shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (988) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
  • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
    SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    3 monthly payments of $299
  • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    6 monthly payments of $249
  • SheCodes Workshop
    - 7/29/2019
    Sofia Nunes

SheCodes made me develop a taste for coding which I didn't realize I had! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of coding and front-end development

• Dora • QA Funcional Tester • Student

I had a 2 day workshop about the basics of coding, in Decembre 2018. I dont have any background in the IT career, in fact i studied phychology.

Matt was the instructor i'm so gratefull for that. It was intense but i feel that I learned a lot.

Now, i work as QA, i still have a lot to learn but i feel that She Codes workshop give me the motivation and the strenght to carry on.

Thank you so much to all of SheCodes team :D

Dora

• Silviana Uta • Online Project Manager • Graduate

SheCodes was one of the best experiences I have with workshops/courses - probably my excitement and the fact that we were a group of women added up to it.

I am a fan of fast-paced, hands-on courses, that is what works best for me in terms of learning. In this sense, SheCodes fits perfectly my learning style. During the weekend we managed to get the basics of coding, had plenty of exercises meant to help us understand better the concepts and in the end finished with an assignment in which we had to apply everything we learned before.

Matt was a really cool instructor, very professional, structured and clear in his speech. On top of that, he had quite funny geeky jokes :)

All in all, it was a good experience that I recommend to any woman curious to know more about coding.

• Awesome
    - 7/1/2019
    Carina Freitas • Software Tester • Applicant

Two days that passed really fast. We had an introduction to HTML, CSS and javascript that allowed us to understand how they work and how they are integrated with each other. As a software tester, I saw some improvements in my day-to-day work. I must recommend this workshop to anyone who wants to start programming

• Sara Mota • Student

Last December I took the SheCodes workshop just for fun, to learn something new. Now, I'm starting my new career in programming!

The worshop was a very enriching experience and a lot of fun. Matt can make it seem like coding is easy :)

I fell in love with programming, right away. I recommend to any woman who wants to learn to code, even if it is to renew concepts. For me it was the beginning of a new adventure!

• Tatiana Salvador

It will give you all the basis of HTML, CSS and JavaScript and what you need to make a conscious decision, if you want coding to be part of your life. If you are afraid to be bored, don’t!  The speaker will lead you to a fun learning experience! You will be dazzled by what you learnt and the results of what you can do afterall!

• SheCodesPlus
    - 6/17/2019
    Francesca Gambini • Project Manager • Student
    SheCodesPlus has been amazing. In such a short period of time I had the chance to adquire technical knowledge and valuable coding skills.
    It has been challenging, but with a high satisfaction return when putting together all I learnt and making my first web app working!
    Lessons were always stimulating and, together with the enthusiasm shared by the other girls, always fun!
  • Vera Silva • Student

She codes is a place where you can learn code in a relaxed environmental. It is useful not only because you can learn front-end but also get an idea of the potential of this world. Matt and the team of she code really helps to appreciate code world.

• She Codes
    - 6/15/2019
    Vera Lúcia Ribeiro • Student

“She codes is great if you wanna start coding and learn the basics. The weekend was a bit intensive, but very satisfying and worth it, and even though you'll be in a room for many hours the time just flies by without you noticing. I learned a lot in such a short time and I highly recommend this course to all first time coders.”

• Inês Santos • MSc in Management student • Graduate

I highly recommend doing the She Codes workshop! With She Codes I finally learned the basics of html, css and JavaScript and took a first step into the world of tech. The workshop was very demanding, but still so educational, inspiring and extremely dynamic and practical with an incredible teacher that helped us through every step of the way during all weekend. After the workshop my curiosity and desire to learn more about coding reached a whole other level of enthusiasm! I can't wait to continue the work I began in She Codes.

• She Codes Porto
    - 6/13/2019
    Ana Duarte

She Codes Porto was an introduction to the world of coding: HTML, CSS and Javascript. It was for sure a very helpful and good workshop for someone who doesn't know anything about coding and wants to start to learn more.

I totally recommend it!

• Tânia Gonçalves • Business Analyst • Student

It was the perfect weekend, learned a lot speacilly how it is to dive in the coding world. The environment is great, and it was really easy to learn with Matt.
    Totally recommend this workshop. :)