shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (940) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
  • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
    SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    3 monthly payments of $299
  • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    6 monthly payments of $249
    - 3/6/2022
    Michaela Matouskova  User Photo
    Michaela Matouskova • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enjoyed this workshop so much. Thanks to Matt and his enthusiasm throughout the whole course it felt like fun all the time and made me want to learn as much as I could. Thank you!
    - 3/4/2022
    Jinal   User Photo
    Jinal • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have been teaching myself to code for a while now, but I finally decided to join SheCodes after weeks of comparing many bootcamps and workshops.  I found SheCodes to be very user friendly and having great instructional methods by Matt-the founder and instructor.

Also, the Slack team is great in support and encouraging motivation building a community of female coders and software developers. Encouraging women to go into tech and breaking gender inequality is something I am highly passionate about, so the mission and goals of SheCodes was appealing to me.

I highly recommend SheCodes. My learning increased 10x thanks to the wonderful lessons and assignments. The projects were fun and engaging being apply to apply new knowledge and skills. I am so excited to continue onto SheCodes Plus React now. SheCodes is helping my passion and dreams come true, and I encourage anyone and everyone to check it out! I am so thankful to their wonderful team and friendly high-tech and creative learning environment.
    - 3/1/2022
    Farnaz Sz  User Photo
    Farnaz Sz • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     Before this, I tried to learn how to code and I wasn't successful. Fortunately, Once I saw the first lesson of this workshop I was impressed. Coding with SheCodes is one of my best experiences while I started coding.

• Ms.
    - 3/1/2022
    Elisabeth Wolfram  User Photo
    Elisabeth Wolfram • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    “I really enjoy coding and I would have never known how much, if SheCodes didn't provide the free coding class and different workshops for different needs! It's a friendly and welcoming environment without the harsh judgment of outside people and giving women a space to learn coding.”
  • Sylvia T  User Photo
    Sylvia T • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enjoyed participating in the SheCodes Basics workshop. Before signing up for the SheCodes Basics+Pro+React workshop package I looked around at a lot of different virtual learning options and was more drawn to the overall look and feel of SheCodes. I like that it seems approachable. That may feel small to someone more experienced, but for me it made all the difference. The lessons are broken down into easily digestible subsections, are very concise, and build upon the prior lesson so one gains a cumulative skillset without even acknowledging it. Additionally, Matt is easy to listen to and unintentionally funny. Having open access to the SheCodes slack channels is also an amazing learning tool. It's easy to get caught up and bogged down in the minutiae of whatever one may be building/debugging. Reading thru the slack and testing other people's code can help one to look at their own project differently with new eyes. I'm honestly really proud of what I made for this final project in the Basics workshop using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.
  • Brittany E.  User Photo
    Brittany E. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have always been interested in learning to code, however I never thought it was something I could do because I don't have a masters in computer science. Taking the SheCodes course has helped me learn and understand the basics of coding.

I was scrolling through Instagram one day, and came across SheCodes 1 hour intro to coding, as soon as I finished the free intro I signed up for the basics course just to see if I would like it. Half way through the basics course, I decided I wanted to learn more, so I signed up for the new pro course.

It's really nice having the SheCodes slack community to help when you get stuck, or frustrated. It also helped keep me motivated. I love that there are deadlines, and homework. The structure works for someone like me, it helped me stay focused and able to create a schedule that I looked forward to each day. if this was a "do at your own pace,"  it wouldn't work for me because. I could always find an excuse to do it later.
  • Review
    - 2/24/2022
    Ankita bharti  User Photo
    Ankita bharti • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    SheCodes is a great environment to learn how to code. It opens a whole new world of possibilities. I could not even imagine how much could be learned in such a short time and have much fun coding brings you.I learnt so much from this course and thoroughly enjoyed it! Easy weekly lessons, definitely doable while working full-time. Excited to keep my coding journey going! .Thank you Matt you are a great teacher!🤗🥰
  • Victoria Saunders  User Photo
    Victoria Saunders • Sales Coordinator • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    “Wow!!! I never even thought of coding until my Best friend (my Husband) encourage me to take a peek, and Peek is what I did!!. I'm not sure how far I will go with this new found joy, but I'm willing to keep going. I had so much FUN!!! Ladies you will not be disappointed with SheCodes, Trust the process that Matt and his staff have put in place for ALL of us beautiful Ladies.”
  • Celeste  User Photo
    Celeste • Content Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've just completed SheCodes Basics: Introduction to Coding over the course of 3 weeks while working full time. It was intense, but also a lot of fun and it was very rewarding to see my ideas come to life. I've just started the follow-up workshop and I am excited to learn more! ♥️
  • Heidi Mörsky  User Photo
    Heidi Mörsky • Student Verified via GitHub
    “ If you are student in the field and like to boost your studies , maybe have few projects done to showcase on the way and have certifications, use your money wisely and choose SheCodes basic, +, responsive, react .....  Lessons, extra materials and all content and resources are easy on hand and the platform is clearest I have ever seen. Instructor Matt clears everything the way its easy to continue with challenges. They review all your tasks and you will get your hands dirty eventually when things get harder. You´ll never feel left alone as there is global Slack community with instructors answering what ever you have in mind during your studies.  Extra bonuses for the cool radio station!”
  • Caitlin Sallaz  User Photo
    Caitlin Sallaz • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    SheCodes Basic was an overall great experience! I had no prior knowledge of coding whatsoever. However, Matt made it easy to understand and process what he was asking of you to do. Highly recommend this course to anyone that is interested in learning to code!
  • Playoust  User Photo
    Playoust • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I tried SheCodes Basics with no knowlegde about coding and it was a real discovery.
    As I am working full time it is not easy to find courses that match my schedule and Shecodes is perfect for that. You can learn at your own rythm, there is always someone to help you and the courses are easely understandable for newbies.
    I would really recommand it !