shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (684) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

GitHub, Git, CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, CSS, React.js
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
    • Tatum C  User Photo
      Tatum C • Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      The content is easy to understand and ingrained with practical challenges to make the knowledge stick. The training videos are short, engaging and digestible so you don't feel like time is wasted. Further support is provided on Slack so you know you can refer to the instructors for help or check if someone else has asked your question. I can't believe how quickly I've picked up coding in such a short space of time! I've applied to the advanced courses too. Highly recommend!
    • Michaela Scalisi  User Photo
      Michaela Scalisi • Mechanical engineer • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      Great course! Everything is explained in a very simple way. At the end of each lesson, the feeling is amazing thanks to Matt and the way he explains things. The structure of the course is really well done, with some practical exercises at the end of each lesson. That engraves the concept in your brain forever. A plus...it is definitely the support and the community in Slack!
      Basically, from 0 to 100% and more...after doing the Basics course, you want to jump into the next one and continue having fun while learning! I have already enrolled for the Pro program!!!
    • Irene Donatoni  User Photo
      Irene Donatoni • HR Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
      “Years ago I tried to learn CSS and HTML by myself. Well, after a lot of sweat I did it. But when I approached Javascript I felt overwhelmed and without support. Some weeks ago my boss asked me to work on our company's website and I was like: "Oh, well..." And I bumped into SheCodes. I thought: "It's now or never." And I bought the whole package, thanks to my discount as university student (I am doing a second BA). The biggest part of this course is the community. I love to ask, to receive answers after some minutes and to be able to help others. Through this course I was able to develop also my company's website. And this is JUST the beginning :)”
    • Amazing!
      - 8/19/2021
      Natália Portela  User Photo
      Natália Portela • Founder of Praxi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      really loved everything about it! It's so good to finally understand coding! The classes are very easy to understand, and the best part is that we have an exercise each class, which provides us more practice and experience. You can get an extension for those who are worried about time, so the course doesn't become a burden on your schedule. Can't wait to start Plus! 😊
      - 8/13/2021
      Ieva  User Photo
      Ieva Verified via GitHub
       I truly enjoyed the SheCodes Basics course. It is packed with a lot of information that's nicely separated into several lessons per week. This is making it easy to combine it with work. Big Thumbs up to the SheCodes team! I feel I've learned a lot and am equipped to move forward with SheCodes Plus.
    • Good Refresher!
      - 8/12/2021
      Rachael Ramirez  User Photo
      Rachael Ramirez • Robotic Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am trying to get into my dream job with Robotics, unfortunately everyone is looking for coding these days. I have not coded since college! To have my credentials updated and within a short amount of time is perfect to get my life started correctly.
      - 8/8/2021
      Lin Qiu Yi Wan  User Photo
      Lin Qiu Yi Wan • Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I enjoyed working on SheCodes projects and was also pleased with my accomplishment. I have learned a lot during the workshops. Matt is a helpful mentor with his teaching approach. I learned a lot of new things that are valuable to know. You won't regret choosing SheCodes.
    • Flor Hoyos  User Photo
      Flor Hoyos • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I am a Computer Science student, recently became a Junior at DePaul University. My goal is to become a Software Engineer. I took this SheCodes course because I wanted to learn more about CSS, Html, and JS. The course went by pretty quickly but it was really easy to follow. Thank you to the teachers and peers!”
    • Madeleine  User Photo
      Madeleine • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes has been a fantastic experience! Matt's training is logical, interactive and challenging (in a good way!). The programme is well paced and easy to follow and the team on hand when you get stuck to offer fast and friendly help
    • Mor  User Photo
      Mor • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      With its hands-on, friendly, and supportive approach SheCodes changed completely my perception of coding from a scary and unapproachable discipline to a fun and creative one! I have completed the first workshop and I was overexcited to move onto the next one! 💪 Special thanks to the SheCodes community (makers and students)! 💕
    • Great course
      - 7/21/2021
      Lili Guerrero  User Photo
      Lili Guerrero • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have absolutely loved and enjoy this course. It has been a great introduction into coding. I'm certainly interested in learning more!