shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon, Online

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (203) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.

• SheCodes Workshop
      - 6/14/2019
      Leonor Carvalho  User Photo
      Leonor Carvalho • Verified via LinkedIn

SheCodes Workshop was amazing!! I think it's the perfect introduction WS to start learning code and frontend things! Thanks one more time!

• Lilly Stumb  User Photo
      Lilly Stumb • Verified via LinkedIn
      This was my first time coding and I was nervous, but with SheCodes I have successfully built my first webpage! The watch, learn, do methodology made coding extremely straight forward and easy to manage and I knew that if I ran into any issues help was just a Slack message away. The three-week workshop has given me the confidence to sign up for SheCodes plus and continue learning!
    • Elena  User Photo
      Elena • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      It was very challenging, but I ended up being able to do more than I expected💪🏻. You also have access to the course later if you want to review something.
    • Chidinma (Miracle) Woko  User Photo
      Chidinma (Miracle) Woko • Student, Nursing Assistant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This has been the easiest and most interactive way for me to learn how to code. In the past I was used to learning html and css from generic apps, but they weren't nearly as fun as SheCodes. If you're on the fence, I would highly recommend trying out the 3-week workshop in order to get a feel for the curriculum like I did and be a part of the slack online project help forum. I'm looking forward to purchasing the SheCodes Plus course soon because of how much I liked this one. Thanks, Matt, for such amazing instruction and explanation of the material!!
    • Cleo Gallagher  User Photo
      Cleo Gallagher • MSW Student • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Learning to code has always seemed intimidating to me but I'm so glad I finally took this course. Everything was broken down and explained really well and I had a great time. I will definitely be taking further SheCodes workshops in the future!
    • Esther Simon  User Photo
      Esther Simon • Student • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      It may have taken me 3 weeks and two days to complete the SheCodes Workshop, but this experience has taught me an insurmountable amount about tackling my fears! Each lesson pushed my knowledge in code just the right amount, to where I could then knock out the challenges bit by bit. I attribute my success as well to, Lexi D., and other members of the SheCodes.io Slack community, and especially because I was experiencing setbacks coming from a place of doubt as I reached the half-way point of the course. But, the fast responses to my inquiries as to why it was that my code wasn't working, quickly got me back into tempo, (hence the additional two days), and eventually having the confidence to face the dysfunctional coding mishaps on my behalf. After viewing their online commercial, I was a bit hesitant at first to consider spending the $99 that course would cost, however after the free live-session workshop which I joined, this solidified my stance once and for all to overcome my fears and learn how to code! It truly is amazing to see that after three years following my initial attempt to complete an HTML course, SheCodes Workshop not only aided in my knowledge base of HTML, but provided me with a solid understanding of JavaScript, and CSS basics, and most of all, a motivating community--which overall factored into my successful completion of the workshop course. My advice for anyone considering to opt for SheCodes is that, realize it's a worthwhile investment that lasts a lifetime. The skills learned in this workshop shows a glimpse of an individual's forbearance, needed to succeed in life's challenges, no matter how daunting they seem to be at first.
    • Great Course
      - 7/24/2020
      Nonjabulo Olaniyan  User Photo
      Nonjabulo Olaniyan • Verified via LinkedIn
      I learned a lot from this workshop. There was a lot of support for when one gets stuck, and Matt's videos were easy to follow. I liked that they were short and got straight to the point. I have always been intimidated by coding, as it seemed like such a complicated thing to understand. However, from this workshop I realized I am capable of grasping new concepts around this subject and it has encouraged me to take it forward and learn some more. This was a great introduction to coding, I am happy I followed it up after seeing that ad.”
    • Excelent Workshop
      - 7/24/2020
      Vianey Audiffred  User Photo
      Vianey Audiffred • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      "Shecodes is the best workshop I have ever been to." The lessons are very well explained and the challenges are very good to practice.”
    • Sam Willingham  User Photo
      Sam Willingham • Teacher • Student Verified via GitHub
      Matt is an awesome instructor and I really loved this workshop. The lessons are well-organized and easy to follow. I love the challenges after each lesson-- it gives you a great amount of practice and there's plenty of support along the way. I can't wait to keep going on to other workshops with SheCodes!”
    • Faii Athiprayoon  User Photo
      Faii Athiprayoon • ESL Instructor | Translator • Verified via LinkedIn
      “Investing in myself by taking my first-ever coding class with the SheCodes Online Workshop is one of the best investments I have ever made this year during the COVID-19 pandemic. At SheCodes, each week consists of short and digestible videos (8-12 mins) along with a coding challenge per video and a weekly homework assignment at the end of the week. At week-3, I have to complete a culminating project where I applied everything I have learned! As a hands-on learner with zero background in computer science or previous coding knowledge, I found myself highly motivated and curious to learn more from start to finish and beyond! I have never imagined that one day I would be able to create my own project from scratch using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript in less than 3 weeks. Matt (the instructor) is very organized and clearly explains all the relevant and updated information and resources. All the lessons are also very well scaffolded like a building block! Although there are no group-work assignments in the beginner 3-week course, students can always ask questions about their coding challenges and homework (if stuck) on a Slack forum where all students can join the conversation and help one another solve problems. (Questions that are posted on Slack are also being monitored closely by the SheCodes staff.) Now I can't wait to continue exploring more deeply into the world of programming in the SheCodes Plus React Workshops. Thanks to Matt, his team, and the Slack Community for creating a wonderful learning experience to empower more women to enter the tech industry!! Kob-Khun Kha (Thank you in Thai😊🙏)! 👩🏻‍💻”
    • Nadege Uwurukundo M.  User Photo
      Nadege Uwurukundo M. • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      “When i started SheCodes i was not sure what to expect since i had already taken some coding classes at the university and i did not like it. However, I enjoyed learning html, CSS and JavaScript with sheCodes because of the super organized classes and the tremendous help that is available for the students. Thank you SheCodes 😊!”
    • Briliant Course!
      - 6/29/2020
      Brogan Gauld  User Photo
      Brogan Gauld • Graduate Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This workshop was the perfect introduction to coding. The software, tools, and tips and advice given have been invaluable! I really appreciated the Slack chat - no matter what I got stuck on, there was always another student or expert to help, thank you! Would recommend this workshop to anyone interested in grasping the fundamentals of HTML, CSS and JS, as it is extremely interactive and the content is very accessible, even for beginners.
    • Zoe Taylor-Dixon  User Photo
      Zoe Taylor-Dixon • Assistant Programme Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Great course from start to finish! The number of lessons each week was initially quite daunting and I wasn't sure at first whether I would have the time to fit them in around work, but once I started and got to know the format, I found it flowed really well. The challenges were fun but tough, there was a really good balance between difficulty and enjoyment. I loved creating my final project and can't wait to keep practicing and building on these new skills.