shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon, Online

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (287) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    • Evgenya D  User Photo
      Evgenya D • Digital designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “This course was very enjoyable for me, especially explanatory videos along with submission assignments, which made us implement what was taught. ”
    • Anne Pressman  User Photo
      Anne Pressman • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The introductory 3-week course was exactly what I needed to immerse myself in world that I wasn't completely sure I was ready for. The lessons are truly perfect for a beginner (like myself) and I feel completely energized and empowered to continue my education. I can't recommend this course enough!!!
      - 5/6/2020
      Dominika  User Photo
      Dominika • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I loved the SheCodes workshop. It's an excellent introduction to coding. Matt is a great teacher, and the videos are easy to understand. A big plus for the challenges as you can easily put in practice all that you have learned during each lesson. I had lots of fun doing this course, and I encourage everyone to give it a try!
    • Daniela Buzone  User Photo
      Daniela Buzone • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I don't have any experience in coding, I decided to change career from Marketing to web development. I chose SheCodes and I don't regret it! Matt has a nice way to teach, we don't feel overwelmed. I'm ready to go to She Codes PLUS :) Thank you SheCodes
    • Inês Serdoura  User Photo
      Inês Serdoura • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had this interest in coding and I decided to aplly to the SheCodes Workshop.I loved the workshop. It's actually possible for someone without any background to learn how to code. Matt is a great teacher, the videos are really easy to understand and the challenges allow you to put in practice what you learn in each session. It's a great way to start coding.
    • SheCodes Workshop
      - 4/25/2020
      Ana Ferreira  User Photo
      Ana Ferreira • Marketer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Shecodes Workshop is a super complete and interesting course for those who want to start to know the world of coding. Although I do not think that in the near future I will have a position in this area, I think that having this type of skills has a lot of advantages in any job because we live in an increasingly digital world, knowing the minimum and having coding bases is great for any career.
      - 4/25/2020
      Catarina Vieito  User Photo
      Catarina Vieito • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course was the perfect fit for me! I wanted to learn web development more in-depth, but I needed guidance and some pressure not to procrastinate however, I couldn't spend a lot of money on a coding Bootcamp. The course is very well structured and covers many topics in such a short time, which requires dedication on our part.
      Although it was online and we could do it at our own pace, we had the slack chat which helped in feeling part of the class.
      Matt's English is very good and the classes are spoken at a good pace and you can understand everything very well. Any questions we had we could ask on slack and one of the instructors or even the students would respond briefly. I found it was very helpful this method of asking questions in slack because I would see my colleagues doubts and if I couldn't help them, I would see what the instructors answered and learned a little more. Also when the homework was submitted it appeared on slack and it helped me in keeping my motivation because I didn't want to fall behind. All the people I talked to were very friendly and ready to help.
      In our profile, there's a career handbook which aims at helping us find a job with the new skills we have learnt. Thus, I do believe that we get a lot of value for the price we pay.
      I highly recommend this course!
      - 4/24/2020
      Catarina  User Photo
      Catarina • Architect/Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Loved the simple way Matt explains code. He makes it accessible to anyone who really wants to put an effort. I recommend this course a lot, but you cannot miss one single class, or you'll fall behind very fast :)
    • Matilde Maia  User Photo
      Matilde Maia • Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I really enjoyed this workshop and I highly recomend it to everyone who wants to understant how code works! Matt is a great teacher which make the learning process very simple and easy. The rest of the team is great too, always ready to help you with any question! I never though I would like it so much and now I really want to know more about this "new" world.  If you have doubts if this workshop is for you or not: just go for it!
    • SheCodes Lisbon
      - 3/2/2020
      Iolanda Xirgo  User Photo
      Iolanda Xirgo • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The SheCodes weekend workshop is an amazing experience for any girl who wants to start her journey in the world of programming or only if she wants to know the first concepts. I loved learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript and realizing the infinite possibilities that these tools can give and the various paths that can be started professionally. Thanks also to Matt, who is a great teacher, very simple and practical in transforming something ​​that first looks like a monster into something fun.
    • She does code!
      - 3/2/2020
      Núrya Inocentes  User Photo
      Núrya Inocentes • Community & Support Representative • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes is a fantastic workshop. It teaches you the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript, which is more than enough for you to realize if this is the path you want to take.
      Matt, our instructor, is funny and helpful, and made learning how to code simple!