rockit-bootcamp-logo

Rockit Bootcamp

Phoenix

Rockit Bootcamp

Rockit is an immersive, 12-week web development bootcamp in Phoenix and California. Rockit teaches beginners skills to become entry level web developers. Graduates of the bootcamp will be proficient in HTML5, JavaScript, CSS3, jQuery, PHP, and MySQL. Students are taught by experienced instructors who are current web developers with great connections to local Phoenix employers. Rockit does not guarantee jobs, but does emphasize career exploration through events like networking, meetups, job searching, resume writing, and interview practice. The course culminates in a career day with web development agencies and employers.

Recent Rockit Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.55

all (11) reviews for Rockit Bootcamp →

Recent Rockit Bootcamp News

• Full Stack Web Development

MySQL, HTML, PHP, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    Phoenix
    RockIT Bootcamp is an immersive, 12‐week bootcamp in web development. This full‐time program focuses on building hands‐on skills using real world examples and projects. It teaches the skills you need to be successful as an entry level web development professional. Learn from our experienced instructors – web developers who are working closely with local employers – so that RockIT can help meet the growing demand for full‐stack web developers.
    A series of introductory projects including basic HTML, Sublime Text Editor, and Git Source Control
    Interview

• Anonymous • Junior Dev • Graduate

I always thought programming was above me.  I had great instructors at Rockit who were able to present material in a digestible way and pushed hard for me to learn and grow constantly.  It was a seriously great experience and I would recommend it to anyone looking to get into programming.

• Scott • Student

If you're like me, then you're probably reading this because you recently learned about the whole coding bootcamp concept and wanted to see if there is one in Phoenix.

And seeing as how Rockit is the only available Phoenix bootcamp (the "Alchemy Labs" one looks like it did't quite make it to launch) you're probably giving it a little extra scrutiny because you don't want to settle just because it happens to be in Phoenix.

And if you're like me you're probably seeing the long list of glowing reviews on this page and actually getting more skeptical because it seems a little too good to be true and almost as if they were all given some incentive to leave the best possible review for the bootcamp.

And if you're as cynical a guy as I am you probably stalked found some of these reviewers' LinkedIn pages and discovered a lot of them work or worked for the Apollo Group, which owns the University of Phoenix and other private schools you heard some shady things about and just so happens to own the very Rockit bootcamp you're researching, and flags are being raised in your head.

Well, if you're like me you're probably going to apply anyways in spite of your misgivings, but I'll go ahead and tell you the one thing you want to know most, the one thing I wanted to know most when I was in your shoes:

Rockit is legit. It's not a scam or some kind of money cult or any other kind of scheme. There are no tricks. It does what it says it does.

Oh, and those Apollo employees who left reviews? They're from the inaugural pilot class, which was experimental and free and because of that it makes sense internal employees volunteered. I've met a few of them, they're nice folks (hi, Kris!). No twisting of the arm or coercing students to leave positive reviews aside from "Hey could you guys leave a review at that one site" on the last day. I can't speak to the University of Phoenix or any other part of the Apollo organization but I got nothing but genuine vibes during my time in class.

There. That's probably all you need, but I'll go ahead and give a few more notes since I know there are some people hungry for details:

If you're local, the Phoenix location is very convenient, but in some ways it can be a disadvantage, too. Part of what makes the bootcamp model effective is the immersion aspect, and staying in your hometown can pop the bootcamp bubble, so-to-speak, especially if you have friends or family who don't 'get' what you're trying to do and want to carry on as if you're taking just any ordinary class or job. If you have any sort of learning disability or cognitive impairment (no matter how minor), you are going to have a tougher time with this course than the average person, even if you know how to deal with it. I know conventional wisdom is don't bring it up unless you need a specific accomodation, but there's no harm in sharing here and they run through the material fast. And for pete's sake if you need medication make sure well in advance that you can get it when you need it. Doctors go on vacations... sometimes two months in a row! The instructors, individually, are excellent. They're smart, experienced professionals that are eager to help (sometimes a little too eager). There were a couple moments where I felt like they weren't all on the same page as far as coursework/ plans but they caught themselves and clarified things. On that note, there's a certain fluidity to the curriculum and schedule; while there weren't any drastic changes that I can recall, somehow you get a sense that one day you could walk in and the instructors will say "we had a meeting and we thought class would go better if we did it like this". Personally I appreciated this as I felt there was always a genuine effort to tailor the course to students' needs, but I know some students would have liked a more set-in-stone feeling. One aspect of the bootcamp I think is a little overlooked in the press/ public material is the opportunity to network: nearly every week guest speakers from local employers visit and Rockit hosts cozy networking events complete with beer and wine to help you get your schmooze on. I only started my LinkedIn page about a month ago and I already have 100+ contacts and my rolodex is nearly full.

I've already written a book so I'll leave it at that. If you're in Phoenix or nearby and set on joining a bootcamp there's no reason not to go with Rockit. I don't think it's perfect (what is?), but if you're like me, you'd probably just be more incredulous if I said it was, wouldn't you?

• Kristin Dragos • Web Developer • Graduate

I came into the program with no knowledge of coding. It's hard to belive but Rockit really changed my life. Not only have I gained more confidence in myself, but I also learned how to code!

If you're reading this because you're thinking about taking the program, don't think about it. Apply, work hard and you will suceed!

• RockIT Bootcamp
    - 4/4/2015
    Justin Leon • Developer

RockIT is not only a place where you learn how to code, it is a community where you grow and learn to think differently and become a better human.  I can't thank RockIT Bootcamp enough, my life is changed forever.

• Jaylyn Dawson • Ux Designer • Graduate

I'm very proud of the time I spent taking this course. The instructors took the time to teach us everything from the very basics of a computer to the more complex interactions of how a website displays on a screen. For me learning Javascript was a huge step I hadn't been able to really understand until I worked with the bootcamp instructors and now I get it. But, they don't just teach you to code they teach you the soft skills of interviewing and resume writing which makes you more confident when you have to try and find a job. I had 2 real interviews while still attending the bootcamp and then 1 after it. I ended up accepting the offer from one of the companies I interviewed with while I was still attending. I'm very happy about my experience at the RockIT and I would absolutely recommend it to a friend.

• RockIT review
    - 10/17/2014
    Nir Cohen • Software developer • Graduate

This was the best decision of my life. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is interested in learning to program, starting a new career as a developer, and truly changing their life.

• Bryant Garvin
    - 9/15/2014
    Bryant Garvin • Graduate

As part of the inaugural class RockIT helped me pull my years of online marketing experience and put them to better use by learning the code that makes the online world run. If nothing else helping me understand JavaScript, JQuery etc helped give me a huge foundation to work with some specific programs (AdWords Scripts) that I can use on the daily. Anybody looking to get in depth, and real life applicable knowledge shouldn't hesitate to jump into a RockIt Bootcamp if one is available near you.

• Danny Palmer • Graduate

I am a graduate of the RockIT Bootcamp in Phoenix. I had no previous experience in programming before entering the course, but was always interested in making websites. In 12 weeks, RockIT Bootcamp didn't only gave me all the skills I needed to make websites, but they taught me the soft skills I needed to get hired and be a successful developer. Within the first week of graduating I was already getting job offers.

• Kris Faultner • Graduate

I really enjoyed the RockIT Bootcamp in Phoenix. Before I started, I had no technical experience. RockIT provided me the tools and instruction I needed to be successful as a new developer. One of the things that sets RockIT apart, and helped me land a position quickly, was to have different employers involved throughout the program. I found it valuable to have employers invited to not only meet RockIT students after class each week, but also participate in mock interviews and sit in on presentation panels. This gave employers and students the ability to get to know each other outside of the interview process. When it came to interviewing for positions, it allowed us, as new developers, to be more comfortable and less nervous. It also gave employers the opportunity to see the students in action before it came to the interview process. On the last day of class, I had already been set up for multiple interviews and been offered a position. A win-win for all!

• Fredrick Dominy • Graduate

As a graduate of RockIT Bootcamp (inaugural class) I can tell you that this bootcamp is facilitated by industry professionals with one goal in mind; to make you immediately hirable upon graduation. They helped bridge the gap from my previous profession, they taught me how to perform in a technical interview, and they taught me how to become a competent, productive developer. After graduation, I moved from Phoenix to Seattle and within one week had interviews and face to face meetings with connections inside the major Seattle Tech companies. By the following Friday I accepted a position at a fantastic company making an industry competitive salary with full benefits. This has been the most rewarding professional experience of my life, thanks to RockIT Bootcamp, its staff, and my fellow students.