SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.
Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96
Recent SheCodes News
Start Date None scheduled Cost $99 Class size N/A Location OnlineSheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $749 Class size N/A Location OnlineSheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
Deposit N/A Financing3 monthly payments of $279
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week6 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $299 Class size N/A Location OnlineSheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
287 reviews sorted by:
- SheCodes Workshop- 3/2/2020Sofia • Software quality assurance tester • Student • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInIt's totally worthy even if you're not sure if coding is your future.
In just a weekend you'll learn enough to understand the logics of coding and gain autonomy to create your own web page and visuals in a fun and pedagogical way. It's far from being rocket science and you can actually enjoy it. 🙂
- Coding: clear, structured and friendly 👩💻🤖- 2/19/2020Lara • Consultant • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInI participated in a SheCodes weekend workshop, which introduces to basic of coding!If you are interested in start learning coding, I really recommend this program,In special, if you are a woman I strongly recommend this specific workshop with Matt Delac, as he is a great teacher, sharing the knowledge in a very clear, structured and friendly way.Part of the workshop and what actually make it very productive and interesting is that besides the classes themselves with lot of practice and teacher and assistants around to guide you, there is homework both days and a final project – this makes you to put hands-on not just to hear and forget everything the next day!! Save some time for that weekend / following week as you will get so excited trying to improve your coding skills in your project!!Definitely recommended !!
- Very accessible introduction to coding- 2/12/2020Samantha • Student • Verified via LinkedInThe SheCodes weekend workshop introduces students to the basics of HTML, CSS and JS over one weekend. Don't expect to leave with job offers lined up (obviously), but if you know nothing about coding, expect to leave with a much better understanding of how it all works and of the industry itself, as well as possible pathways you could follow if you decide to learn more. The follow-up course, SheCodes Plus, will help you take the next step towards a development career if you like the teaching style of SheCodes.
The instructor and founder of the course, Matt, is very clear and straightforward in his explanations and doesn't waste time teaching you things that are no longer relevant. He offers invaluable insider tips and is very accessible to students.
- Isabel Mendes- 12/18/2019Isabel Mendes • QA • Student • Course: SheCodes Plus • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
The SheCodes Workshop was a wonderful experience.
I found it through an Instagram ad.
They caught my attention because of the uniqueness of women and I thought it was great to start learning to code with other women.
Besides the knowledge, the team is great.
They did everything to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
There's online support, homework, chats, everything helps us keep up with our coding skills.
- Wonderful!- 12/11/2019Thayane Marcelino • Verified via LinkedIn
I loved doing the SheCodes workshop, in just two days I was able to make a website all made by me! I was very proud to know about this initiative, it brings together women interested in programming, showing that first of all women can do it and that women need to be more engaged in technology, because they need to participate in building the future in technology.
- Alessandra Rauh de Azevedo • Engineer making transition into Tech • Student • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
I attented the SheCodes Weekend Workshop for 3 reasons:
- I wanted to validate whether I enjoyed coding before making a greater commitment in a more time-consuming course;
- I wanted a welcoming environment;
- I wanted a presential course where I could also profit from some networking and alumni experiences since I am new in Lisbon.
And I had it all during this awesome weekend!!
Matt is a GREAT TEACHER, focused and funny at the same time and the learning pace was great, not too slow nor too fast. The ladies group was amazing, diverse backgrounds, ages, nationalities... I felt welcome from the beginning and the fact that we were only women was very important for this 1st contact with coding. Everyone felt confident to make questions, to say "I´m not getting it" without any fear of judgement.
The helpers from organization are former SheCodes participants and it was great learning from their experience and how it was to get their first jobs in Tech.
Unexpected & really appreciated: an overview of most common tech jobs, their main activities and some good tips about the next steps for those who want to dive further into the tech world.
- Filipa Matos • Head of People Ops • Student • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
It all started with my restless curiosity ... curiosity about the coding world. After all, what do developers do on those black screens full of color coding? How can they create so many powerful things from a black screen? And so I went looking for a coding initiation workshop. I found SheCodes and its initiation workshop in one weekend. Some of my developer friends validated that SheCodes had amazing workshops and they couldn't be more right! Matt is an engaging speaker who introduces us to the programming world and encourages us to make the most of every minute of that weekend. The pace is mind-blowing but inspirational. The result of those 16 hours is that you can do a number of things that 48 hours ago you didn't even think possible. I loved it and will continue to SheCodes Plus, no doubt about it!
- Excited for the future!- 10/27/2019Diana Odiaka • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
Being a part of the SheCodes weekend workshop was a way to test myself on whether or not i was passionate enough about programming to actually learn to code. I'm very glad i took that bold step because it has cemented my decision to take on the challenge to learn programming languages and given me a new purpose, which is to build a career in tech. It's validated for me that I can do it, and have fun doing it too! I am genuinely excited about learning even more and for the first time in a long time, i'm looking forward to classes. I got to meet a lot of amazing new people and made new friends. I believe it is a great workshop for introduction to coding as it fills you up with so much confidence and you leave the workshop with new skills.
- Great way to learn how to code- 10/24/2019Sofia Ferreira • Lawyer • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
I've just done the She Codes on the weekend and loved it. I only went because I'm curious about learning new stuff since I'm happy with my profession (lawyer), but I reallised that I could tottaly work in coding permanently. Matt creates an fun and confortable enviroment to learn. My opinion is that coding it's like learning a new language to express what you want but much much easier than that. Of course it will take work and dedication, but once you learn this new language, I think it woul be just like writing in you mother language.
- Good start to get a taste of coding- 10/18/2019Rebeca Martín Rincón • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
I found information about the 4-week-workshop that SheCodes offers just by chance while surfing the net.
I decided to give it a try since lately I have become more interested at coding and the price seemed to be affordable (I currently live in The Netherlands and courses and workshops can be really expensive here). I love learning new things and this workshop has been a nice challenge for me, even though I already knew a few little things about coding (mostly HTML).
In case you have any doubt or you need help, you will be able to address the tutor and other collegues through the Slack channel.
This workshop also allowed me to explore my creativity and think about personal future projects. And definitely, it is an opportunity if you consider to change career and want to try if coding will be an option for you. SheCodes allows you to take part in affordable fun workshops.
I attended to SheCodes Live Workshop, so I can only talk about that.
The course itself is instructed nicely, however I believe the curriculum was not very well suited to the amount of money that you pay (at my time it was 99 euros). you are going to have Courses and homeworks for 2 weeks, and the whole third week is dedicated to your final project, which I believe it could be better if they would have some material for the 3rd week too (Matt is going to have live webinar for 4 times in total, once per week).
If you are brand new in coding then yes that is a good way to start. Also the slack-chat environment has a really nice, helpful and friendly atmosphere. BUT for someone who has a tiny little bit of coding experience I wont recommend this course, there are other courses online on edX and Coursera with more challenging homeworks and syllabus. Even online free youtube videos are available that can teach you as same level as this course or even better (for example search for mmtuts on youtube).
Shecodes is at the starting point of its journey though, so most probably they are going to improve themselves and their materials through the time.