level-effect-logo

Level Effect

Online, San Antonio

Level Effect

Level Effect is a premier training provider of cyber security courses that offers a 13-week, part-time, live online Cyber Defense Analyst bootcamp. Using the Foundry cyber learning platform, students engage in a hands-on immersive environment to learn, practice, and master the necessary skills and tradecraft to both attack and defend networks. The members and instructors of Level Effect come from deep technical backgrounds within the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to include the National Security Agency (NSA). Level Effect’s courses are designed to be highly technical and hands-on by going beyond conceptual exposure of topics and focusing on solving real-world challenges and problems faced by organizations every day.

The Cyber Defense Analyst (CDA) bootcamp ensures that students go beyond comprehension and a fundamental ability to use cyber tools, in order to master the analytical and complex scenarios facing organizations every day as they battle evolving and advanced adversaries. Students will be challenged throughout the course, which culminates with the Cyber Defense Certified Professional Capstone where students skills will be tested. In this bootcamp, students will validate their skills and ability to perform on the job with real systems, networks, data, and challenges. Students will learn Windows, Linux, Networking, Forensics, Malware Analysis, Threat Hunting, Threat Intelligence, Hacking, Network Defense, Incident Response, Security Operations, and PowerShell. The CDA bootcamp curriculum provides the necessary knowledge and skills required for certification completion in: Cybersecurity, Networking, Windows Enterprise Networks, Advanced Windows OS, Security Operations, Linux OS, Adversary Tactics, Network and Computer Forensics, Memory and Malware Analysis, Threat Hunting, and Cloud Security. Students should be prepared to dedicate 15 hours a week to the bootcamp, and class is held Monday through Friday from 7PM-9PM CST.

Level Effect Cyber Defense Analyst bootcamp is designed for those interested in entering the cybersecurity field, IT personnel who need to know how to defend networks from attack, and manager and operations personnel who require a deeper technical understanding of Cyber Defense. Bootcamp students will have the opportunity to earn a Cyber Defense Certified Professional (CDCP) certificate.

Recent Level Effect Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (6) reviews for Level Effect →

Recent Level Effect News

• Cyber Defense Analyst

Linux, Networking
    Start Date January 25, 2021
    The Cyber Defense Analyst bootcamp curriculum covers cybersecurity, networking, and networking communications. Bootcamp students will learn about the services and protocols of Windows enterprise networks, including how to manage, configure, and harden roles and policies against network attack. Students will learn advanced Linux OS, Windows OS, security operations, and SIEM. Bootcamp students are taught how to utilize the intelligence analysis process used by the U.S. Intelligence community. Students learn adversary tactics, threat hunting, network and computer forensics, memory, malware analysis, and cloud security. In the bootcamp’s final week, students will take on the role of a Cyber Defense Analyst for a professional capstone project. This bootcamp is taught live online, and classes happen Monday through Thursday from 7PM - 9PM CT. Bootcamp students will have the opportunity to earn a Cyber Defense Certified Professional (CDCP) certificate.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe bootcamp is designed for those interested in entering the cybersecurity field, IT personnel who need to know how to defend networks from attack, and manager and operations personnel who require a deeper technical understanding of Cyber Defense.
    January 25, 2021 - Online
  • Robert P  User Photo
    Robert P • Cyber Security Defense Apprentice • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a 2x college drop out who has already spent at least $8,000 on education prior to taking this course. I can now say I have finished the level effect course There are some bumps on the road as it is a start up company. There were there fair share of bugs with their foundry platform, that they made sure was always fixed as soon as being brought up to them. And if you felt they had not gone over the content you had wanted enough for your educational experience, if you voiced this concern to them, they make sure the next class to cover this topic in depth. In fact there were numerous occasions the instructors stayed on with me after class to help me understand complex topics. Level Effect staff go above and beyond not only for the benefit of their company, but for your own success. After speaking with anyone from Level Effect, you would see how passionate they truly are about this, and how extremely knowledgeable as well. I can say I have definitely learned far more at Level effect than I did during my time in college. I would of had to spend a lot more money at college to get access to the same level of information that Level Effect has provided me.

For $8,000,
    Level Effect has taught me multiple  useful Cyber Security skills: I know how to threat hunt a windows system for malware and conduct Binary Analysis, I can triage a network for malicious activity utilizing tools such as Wireshark and through log analysis. I already had a base understanding of networking from the 1 year of college at Western Illinois University and 1 year at community college I had taken, However they taught in a week more information than I had gotten than in a year at either place. I now have a strong understanding of networking concepts. Largely due to the fast pace atmosphere of college, I feel the 1 on one teacher time offered with this made the learning experience monumentally better for me. I had a little bit of linux experience from my own research struggling to use Kali Linux, but now because of this class I have a pretty good understanding of using a linux box. I Also have very high level windows knowledge now thanks to this class and now know how to set up a network domain for a business, setting up file sharing servers, DNS and DC servers, also I can set up group and user policy objects. I got experience with all sorts of tools, and I learned about a wide variety of cyber security attacks, how they are conducted, ways they are prevented. Not only do I have the knowledge, but I now also have the confidence to walk into an interview and actually explain what I've done and how I can help them with their business. This is all thanks to the resources, and staff of Level Effect. If this all sounds like things you want to do then you should take this class. They have helped me the best they can with my job search, crafting my resume, giving me tips, and sharing me on linkedin. So far I have had 2 jobs interviews that so far I have been turned down for. Apparently they both had went with a candidate with a lot more SOC experience. Which is fair, but kind of makes me SMH they arent applying for higher level roles with the experience they possess. Regardless I will not let this stop me in my pursuit to become a Cyber security Analyst. And the only reason I can begin this journey is x100000000 because of Level Effect. I am only writing this review because I am genuinely grateful to Level Effect for the path they have put me on, and I believe they deserve the recognition.
  • A.D.  User Photo
    A.D. • Analyst • Verified via LinkedIn
    Level Effect’s Cyber Defense Analyst virtual bootcamp provides an excellent well-rounded course that begins with a high-level overview on Cyber Security essentials and finishes with threat hunting and reverse engineering malware. Each iteration of material intertwines with past and future lessons that provided us with a more complete picture on what to look for and how it is affecting our networks.
    The pilot class did have some growing pains, but Greg Ake and Robert Noeth always made themselves available to answer any questions and respond to student feedback. This is an excellent class for beginner to intermediate level SOC analyst that are looking for some great hands-on experience and group collaboration. I really enjoyed this class and the instructors. I am look forward to what Level Effect will offer up next!

• Will N  User Photo
    Will N • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am currently enrolled in the CDA course and am about 6 weeks into the three month program; I can already see a huge difference in my knowledge base. The course is about a 30/70 split between online video content and labs (including labs with instructors) which is a refreshing change of pace for online learning. Be ready to engage!

Both Greg and Rob are knowledgable, personable, and always available to answer any relevant questions. Believe me, you will have questions.

The course is fast-paced and offers challenging labs that will force you to think critically and put yourself into the shoes of a cyber threat actor. As a student studying for my Security+ exam , I believe this course has better contextualized the Security+ content and has prepared me for the exam better than any other course I've been able to find. Everyone in IT should take this course!
  • William Tronvig • GIS Consultant • Student
    I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to change their career or expand upon their existing knowledge base. Greg and Rob deliver a rewarding experience and extremely applicable product that assists with students' understanding and comprehension of a challenging and lucrative field.
    Having taken several bootcamps myself, I can say with utmost certainty that the ease of use of their platform makes the "learning part" much less of a burden. Some of the biggest hurdles with most bootcamps or online courses are the technical difficulties aspects, the issues of not being in a traditional classroom, and taking the time to put in the effort when working from home.
    With Level Effect, this was not an issue. The LMS that they've created allows students to navigate the material very quickly. The instructors make themselves available to troubleshoot any problems you have. They take the time to explain difficult concepts in detail. Most importantly, they genuinely want you to succeed.
    Trust me. If you're considering your cybersecurity bootcamp options, you should put Level Effect at the top of your list. You will not regret the rewarding experiences, camaraderie, and, most importantly, the skillsets you will obtain throughout your adventure! Thank you again, Greg and Rob!
  • John Brennan • Information Security Analyst • Student
    I was incredibly amazed with both the professionalism that Greg and Rob showed during this class as well as the guidance they provided through it, this course is both challenging and enticing, I’ve never been so motivated before by a class. I would highly recommend this class to anyone interested in cyber security. Greg and Rob are definitely two of the most incredible people I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting. I can never thank them enough.
  • Current Student
    - 7/31/2020
    Keep in mind I am leaving this review as a current Student who has not yet completed the course. I am enrolled in the first ever Level Effect course being taught by the Owners of Level Effect. The instructors not only know the craft at an extremely advanced level, but they teach it very well. I have 0 Cyber Security experience. The only knowledge I have is from 1 networking class I had taken in college, and from reading the security + study guide. I came into this class very nervous not knowing what to expect. And it definitely was very frustrating very fast when very high level concepts are being discussed that I do not understand. It definitely can be enough to make a person want to give up. Cyber Security is not something easy to get into in life, but nothings really easy in life. I stuck through it and after getting through all the mud I have been shown how to find malware. Its only been a month in this class and I have already gained so much information in this class. We are getting into topics that I did not expect to get into until the end of the course. Only makes me excited for whats to come. I've had bad experiences with schools and similar boot camps because not only do they not teach the material very well, they speed through it at the speed of light. Level Effect instructors literally go above and beyond to teach you the information like a teacher should. You could ask the dumbest question and they will go into the most in depth explanation about it to make sure that you understand it. They go above and beyond to make sure the information they are teaching is being received and makes sense. Not only that they definitely show that they care about your success. The instructors are already helping me make my resume to start applying to jobs. Level Effect has promised me that if I am able to pass their certification exam, it proves that I am capable to defend an enterprises network. And having a skill like that is more than enough to help me get my foot in the door to get a job interview. However anything can definitely happen and for all I know maybe I am truly not good enough to pass the final. However The instructors definitely help motivate me to make me think I can do it. Once I have completed this course I will leave a review as to if my thoughts and feelings to this course remain the same. But from the one month I have been in this course, I am glad this was the bootcamp I had decided to take, and it is every bit worth the money.