Sales Platoon is an immersive, online, 12-week Sales Academy bootcamp designed specifically for transitioning service members and military veterans. Sales Platoon instructors are military veterans with over 20 years of sales leadership experience. Sales Platoon is cohort-based , and students will learn VALUE selling; utilization of Challenger sales methodology; how to source, develop and close sales pipelines; manage a sales funnel; and negotiate and close a sale. After the first 6 weeks of the bootcamp, students will begin an apprenticeship program where they will receive practical sales experience through being onboarded and managed as sales executives on an active sales team with quota and full sales pipeline responsibility. Sales Platoon students will receive weekly 1:1 support from their coach throughout the bootcamp and apprenticeship program.
Sales Platoon is open to honorably discharged or soon to separate active duty US military members. Admission is selective and is based on criteria, including behavior and personality index, sales skills benchmarking, an aptitude-based panel interview, and culture and behavioral interviews.
Sales Platoon students will receive soft skills training for the workplace. At the conclusion of the apprenticeship portion of the Sales Platoon bootcamp, students will interview with partner companies and will receive an offer from a civilian company as a full-time employee. Sales Platoon students will have the opportunity to earn multiple certifications, including HubSpot Inbound Sales and Customer Relationship Management, Business-to-Business Sales Account Executive, Zoom Online Sales Meeting, LinkedIn (Premium), LinkedIn Sales Navigation, Ground Truth Sales System, and Social Selling on multiple platforms.
Sales Platoon offers full scholarships (up to $12,000) to active duty military and separated veterans.
Recent Sales Platoon Reviews: Rating 4.95
Recent Sales Platoon News
OnlineFull Time12 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost N/A Class size N/A Location OnlineSales Platoon is cohort-based , and students will learn VALUE selling; utilization of Challenger sales methodology; how to source, develop and close sales pipelines; manage a sales funnel; and negotiate and close a sale. After the first 6 weeks of the bootcamp, students will begin an apprenticeship program where they will receive practical sales experience through being onboarded and managed as sales executives on an active sales team with quota and full sales pipeline responsibility. Sales Platoon students will receive weekly 1:1 support from their coach throughout the bootcamp and apprenticeship program.
Minimum Skill Level Sales Platoon is open to honorably discharged or soon to separate active duty US military members. Placement Test No Interview Yes
Sales Platoon Reviews
20 reviews sorted by:
- Amazing course!- 7/12/2022Camara Brown • Graduate • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSales Platoon is an incredible resource for any military member leaving Active Duty service. The number of tools I received to help not only with a sales career, but any career AND ways to maximize your life for success is innumerable. You cannot find anything like Raleigh Wilkins' teachings anywhere online. Not only that, he sets aside time for you personally to help with any questions or concerns you have. I am going to recommend this course to everyone I ever served in the military with.
- US Air Force Retired- 3/11/2022Jerry Glascock • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI wanted to take the knowledge and skills that I developed in the Air Force and go into a completely different career. I never considered sales as an option before speaking with Sales Platoon, but afterward developed an interest in tech sales. Unfortunately, when I read job postings, it was obvious that I lacked key skills; even for entry-level positions. Sales Platoon is teaching people how to sell anything, not just one product. The hands-on approach allows me to experience managing my book of contacts/companies, developing my pipeline, and documenting in the CRM. I appreciate the connections that they were able to make with key hiring managers toward the end of the course as well. I’ve already connected with some of the sponsors who are interested in hiring Sales Platoon graduates. The course and my classmates made it such a great experience and I recommend it to any transitioning military that wants to make an impact in the tough world of B2B Sales.
- Sales Apprenticeship- 7/21/2021Leah Galiano • Student • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInFor me, I wanted to take the skillsets I developed in the military and go into a completely different industry. I was entertaining tech sales; and when I started to read the job postings, I knew I had to close some gaps- fast. Thank you to my military counselors for introducing me to Sales Platoon. I’m not learning how to “sell a product,” I’m learning how to sell. I received hands on experience and training in; the sales cycle, managing my book of business, developing pipeline and documenting in CRM. Not only do I feel confident to go into sales, I feel prepared for my transition out of the service. I’ve already connected with some of the alumni’s, it’s great to know that I still have lifelines even after the program is over. Sales Platoon was a great skillbridge experience and I recommend it to any service member that wants to pursue sales.
- Business Development Specialist- 7/9/2021Catherine Lorfils • BDR • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSales Platoon is a great program that teaches Business to Business sales to transitioning service members. We are given hands-on training while utilizing live tech stacks like HubSpot and LinkedIn Sales Navigator. No other sales Skillbridge can give you the fast paced feeling of being a Business Development Representative and the knowledge to be able to comfortably articulate the role of the position. If you like to challenge yourself-- give Sales Platoon a try!!!
- Best Sales Skillbridge out there- 7/8/2021Dusty • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSales Platoon is absolutely worth all the time and effort you put into it. The description says it doesn't take the G.I. Bill and that's because it is free to veterans and active duty. They not only teach you how to sell, but they teach you how to manage yourself. You are able to interview with any company they are partnered with, but also encourage you to search for companies you might like to work for. you will graduate with complete confidence in your ability to be successful.
- Fellow- 7/8/2021Carlos Garcia • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInMy Sales Platoon has been a great experience since day one. I have gained so much knowledge and a better understanding of B2B sales. Raleigh has truly explained how to use LinkedIn and all its capabilities that I wasn’t aware of. I have learned how to communicate with not just fellow veterans but also with CEOs and hiring managers in order to present myself for informational interviews. Sales Platoon has equipped me not with just skills on how to sell products but how to sell myself to potential future companies.
- Joe Frederick • Sales Specialist (Pharama) • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIf you are a Sales Manager and you want to bring a Veteran or Transitioning Service Member on to your sales team(s), this is the program where you’ll find what you need.Sales Platoon isn’t just theory, its practical application. Cohort Members use a tech stack consisting of HubSpot, Connect & Sell, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, MS Teams, and Slack. They get real world BDR experience cold calling, setting appointments, conducting discovery calls and pitching an actual product.If you are a Transitioning Service Member and considering a career in Sales, I cannot recommend this program enough. You will ramp faster and scale quicker than most people you compete against. You will maximize your earning potential!!
- Vetted Skill Bridge Opportunity!- 7/7/2021Thomas Jedreski • Business Development Apprentice • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInCurrently, in skill bridge week 10/12 of this Department of Defense and Hiring our Heroes vetted course. It has taught me all aspects of sales from what to expect with onboarding with a company, cold-calling, overcoming objections, and how to talk to people. This course gives you 100% translatable skills in B2B sales and gets you familiar with tech software such as Hubspot, Slack, Zoom, Linkedin, Connect&Sell, Zoom Info, Wiza, and Linkedin Sales Navigator. You will get uniquely crafted documents to help you on your own path to sales that assist with tracking your progress, developing your vision, and understanding the background/hidden aspects not openly discussed in most companies. Plus leaders/experts in resumes, salary negotiation, and heads of companies join us weekly to share insight about their company and their experiences.
- Business Development Representative- 7/7/2021Adam Potts • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSales Platoon is the best program that I could have been selected for while transitioning out of the Army. Raleigh is an experienced Sales leader and has used his knowledge to develop a curriculum and methodology that teaches you everything you need to start off and be successful in a sales role. Over the course, you learn how to become a trusted advisor that can bring a valuable solution to a customer. You get real experience by prospecting, conducting cold calls, networking, and get hands-on experience with Sales Tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, HubSpot, Connect and Sell, and ZoomInfo. You will gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and will work alongside other veterans that are transitioning to a Sales role. I highly recommend this course and will continue to be an advocate for it!
- Business Development Rep- 7/7/2021Lonnie Tally • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAs a current Cohort member I have found this program to be very insightful. The access to the many different Sales tools and knowledge that Raleigh has provided is TOP-NOTCH. Coming out of a 21 year military career my knowledge about Corporate B2B Sales was at a minimum, I'm now "in the know" and feel prepared to enter the corporate/civilian world.
- Business Development Representative- 6/21/2021Peter Stebbing • Business Development • Graduate • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSales Platoon was the key to my successful transition from 20+ year Army officer to Business Development Representative.
Raleigh is a highly experienced sales professional who has dedicated his time and efforts to training transitioning military personnel to a successful career in sales, and I am grateful to have been selected as a cohort member. We continue to be in contact as he is available as a mentor after the course is over, providing invaluable advice and increasing our value to employers.
Sales Platoon taught us the theory, practice and the profession of a sales career, one where you are a trusted advisor bringing the best solution to a customer. We had tremendously talented and established leaders brief us during lunch and learns, increasing the reach and efficacy of our networks. We honed our prospecting skills, our resumes, our LinkedIn profiles, and CRM proficiency.
As a result we offer potential employers a much higher rate of return when compared to normal hires. Our training and maturity enable graduates to reduce the time of our onboarding, ensuring our new employers see a much higher rate of return when compared to a normal hire.
- Business Development Specialist- 6/21/2021Amy Bailik • Senior Key Account Manager, Samsung Electronics America • Student • Course: Sales Academy • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSales Platoon was an absolute home run for me! I went from 20 years of active duty Air Force with zero sales experience to an amazing career with Samsung thanks to the teachings and leadership from Raleigh at Sales Platoon. The curriculum is unlike anything else I came across when deciding on sales training to go with as I transitioned out of the military and I can't recommend it highly enough. We were able to get real-world hands-on training with CRM tools, prospecting, cold calling, and a true perspective from an industry expert on the day-to-day grind of B2B sales. I'll be forever grateful for my time with this organization.
* These outcomes are not audited by Course Report. In some cases, data is audited by a third party.
Of the students who enroll at Sales Platoon, 75% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 93% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 15 graduates included in this report: