shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (940) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
  • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
    SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    3 monthly payments of $299
  • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    6 monthly payments of $249
  • Kira  User Photo
    Kira • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    A very pleasantly structured course with clear progression and implementation of various concepts. Didn't overcomplicate things and really fun. Furthermore, having access to a responsive and friendly team to help with any of your questions was great! 10/10 recommend :)
  • Ishbel  User Photo
    Ishbel • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The basics course has been so wonderful. I am filled with excitement to continue on to the next course! Matt's delivery was fantastic, I feel so confident and ready to start the next steps of this journey... Bring on SheCodes Plus!
  • Sierra  User Photo
    Sierra • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This course has been SOOO much fun!! For the first time I am being challenged, I think I have found what I want to do when I grew up!! I can't wait to continue to learn and gain more skills! This class has given a confidence boost in the technology department!! Thank you SheCodes!

• Highly recommended
    - 3/31/2022
    Ana  User Photo
    Ana • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's a good way to learn the foundations of coding. I especially liked that we were challenged to think outside of the box and seek help either from the Slack community or google solutions on reliable websites. Matt gave clear instructions/demonstrations which were easy to digest.
    - 3/31/2022
    Giulia Moukouyou   User Photo
    Giulia Moukouyou • Online Tutor of Humanities • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I loved learning how to code in HTML, Java and CSS through this workshop: it helped me a lot, because I couldn't make it alone.

I recommend this course, with the advice to study and practice, with a lot of good effort: it will be a wonderful learning-trip with Matt as your teacher: I adore his method!

Also, I have to thank (and to personally recommend) the SheCodes Team, that supported me and reviewed all my homeworks!
    - 3/29/2022
    Nicole S  User Photo
    Nicole S • Science Teacher • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was an excellent course. Streamlined and easy to understand. Even for students like myself that are unfamiliar with any code to begin with. I learned a lot!”
  • Jessica  User Photo
    Jessica • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Matt has taught me coding in a way that I feel everyone can easily learn. I am so excited to pursue a career in computer science and feel very grateful to have come across SheCodes to allow me to do so. Thank you! 😇
  • Maria Andersen  User Photo
    Maria Andersen • Project Coordinator • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I completed SheCodes Basic last week, and I've just started the next course SheCodes Plus. Four weeks ago I had never coded in my life, and I was convinced it was something that required a high level of math to be able to figure out, so I never imagined that after just 3 weeks of SheCodes basic I could build basic projects and write basic HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

The instruction is great. Matt makes it very understandable and fun, and uses good examples to get his point across. Each lesson has an accompanying challenge that let's you test out what you just learned, which works really well. The rest of the SheCodes team are also really helpful, always willing to give advice and instructions on Slack.

I would definitely recommend this workshop to anyone who would like to learn to code!
  • Basics
    - 3/21/2022
    Catarina Gomes  User Photo
    Catarina Gomes • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Amazing workshop for a beginner, very interactive and fun!
  • Fatima  User Photo
    Fatima • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    SheCodes is a unique, well-curated coding workshop/boot camp that teaches coding skills to busy women by offering hands-on, self-paced coding workshops online. And I’m so glad I stumbled upon their ad and researched what they offer sooner than later. I didn’t hesitate to sign up right away and decided to take on SheCodes Plus React because of the great discounted rate at the time. So far, it’s been a tremendous eye-opening learning experience! I was never interested in coding and was scared I would never understand it, but SheCodes Basics (Introduction to Coding) changed my mind, and now I'm hooked.

The workshops are carefully structured, and the videos aren’t too long or overwhelming, which is a plus for total beginners. Also, the lesson challenges are fun and excellent hands-on experience to practice and test your code skills as you learn. The slack community is essential as it keeps you up to date with everyone and everything from new students, graduates, code errors/solutions, live tech support and most importantly, connect you with women coders worldwide. The workshop projects and certificates are rewarding and will help you build your developer portfolio to showcase to potential employers. My advice for future students - is don't let the challenges overcome you because what’s life without challenges - or feel defeated if your code is imperfect as there is no one-size-fits-all in the world of code. And did I mention, I love the SheCodes Radio curated good energy tracks to keep you motivated with good energy and on track, 24/7! Check it out, and thank me later. https://www.shecodes.io/radio

I highly recommend SheCodes if you are interested in changing career paths, expanding your skillset, or simply challenging yourself and want to learn product development, product design, and product management from an excellent coding instructor Matt Delac -  founder and instructor. Matt, thank you and your team for helping women from all walks of life advance steadily in the technology industry.

Super excited to become SheCodes Front-End Development, React Development and Resposive Web Development Certificated next 🤩.
  • Stacey  User Photo
    Stacey • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     Great intro. It was easy to understand, but still full of challenges. The course is designed well and easy to choose which pace you would like to learn. I started while also doing my full time job. Looking forward to the next workshop!
  • SheCodes Basic
    - 3/15/2022
    Michelle Wegler  User Photo
    Michelle Wegler • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The workshop has an appealing structure. I work full time and thanks to the flexible schedule, I managed to meet the deadline. It was fun and challenging to work on the Final Project and now I look forward to the next workshops: SheCodes Plus and SheCodes React!