sales-platoon-logo

Sales Platoon

Sales Platoon

Sales Platoon is an immersive, online, 12-week Sales Academy bootcamp designed specifically for transitioning service members and military veterans. Sales Platoon instructors are military veterans with over 20 years of sales leadership experience. Sales Platoon is cohort-based , and students will learn VALUE selling; utilization of Challenger sales methodology; how to source, develop and close sales pipelines; manage a sales funnel; and negotiate and close a sale. After the first 6 weeks of the bootcamp, students will begin an apprenticeship program where they will receive practical sales experience through being onboarded and managed as sales executives on an active sales team with quota and full sales pipeline responsibility. Sales Platoon students will receive weekly 1:1 support from their coach throughout the bootcamp and apprenticeship program.

Sales Platoon is open to honorably discharged or soon to separate active duty US military members. Admission is selective and is based on criteria, including behavior and personality index, sales skills benchmarking, an aptitude-based panel interview, and culture and behavioral interviews.

Sales Platoon students will receive soft skills training for the workplace. At the conclusion of the apprenticeship portion of the Sales Platoon bootcamp, students will interview with partner companies and will receive an offer from a civilian company as a full-time employee. Sales Platoon students will have the opportunity to earn multiple certifications, including HubSpot Inbound Sales and Customer Relationship Management, Business-to-Business Sales Account Executive, Zoom Online Sales Meeting, LinkedIn (Premium), LinkedIn Sales Navigation, Ground Truth Sales System, and Social Selling on multiple platforms.

Sales Platoon offers full scholarships (up to $12,000) to active duty military and separated veterans.

Recent Sales Platoon Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (14) reviews for Sales Platoon →

Recent Sales Platoon News

• Sales Academy

Sales
    OnlineFull Time12 Weeks
    Minimum Skill LevelSales Platoon is open to honorably discharged or soon to separate active duty US military members.
  • Leah Galiano  User Photo
    Leah Galiano • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     For me, I wanted to take the skillsets I developed in the military and go into a completely different industry.  I was entertaining tech sales; and when I started to read the job postings, I knew I had to close some gaps- fast.  Thank you to my military counselors for introducing me to Sales Platoon.  I’m not learning how to “sell a product,” I’m learning how to sell.  I received hands on experience and training in; the sales cycle, managing my book of business, developing pipeline and documenting in CRM.  Not only do I feel confident to go into sales, I feel prepared for my transition out of the service.  I’ve already connected with some of the alumni’s, it’s great to know that I still have lifelines even after the program is over.  Sales Platoon was a great skillbridge experience and I recommend it to any service member that wants to pursue sales.

• Catherine Lorfils  User Photo
    Catherine Lorfils • BDR • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Sales Platoon is a great program that teaches Business to Business sales to transitioning service members. We are given hands-on training while utilizing live tech stacks like HubSpot and LinkedIn Sales Navigator. No other sales Skillbridge can give you the fast paced feeling of being a Business Development Representative and the knowledge to be able to comfortably articulate the role of the position. If you like to challenge yourself-- give Sales Platoon a try!!!
  • Dusty  User Photo
    Dusty • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Sales Platoon is absolutely worth all the time and effort you put into it. The description says it doesn't take the G.I. Bill and that's because it is free to veterans and active duty. They not only teach you how to sell, but they teach you how to manage yourself. You are able to interview with any company they are partnered with, but also encourage you to search for companies you might like to work for. you will graduate with complete confidence in your ability to be successful.
  • Fellow
    - 7/7/2021
    Carlos Garcia  User Photo
    Carlos Garcia • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My Sales Platoon has been a great experience since day one. I have gained so much knowledge and a better understanding of B2B sales. Raleigh has truly explained how to use LinkedIn and all its capabilities that I wasn’t aware of. I have learned how to communicate with not just fellow veterans but also with CEOs and hiring managers in order to present myself for informational interviews. Sales Platoon has equipped me not with just skills on how to sell products but how to sell myself to potential future companies.
  • Joe Frederick  User Photo
    Joe Frederick • Sales Specialist (Pharama) • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     If you are a Sales Manager and you want to bring a Veteran or Transitioning Service Member on to your sales team(s), this is the program where you’ll find what you need.

Sales Platoon isn’t just theory, its practical application.  Cohort Members use a tech stack consisting of HubSpot, Connect & Sell, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, MS Teams, and Slack.  They get real world BDR experience cold calling, setting appointments, conducting discovery calls and pitching an actual product.

If you are a Transitioning Service Member and considering a career in Sales, I cannot recommend this program enough.  You will ramp faster and scale quicker than most people you compete against. You will maximize your earning potential!!
  • Thomas Jedreski  User Photo
    Thomas Jedreski • Business Development Apprentice • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Currently, in skill bridge week 10/12 of this Department of Defense and Hiring our Heroes vetted course. It has taught me all aspects of sales from what to expect with onboarding with a company, cold-calling, overcoming objections, and how to talk to people. This course gives you 100% translatable skills in B2B sales and gets you familiar with tech software such as Hubspot, Slack, Zoom, Linkedin, Connect&Sell, Zoom Info, Wiza, and Linkedin Sales Navigator. You will get uniquely crafted documents to help you on your own path to sales that assist with tracking your progress, developing your vision, and understanding the background/hidden aspects not openly discussed in most companies. Plus leaders/experts in resumes, salary negotiation, and heads of companies join us weekly to share insight about their company and their experiences.
  • Adam Potts  User Photo
    Adam Potts • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Sales Platoon is the best program that I could have been selected for while transitioning out of the Army.  Raleigh is an experienced Sales leader and has used his knowledge to develop a curriculum and methodology that teaches you everything you need to start off and be successful in a sales role. Over the course, you learn how to become a trusted advisor that can bring a valuable solution to a customer. You get real experience by prospecting, conducting cold calls, networking, and get hands-on experience with Sales Tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, HubSpot, Connect and Sell, and ZoomInfo. You will gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and will work alongside other veterans that are transitioning to a Sales role. I highly recommend this course and will continue to be an advocate for it!
  • Lonnie Tally  User Photo
    Lonnie Tally • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a current Cohort member I have found this program to be very insightful.  The access to the many different Sales tools and knowledge that Raleigh has provided is TOP-NOTCH.  Coming out of a 21 year military career my knowledge about Corporate B2B Sales was at a minimum, I'm now "in the know" and feel prepared to enter the corporate/civilian world.
  • Peter Stebbing  User Photo
    Peter Stebbing • Business Development • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Sales Platoon was the key to my successful transition from 20+ year Army officer to Business Development Representative.

Raleigh is a highly experienced sales professional who has dedicated his time and efforts to training transitioning military personnel to a successful career in sales, and I am grateful to have been selected as a cohort member. We continue to be in contact as he is available as a mentor after the course is over, providing invaluable advice and increasing our value to employers.

Sales Platoon taught us the theory, practice and the profession of a sales career, one where you are a trusted advisor bringing the best solution to a customer. We had tremendously talented and established leaders brief us during lunch and learns, increasing the reach and efficacy of our networks. We honed our prospecting skills, our resumes, our LinkedIn profiles, and CRM proficiency.

As a result we offer potential employers a much higher rate of return when compared to normal hires. Our training and maturity enable graduates to reduce the time of our onboarding, ensuring our new employers see a much higher rate of return when compared to a normal hire.

• Amy Bailik  User Photo
    Amy Bailik • Senior Key Account Manager, Samsung Electronics America • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Sales Platoon was an absolute home run for me! I went from 20 years of active duty Air Force with zero sales experience to an amazing career with Samsung thanks to the teachings and leadership from Raleigh at Sales Platoon. The curriculum is unlike anything else I came across when deciding on sales training to go with as I transitioned out of the military and I can't recommend it highly enough. We were able to get real-world hands-on training with CRM tools, prospecting, cold calling, and a true perspective from an industry expert on the day-to-day grind of B2B sales. I'll be forever grateful for my time with this organization.
  • RET MSGT
    - 6/18/2021
    Sonya l Anthony  User Photo
    Sonya l Anthony • Bioenvironmental Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Sales Platoon was an amazing opportunity. I left with confidence in networking, a life long mentor, and contacts from fortune 500 companies that took interest in my success and professional development. The curriculum was easy to follow and engaging. The mindset course was life changing in so many aspects of my life. I highly recommend this growth opportunity. Any company that gets any student out of here will have already exceeded most market expectations.
  • Account Executive
    - 7/12/2021
    Jack Davis • Account Executive • Student
    Sales Platoon is a transformative experience.  I am leaving the special operations community after 20 years of active duty service and there are many obstacles to breaking into sales.  Sales Platoon enables you to navigate those obstacles and jump into great opportunities with the training and awareness needed to embark on a new pathway to your success!!

Sales Platoon Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Sales Platoon, 75% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 93% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $70,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 15 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

*active duty military personnel going through the SkillBridge program.  25% attrition rate is expected as this is a demanding, full-time role and apprenticeship.  We offer 100% tuition coverage for active duty military and for most separated veterans.  $70k salary is based on an average of $50k base and a $20k variable.