shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (684) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

GitHub, Git, CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, CSS, React.js
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
    • Ana Cecília   User Photo
      Ana Cecília • Freelance English tutor • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes is the perfect place online to learn coding in a very practical and paced manner. I was able to learn coding from zero and managed to apply all the things I've learnt. Matt is an excellent teacher. I do recommend SheCodes!
    • Kimia Haghighi  User Photo
      Kimia Haghighi • Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
       I'm very happy to have registered for this course. One of the best parts of this course was that it divided the lessons into small parts, and doing each of those parts, made me feel very good and made it easier to understand. thank you for this opportunity*-*”
    • Kyoko  User Photo
      Kyoko • Verified via LinkedIn
       I am currently learning CS in Uni, but I feel like I am not learning enough and cannot apply it too. Glad I found SheCodes! I was sceptical at first but I am happy I made the right decision to join. I am looking forward to furthering my learning and hopefully could land me a job. 🤗
    • So Worth it!
      - 6/9/2021
      Aditi Dalal  User Photo
      Aditi Dalal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       Absolutely amazing - loved the practical exercises!
    • I learned so much!
      - 5/27/2021
      Katie Pask  User Photo
      Katie Pask • Teacher • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I absolutely whole heartedly recommend this course to women looking to get into coding. As a teacher myself I really appreciated Matt's teaching style. I learned so much and I'm looking forward to taking another class in the future!
    • She Codes Basic
      - 5/21/2021
      Vanessa Rios   User Photo
      Vanessa Rios • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I loved the course! I realized that I really enjoy to code and is a path that I will like to explore more 😍”
    • Veronika Nagy  User Photo
      Veronika Nagy • economist, account manager, business advisor • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Changing a career path and learning something brand new can be challenging. I was skeptical at first if coding was something for me and overwhelmed by the variety of schools and courses offering workshops to code. I found that ScheCodes has been a smart, available, and fun workshop offering skillful and on-demand knowledge. Matt is an amazing teacher, he explains very well and gives students the freedom to explore coding. The ScheCodes team is very helpful and the possibility to interact, ask questions and learn from each other is great and gives me the confidence to continue. I am looking forward to starting my next workshop with SheCodes!
    • Yushiko Cloe Salvador  User Photo
      Yushiko Cloe Salvador • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I never imagined myself coding as I used to be so uninterested about it until a close friend convinced me to try it and out of curiosity, I did. I am so glad that I chose SheCodes as my very fist coding workshop! This workshop was really beginner friendly and Matt is a really great instructor. Can't wait to learn more! Cheers 🥂”
    • Shecodes Basics
      - 4/30/2021
      Daniela Aleixo  User Photo
      Daniela Aleixo • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes lessons are super easy to follow and super well explained. The division of the lessons is super logical and the challenges available after each video helps to put in practice what was learned. The support available behind this workshop is flawless. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to code.
    • Recommended
      - 4/30/2021
      Gesa-Maria Gercke  User Photo
      Gesa-Maria Gercke • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This basic coding course is highly enjoyable and easy to follow. The video lectures provide a logical step by step guide to the topics and Matt's unique recordings provide a personal touch that is relatable and welcoming. Immediately being able to use your new knowledge and see the results feels very rewarding and satisfying, and encourages further research and learning.
    • Karen G.  User Photo
      Karen G. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I decided to try the 3 week program because I wanted to understand coding, sure, this is just a small sample of everything that coding entails, but it was an amazing course!! Explaining it like learning a language really helped me take away the fear and intimidation behind the word “code” and made it fun, challenging and exciting!! I’m not sure if I’ll take the next courses, but I’m extremely grateful to this program for allowing me to see that if I wanted, I can continue, and that I can code!!! How awesome and exciting is it to say that?! At almost 42, I can code 🥰. I’m proud to show my daughter that, no matter what age or stage of life you’re in, you can always transform, learn and grow. Thank you SheCodes, for showing us that we can all code!

• Karlla Hammerstad  User Photo
      Karlla Hammerstad • Developer Trainee • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am so glad I opted to follow this path. I've been wanting to try coding since 2012 but life got in the way and I ended up in a job I didn't love. So... I quitted, and decided it was about time to inspect the pages of my life and correct the damn code. Now I feel I am in the right direction and I am looking forward for more.