shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (532) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, GitHub
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, GitHub
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
    • Miss
      - 4/7/2021
      Kathryn Faller   User Photo
      Kathryn Faller • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Coming to this course knowing absolutely nothing about coding, I can't believe how much I've learned so far having only taken this class for the past 3 weeks! For the first time, I'm actually enjoying what I'm learning and feel thoroughly confident in my ability to do the task at hand! I find the challenges very useful because they forced me to practice coding instead of just taking notes (a bad habit of mine). All of the practice through the challenges really helped get the lesson ideas stuck in my head and I really feel like I know the content. I can see my coding skills quickly improving! I can't wait to learn more about coding and am really looking forward to starting SheCodes Plus! :)
    • Nina  User Photo
      Nina • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This workshop provided me with further tricks & techniques to build a responsive and stylish website. Matt has a great approach to teaching and I am always happy to reach out to the team for prompt and attentive support! Thank you :)
      - 4/5/2021
      Elise  User Photo
      Elise • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      It was a really good introductory overview - it taught me the basic language and the structure of how it works. I particularly enjoyed the final project where I was free to play around and create something I liked!
      - 4/5/2021
      Nastassja Basekay Wa Basekay  User Photo
      Nastassja Basekay Wa Basekay • Sales Advisor • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have learned so much in just three weeks! By having weekly homework you get to test your knowledge and challenge yourself. I would recommend this to anyone curious to see what it is all about. This was so much fun and I can't wait to start SheCodes Plus next! Thank you to the SheCodes team.
    • Fran G  User Photo
      Fran G • operations assistant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       “This is my first time taking classes online and it really exceeded my expectations. The flexibility and constant communication were what helped me to continue. It really makes you want to keep learning.”

• Maria Feminina Escalante-Kok   User Photo
      Maria Feminina Escalante-Kok • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This workshop was definitely very enjoyable. If you think that HTML and CSS were already fun and amazing, this SheCodes Plus workshop will take you on a joyride as it teaches you more JavaScript, Hosting, and API. Be ready to get obsessed with the power of coding.
    • Highly Recommended
      - 3/29/2021
      Lilla Csanaky  User Photo
      Lilla Csanaky • Process Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have just finished this course and I enjoyed it so much!
      This is a great course for beginners. Videos are easy to follow and engaging, and the exercises are interesting and fun. The content is divided into small sections, so it can be done in small bits. The weekly homeworks helped me to stay on track and to use (and experiment with) the skills I have learned.
      If you get stuck, you will find help easily.
    • Jennifer  User Photo
      Jennifer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      She codes was a great training for the absolute beginner I was. The videos are explaining HTML, CSS, and JAVASCRIPT functionalities very clearly and step by step, you can learn at your own pace which is very pleasant. I highly recommend this course.
      - 3/25/2021
      Chrissy  User Photo
      Chrissy • Verified via LinkedIn
      5 out of 5! I would definitely recommend. This introduction course was concise, easy to digest and a lot of fun! Plus, it didn't completely take over my life... I really do think 5 hours a week is an accurate estimate. I really enjoyed this experience. Thank you, SheCodes team!
    • Simply Amazing
      - 3/25/2021
      Monika Fiorevanti  User Photo
      Monika Fiorevanti • CSA • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      An amazing experience! I used to be afraid of coding because no-one had explained to me how it works or how to code. I started this course very sceptical and I adored it! The way everything is explained is really amazing! I now really like coding and I signed up for the SheCodes Pro and I cannot wait to learn more!
    • Aleksandra Vujadinovic   User Photo
      Aleksandra Vujadinovic • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      A great workshop for beginners! 👶🏻 I enjoyed listening to the sessions because everything was very well explained and easy to unterstand. It really increased my interest for coding even though there were a lot of try-and-errors. It is just amazing to realize what you can do even with some simple code. I am looking forward to joining the other workshops soon!👩🏻‍💻
    • Very pleased!
      - 3/23/2021
      Diede  User Photo
      Diede • Verified via LinkedIn
      I would definitely recommend SheCodes. I didn't have any experience in coding, but yet with the instructional videos and information it was quite easy (and fun!) to complete the challenges. Matt is a good teacher, he has a good pace and his enthusiasm is pleasant to listen to and learn from. The first workshop has definitely sparked my interest in coding.