shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (684) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

GitHub, Git, CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, CSS, React.js
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
    • Robyn Daulby  User Photo
      Robyn Daulby • QA Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes has been an absolute lifeline for learning code. I've tried several ways to learn and SheCodes has been the only way i've ever understood what im doing.
      If you're like me I can't learn from lessons that are just 'copy and paste what I've done'. They offer no additional explanation as to why it's working and I'm no better off. SheCodes explains how things work and then allow you to use them in actual projects. And if you do get stuck there's so much support available! I've signed up for all the additional workshops straight away!

Cant wait to use what i've learnt these past few weeks in my job and continue to learn!

• Charlotte Hall  User Photo
      Charlotte Hall • Apprentice coordinator for trainings • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This learning experience helped me a lot in my work. I know now how to create an interactive page. Thank you a lot for this!
    • SheCodes Basics
      - 7/14/2021
      Leah Njoki Wamweru  User Photo
      Leah Njoki Wamweru • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
       SheCodes is doing such a good job when it comes to the coding workshops. They make coding seem easy and enjoyable. When I was starting the classes, I was a bit scared but after a while, I was able to relax because instructor Matt explains the concepts so well. I would gladly recommend SheCodes to any woman who wishes to grow her skills in coding. Thank you SheCodes!
    • Chloe Dentrinos   User Photo
      Chloe Dentrinos • Student Verified via GitHub
      The way that the course is set out makes it really easy to follow. Every step is covered and built on upon piece by piece, with the freedom to go back to any previous step to jog your memory. It's amazing how achievable it is to code something just by knowing the basics!
    • Monserrat Molina  User Photo
      Monserrat Molina • Visual Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've always felt the need to learn how to code and being a graphic designer people ask for that skill, but it seems too complicated. This course has helped me go step by step and I'm having a lot of fun. It makes me want to learn more and use it for work :).
    • SheCodes
      - 7/10/2021
      Sonam Choden  User Photo
      Sonam Choden • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Working with software engineers, I always wanted to pick up Coding but coming from a humanities background, I was always a bit intimidated to start learning. Now thanks to SheCodes, I am finally fulfilling that goal. I have learnt a lot just from the Basics Workshop and as it was really useful and practical, I am planning on continuing my journey in coding with SheCodes! I would recommend this class to anyone who is motivated in learning despite having zero knowledge about coding!
    • Jaclyn   User Photo
      Jaclyn • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      “SheCodes Basic is an amazing course! I learned so much in 3 weeks, and I can't wait to take SheCodes Pro and level up my coding skills even more! The lessons were easy to follow, however, it was good to know there were more experienced coders available to assist on Slack, if needed. I highly recommend this program to any woman looking to learn coding or increase their coding skills! Thank you, SheCodes!”
    • Sara Galaxe de Souza Peixoto Neves  User Photo
      Sara Galaxe de Souza Peixoto Neves • Student Verified via GitHub
       I enjoy learning the first steps to codding! Matt's didactic is super easy to understand. Every time an error occurred I just wanted to continue digging to find where I did wrong because I was having fun codding. I highly recommend this codding workshop!!
    • Natasha Gonzalez  User Photo
      Natasha Gonzalez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       This course has been a great way to try out programming and learn just enough of the basics to be able to understand how well you will enjoy it and whether to pursue the topic further.  You don't necessarily need to be attempting to become a front-end developer to use this information.  This is definitely a course that can span various fields!
    • Amazing!
      - 7/6/2021
      Cassandra Krishnan  User Photo
      Cassandra Krishnan • English Tutor/Freelancer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have never thought of learning to code before but I am so glad I joined SheCodes Basic, and I've enjoyed every single moment of it. The best feeling was when I could see the page I built, up and running with valid codes. Pure satisfaction! Thanks to Matt and his team for the guidance throughout the course. Highly recommended to all the women out there.
    • Lada Podkolzina  User Photo
      Lada Podkolzina • Videographer & Video Editor | Future programmer. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Это лучший курс, который я видел в Интернете. С 2020 года я видел рекламу SheCodes в социальных сетях, в то время и в тот период я ​​думал добавить еще одну область профессии.
      Я рискнул купить курс, так как понятия не имел, что он будет, смогу ли я делать домашнее задание, и у меня были и другие сомнения. В конце концов, это было не так уж и плохо, наоборот, мне это очень понравилось, и они меня сильно удивили, а SheCodes, команда и Мэтт дали мне возможность открыть новые двери будущего, будущего технологий. .
      Большое спасибо всей команде SheCodes и Мэтту. Невозможно описать свои эмоции. Обригада, обригада, обригада !!!
      Это просто Вау !!!

Однажды я вернусь к SheCodes и, конечно же, к новому уровню.

До скорой встречи, SheCodes !!!
    • Shecodes basics
      - 7/4/2021
      Jambay  User Photo
      Jambay • Verified via LinkedIn
      With Shecodes basics training, i am quite confident venturing into software engineering. I have my basics, now i need to build it step by step. Matt, our tutor was fantastic, clear concepts and classes were understandable. Thank you Shecodes and definitely five stars from me 👍