shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon, Online

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (251) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    • Lyana  User Photo
      Lyana • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course has made learning how to code so fun and exciting. I've always been hesitant on taking coding bootcamps due to lack of time but I absolutely love how this is structured to be for people who are in school or in the workforce full time. Matt explains things in a clear and concise way and the real time assistance via Slack gives me reassurance for whenever I run into issues. I'm looking forward on upgrading to the next workshop!
    • Vanessa Carvalho   User Photo
      Vanessa Carvalho • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      This workshop was absolutely awsome! I had so much fun doing it!🤩 For someone who knew 0 about coding, after 3 weeks of learning, I created my very first landing page! I feel so proud of myself! 😁 The workshop is structured in such a way that you keep motivated until the very end. Slack (chat tool) is a great way to help us not feel "lost" during the workshop and share our doubts and get help whenever needed! I absolutely recommend this workshop to anyone who is curious about coding! Thanks for the fantastic experience and support, Matt and SheCodes team! 😀👍🏻
    • Rute Afonso  User Photo
      Rute Afonso • Freelance EN>PT Translator • Verified via LinkedIn
      “Brilliant! I had been toying with the idea of studying code for a while but I was reluctant as I had no previous experience whatsoever with coding and I had no idea if it would be something I could actually do, or enjoy. I watched the SheCodes Express and decided that I would give it a go. It turns out I enjoyed this 3 weeks more than I was expecting as the videos are easy to follow, Matt gives you great advice and if we get stuck, we can always count on the team to help us out on Slack. It was challenging at times, but also very rewarding when you get to see the result of something you have built. Thank you all at SheCodes!

• Vanessa Bernardes  User Photo
      Vanessa Bernardes • Digital Product Manager • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      Uau! This workshop was such an adventure!

I loved every part of it... There is something really unique and special about coding and seeing one's ideias become reality with a "simple" line of code.

I know what you are thinking... "SIMPLE?? Hummm Hummm...Have you forgotten about "addEventListener" or "function whatIsWrongWithMyCode"???"

No I haven´t! And yes, I will have to admit that it was not that simple all the times...
      Therefore I shall rephrase it to "challenging yet adventurous!"

There is something really unique and special about coding and seeing one's ideias become reality with a "challenging yet adventurous" line of code (Indeed, much more accurate!)

But in the end, I really enjoyed this workshop and I can´t wait to learn more about coding.

I highly reccomend it!! :)

Thank you SheCodes for this opportunity.
    • Federica B.  User Photo
      Federica B. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes Plus React is well structured and easy to follow. You build up knowledge step by step. Everything is online and you can follow at your own speed. But there is always help when you need. Happy to be part of this fantastic community. Thank you team! Absolutely recommend it.
    • Workshop
      - 5/15/2020
      Beth  User Photo
      Beth • Chief Operating Officer • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have learned so many actual skills and techniques with SheCodes! This course gives me the confidence to pursue something I have wanted to learn for a long time but I thought would take me a long time to actually make something with. I am excited to keep increasing my knowledge and start my new career path. Thanks SheCodes!
    • Emilia Tatu  User Photo
      Emilia Tatu • Project Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “It has been some weeks since I am learning how to code and could say that that SheCodes was one of the most engaging experiences and by far one of the best investments to make, while developing coding skills. Matt's and the teams instructions are concise and to the point mixing a fair amount of technical info and supporting students to successfully finish the assignments Thank you so much, am happy to continue this exciting journey and learn more
    • Nídia Gouveia  User Photo
      Nídia Gouveia • Sales Manager • Verified via LinkedIn
      As an absolute beginner to coding, I was a bit nervous about starting this course. The videos by teacher Matt are laid down in a carefully thought out step-by-step logic, followed by published resources and individual challenges that help you organize and cement the new knowledge. Once you get started your confidence starts to build up as you see what you are learning transferred into reality, its really gratifying.
      Also, a really quality support team available to the students works as an awesome safety blanket. Loved it, recommend it 100%.
    • Madeleine B  User Photo
      Madeleine B • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “A superbly constructed online course, the lessons are fast, not boring and easy to understand. And having the interactive help of the community and the team at all times is valuable.”
    • Alessandra Almeida Silva  User Photo
      Alessandra Almeida Silva • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Greetings! My name is Alessandra and I am a brazilian translator who is very involved with languages. This time, I decided to learn a different type of language and I am simply thankful for the existence of SheCodes coding workshops and for the amazing quality of material and support. In only 3 weeks I could learn and create things I never thought I would. It is a very rewarding experience both personal and professional. I am glad I have acquired new useful skills and that now I have the chance to keep on learning and improving myself professionally. So, I would like to thank Matt Delac and everyone involved, instructors and colleagues.
    • Evgenya D  User Photo
      Evgenya D • Digital designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “This course was very enjoyable for me, especially explanatory videos along with submission assignments, which made us implement what was taught. ”
    • Anne Pressman  User Photo
      Anne Pressman • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The introductory 3-week course was exactly what I needed to immerse myself in world that I wasn't completely sure I was ready for. The lessons are truly perfect for a beginner (like myself) and I feel completely energized and empowered to continue my education. I can't recommend this course enough!!!