shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (684) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

GitHub, Git, CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, CSS, React.js
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
      “SheCodes team is beyond explanation.I can't describe how great I felt during this workshop and learning how to code from Matt Delac! I think every woman no matter where she lives or what she does,should start coding with this amazing team.I didn't know anything about coding and now I'm surprised how much I've learned in only 3 weeks.
    • SheCodes basic
      - 8/3/2021
      I liked this course a lot, it was fun and easy to understand. Very reasonably paced too.
    • Amazing!
      - 7/26/2021
      I have worked at a few start ups in the Bay Area and always knew there was a gender gap in the industry so I was thrilled to find a program specific to women that was affordable. This was a fantastic introduction to coding that reinforced a lot of the things I felt I already knew (aka how to read code), but it taught me so much more about how the "languages" speak to each other. I'll definitely be returning for another level of courses.
    • great experience
      - 6/2/2021
      Wonderful workshop , I had awesome learning experience . I would highly recommend this workshop to any beginner !
      The 3-week course provided me with just enough information for me to be able to work and communicate better with the dev team at my job. SheCodes lessons were not intimidating and Matt does a great job walking through every step and explaining WHY you would do something that way.
    • SheCodes Basics
      - 4/17/2021
      Anonymous • QA Engineer • Graduate
      SheCodes Basics is a fantastic introductory class to HTML, CSS, and Javascript. I learned so much in just 3 weeks! Each lesson was easy to follow, understand, and just enough content to focus on at one time. I would highly recommend it to other people. Matt is a great instructor and easy to understand for a beginner coder like myself.
    • Easy to follow
      - 3/29/2021
      This course is very easy to follow. I love that there is a challenge right after you learn something new. It allows me to get as much practice as I need. I'm excited to continue with the course!
    • Anonymous • teacher • Student
      the free trial i am watching has no comment section or anything like that. idk why all the reviews are popular. the course is a bit expensive for me. i'm basically just watching a youtube video to learn tbh. i thought it was going to be like a zoom classroom thing.
      “I was really amazed by the content and structure of the course. Combining short, precise "theory" parts with exercises and the possibility to regularly review the content in terms of homework is really great. It perfectly fits with a busy work schedule and I am really keen on keeping learning. But to be honest the greatest benefit is the community: Matt and the whole team are really helpful and it is great to connect with the other students.”
    • Just do it :)
      - 1/15/2021
      I have done many courses on learning how to code. SheCodes is one of the best one I've come across: beautiful and very user friendly onboarding, clear and informative lessons (Mat is a great teacher!), and amazing support on Slack. I highly recommend it :)
      I found this workshop super enjoyable! I had zero coding experience before I signed up to SheCodes. The teaching material is organised in a really intuitive way which, in my opinion, allows users of all experience levels to engage successfully with the topic. It becomes apparent very quickly, once you begin the tutorials, that Matt is not only a very experienced coder, but a very competent teacher too. No regrets! This was a great investment in my personal development and I can't wait to begin the next workshop!
      I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop, truthfully, I am not a complete beginner to coding - so even for someone like me, I felt challenged and engaged the whole way through. Also, I must add how incredibly flexible this course is around a busy life! It was a great experience 🥰