shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (940) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
  • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
    SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    3 monthly payments of $299
  • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    6 monthly payments of $249
  • Great course
    - 6/2/2022
    Oksana  User Photo
    Oksana • Deputy head of Call Center • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thank you for the opportunity to take this wonderful course. The information is presented in an accessible and easy to understand manner. It was very interesting and helpful. I hope to continue my studies in this direction. Good luck to the whole team!
  • Leash Holden   User Photo
    Leash Holden • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This experience was a serious eyeopener. Matt is a pleasure to learn from and the courses kept me on my toes. There are a ton of videos to learn from and the projects are a blast to do.  The UI is quite pleasing as well 👍
  • Mrs
    - 5/30/2022
    Olesia  User Photo
    Olesia • Customer Support Expert • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    “It was a happy coding process. I did HTML, CSS and JS parts as well. I hope my coding joinery will continue and I will be able to create beautiful and useful things.”
    - 5/26/2022
    Mary Boydston  User Photo
    Mary Boydston • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I absolutely loved SheCodes Basics. It was extremely digestible for a person with no coding experience. They provide all the greatest resources. The only area that was a little tough was the end of the JavaScript section but they provided so many additional assistance via Slack, it evened out. I plan on pursuing further workshops when my situation allows it. Thank you, SheCodes!
  • SheCodes
    - 5/24/2022
    Alexandra  User Photo
    Alexandra • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    What I loved about the course was how hands-on it all was. The learners don't get overwhelmed with the theory and are handed all the necessary tools to make visible progress in every class. I truly enjoyed the basic course and look forward to the next ones!
    - 5/23/2022
    Yuliia  User Photo
    Yuliia • Student Verified via GitHub
    I tried programming courses before and SheCodes is truly the best one I learned. I am grateful for this opportunity and looking forward to learn new skills!🤓

- 5/23/2022
    Isabel  User Photo
    Isabel • Linguist • Student Verified via GitHub
    I really enjoyed sharing something I love (my town, Mitla!) in my final project. I'm surprised I could make something so polished after three weeks! Well, it's self-paced so more like two weeks for me. It's comparable in content to the Odin Project but unlike that site SheCodes is very direct and practical and almost all the content is on the SheCodes site. SheCodes offers mostly video demonstrations with transcripts and code examples. You learn on the site, you are not directed to learn thru links to offsite learning resources, although it is suggested to do further searching to bolster learning and links with resources are offered. There is very little fluff: no history of the internet beyond a brief summary. If you want something practical, direct, and efficient, this is it. The slack channel and LinkedIn networking are alive and well: this is very attractive if you are trying to build a network. It's also very international, not US-focused.
  • Wonderful
    - 5/19/2022
    Christine   User Photo
    Christine • Instructional Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    In comparison to other free coding courses that I have taken, Matt's detailed explanations and use of real-world examples in his lessons has helped me understand the functions of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. As someone who is transitioning into the Learning & Development industry, this workshop has inspired me to think of new ways to create engaging yet accessible online curricula and other instructional materials. SheCodes, thank you for helping individuals like myself believe that we can code!
  • Polina Fedorova  User Photo
    Polina Fedorova • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've finished the SheCodes Basics course and totally content with it, everything is explained clearly, challenges throughout the course helped a lot, as well as the community and SheCodes team support, which always reply quickly. Just started the SheCodes Plus course and already can see how much I've improved comparing to 3 weeks ago! Definitely recommend!
  • Anastasiia Shvanska   User Photo
    Anastasiia Shvanska • Verified via LinkedIn
    Starting learning to code with SheCodes was my best decision! The information is very well structured which makes it easy to learn. During this workshop, I learned a lot and got all the necessary basic knowledge. Before starting the training, I could not even imagine that in just three weeks I would be able to create small projects myself. But Matt and SheCodes were able to fulfill my dream. Thousands of thanks to the entire SheCodes team. And special thanks for helping refugees from Ukraine at this difficult time. You are the best in your business!
    - 5/10/2022
    Lena  User Photo
    Lena • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am so grateful to the entire SheCodes team and especially to Matt Delac for this opportunity. This workshop gave me completely new knowledge in my life, which made me very happy and exited. I feel that I have a lot of energy and desire to learn more about coding with SheCodes. I recommend this master class to all women who want to start a new journey in their life😊