shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon, Online

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (251) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes
      - 5/6/2020
      Andreia • Pharmacist • Applicant
      She Codes was an exciting challenge where I could learn solid basis on programming and web development. Matt is a great tutor and his lessons are very clear and effective. After this introduction, I would like to continue my coding journey in a near future. I strongly recommend it to every woman regardless of the academic background.
    • Elize • Student • Student
       “During the quarantine, I decided I wanted to learn something new. Learning how to code was definitely the best decision I could make. Loved the videos and how the workshop is build up. I will definitely continue improving my coding skills!”
    • Marie • Project Manager • Graduate
      I really loved SheCodes! The workshops are a great way to learn how to code. The challenges at the end of every lesson really pushed us to do better. I really liked it and it will help me for sure in my professional life! 👩🏽‍💻

• Katia Zakharkevich • Graduate
      If you are thinking about trying coding, but don't know where to start - you just found it!  SheCodes is all a beginner is looking for:  friendly and supportive learning environment; structured material, represented in a clear way; challenges adequate to your current level; learning path constructed in the way which allows you to apply fresh knowledge right away, so it doesn't get cover in dust on your memory shelves. You will have great instructor Matt and friendly supportive team on Slack, who won't let you feel alone and lost in the world of coding.

I participated in online weekend workshop and discovered in just two days that if you really set your mind on it, coding is not a rocket science and it is a lot of fun!

That saying, I highly recommend SheCodes.👍

• Highly recommend!
      - 4/30/2020
      Sydney • Operations Manager
      I was hesitant to start learning how to code because I felt like there would be a huge barrier to learning the basics. Matt Delac, the instructor for SheCodes, was wonderful! The lectures are very engaging, easy to understand, and relatable, and the challenges after each lecture kept my progress in check. This made it so easy to be motivated and make sure I understood each new concept before moving on to the next one. It was the perfect intro to programming and now I feel like I have a really solid foundation!
    • Isadora • Student
      Everybody in the SheCodes Team was really helpful and attentive to our needs during the course. Besides that, I found the learning method to be clear and efficient, helping me dismisty this new langugage. It made me want to learn more about coding!
    • Ana Almeida • Mechanical Engineer • Graduate
      The best choice i made!
      I participated in the SheCodes 7.0 event over the weekend (4-5 April) and i have never had a better learning expirence. The challenges get harder but you always have full support from the Team and other students.
      I wish we could do this every weekend, i mean, there's always something else you could learn, right?
      The workshop was fully online and it all went smothly.
      Highly recommend!
    • About SheCodes
      - 4/8/2020
      Lisa Silva
      ❗❗For start, I just wanto to thank to the amazing team of SheCodes 💜
      I will be honest with you (or whatever is reading this) SheCodes has one of the bests teams I've ever seen in a long time 👌 They work all together just for one propose: teaching us (and well, very well) coding 💻
      This intensive workshop during this weekend it was one of the amazest I had (and I took several courses online that meets my interests), and this one...oh guys... I just have to tell you, is by far the best 💯
      Although, this weekend workshop it was supposed to be with presential learning, I just have to congratulate ALL THE TEAM 👏 for the speed of adaptation to make it an online course because of covid-19, they were so fast to adapat but they didn't lose the efficiency and the content of ANYTHING, once however 💪
      I'm more than proud that I had the chance to see such a great team to work in this way, and thank to them they taught me things in a way that I won't forget for sure 🤓
      ✔ And from here, it's always up ⬆ and I hope it will be with SheCodes 👩‍💻✔
    • SheCode Workshop
      - 4/7/2020
      Raffaela
      Two days full immersion in coding! It was a worthy experience. Back in days, I had some HTML and CSS classes but they were teaching in a traditional way, projecting example on the whiteboard, almost no practice. Because of the way they were teaching I gave up the idea of learning how to code. I decide to take this 2-days workshop because I was curious and I am looking for a new job opportunity. It was a great idea! This workshop was online and Matt was sharing his screen whit us while he was explaining HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, it was easy to follow. Another advantage of this workshop: we did a lot of exercises, and it was great! Because the only way to learn how to code is practice, practice and practice.
    • Jacqueline
      If you want to start learning code but are a bit scared of it, this is a great beginning! The atmosphere is light and funny, which makes something that looks so complicated, much more simple. Matt is a great instructor, and the course itself gives you enough skills to start practicing on your own! I would definitely recommend it!