shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (684) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

GitHub, Git, CSS, HTML, JavaScript
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $299
    • SheCodes Pro

JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, CSS, React.js
      SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      6 monthly payments of $249
    • Esther  User Photo
      Esther • Student Verified via GitHub
      "At first, I joined the free workshop here in SheCodes. And as I listen to what Matt teaches, I feel like I can really learn this. Then I started to take up the workshop offered. The way he teaches is very easy to understand and we got helpful team and group of people inside the program. Everyone help each other. And everything is interesting. This is my first time into coding. I don't have a computer background. I studied Business Administration Major in Marketing and caregiving as my educational background back in the Philippines. I love this program. ".
    • Amazing Experience
      - 9/24/2021
      Rita Silva  User Photo
      Rita Silva • Student Verified via GitHub
      I really enjoyed the workshop and the teaching method! Matt is a great teacher and the community is very supportive. I'm very excited to continue learning with SheCodes!”
    • LOVE IT
      - 9/20/2021
      Victoria   User Photo
      Victoria • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I would highly recommend this course! In a short time I learned amazing things and I'll definitely continue :) The course is easy to follow and to understand. A big thank you to Matt for creating such an awesome opportunity to step into this area.
    • Mahsa Goudarzi  User Photo
      Mahsa Goudarzi • Content Creator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The lessons are short but very detailed and full of useful points. And Matt is so experienced at teaching coding! I am so grateful that I took the basic course and I can't wait to start more advanced ones!
      - 9/13/2021
      Kirsty Allen  User Photo
      Kirsty Allen • Operational Improvement Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course was a lot of fun, it has helped me gain a basic understanding of the coding world. Parts are tricky but do not let that deter you, there is a lot to learn! I would recommend this programme to anyone who wants to learn and have fun doing so!

I signed up for the SheCodes plus course straight after completing this one!!
    • Danielle Woolaston  User Photo
      Danielle Woolaston Verified via GitHub
      This was an enjoyable experience. The lessons were well instructed and very informative. The plus, however, was the community of intelligent, supportive people who were there to help me every step of the way whenever I struggled with a problem. I didn't have any previous notions or desires about coding before taking the class. Now, I only wish that I had taken this class a lot sooner. I highly recommend this for everyone to try. Thank you Matt, and to the wonderful women who helped me out with the lessons.
      - 9/8/2021
      kb  User Photo
      kb • Salon Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I really enjoyed this workshop! Starting with zero coding knowledge, these courses were easy to follow and the online support system is an incredible tool. I can't wait to start the next workshop!
    • Sandra  User Photo
      Sandra • Verified via LinkedIn
      I learned programming many years ago, only I was never very motivated to learn as a teenager. So I actually forgot everything. Through my job in product marketing in a tech company, I realized that it would be fun to go in that direction again, and with SheCodes I can do that now. I find it great to meet like-minded women and exchange ideas with them. The presentation of the videos and the possibility to ask questions in the chat is great. And the best thing you can do it wherever and whenever you want in your own pace.
    • Daniela Jiménez Sánchez  User Photo
      Daniela Jiménez Sánchez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I highly recommend this course! Matt teaches step by step from the basics, the bootcamp is very well planned and full of useful resources to learn to program easily.”

• B. Gallego  User Photo
      B. Gallego • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes was a wonderful experience as a beginner! I come from a background in Healthcare and have always thought of tech and coding as intimidating; however, the lessons per week were well executed. Matt was able to teach the concepts with good detail and there was a lot of resource available, along with support on Slack. I thoroughly enjoyed how the pace was scheduled per week but you could also go through them at your own pace.

The combination of lessons with the small challenges, weekly homework, and the final project allowed you to test your knowledge and skills. You are also taught how to use the internet to look for solutions or more explanations to the different concepts in HTML, CSS and JS, which was good practice for real world application. Overall, my experience doing the Basic Workshop has given me a new confidence in my new skillset in HTML, CSS and JS.

This experience has filled me with excitement and looking forward to more opportunities in programming. Thank you to Matt and the SheCodes team!
    • Worth every penny
      - 8/31/2021
      Anna  User Photo
      Anna • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Hi there, I'm Anna. I've been a fashion & lifestyle photographer for 10+ years and I decided to take the plunge for a more stable career path, one where I would be able to work even during confinement, during the chaos of 2020... well, basically, one where I would be able to work remotely. I was very scared because even though it's written all over the website that the course is for beginners, I thought I wouldn't learn it as I was supposed to. Big mistake: Matt is an amazing teacher and the SheCodes team is just brilliant and always there to answer your questions, being them silly or not. I just finished the Basics but I already paid for the full course, thanks to the discount opportunity for those who, like me, couldn't work in 2020. I can't thank you enough for showing me that coding can yes, be creative, and specially that you don't have to be good at math (yikes) in order to know how to do it. If you're wondering even a little bit about being a SheCodes student, this is your sign: go for it and never look back. :)
      - 8/30/2021
      Deina Enoch  User Photo
      Deina Enoch • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Coding has always been such a 'scary' or rather, an intimidating thing for me. Something I wanted to get started with, but would think "I don't know if I'll be able to get it 😵‍💫.", but I DID! SheCodes Workshops are structured in a way where you're being guided, while at the same time, you're being empowered 💪🏼. Matt and the SheCodes team provide you with projects as you move through the lessons (lessons that are very well put together and easy to follow, btw), and not only provide you with a platform to connect with the team if and when you might run into a hiccup, but the option to interact with other SheCoders is available 👩🏻‍🤝‍👩🏽. The SheCodes 'Front-End Cheatsheets' were also helpful 👀.