shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (991) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
  • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
    SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    3 monthly payments of $299
  • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    6 monthly payments of $249
  • SheCodes Workshop
    - 6/18/2020
    Ana Silvestre • Transactions Manager
    I was part of the February 2020 workshop in Porto this year and I truly enjoyed it! When I applied I knew nothing about coding but had this long overdue curiosity in understanding more and I truly enjoyed it! It gave me just enough - HTML, CSS and Javascript basics - for me to want to learn more on my own! Thank you Matt!
  • Marta Sofia Silva
    A very intensive weekend, very fast paced and very productive. Matt has an incredible ability to simplify the coding world by introducing us smoothly to it. Starting from understanding the frontend/backend differences, listing the several existing coding languages, to developing HTML, CSS and Javascript. I arrived to the workshop, from a working week, with lots of doubts on wether I would be able to understand anything. Guess what?! I left being able to distinguish the mechanics of coding and wanting to know a lot more about it. I highly recommend it!
  • Carla • Scientifc researcher • Student
     Learning coding with SheCodes was a very positive experience. It was really nice to have the opportunity to spend two days with other Women learning coding and working as a team. Even if in your current job you do not need coding knowledge, coding skills are very important for the future and know coding is an asset. For sure that I highly recommend SheCodes!!
  • Tilly Boscott • Student
    “SheCodes is a wonderful workshop for beginners AND women with coding experience. The workshop gives you a bunch of handy tips and tricks, as well as a firm foundation to begin your programming journey. Matt is an amazing teacher, and there's always someone on hand to help you out if you get stuck. I am so grateful that I took this workshop, and it's definitely inspired me to keep on coding.”
  • Margarida Gonçalves
    The SheCodes workshop is surely the best 101 on how to code for those who think coding is the hardest, unattainable thing to do. And although I thought these two days would only show me how to work more efficiently with developers, the truth is now I see coding as a fun hobby to pursue (or even a new career choice in the future).
  • she codes
    - 6/17/2020
    Rute Castro • Estudante de Biologia Aplicada na Universidade do Minho • Graduate
    “ I loved this intensive program course. I've learned so much in such a short time, it's fantastic. I recommend everyone, even those who have no interest in this area as it will help them realize how it works. Thanks to Matt, my ideas became clearer and more organized. thank you!”
  • Maryneth de Roxas • Graduate
    I really enjoyed the workshop with SheCodes. Easy to learn lessons, effective challenges, very helpful community, amusing to do homeworks, and fun project to finish. The first coding workshop that I truly enjoyed and made me want to code more. Highly recommended!
  • Raquel Ribeiro • Graduate
    This course was extremely complete, straight to the point and accurate so it provided a great amount of quality coding knowledge and valuable resources. Also it sets a change of mind regarding the technology world and shows us how to improve our career and how to enhance these skills to succeed.
  • Mireia • Graduate
    SheCodes really helped me push myself forward in the development world. Matt has a very structured and organised way to explain the theory which makes it very understandable, even going on a fast speed.

SheCodes is a great course to have an introduction to the front end world, but must be completed with somethinh else in my opinion.

I would recommend to try and do all the exercises first and then see the solution, otherwise you’ll forget quickly what you’ve learned.

Also it would be nice that the theory wasn’t explained with the same weather app exercise, just give the tools for the students to figure out the exercise on there own.

I gave mh feedback then and I hope changes have been implemented, if so, the course is totally worth it.

Thanks to them I continued to pursue my career in web development, and now I’m a full-stack developer.

Cheers,
  • Katya • Student
    I loved the SheCodes workshop 😆 The material of the lessons was really well explained by Matt and easy to understand. I was super excited to finish my final project and I am looking forward to learning the more advanced stuff with SheCodes Plus and React. I had no prior knowledge of coding and still can't believe I've just made my own landing page! Would definitely recommend this workshop to anyone who is curious about building websites. 👩🏻‍💻
  • SheCodes
    - 6/15/2020
    Ioana Valentina Adamović
    The SheCodes Beginner course is great if you wish to understand what coding is in basic lines, and opens up for you a different  view towards education opportunities and self development. It offers you clear lessons, explicit examples, full technical support and interesting projects that will catch you and make you wish to research for more. I would recommend this to anyone who wishes to learn more about coding.
  • Taylor • Student • Student
    “I have always told myself that I would learn to code one day, but all the courses online just didn't seem to work for me. However, SheCodes was so much fun that I couldn't help but want to come back each day! Such a great investment ️!”