shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon, Online

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (287) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    • Tonia Maffeo  User Photo
      Tonia Maffeo • Marketing Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I started this course to get a bit more into the magic of coding and see if it could be something that matches with me and my mindset and I really loved it.
      The course is very well structured and Matt is really good explaining all the classes. The fact that you can always ask for help on the Slack channel gives you also the strength to follow this path knowing that actually you are not alone and that there is a class that can support you besides Matt.
      I've learned things that I never thought I could really enjoy, HTML, CSS and a bit of Javascript, while learning I was saying to myself "Oh my God, this is really great". I suggest to anybody to try it!

• Verena Cascaes Bandeira Vianna  User Photo
      Verena Cascaes Bandeira Vianna • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The SheCodes Workshop was a wonderful experience. I have found it through an Instagram ad after searching for bootcamps for not experienced coders. They caught my attention beacause of the ladies exclusiveness and I found great to start learning to code with other women. The "Ok, let's see what happens" was transformed to "Oh, mu God, I can code myself!". The content is great and we have learned tons of things for two days. HTML, CSS and Javascript. Every topic has exercises and practice.

Besides the knowlege, the team is great. From Matt, the tutor, to the girls at the support team, coffee, cookies, wine... They did everything to make us feel welcome and confortable.

There's an online support, homework, chats, everything helps to keep us going on with our codind skills.

I really recommend SheCodes!

• A great experience
      - 9/30/2019
      Suellen Espirito Santo  User Photo
      Suellen Espirito Santo • Interior Designer • Verified via LinkedIn

This is a great expericence to learn code, I learned so much in two days, SheCodes is the best way to start Learn HTML, CSS Codes and JavaScript. The whole team is wonderful, I had a great experience. I highly recommend it.

• Margarida Costa  User Photo
      Margarida Costa • Project Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

for me SC was a great coding experience

First to get to know the logic of code and the principles

Then, due to its amazing environment. A judgment free environmental where we have space to ask questions and learn with the team effort.

• Bettina Muzzio  User Photo
      Bettina Muzzio • Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

This 2-day workshop was great for having that first contact with coding. Matt was an awesome instructor and everything was better than I expected.

• Leonor Pereira  User Photo
      Leonor Pereira • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Loved the whole experience of the course. The price is very affordable and allows you to have a better idea of the work that is developed in this area in order to understand if there is in fact student interest in the subject. Matt is an excellent teacher who exposes knowledge easily and effectively to make it easy for everyone to understand. From SheCodes I discovered a new passion in my life, programming!

• Marie  User Photo
      Marie • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I did the onlive version of Shecodes Plus, which gave me a lot of flexibility. It's a very efficient introduction to all the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript, all you need to start dig deeper. The instructor is nice and helpfull and it's a pleasure to get integrated in a community of amazing girls. If you're not 100% sure if coding is for you, this is the best way to find out!

• Farah Fahmawi   User Photo
      Farah Fahmawi • Architect Designer • Verified via LinkedIn

I really enjoyed each class we had at Shecodes! Mat is a great teacher I easily learned how to code, I joined this workshop thinking I would learn the basics of coding, but I've learned much more than I thought it would be possible in just 2 days.Intense, but very well managed by a great humour and time discipline. It exceeded my expectations! I highly recommended, I felt inlove with coding on the same time I had zero knowledge!

• Great course
      - 7/29/2019
      Susana Simões   User Photo
      Susana Simões • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I participated in SheCodes 22.0 in Lisbon and I just loved it. It was a great weekend of learning and knowing new people. All the team was great and it is astonishing how Matt was able to teach us so much in such a short period of time. And in a funny way!
    • Débora Babo  User Photo
      Débora Babo • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

It was such a great opportunity to learn a little bit about programming! It was a great introduction to this "mysterious world"! Matt is a great teacher!!

• Carol  User Photo
      Carol • Verified via LinkedIn

I did the She Codes 12 hours workshop in Porto in July 2019.

She Codes is a great course to get in touch for the first time with Front-End Web Development learning HTML, CSS and Javascript.

Definetly worth it for who wants to get to know coding!