shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (726) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
    • Andreia Oliveira • Student

I have just completed the SheCodes in Lisbon. I am very happy with the progress we made in a weekend. The course is very well structured: it is fast-paced, but with breaks to assimilate content and room for questions. The homework and final project are also a great tool to verify our learning and test it by ourselves- should we have any question the team is there for us. The staff was very helpful and attentive. I always wanted to learn how to code, and this course, by being hands-on-approach, demystified difficulties that I had. I highly recommended it! Moreover, this course creates an inspiring and thriving community I am glad to be taking part in.

• Suzana Gonçalves • Sales Department • Graduate

I went to Shecodes workshop on this week-end because I wanted to discover how code works since IT is more and more on our lives and, to meet people in the code industry to understand what they really do.

Well it turns out that it was more than that, not only I learn the basics but I also tried on some code and met very interesting people (attendees, former shecodes students and Matt). It's a very intensive workshop, don't get discouraged if you don't get all of it on the moment.

Obviously, you can't learn how to code in a week-end but it shows you how to get to it and gives you some advises. After the workshop, you will know if code is your thing or not.

Matt (the "teacher") transmitted his passion for code and was very welcoming; and Sofia (a former student from shecodes who became a Developer) was very helpful, transmitted as well her passion for code and shared her experience.

I really enjoyed the workshop; I speak several languages and coding may be the next one. It was definitely a good experience for me.

• Tânia Nóbrega • Instructional Designer • Student

I had an awesome experience with SheCodes. It was a two days workshop with a total of 12 hours, plus the homework and final project which consists in developing a landing page.

The two days are intensive, which makes it challenging to keep yourself on top of what is being taught and it might be confusing if you get distracted for a while.

It's a lot of information to take in, but even at a fast pace the sessions are well organized and Matt (teacher) was able to make it always interesting, so you don't have to worry about getting bored at anytime.

You'll have exercises during the sessions and technical assistants that will help you if you have any doubts. Everything happens really quickly and it will keep you on your toes to get everything done.

For someone that has zero experience in programming it was a challenge, but in the end i felt like I was able to leave with a good sense of every subject that I learned which made me very curious to keep searching and practising.

The overall environment was amazing! At the end of each day we'll have time to talk with our colleagues and the SheCodes team. It was nice talking with everyone specially because we all had different backgrounds.

I strongly recommend SheCodes if you're ready for a new challenge! Like Matt said "It's not easy but it's not rocket science!".

• Gina M. • Community Support + UX Designer

I honestly came out of this 2-day workshop with SO much more confidence and knowledge about front-end development—particularly Javascript. I have taken a total of 3 in-person web development courses:

1) University course
      2) General Assembly
      3) SheCodes

This was the only one where I felt that I truly understood Javascript, which was my end goal. I HIGHLY recommend this course because for the value and cost you cannot go wrong.

Matt conducts the workshop with humor, knowledge, no-nonsense, and ACTUAL quality control. You can't get your certificate unless you complete the final project, which I feel really ensures that there is actual meaning behind the certificate of completion, unlike a lot of other certification courses.

I'm definitely considering doing the SheCodes plus once I finish my other course, since I want to explore more front-end :)

Thank you to the SheCodes team for the wonderful experience.

• Great experience!
      - 10/2/2019
      Lívia Jambo • Student

I attended SheCodes Workshop in Lisbon and I just loved it ! I was really curious about coding, but I was also a little bit afraid that I wouldn't be able to understand it. I had a great time during the classes and, most important, I found it is not that hard since it was really well explained. I hope I can learn more in the next classes.

• Ladies, let's go!
      - 10/2/2019
      Maria Geadas • Student

Oh yes, if you, beginners like myself, think you are coming for lectures about coding, get prepared to "get your hands dirty"! You'll find yourselves actually coding since the first day. No fear (no time for it), when in panic, you just look around, and help will come. and after it, you'll probably want to keep on coding...

• Renata Dias • Mechanical Engineer • Graduate

I took the 2 days workshop in Lisbon in September and it was great! I'd had already had some experience with coding in college, but only somewhat superficial. Coming from so many different places and backgrounds, it was amazing on how much progress we all made in just two days. The environment was pretty relaxed and everyone from the event organization was super nice and always available to help. For women who are interested in learning more about coding, I think this workshop is a great way to start!

• Tanja

I had no clue about coding. After this workshop I fastly realized, that I really like it and I am able to do it! Matt and his team are great! The training was hard, but I learned so much, and I want to continue: So I decided to join SheCodes+ in Lisbon.

SheCodes provides you any time the content of the courses and Matt is really good in teaching. His team always provides a great support. With chats you are aleways in touch with everyone and you can exchange questions and knowledge.

You have no other chance than listening and challenging yourself, because the training makes you doing it!

• Pauline • Applicant

I attended the online training pilot for 1 month, and I thought the format was really great!
      As I was working at the same time I thought this class was flexible and well explained.
      We had one live classes per week and then we could learn independently during the week and create our own project.
      There is a slack channel in case we need help, and Matt is a really good teacher.
      I really enjoyed it and it made me want to learn even more!

• Zeynep Tangil • Student

Workshop was an amazing experience and it is unbelievable how much we have learned during two days! I had no previous knowledge about coding, but it was easy to follow the instructions as we have learned step by step and able to practice on spot. It is a tense weekend but so much fun so recommend anyone who has an interest!

• Great Experience!
      - 7/30/2019
      Sofia Casenave • Project Manager • Graduate

When I started this workshop I didn't know anything about code. Matt managed to explain everything in a very approachable, sucint and humored way. The fact that we made many exercises helped me a lot to apply the knowledge recently acquired. After this wonderful weekend I understand a lot better what coding means and its huge power and possibilities if we pursue this career in the future. It definitely gave me the boost I needed and the will to keep learning HTML, CSS and Javascript! If anyone is as curious as I am to be launched into the universe of coding SheCodes is the place to be!

• SheCodes Workshop
      - 7/29/2019
      Sofia Nunes

SheCodes made me develop a taste for coding which I didn't realize I had! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of coding and front-end development