Ruby On The Beach
The initial skills phase of the Ruby on the Beach course has an online, flexible schedule that adapts to students’ real-world life demands and schedules. Once students finish the curriculum and are completely confident, they proceed to the on-location bootcamp – past locations have included Bali, Ecuador and Thailand – for a concentrated month of hackathons and projects with full instructor support.
Ruby on the Beach believes that students learn best when they're relaxed. The course curriculum is broken into core material and enrichment and encourages frequent breaks to encourage retention. Ruby on the Beach offers courses in a self-paced format to meet skill levels from newbie to advanced. Because programs take place outside of North America, students must have passports and travel documents to participate. Students also have the opportunity to pay as they go and Ruby on the Beach aims to keep tuition cost flexible and economical.
Recent Ruby On The Beach Reviews: Rating
Recent Ruby On The Beach News
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $3,500 Class size 12 Location Pacific Coast, Ecuador, BaliThis is a course offering online, cloud-based, one-one-one learning with senior devs. It's meant to be entirely customizable, based on our proven curriculum: students are free to expand the hours and direction of the instruction in this course, as preparation for the bootcamp section that follows. You move through the course at your own rate; if you have existing code experience, or none whatever, you can customize the length, time spent, and any additional material covered or expanded on, as you go. This course can be taken on its own, and students do not have to commit to full completion; it can act as a preparatory course if needed. Completing the full curriculum (approximately 100 units, typically taking 40 hours instructor time, spread over 3-7 weeks) qualifies the student for the following bootcamp. This course has a rolling start, but students may be paired with other students at varying levels to work on projects, and refine skills.
Deposit 1650 FinancingPay as you go, biweekly Refund / Guarantee none
Minimum Skill Level none Prep Work none Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date None scheduled Cost $4,000 Class size 12 Location Pacific Coast, Ecuador, BaliThis is a followup course: our Cloud Camp course is a prerequisite. Students enter this course with a full suite of coding skills from the Cloud Camp, which they customize to their needs and skill and experience levels. The Project Camp is 100% project focused, with students in teams on day one and building great collaborative projects. During the course, teams are formed and complete projects. As they do so, they are mentored by in person, senior devs. Teams crash-test each others work. Projects provide APIs for other projects, and iteration, continuous improvement and frequent releases are emphasised, to as completely as possible recreate the pressures and fun of active, vibrant coding teams and studios. Whenever instruction (as opposed to mentoring) is needed, any student can book instructor time, in person or via the same collaboration tools as our Cloud Camp to remote devs. There is a base cost to the bootcamp, with assigned mentoring time that will ensure core development needs are met. You and your team determine how much more contact time is needed, and are only billed for what you use, as with our Cloud Camp. This course is scheduled on a periodic basis: students from the Cloud Camp will be assigned to an upcoming Project Camp, based on their projected Cloud Camp completion date, so scheduling can be completely flexible.
Deposit N/A FinancingPay as you go, weekly Refund / Guarantee no Scholarship May be available – see Course Report Scholarship listings.
Minimum Skill Level Requires Cloud Camp completion (see our Course Listings) Prep Work Cloud Camp: standard Ruby on the Beach curriculum Placement Test No Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Ruby On The Beach scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityNo eligibility restrictions.
- Project Camp (Bali)
0 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.