SheCodes is open to beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. Women interested in joining SheCodes+ (advanced course) must first complete a short online application meant to assess their motivations. After being approved, applicants will begin the program.
Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.91
Recent SheCodes News
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
67 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- A start of something new!- 6/23/2019Sara Mota • Student
Last December I took the SheCodes workshop just for fun, to learn something new. Now, I'm starting my new career in programming!
The worshop was a very enriching experience and a lot of fun. Matt can make it seem like coding is easy :)
I fell in love with programming, right away. I recommend to any woman who wants to learn to code, even if it is to renew concepts. For me it was the beginning of a new adventure!
- Uncomplicating code and fascinating you!- 6/17/2019Tatiana Salvador • Campus: Lisbon
- SheCodesPlus- 6/17/2019Francesca Gambini • Project Manager • Student • Campus: LisbonSheCodesPlus has been amazing. In such a short period of time I had the chance to adquire technical knowledge and valuable coding skills.It has been challenging, but with a high satisfaction return when putting together all I learnt and making my first web app working!Lessons were always stimulating and, together with the enthusiasm shared by the other girls, always fun!
- Excellent place to learn- 6/16/2019Vera Silva • Student • Campus: Lisbon
- She Codes- 6/15/2019Vera Lúcia Ribeiro • Student • Campus: Lisbon
“She codes is great if you wanna start coding and learn the basics. The weekend was a bit intensive, but very satisfying and worth it, and even though you'll be in a room for many hours the time just flies by without you noticing. I learned a lot in such a short time and I highly recommend this course to all first time coders.”
- Amazing She Codes Workshop!- 6/14/2019Inês Santos • MSc in Management student • Graduate
- She Codes Porto- 6/13/2019Ana Duarte
- SheCodes, great weekend :)- 6/13/2019Tânia Gonçalves • Business Analyst • Student
- The best introduction to coding!- 6/12/2019Joana • Graduate
SheCodes is the perfect introduction workshop to coding that one could experience! I say this as someone who was afraid (but always curious) about coding, since the world always made it seem like such a complex and difficult thing to learn. Well, after SheCodes and have met Matt and everyone else, I can confidently say that that is not true. The workshop was intense and challeging, but also very simple and direct. It's the perfect introduction and the push that some might need to enter the world of programming. So wether you already like coding or want to discover where you stand towards it, this is a workshop I greatly recommend. It was worth every moment!
- Shecodes Workshop 19 Braga- 6/12/2019Sofia Gonçalves
With a fast but finely worked pace, in a weekend you know at least how it works HTML, CSS, and JS. Matt is a great teacher, that with humour, organized content and a lot of know-how, can make you understan a little bit of this world that is coding.
The purpose of these workshop is for you, as a woman, gain love for the coding area. And I believe, that in the end of this workshop you will want to scratch more the surface of this new world.
- Great weekend- 6/12/2019Sara Duarte • Customer Service Representative • Student
- Carmo Andrade • Graphic Designer • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon
Two days at the SheCodes workshop and I'm already a professional developer, or at least it made me feel like one!
Most people get scared to even think about learning code: I was one of them until I met Matt in an SC "teaser workshop" at the place I work and my fear turned into excitement. Starting off with the insight Matt gave us about women's role throughout history and how can we be more relevant in the current tech revolution. It made me feel like I could play a part in its development hence I enrolled in the workshop.
Logistics wise, everything was so well organized, all the volunteers were very helpful and they made a great job creating a nice, welcoming environment for coders to share ideas, chill out during breaks and even having a drink after a long day of coding.
The learning experience was off the chart, in so little time I got to learn a lot and have close contact with a variety of subjects that helped me prepare for a more intensive study in the future. The final project submission was both very challenging but rewarding due to all the support from classmates at Slack.
Overall, the one thing I would change is the number of days, because I surely didn't want to leave!
- Coding Workshop for Women- 12/11/2019Anonymous • Architect • Graduate
I have always been interested in coding and this workshop was essential to understand more about what coding really is. Also, SheCodes is very-well organized and structured and Matt was a very helpful instructor. Not only did I have a really good time, but also, I was able to improve my skills!
- SceCodes Course- 10/23/2019Anonymous
- Coding express- 7/29/2019Anonymous • It consultant • Graduate • Campus: Lisbon
- The best coding bootcamp- 6/6/2019Anonymous • Graduate • Course: SheCodes Plus • Campus: Lisbon
Honestly, SheCodes Plus is amazing! It helps women to see new opportunities in their career, give practical knowledge. I’ve never seen so many happy and motivated students, every part of the workshop was fun and interesting. For almost 10 years I worked as a Public Relation manager and I didn’t have any experience in coding. I’ve visited a lot of courses and classes, but this one changed my professional life completely. I opened a new "Coding World" for myself. I highly recommend SheCodes Plus!
- My Wonderful Coding Experience with She Codes- 3/22/2019Anonymous • Student • Course: SheCodes Plus • Campus: Lisbon