shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (532) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, GitHub
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, GitHub
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
    • Natalia  User Photo
      Natalia • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have truly enjoyed the SheCodes community, workshop, and assignments. Each week I've been gaining more and more confidence. Being able to see the results of my work was inspiring and motivating to learn more and explore the world of coding. When I started working in the IT industry, I didn't feel like I belonged there. After the SheCodes workshop, I want to continue developing my skills and explore new avenues of my career. Big thank you to Matt, the team, and all wonderful women supporting me along the way!”
    • Natalia Garcia Corral Lobo  User Photo
      Natalia Garcia Corral Lobo • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I loved the course! I want to take another! I was very impressed with this course because I don't like to take courses on the internet, and I saw the ad, it caught my attention and I signed up, but I didn't know what to expect. I started the three week course, and I was always very attentive with the videos and exercises and Matt explains them very well step by step so you don't get lost and he can take the course with ease. The platform that handles "slack" helped me a lot when I didn't understand something, I put it there and they solved it for me. The course is highly recommended.”
    • Rachel  User Photo
      Rachel • Customer Success Manager • Verified via LinkedIn
      Loev the self-paced style with deadlines. Clear structure of the lessons. Love the Slack community and help you can get. Highly recommend to try something new or start a career change.
    • Laura Clark  User Photo
      Laura Clark • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am absolutely blown away! I honestly wasn't expecting an online workshop to be such a good learning experience. Matt is an incredible instructor and he made the lessons really fun. Every concept is broken down into bite sized portions, and while his lessons are clear, he also doesn't spoon feed you. You get to learn through hands on practice and trial and error, which really helped me understand the "why" behind the concepts. This course was challenging while still being totally doable. I was able to ask a ton of questions and get quick and helpful answers from both the other students and some awesome professional coders. Overall it's a 10/10! Thank you, SheCodes Team! 🥳
    • Elizabeth Williams  User Photo
      Elizabeth Williams • Principal Account Director • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is a fun and detailed course for beginners. However I needed more than 5 hours a week to commit to doing this, it was definitely worth it. Supported by a great SheCodes community on Slack. Thanks for helping me get accredited!
    • SheCodes Rules
      - 2/4/2021
      Becca Murdoch  User Photo
      Becca Murdoch • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Super fun, well explained, and a great intro to coding! I can't wait to take the next step and learn even more with Matt. I must also give a shout out to the other members of SheCodes who were endlessly helpful in the slack channel! I have now started the SheCodes Plus course and it is equally awesome!
    • FANTASTIC!
      - 2/3/2021
      Alida van der Walt  User Photo
      Alida van der Walt • Musician, coder-to-be • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      From 0 to hero in just 3 weeks! What a great introductory course, I can't wait to keep building on the solid coding foundation that this course has laid down for me. SheCodes Plus and SheCodes React, here I come ⭐
    • Cassandra Imperatore-Dangler  User Photo
      Cassandra Imperatore-Dangler • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I never could have imagined that I would have learned how to start coding in such a fast and intuitive fashion. I'm thrilled with my personal development over this course and I'm looking forward to continuing my coding journey in the Plus workshop!
    • Christin Lawrence  User Photo
      Christin Lawrence • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I previously worked as a Digital Advertising Specialist for a media company in Washington DC. This is where I was first introduced to the coding world. I have advanced experience in HTML & CSS but, I knew I had only dipped my toes in the water. This was the moment I knew I wanted to pursue a career in programming (web developer/web design/frontend developer). I can say that the SheCodes Beginner Workshop taught me a lot. I now have a solid understanding of HTML, CSS & JavaScript. I’m excited to further my knowledge by taking the SheCodes Plus & React courses. I highly recommend these courses to anyone who would like to explore coding. You, truly, don't need any experience! You only need a little bit of dedication & hard work 😊
    • she codes workshop
      - 1/29/2021
      Katerina Nemcova  User Photo
      Katerina Nemcova • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I attended the 3 week workshop and learned basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. This course is great for beginners with no former knowledge of coding. Course is presented well by quite short video lessons, and I really appreciated that almost after every lesson there was a challenge to be completed to test if I understood everything before moving on.

Another strong feature of this course is access to Slack, where you can communicate with teachers and fellow students, so whenever you get stuck, there is support available. Also seeing all the other students working hard and putting effort into their projects motivated me to do my best in the course.

I will be joining more advanced workshop at she codes because I was very happy with it and would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Happy coding!
    • Natalie Hood  User Photo
      Natalie Hood • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I never thought I would ever take a coding course, but I am extremely glad that I did, especially one from SheCodes. At first, I was a bit overwhelmed by the idea of learning how to code. However, Matt Delac’s unique way of teaching this male-dominated field took that feeling away immediately. His course is well-organised and the topics are explained thoroughly. I was able to absorb the basics of coding (HTML/CSS and JavaScript) in such a short period of time, and the workshop also paved a new path for me. I cannot wait to upskill myself with his more advanced classes!
    • Natalia  User Photo
      Natalia • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is a super engaging and interactive course, every lesson was so clear and easy to follow. I have learnt a lot already and now with the "Don't stop me now, 'cause I'm having a good time" lyrics in my head I am going to purchase the next level! Thank you Matt and the team