shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Average Rating4.97
1136 Reviews
4 Courses

SheCodes offers online hands-on coding workshops for women. Students can choose from various workshops, including Basics, a 3-week workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript introducing students to front-end development. SheCodes offers Plus, an 8-week workshop that teaches everything in Basics along with Bootstrap, Git, GitHub, hosting, APIs, and more. SheCodes Pro is a 24-week workshop where students will learn everything in Basics and Plus, along with Responsiv...

1,136 SheCodes Reviews

• Joana
    Graduate
    Jun 12, 2019

The best introduction to coding!

SheCodes is the perfect introduction workshop to coding that one could experience! I say this as someone who was afraid (but always curious) about coding, since the world always made it seem like such a complex and difficult thing to learn. Well, after SheCodes and have met Matt and everyone else, I can confidently say that that is not true. The workshop was intense and challeging, but also very simple and direct. It's ...

• Sofia Gonçalves

Shecodes Workshop 19 Braga

With a fast but finely worked pace, in a weekend you know at least how it works HTML, CSS, and JS. Matt is a great teacher, that with humour, organized content and a lot of know-how, can make you understan a little bit of this world that is coding.

The purpose of these workshop is for you, as a woman, gain love for the coding area. And I believe, that in the end of this workshop you will want to scratch more the surface of this new world.

• Sara Duarte
    Customer Service Representative • Student

Great weekend

I attended this course to help me understand JavaScript, I was having a tough time on my own. I'm very happy to say that it was totally worth it!

Very intense, very complete and also very fun!

• Carmo Andrade
    Graphic Designer • Graduate • Lisbon
    Jun 12, 2019

Two days and I'm already a professional developer

Two days at the SheCodes workshop and I'm already a professional developer, or at least it made me feel like one!
    Most people get scared to even think about learning code: I was one of them until I met Matt in an SC "teaser workshop" at the place I work and my fear turned into excitement. Starting off with the insight Matt gave us about women's role throughout history and how can we be more relevant in the current tech revolution. It made me feel like I could play a part in its develo...

Jan 09, 2023

SheCodes basics

“The class was challenging and fun. What I loved about this course, was how clearly Matt explained all of the different elements in a way that was easy to follow. It was a great course and I am excited to complete other SheCodes courses. Thank you all.”
    Jan 08, 2023

Great!

I debated a few different coding courses when I decided I wanted to learn to code. I'm so thankful I chose SheCodes. I have been loving the basics course and am excited to do the next course!
    Jan 04, 2023

Coding Fun!

This course has truly been an immersive experience! The sessions have been very interactive and engaging with tasks to consolidate learning. Meanwhile the SheCodes team have been swift in reviewing completed tasks and providing much support.

Dec 15, 2022

SheCodes Basic

This is a great program! Matt is extremely knowledgeable, and he does a great job of breaking everything down for you in the easiest way possible. Nice community and support system too!
    Nov 10, 2022

javascript with shecodes

SheCodes is helping me learn fron-end programming step by step with no pressure. It is fun and the team is ready to answer your questions whenever you have any. If you want to learn html, css and javaScript, I think this is a good way in.
    Student • SheCodes Pro • Online
    Nov 07, 2022

Convenient, Well made and Exciting!

I took computer science classes in undergrad and fell in love with coding. As I went on to pursue a career in business, I had less exposure to coding and I really missed it. I even considered going back to school for it but I didn't want to give up my life and savings to accomplish that goal.. until I found this. The module is well thought out and well explained. It's easy to follow along and set your own pace to match your lifestyle. I remember reading the testimonials myself thinki...
    Nov 07, 2022

SheCodes Basics is AMAZING

I have always been intimidated by all the different coding languages and formats, despite my interest in coding. SheCodes has been an excellent resource for a beginner like me. The videos are easy to follow and short, which means it is not tedious at all! This workshop has been an interesting experience and I am amazed at how much I can do after only the basics workshop.
    Oct 27, 2022

The Best!

SheCodes Basics provides excellent foundational programming skills. The program is structured well and easy to follow. The challenges and projects helped me check on my understanding. I am also grateful for the supportive community. I had a great learning experience and excited to continue on the next workshop.

SheCodes Alumni Outcomes

Recent SheCodes News

Liz Eggleston
Published February 19, 2022
Women have historically been left out of tech careers and education – only 21% of undergraduate computer science degrees were awarded to women in 2019. But bootcamps are different – women make up 36% of coding bootcamp alumni, and while the industry hasn't quite achieved gender parity, the percentage of women improves year over year (41% in 2020!) and continues to outpace the percentage of wo...