Participants do not have to have any prior experience writing code, but students are required to complete 40-60 hours of online pre-work.
PunchCode is powered by Tech Impact, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. Classes are held in the Arts District in Downtown Las Vegas.
Recent PunchCode Reviews: Rating 4.9
Recent PunchCode News
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
10 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
Punchcode is a school that gets individuals of all previous backgrounds and skill level in programming, and turns them into junior developers. This is through a rigorious 12 weeks of learning, headache, and a lot of coffee. The tools provided by the staff and instructors, Josh, Mario, and Mike and Ryan are some of the best. The instructors, Mike and Ryan, understand that everyone grasps information differently, so they offer 1 on 1's. These sessions are an opportuntiy to have the instructor explain and help you with any sort of problem you are having. At some point you will need one of them, and I suggest you use them to the fullest. The curriculum is a difficult one indeed and its not something that should be taken lightly. When the staff and instructors ask if you are ready, they do mean it. However, the 24/7 access of the facility is a huge plus. You and other cohort memebers can meet up and review, and finish up those weekend assignments at any time. Other than the learning experience, Josh and Mario give so much opportunity to meet with professionals. Whether that being with senior developers, techincal teams, or with a few CEO's. One peice of advice I can give you is go to all the events, meet-ups, and demo day's they offer. They provide so much useful information and you never now who will be at them.
Anyway, Punchcode, a great choice, and I believe any one of these previous students would say the same.
- From brain pain to relief- 12/20/2019Alex Mitchell • Graduate • Course: Front End Development • Campus: Las Vegas • Verified via LinkedIn
Punch Code is a coding school that has you put on heavy weights and has you climbing up a mountain on day 1. Going through the course is quite the journey, alot of times you'll find your self working overtime and still leaving with brain pain. However, once you climb to the top of the mountain and finish the course, you start to see that those hours of blood, sweat, and tears will of pushed you well on your way to becoming a true developer. Punch Code though rigorous has been one of the best things I've done on my way to becoming a developer. Because of all the hard work put it, unlike some other methods of learning your self it both gives you displine and a better perspective for the real world. If you are ever looking to become a developer or even just to pick up some web based skills, Punch Code is one of the best schools you could go to. Outside of the hard work it will also introduce you to a workplace enviorment that is super friendly and inviting, while also providing you with new perspective.
- I learned so much!- 9/28/2019Nova Alario • Product Owner • Graduate • Course: Front End Development • Campus: Las Vegas • Verified via LinkedIn
- Can't Do Better!- 2/12/2019Victor Isiah Velasquez • Front-End Developer • Graduate • Course: Front End Development • Campus: Las Vegas • Verified via GitHub
Mike and Ryan are awesome!! One of the best educational experiences I've had. If you're considering leveling up your career and entering the tech field, I highly recommend giving PunchCode a go.
In addition to providing an excellent curriculum, they have career specialists on call and regular lunch-and-learns throughout the program to get you acclimated to the extensive professional network available to you.
The best part to me is having 24/7 access to the centrally located facility for life!
- One of the best decisions of my life- 12/21/2019Mitchell Rhoads • Graduate • Course: Front End Development • Campus: Las Vegas
i don’t know where to start. I have to much to say regarding the teachers, the administrators, the mentors, my fellow students and former graduates of this course.
I was expecting a good course that got me up to speed with coding and would give me a good starting point to continue to the next level.
I have to say that PunchCode IS the next level. It took me from knowing practically nothing about coding to being extremely confident in my newly attained skills. The administration really does go above and beyond for all of the students and brings in some truly amazing guest speakers to give you more insight to the tech community.
Not only that, they host events to help with networking, encourage you to reach out to potential employers and give you some much needed guidance.
The instructors at PunchCode are truly amazing, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They are always there to help you understand the curriculum and Push you to do better. I can’t remember a problem that I was working on that they weren’t able to help point me in the right direction on.
On top of all of that, they give you access to the building 24/7 and some very amazing professional mentors that are a wealth of knowledge and some very real connections to the tech industry in Las Vegas.
Along with the professional mentors, several of the former graduates take time out of their own schedules to help the new students with projects and problems they are working on and it is one of the best ways to get a deeper understanding of what you are learning because you know they have gone through the same program.
Overall I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to have attended this school and very excited for the future. The connections and friends that I have made throughout this program have become a part of my life and I am very happy about that. This school is definitely playing a huge part in shaping the future of the tech industry in Las Vegas.
- Turned my life around!- 10/1/2019Tyler Brow • Graduate • Course: Front End Development • Campus: Las Vegas
Probably one of the most difficult, challenging, yet rewarding experiences of my life! I came to this school with no previous experience in coding, and left with a new sense of drive. The course was very fun and engaging, while the instructors helped push us to new understandings. I came into this course in debt, desperetly seeking a change in my life. Now here I am, a couple months after the course, with a full time job and a path that i've set for myself for success using the tools givin to me by the amazing people at PunchCode.
- Phenomenal Course!- 9/26/2019Jacob Ierome • Student • Course: Front End Development • Campus: Las Vegas
I started with bare minimum knowledge for coding and this course took me to above and beyond in my skillset. I would reccomend this course to anyone who is interested in learning how to code. Not only are the instructors (Mike and Ryan) are AWESOME, but the curriculum is designed to teach you new and modern technologies. I don't have one complaint about this course. Even after graduating, the staff follows up with me to check up on my journey after the course. Couldn't be more thankful for the whole PunchCode Team!
- Mason Cable- 2/6/2019Mason Cable • Front end developer • Graduate • Course: Front End Development • Campus: Las Vegas
- Second Cohort Graduate- 10/11/2018Austin Kuehne • Graduate • Course: Front End Development • Campus: Las Vegas
PunchCode is great for people who love learning at an extremely fast pace. My experience is that it was one of the hardest things I've done in my life, mentally. This is the only coding bootcamp in Vegas picked up from a previous bootcamp that closed called "Iron Yard". Their were two teachers. Those being Mike and Ryan. They have been the best teachers and mentors I've ever had. They were very understanding at how hard this is and they have a sincere passion for teaching. The course material teaches you everything you need to know about being a developer. They teach you how to teach yourself and they help you along the way. Afterwards, you have to look for a job. The teachers here are very well known throughout the Vegas tech community and they will help you find a job along the way as long as you are actively applying. Last thing I would like to add is that the teachers will always be an open resource to use and will never just throw you out once you graduate.