shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women in Lisbon, Portugal and online. SheCodes+ is a 10-week, part-time, full stack web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), React, Git, and GitHub, taught in-person and online. SheCodes also offers short 4-week and weekend beginner courses online and in Lisbon. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming. The women-only course is donation based and only asks that students donate enough to cover logistics costs.

SheCodes is open to beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. Women interested in joining SheCodes+ (advanced course) must first complete a short online application meant to assess their motivations. After being approved, applicants will begin the program.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb. Every student will have a 45-minute mentorship session with Matt to help guide their learning and long-term career.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (67) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Plus

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, React.js
      Cost990
      LocationLisbon
      Students will learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (ES6). Students will work with Git and GitHub to learn how to manage their code. They’ll also be taught, React, one of the industry’s most used frameworks.

• Sara Mota • Student

Last December I took the SheCodes workshop just for fun, to learn something new. Now, I'm starting my new career in programming!

The worshop was a very enriching experience and a lot of fun. Matt can make it seem like coding is easy :)

I fell in love with programming, right away. I recommend to any woman who wants to learn to code, even if it is to renew concepts. For me it was the beginning of a new adventure!

• Tatiana Salvador

It will give you all the basis of HTML, CSS and JavaScript and what you need to make a conscious decision, if you want coding to be part of your life. If you are afraid to be bored, don’t!  The speaker will lead you to a fun learning experience! You will be dazzled by what you learnt and the results of what you can do afterall!

• SheCodesPlus
      - 6/17/2019
      Francesca Gambini • Project Manager • Student
      SheCodesPlus has been amazing. In such a short period of time I had the chance to adquire technical knowledge and valuable coding skills.
      It has been challenging, but with a high satisfaction return when putting together all I learnt and making my first web app working!
      Lessons were always stimulating and, together with the enthusiasm shared by the other girls, always fun!
    • Vera Silva • Student

She codes is a place where you can learn code in a relaxed environmental. It is useful not only because you can learn front-end but also get an idea of the potential of this world. Matt and the team of she code really helps to appreciate code world.

• She Codes
      - 6/15/2019
      Vera Lúcia Ribeiro • Student

“She codes is great if you wanna start coding and learn the basics. The weekend was a bit intensive, but very satisfying and worth it, and even though you'll be in a room for many hours the time just flies by without you noticing. I learned a lot in such a short time and I highly recommend this course to all first time coders.”

• Inês Santos • MSc in Management student • Graduate

I highly recommend doing the She Codes workshop! With She Codes I finally learned the basics of html, css and JavaScript and took a first step into the world of tech. The workshop was very demanding, but still so educational, inspiring and extremely dynamic and practical with an incredible teacher that helped us through every step of the way during all weekend. After the workshop my curiosity and desire to learn more about coding reached a whole other level of enthusiasm! I can't wait to continue the work I began in She Codes.

• She Codes Porto
      - 6/13/2019
      Ana Duarte

She Codes Porto was an introduction to the world of coding: HTML, CSS and Javascript. It was for sure a very helpful and good workshop for someone who doesn't know anything about coding and wants to start to learn more.

I totally recommend it!

• Tânia Gonçalves • Business Analyst • Student

It was the perfect weekend, learned a lot speacilly how it is to dive in the coding world. The environment is great, and it was really easy to learn with Matt.
      Totally recommend this workshop. :)

• Joana • Graduate

SheCodes is the perfect introduction workshop to coding that one could experience! I say this as someone who was afraid (but always curious) about coding, since the world always made it seem like such a complex and difficult thing to learn. Well, after SheCodes and have met Matt and everyone else, I can confidently say that that is not true. The workshop was intense and challeging, but also very simple and direct. It's the perfect introduction and the push that some might need to enter the world of programming. So wether you already like coding or want to discover where you stand towards it, this is a workshop I greatly recommend. It was worth every moment!

• Sofia Gonçalves

With a fast but finely worked pace, in a weekend you know at least how it works HTML, CSS, and JS. Matt is a great teacher, that with humour, organized content and a lot of know-how, can make you understan a little bit of this world that is coding.

The purpose of these workshop is for you, as a woman, gain love for the coding area. And I believe, that in the end of this workshop you will want to scratch more the surface of this new world.

• Great weekend
      - 6/12/2019
      Sara Duarte • Customer Service Representative • Student

I attended this course to help me understand JavaScript, I was having a tough time on my own. I'm very happy to say that it was totally worth it!

Very intense, very complete and also very fun!

• Carmo Andrade • Graphic Designer • Graduate

Two days at the SheCodes workshop and I'm already a professional developer, or at least it made me feel like one!
      Most people get scared to even think about learning code: I was one of them until I met Matt in an SC "teaser workshop" at the place I work and my fear turned into excitement. Starting off with the insight Matt gave us about women's role throughout history and how can we be more relevant in the current tech revolution. It made me feel like I could play a part in its development hence I enrolled in the workshop.
      Logistics wise, everything was so well organized, all the volunteers were very helpful and they made a great job creating a nice, welcoming environment for coders to share ideas, chill out during breaks and even having a drink after a long day of coding.
      The learning experience was off the chart, in so little time I got to learn a lot and have close contact with a variety of subjects that helped me prepare for a more intensive study in the future. The final project submission was both very challenging but rewarding due to all the support from classmates at Slack.
      Overall, the one thing I would change is the number of days, because I surely didn't want to leave!​

Carmo Andrade

• Anonymous • Architect • Graduate

I have always been interested in coding and this workshop was essential to understand more about what coding really is. Also, SheCodes is very-well organized and structured and Matt was a very helpful instructor. Not only did I have a really good time, but also, I was able to improve my skills!

• SceCodes Course
      - 10/23/2019

Excellent course! Highly recommended to all women who are curious about coding, want to pursue career in the field or are just looking to learn something new. I enjoyed it very much and I feel even more motivated to go deeper in the coding world.

• Coding express
      - 7/29/2019
      Anonymous • It consultant • Graduate

If you want to learn coding but don’t how to start, this course is definitely for you. In 2 days you will learn what you need to create a website with interaction and at the end you will feel that the course is really helpful. Register and have fun!

Honestly, SheCodes Plus is amazing! It helps women to see new opportunities in their career, give practical knowledge. I’ve never seen so many happy and motivated students, every part of the workshop was fun and interesting. For almost 10 years I worked as a Public Relation manager and I didn’t have any experience in coding. I’ve visited a lot of courses and classes, but this one changed my professional life completely. I opened a new "Coding World" for myself. I highly recommend SheCodes Plus!

She Codes and She Codes Plus have been such a wonderful introduction to the coding world! I learned the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript in She Codes, which gave me a great foundation for She Codes Plus. In She Codes Plus, we delved deep into the coding basics and learned React. We also got to build a project along the way which was very cool and rewarding - and it's a great thing to add to my portfolio! I now feel like I could pursue the path of becoming a front-end developer if I want to after just 6 weeks!