level-effect-logo

Level Effect

Online, San Antonio

Level Effect

Level Effect is a 13-week, live online Cyber Defense Analyst bootcamp. Cyber Defense Analyst instructors have a combined 20 years of experience as intelligence analysts, offensive and defensive cyber operators, and software developers within the National Security Agency. Students will learn by solving cyber attack and defense scenarios in a virtual enterprise network.

The Cyber Defense Analyst bootcamp curriculum covers cybersecurity, networking, and networking communications. Bootcamp students will learn about the services and protocols of Windows enterprise networks, including how to manage, configure, and harden roles and policies against network attack. Students will learn advanced Linux OS, Windows OS, security operations, and SIEM. Bootcamp students are taught how to utilize the intelligence analysis process used by the U.S. Intelligence community. Students learn adversary tactics, threat hunting, network and computer forensics, memory, malware analysis, and cloud security. In the bootcamp’s final week, students will take on the role of a Cyber Defense Analyst for a professional capstone project.

Level Effect Cyber Defense Analyst bootcamp is designed for those interested in entering the cybersecurity field, IT personnel who need to know how to defend networks from attack, and manager and operations personnel who require a deeper technical understanding of Cyber Defense. Bootcamp students will have the opportunity to earn a Cyber Defense Certified Professional (CDCP) certificate.

Recent Level Effect Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (2) reviews for Level Effect →

Recent Level Effect News

• Cyber Defense Analyst

Linux, Networking
    Start Date October 12, 2020
    The Cyber Defense Analyst bootcamp curriculum covers cybersecurity, networking, and networking communications. Bootcamp students will learn about the services and protocols of Windows enterprise networks, including how to manage, configure, and harden roles and policies against network attack. Students will learn advanced Linux OS, Windows OS, security operations, and SIEM. Bootcamp students are taught how to utilize the intelligence analysis process used by the U.S. Intelligence community. Students learn adversary tactics, threat hunting, network and computer forensics, memory, malware analysis, and cloud security. In the bootcamp’s final week, students will take on the role of a Cyber Defense Analyst for a professional capstone project. This bootcamp is taught live online, and classes happen Monday through Thursday from 7PM - 9PM CT. Bootcamp students will have the opportunity to earn a Cyber Defense Certified Professional (CDCP) certificate.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe bootcamp is designed for those interested in entering the cybersecurity field, IT personnel who need to know how to defend networks from attack, and manager and operations personnel who require a deeper technical understanding of Cyber Defense.
    October 12, 2020 - Online
    January 25, 2021 - Online
  • Will N  User Photo
    Will N • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am currently enrolled in the CDA course and am about 6 weeks into the three month program; I can already see a huge difference in my knowledge base. The course is about a 30/70 split between online video content and labs (including labs with instructors) which is a refreshing change of pace for online learning. Be ready to engage!

Both Greg and Rob are knowledgable, personable, and always available to answer any relevant questions. Believe me, you will have questions.

The course is fast-paced and offers challenging labs that will force you to think critically and put yourself into the shoes of a cyber threat actor. As a student studying for my Security+ exam , I believe this course has better contextualized the Security+ content and has prepared me for the exam better than any other course I've been able to find. Everyone in IT should take this course!
  • Current Student
    - 7/31/2020
    Keep in mind I am leaving this review as a current Student who has not yet completed the course. I am enrolled in the first ever Level Effect course being taught by the Owners of Level Effect. The instructors not only know the craft at an extremely advanced level, but they teach it very well. I have 0 Cyber Security experience. The only knowledge I have is from 1 networking class I had taken in college, and from reading the security + study guide. I came into this class very nervous not knowing what to expect. And it definitely was very frustrating very fast when very high level concepts are being discussed that I do not understand. It definitely can be enough to make a person want to give up. Cyber Security is not something easy to get into in life, but nothings really easy in life. I stuck through it and after getting through all the mud I have been shown how to find malware. Its only been a month in this class and I have already gained so much information in this class. We are getting into topics that I did not expect to get into until the end of the course. Only makes me excited for whats to come. I've had bad experiences with schools and similar boot camps because not only do they not teach the material very well, they speed through it at the speed of light. Level Effect instructors literally go above and beyond to teach you the information like a teacher should. You could ask the dumbest question and they will go into the most in depth explanation about it to make sure that you understand it. They go above and beyond to make sure the information they are teaching is being received and makes sense. Not only that they definitely show that they care about your success. The instructors are already helping me make my resume to start applying to jobs. Level Effect has promised me that if I am able to pass their certification exam, it proves that I am capable to defend an enterprises network. And having a skill like that is more than enough to help me get my foot in the door to get a job interview. However anything can definitely happen and for all I know maybe I am truly not good enough to pass the final. However The instructors definitely help motivate me to make me think I can do it. Once I have completed this course I will leave a review as to if my thoughts and feelings to this course remain the same. But from the one month I have been in this course, I am glad this was the bootcamp I had decided to take, and it is every bit worth the money.