shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (316) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    • Flávia Santos  User Photo
      Flávia Santos • Project Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
       I was curious about coding for a while and decided to give it a try. Since I knew nothing about coding, it was a great learning experience to learn the basics. The course is very enjoyable, it's not really demanding (however you'll have to google some stuff but it's quite easy to do it). At the end you'll end up wanting to learn more Highly recommend for someone who is curious about coding and has no previous knowledge about it.
    • Catarina Vasconcelos  User Photo
      Catarina Vasconcelos • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Amazing experience! Really well structured workshop with an intuitive and challenging methodology that helps us to dive into code from the scratch to some really cool basic elements that make us want to learn more. Thank you SheCodes Team
    • Maria Figueiredo  User Photo
      Maria Figueiredo • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       I never thought that someday I'd be interested in Coding, but after the SheCodes Express class I got very excited to try it myself. All classes are very easy to understand and very well prepared, which never made me doubt it that I could do it!
      Totally recommend it to a friend, and hopefully I will change my working area to Coding!
    • Penny Beecroft  User Photo
      Penny Beecroft • Verified via LinkedIn
      I would highly recommend SheCodes to anyone! The workshop was a really good introduction to coding, and as a complete beginner, I found it fun and easy to follow. I had thought that anything tech-related was beyond me, but Matt and the team helped me to see that anything is possible. I'll be singing up for SheCodes Plus, for sure.

• Micah  User Photo
      Micah • Lab Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've tried to teach myself front-end development in the past, but it was so difficult for me to solidify what I learned. After taking the SheCodes Introduction course, I now have a very good basic understanding and knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. As a new mom, it's really difficult to find time for myself, so it was really great that I can watch the videos and complete the challenges and homework on my own time. I highly recommend SheCodes because the format is really intuitive and helpful. I'm super excited to continue coding and learn more!

I will be continuing on to the Plus React course where I will learn advanced tools, including the up and coming language React. :)
    • Sofia Guedes  User Photo
      Sofia Guedes • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes Workshop was an amazing experience! It's incredible what you can learn in just one weekend! The environment was super relaxed and the humorous teaching style of Matt made everything much easier to understand. I definitely recomend taking this course if you want to take a look inside the programming world :D
    • Alina Gonçalves  User Photo
      Alina Gonçalves • Verified via LinkedIn
       I´m glad that I decided to take this workshop! It´s very well structured. The classes are easy to follow (Matt is an awesome teacher!) and the challenges super fun to work on. Super excited to continue learning more after this. 😊 Highly recommend!
    • Teresa Faria  User Photo
      Teresa Faria • Frontend Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes provided a great, easy but comprehensive, introduction into web development and several different programming languages. The lessons were very well-planned, in a way that was inclusive to people from different backgrounds and with varying levels of expertise. It was interesting to hear a testimonial from a woman in the field and get personal insights from someone in web development.

Ever since participating, I've started working in IT as a Frontend Developer. SheCodes was crucial for getting the job and for my understanding of frontend. I'm very glad I took the course, it proved to be a wonderful (though inexpensive) investment on my education. I highly recommend SheCodes for women looking for an intro to coding!
    • Abbi  User Photo
      Abbi • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have always been curious about coding and even tried to teach myself a couple of times--but always gave up once I became stuck. I am so glad I found SheCodes, it has helped me feel less intimidated by the world of coding! I enjoyed the layout of the course the most; having the opportunity to go back to each lesson was great, and the challenges at the end of each lesson helped me improve on the areas I needed to work on. I recommend this to anyone who is interested in learning to code!
    • SheCodes Plus
      - 6/4/2020
      Carmen  User Photo
      Carmen • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      SheCodes Plus is a really exciting way to further your knowledge on front-end development, it has a well structured learning path, the instructor is a great teacher that motivates you to learn more and more, the lessons are well explained and the exercises are challenging but at the same time this makes completing this course a satisfactory experience. And, if you get stuck there is always support available. I definitely recommend taking this course!
    • Lyana  User Photo
      Lyana • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course has made learning how to code so fun and exciting. I've always been hesitant on taking coding bootcamps due to lack of time but I absolutely love how this is structured to be for people who are in school or in the workforce full time. Matt explains things in a clear and concise way and the real time assistance via Slack gives me reassurance for whenever I run into issues. I'm looking forward on upgrading to the next workshop!
    • Vanessa Carvalho   User Photo
      Vanessa Carvalho • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      This workshop was absolutely awsome! I had so much fun doing it!🤩 For someone who knew 0 about coding, after 3 weeks of learning, I created my very first landing page! I feel so proud of myself! 😁 The workshop is structured in such a way that you keep motivated until the very end. Slack (chat tool) is a great way to help us not feel "lost" during the workshop and share our doubts and get help whenever needed! I absolutely recommend this workshop to anyone who is curious about coding! Thanks for the fantastic experience and support, Matt and SheCodes team! 😀👍🏻