I've actually already done so! :)”
    • Giulia  User Photo
      Giulia • Service Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I loved SheCodes! I had a previous basic experience with HTML, but I've never done anything with JavaScript before and nonetheless I found the course very clear and easy to follow.

I also really liked that Matt was explaining enough to let me learn new stuff and complete the assignments, but still giving inputs about other options and possibilities that triggered my curiosity and made me explore and try on my own.

Thanks SheCodes! 🤩
    • Great workshops!
      - 1/7/2021
      Dominika  User Photo
      Dominika • Team Leader • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I was a total beginner when I started this course - I never did anything related to coding. Matt was explaining everything really clearly and I always had access to the materials to go back to and refresh the info. Also, I greatly appreciate the help on Slack - always got replies quickly and everyone is so nice. It feels great to be a part of this community and also to learn new skills. I can't wait to start another course with SheCodes and get more into coding!
    • Sophie  User Photo
      Sophie • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      It was so easy to learn with SheCodes that I really want to learn more and more. It has definitely been a great first experience with coding. It's incredible how much I've learned in such a short time. Matt is a great instructor, I really could understand the logic of coding. Every time I finished an exercise module, I was looking forward to learning more. The support time is super and they review your weekly exercise!
      I have gotten a lot out of my SheCodes workshop.  It is definitely a workshop for anyone interested in grasping the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and Java.
      Thank you so much, SheCodes.
    • Cyrielle  User Photo
      Cyrielle • Verified via LinkedIn
      This three-week workshop was a lot of fun. More than just tags and functions, I learned a mindset that will help me go further. The web platform is didactic and user-friendly. The staff is supportive and always there to help. That's why I decided to continue my training by registering for the follow-up, SheCodes Plus.

• Barbara   User Photo
      Barbara • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      "I have really enjoyed the lessons so far. I had studied for a while on my own, but I was still having lots of trouble connecting the dots, and truly understanding how everything works to apply it on my own. Matt explains things in little bits - he breaks it down in a way that helps me put the dots together and truly understand how/why something works. Now, I am starting to feel more comfortable knowing how to use the code for my own creations. I am excited to start SheCodes Plus!”
    • Alba Rodríguez Pulido  User Photo
      Alba Rodríguez Pulido • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes has definitely been a great first experience with coding. It's incredible how much I've learned in such short of time. It's been easy to keep up with the exercises and homework every week, but it's also been challenging. I know I still have a lot to learn, but I had so much fun it's only a matter of time that I keep improving. I've really enjoyed the program, I'd fully recommend it! Thank you Matt for the well structured classes and all the team for the support in the Slack group! And last but not least, I really appreciate the push that this program offers to women in the world of technology, I'm so grateful for this!
    • Maisha Fatema  User Photo
      Maisha Fatema • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       “The course was easy to understand and an excellent start for anyone who wants to learn to code. I enjoyed all the lectures, challenges, and project works at the end of each week. The course was fun for me as a beginner and also helped me not to lose interest while coding. I am a student with Marketing background and it was not easy for me to think of changing my career. SheCodes made my start to the coding journey amazing! Many other institutes offer similar courses yet SheCodes is the only platform I found interactive. Thank you so much, Matt for the classes and João for all the support in the Slack group! Best wishes to my workshop mates in their future endeavors. ” 😊

• Great course
      - 12/19/2020
      Natalia Semeniuk   User Photo
      Natalia Semeniuk • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      A great workshop, lets you work at your own pace if you're having to work around your life to finish it. Matt explains everything well and provides a lot of external sources to look at to do more research. I'd consider changing my career to coding in the future if my life leads me there, for now it's good to have the basic knowledge!