learn-academy-logo

LEARN Academy

San Diego

LEARN Academy

LEARN Academy is a 3-month web development bootcamp, with a 1-month internship, in San Diego, California. Aimed at helping students transform their interest in programming into a career, the curriculum focuses on JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, React, Git, GitHub, Pair Programming, and more. LEARN Academy is a hands-on, intensive course with daily exercises and coding challenges, landmark skill assessments, industry guest speakers and expert classroom instruction to keep students challenged every day.

After three 3 months of instruction, each student interns at a local San Diego-based tech company to apply their new skills in a real-world work environment and make valuable connections in the industry. As well as teaching students how to code, LEARN covers everything students need to know to land that first job in tech – writing resumes, developing a portfolio, negotiating a good salary, preparing for interviews, learning how to network, and setting up a LinkedIn profile. Even after graduates get that first job, LEARN will help develop your career through ongoing support, alumni events, and additional training.

Recent LEARN Academy Reviews: Rating 4.52

all (33) reviews for LEARN Academy →

Recent LEARN Academy News

Read all (7) articles about LEARN Academy →
  • Full Time Web Developer Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    LocationSan Diego
    For three months, you'll spend every weekday from 9 am to 5 pm in our classroom learning how to be a web developer. We'll start the curriculum with the basics, then slowly introduce new concepts. Every day, we'll teach you something new and then you'll get to apply what you learned in a coding challenge. Our curriculum focuses on JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, React, Git, GitHub, Pair Programming, and more. At the end of the boot camp, you will get a month-long internship at a local tech company in San Diego. Guaranteed. The internship is a critical component of your time at LEARN where you will get to apply the new skills you've learned, make new and valuable connections, and expand your web development skills. At LEARN, we don't just teach you to code. We teach you how to find a job. We'll teach you everything you need to know to land that first job. Writing resumes, developing your portfolio, negotiating a good salary, preparing for interviews, learning how to network, setting up your LinkedIn profile, and much more. And, even after you get that first job, LEARN will help you develop your career through ongoing support, alumni events, and additional training.
    Deposit$500.00
    Financing available through SkillsFund and Affirm.
    ScholarshipWe are now offering partial Scholarships & Military Discounts
    Minimum Skill LevelMostly we find that the best candidates are students who have been learning on their own via online learning for a few months. They are now at the point where they want to take the next step.
    Prep WorkWe ask our students to complete some exercises on HTML/CSS and JavaScript.
  • Jumpstart Weekend Bootcamp

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Front End
    LocationSan Diego
    Jumpstart is an introduction to modern web development boiled down to a single weekend where you will learn the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Whether you need an introduction to programming, or you are thinking about studying online, or you're thinking about doing a fulltime bootcamp program, Jumpstart will help you figure out your next step. We provide everything you need for the weekend. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided, along with beverages and snacks. You just need to bring your curiosity! Ready to LEARN more? When you enroll as a student in a fulltime bootcamp program at LEARN after finishing your Jumpstart bootcamp, we'll credit the full amount of your Jumpstart tuition towards the price of your fulltime bootcamp.
    Deposit$499.00

2 Scholarships

• $500 LEARN Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive LEARN Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers. & No eligibility restrictions.

• Full Time Web Developer Bootcamp (San Diego)
  • $500 LEARN Academy Scholarship

• All courses in San Diego

• Changed My Life
    - 5/24/2018
    Nico D'Amico  User Photo
    Nico D'Amico • Junior Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended LEARN Academy in 2018 or their Alpha cohort from January to May. Two days before starting LEARN I had my last shift at the deli I worked at the time. Four months later I was signing an offer letter with the words 'Software Engineer' in the opening paragraph. LEARN can absolutely change your life, but only if you jump in the deep end.

MY STORY
    I started LEARN with about 50-60 hours of self study, much of it directed by the prep work for the course. I knew that I had to dedicate as much time as possible to the endeavor much because it felt like my last chance to really change my life for the better. I said goodbye to most of my friends and told them I'd see them when I had accomplished my goal. I saw my family once a week, and did yoga twice a week, and those were my anchors. Everything else that I had to give went towards class. It didn't happen overnight, but every week I put more and more time in.

By week 4 I was going to events 2 to 3 nights a week. By week 7 some classmates and I attended a 12 hour hackacthon on a Saturday, and placed. We won 'Most Innovative'. Nearly every Saturday thereafter a group of use went to study at LEARN for 4-5 hours.

When it came time for internship placement I gravitated towards an internship at Kitu Systems, a green energy company looking for a intern to do primarily functional testing in Cypress. On the fourth week of my internship they offered me a position. I'm now officially a Software Engineer (at least that's what it says in my job description).

I'm writing this review two weeks into my new job, and frankly I walk around my office with a big goofy smile half the time because I'm so grateful to have 'made it', but the truth is that I'm not done, no in this field ever is. You will always be learning and improving on your craft (I spend an entire workday last week just reading AngularJS technical documentation).

Not everyone will get a job right out of the gate. Many of my classmates are still looking, and from the few dozen alumni I've spoken to I can tell you that some people more naturally gifted that I might have as much as a two month job search before they find their first position. This is not meant to be discouraging, it's just a fact of the industry that job hunting can take time.

DO THE WORK
    LEARN Academy provides you all the tools necessary for a sucessful career as a Software Engineer, but they will not force you to use them.
    - There is about 40 to 60 hours worth of prep work to do before the class starts, but they won't turn you away if you don't do any of it.
    - The actual class day at learn goes for 9am to 5pm, and there are no grades and no penalties for being late. If you show up early you can read the days lessosn before hand, and if you stay late you can review it.
    - There are night-time learning and networking events in the LEARN space nearly every week, and in the general downtown area nearly every night, but you are not required to go.
    - There are myriad opportunity to take on extra projects, or continue class projects after school and into the weekend, but you are not required to do so.
    - If you ask the instructors for code reviews of personal projects you do on your own time, they will find a way to get you one, but they won't just offer them  left and right.

CONCLUSION
    LEARN Academy will give you the opportunity to start a career in an ever growing, lucrative, and fascinating industry. It is hard, tiring work, and requires a lot of time, far more than just the 40 hours a week on in-class time. If you can give it %100 of everything you have to give, it will change your life.

• Dante M  User Photo
    Dante M • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Learn Academy is a fast-paced program for getting practical experience with many different relevant technologies in a short amount of time. The immersive portion happens quickly,  students are exposed to Git, data structures, and we were pair programming daily through the day's projects. The curriculum is structured for layering in new technologies, and before you know it, you're familiar with relational databases and doing a deep dive into the inner workings of Rails.

The instructors are fantastic. The student to teacher ratio is very favorable for student-teacher interactions, and they were consistently pivotal in getting me on track with the material on pace to get through the assessments. There is a lot of information, so be 100% prepared to have no life while you're working through the curriculum. I thought 100 hours a week would be an exaggeration, but I was consistently logging 95-100 hours each week studying the material straight through the weekend.

The past four months have been a grueling yet highly rewarding experience. You get out of it what you put into it, and you have to put a lot into it if you want to get through the totality of the curriculum, but at the end, you will have the skills and confidence necessary to land your first position as a developer.

• Christine Benedict  User Photo
    Christine Benedict • Junior Full Stack Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After completing 10 years of military service, I decided to take the plunge and transition into the civilian workforce. I knew that I wanted to go into tech and had always enjoyed dabbling in coding. I also knew that I did not want to invest the time or money to attend a 4-year college to get a computer science degree when I already have a bachelor's.

I decided to investigate bootcamps. I looked at Origin, HackReactor's online program, UCSD and LEARN Academy. All four were comparably priced and offered some sort of veteran discount. LEARN offered a weekend Jumpstart program as a initial trial. It offered the chance to preview the class style without the daunting pricetag. After attending, I was sold.

The course is based around pair programming. While it may not be everyone's style (quite honestly it isn't mine), it's a great environment for learning. If you're stuggling through a section, your peers can help explain as you work through a problem. If you understand how to solve a problem, you can teach your peers and further cement your understanding of the topic. There is a reason why the instructors stick to the format. It works.

Another thing that the instructors will stress is learning how to solve problems on your own. They will try to lead you to where you can find answers but try to put the onus on the student to actually solve it. This style can be understandably frustrating for some people initially but it is hands down the best way to become accustomed to the reality of engineering. In this job you will constantly be faced with new concepts and no instructor. Becoming a pro at understanding documentation and tracking errors through your code is an essential software engineering skill.

As to the price tag... you have to think about what you are paying for. Can you learn everything on your own online through practice and tutorials? Absolutely. Could I have gotten to where I am today by doing that? Definitely not. I needed the focus, immersion, and guidance provided by LEARN. I needed a place to go every day which pushed my learning pace forward. I needed peers and instructors who held me accountable for the effort I needed to put in. I also needed the internship to solidify what life looked like as a developer.

I would highly recommend LEARN to anyone wanting to pursue a software engineering career. I would also encourage everyone to do their due diligence to learn what that career is really like. Go to Jumpstart. Do some tutorials online beforehand. Make the commitment to put in the effort. I got hired by my internship company and work on some really cool stuff now as an engineer. I love my job and I have LEARN to thank for making it possible.

• Data Engineer
    - 12/12/2018
    CJ  User Photo
    CJ • Data Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Being at LEARN Academy not only kept me motivated to cram months and months of full stack development knowledge within a short period of time, but the staff and leadership shared past experiences and lessons learned as a developer, offered mentorship, and provided access to the invaluable network within San Diego. I cannot thank LEARN Academy enough to allow me to switch from being a healthcare management consultant to a data engineer within a few months, which ultimately allowed me to achieve my goal of being within the software industry and actually making a difference. While I am done with my boot camp experience at LEARN Academy, I know that I will keep them involved in my current and future plans and help them continue their amazing efforts within the San Diego community.

• Best Decision
    - 4/26/2018
    Joshua Cumpian  User Photo
    Joshua Cumpian • Lead Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Attending LEARN Academy was one of the best, most satisfying decisions I've ever made for the growth of my career. I spent a few months researching the coding bootcamp I wanted to attend. I remember scouring the internet for reviews on every possible bootcamp. Some seemed too focused on just shoving people through the curriculum or not being worth the money in one way or another. Online bootcamps seemed way too shady and disconnected from the student when this is something where a student NEEDS a mentor to help them get unstuck. Learning on your own can be done, but can take two years when a person could attend a good bootcamp and get it done in 3 months and pay it off before those 'would of been two years' are over, and now you have a job and experience already before you would of gotten your first job.

Every day I attended LEARN I was completely satisfied with my experience. The instructors and owners care about the success that you want to get out of it and will do their best to help you reach your short term and long term goals. If you request additional help, the instructors will without hesitation help you during lunch or after class. They truly care about the student - especially the student who takes their choice to attend seriously. It's hard to help someone who doesn't pay attention in the first place, or who doesn't put any effort in.

There is a lot of hard working successful students that come out of LEARN that land in awesome jobs that wouldn't be possible if they hadn't attended LEARN. If a person does the suggested pre-course work, attends LEARN, works hard to understand the material everyday, asks questions about what they don't understand, there's no doubt that they will land an awesome job and career. A person should go into the school humble, willing to constantly learn (because that's what a developers life will be), and to take it serious. You will get out of it what you put into it. I would gladly answer any questions about my experience and recommend it to anyone who wants to be a developer. A coding bootcamp won't hold your hand as they magically transfer skills into your brain. But they give you the network of people you need, the environment you need, the mentors you need, the internship you need to get some experience, the encouragement you need, and the right direction you need to be successful.

• Veronica   User Photo
    Veronica • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

There is absolutely so much to learn when you are just getting started in web development, and I thought Learn did a great job easing into it the first two weeks and then going full force. It was extremely challenging and takes full-time dedication to get through, but they are there to help you the whole time through. I had a great experience and made awesome friends. I definitely recommend this bootcamp, but only if you are willing to go in 100%. You get what you put in. The one-month internship is also a great way to get started, but it's really up to you after that to put in lots of hard work to get an actual job. They will definitely help and support, but you have to put in tons of time and effort - the first job is the toughest to get! But, as far as bootcamps go, this one is awesome. Highly recommend!!

• Bryan Oster  User Photo
    Bryan Oster • Front End Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Here’s how it happened: With 2 BA’s in the humanities and some tinkering with computers every so often, I really had no knowledge of what computer programming was.  But I’d just been through 10 years of sales to try something more ‘creative,’ and then 7 years working for myself, and now I needed a new career, again.

I’d looked at LEARN Academy once before, and balked.  Fast forward 2 years, and I made the decision to pay the tuition and get through the 16-week JavaScript Web Developer Coding Bootcamp at LEARN, and see what’s what.  Why?  Because I knew that it was something that I wanted to do before I left this Earth.   I’m not (too) old, and I’m not sick, but if not now then when?  When I’m 70?  Sure, maybe, but stars had aligned and it was time.  So I pay, and I go, and I graduate and now it’s late on a Sunday night and I’m typing into my laptop when I should be doing a million other things, but I wanted to write this review so others could know…..that I loved it, and though I am still on my journey to become a software developer, I know in my brain and in my heart that it was the right decision for me.

And now I’m going to speed this up:

Pro’s:

• Instruction was engaging, relevant, current if not bleeding-edge
    • Instructors I had were naturally gifted teachers (knowledgeable, patient, encouraging)
    • Room space was small enough to keep me focused, but big enough to be comfortable and comfortable enough to enjoy it and not view it like a “training” or “being in school.”
    • Other staff were always friendly, available for questions, and basically seemed to enjoy their job of making sure we had what we needed to not only get through the cohort, but then get a job when we were done
    • I loved the downtown location for getting outside for fresh air, coffee, food, whatever
    • Cost - reasonably competitive with other offerings (that don’t include a month long internship to complete the training (non-Jedi, sorry)

Cons:

I honestly can’t really think of any.  In a effort to be as transparent as possible, I know one of the owners and he is a friend, but what I write here doesn’t affect him nor LEARN one way or the other.  I feel like I made some good friends while I was there, but I don’t see these people socially and I’m truthfully not trying to curry favor with anyone.

• We had a few technical glitches - and turned it into a real-life learning event of “something is broken, what do you do now?”
    • Not really a negative but I could have (personally) benefited from a little more review of the checkpoint assessments.  Having said that, when I asked for help, I was always given one-on-one attention until I was comfortable

Whether you’re considering LEARN or any other coding bootcamp, here are some things I’d make sure my past-self knew before staring:

• Get through some HTML/CSS/JavaScript classes on-line, maybe a little command-line training, basic computer stuff.  I did very little and it cannot be understated that this was a mistake.  They told me to do it beforehand, and I sort of did…a little
    • Know that you’re going to be given access to the career or job you want, but you’re going to have to earn it.   The LEARN experience gave me everything I needed to succeed.  It’s just a matter of putting that into practice
    • Start networking for your future job as a developer Day 1.  In fact, start right now
    • Whatever you decide, I wish you well and hope the future brings you much success
  • Krista  User Photo
    Krista • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

A year ago, I was a wedding planner. Today, I am a software engineer at a Fortune 50 company.

People laugh when I tell them that…like they think it must be a joke. Let’s be real: it does sound like a joke. But it’s 100% true, and that is in large part due to my experience at LEARN.

I had a background in math and computer science, but life took me in a different direction, and a few years after college I found myself running my own wedding planning business. Fast forward almost a decade, and I had come to a crossroads. It was time to switch things up, and that meant either pursuing event planning in a different avenue, or returning to my roots. I chose the latter.

Obviously, my college education was outdated and, in the world of tech, pretty much obsolete. I needed some help to get back in the game. So I started to look into boot camps.  I researched my options, and was pretty set on the fact that I was going to have to leave San Diego for several months in order to pursue this dream.  Then I found LEARN.

From the moment I met Rob, Chelsea, Lisa, and the other staff, I knew these were my kind of people. When your interview feels more like catching up with an old friend you just never happened to have met yet, you know you’re in the right spot.  Which is not to say that they don’t take this seriously. It’s called a boot camp for a reason; you will be challenged, at times your brain will be fried, and you will wonder, “what on earth have I gotten myself into?”  But you will also find yourself surrounded by a community of people who are interested in not only seeing you succeed in the course, but who are committed to your overall well-being long after you’ve graduated.

Full disclosure: Everything about my experience wasn’t just peaches and cream. There were difficult personalities to work with. My internship experience was not the perfect fit, and I didn’t get a job from it like I had hoped. It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to turn on the computer on my first day, and I was sure that I’d just made a huge mistake by signing up for this thing…

But it turned out to be the best decision I’ve ever made. LEARN gave me a foundation in web development, and more importantly, taught me how to learn web development. After all, that is what a career in development is all about: constant learning.

Three months after graduating, I interviewed for a software engineering position at a Fortune 50 company. It was a full-day interview with multiple coding challenges and technical interviews with various senior engineers. Because of LEARN, I was confident in my technical skills, and made it through each challenge happy with my performance. I got the job offer that night.  Scratch that. I got a job offer that night which was far beyond what I had let myself hope for.

I’m now six months in to my job, and loving every second of it. I can’t believe I get to do something so fun as a job, and that I get so well paid for it.  Going to LEARN catapulted me into this new career, and I will be forever grateful. Not to mention, I made some incredible friendships with the other students and staff which go far deeper than just working together in tech.

Go to LEARN. Gain an education. Leave with a family.

• Emma  User Photo
    Emma • Junior Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

LEARN was absolutely instrumental in getting me to where I am today. Before I attended LEARN I was stuck in a marketing job with little opportunity for advancement and days full of busywork. Now, I am a junior engineer at the beginning of a (hopefully!) long and productive career. My employment outlook is significantly brighter: I have a better job that's more fun and engaging, pays better, is more stable, has more room for internal growth and advancement, and values my personal and professional growth. And should I ever choose to leave it, there are tons of great opportunities in the industry to move on to other organizations doing exciting work with an ever-evolving technology stack. Changing careers was a big and scary step, and it isn't easy, but LEARN has consistently supported and empowered me to make this change, and that support continues today, more than a year after I graduated from their program.

I decided to attend a bootcamp pretty spur of the moment, and crammed enough of the JavaScript course on Codecademy to be able to complete a programming challenge as a part of my application. After the application was submitted, I interviewed with Chelsea, the CEO, and she made me feel really good about the entire process. I'd been checking out another boot camp in San Diego, but after comparing the technologies I'd be learning, and talking to her about what the experience would be like, I felt very strongly that I wanted to attend LEARN. I found out pretty quickly after that that I'd been admitted, and before class started I got another call from one of their TAs, to talk about my learning style and what to expect from the experience. It was very clear from the beginning how committed their team was to making sure I got the most out of my time there.

The coursework was fast-paced and at times overwhelming. 3 months just isn't enough time to learn it all, and you finish the program with a sense that there's a lot more work to do. However, the biggest value of this program is the process. You learn how to ask questions, and how to search for answers. I spent a lot of time feeling frustrated and like I didn't know what I was doing, but LEARN does a good job of normalizing that discomfort and teaching you to work it without getting discouraged (which is one of the toughest parts of trying to learn something so new and foreign as an adult!). The program uses project-based learning to get you practicing writing code from day 1, and consistent pair programming teaches you how to collaborate and has the added benefit that you're never alone with a problem. The instructors do a great job of balancing giving you the answer versus guiding you to find it on your own via research. LEARN also introduces its students to the agile process, which is widely used in the industry today, and this iterative approach means your project doesn't have to be perfect on the first pass.

After 3 months in the classroom, LEARN placed me in a one-month internship with a local startup. I got to push real code to their production application the first week! My particular internship did leave something to be desired, as the developer who was supposed to be managing me and two of my classmates wasn't very available, and we were assigned tasks and left to pretty much figure them out on our own. So the collaboration skills we'd learned in class and the support of the LEARN community proved to be vital to our success. Our instructors, classmates, and alumni were all just a chat message away, and we used our network a lot to get our work done. Even though I wasn't that well managed, I still learned a lot, and at the end of the internship our boss was impressed with how much we'd accomplished.

After graduation, I was nervous about getting a job, but Lisa, LEARN's outreach coordinator, was diligent about passing on job opportunities to recent alumni, and just about every interview I went on was thanks to her referral. While I was searching for a full-time job she even got me connected to someone who was looking for a part time independent contractor for web development work, so I was working (and practicing my new skills) while I was looking for work! I was hired on for a full time job about 2 1/2 months after finishing my internship.

I can't say enough good things about LEARN. It's honestly changed my life. I'm so, so glad that I attended and that I'm still involved in the ever-growing, ever-supportive LEARN community.

• Steven McFarlane  User Photo
    Steven McFarlane • Senior Software developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had been programming as a hobby and to help in my profession as an internet marketer for several years and wanted to switch to progamming as my career.  After a lot of searching for a bootcamp help with this change in career I found LEARN in San Deigo.  It appeid to me for a few reasons.  I wanted to move back to the San Deigo area where I grew up, the bootcamp focused on full stack development which was what I wanted to do, and it was less expensive than the other bootcamps I was looking at and appling to.

The actual program was fantastic.  The teachers adapted the curriculum to my experience level and really gave me confidence in my ability. Another thing to note is that LEARN is deeply involved in the community and it provided many opportunities to network and meet people in the San Diego Technology community.

After the class part of the bootcamp came the one month internship, which is guaranteed for every student.  Form that internship I got the job I have now and couldn't be happier with how things went.  The staff at LEARN really care about every student and will do everything that they can to help you succeed.

• Software Developer
    - 2/23/2017
    Olivia   User Photo
    Olivia • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If you are looking for a career change, have invested some personal time exploring the field, and are ready to take action - LEARN Academy is the place for you. My time at LEARN was great and I have no regrets. I would not be where I am today without the school so I am forever greatful for this.

I would say the positives are: it is cheaper then most other schools, it was the first school in San Diego, smaller classes, one-on-one attention, internship for the last month for real life experience, and we had group projects which really prepared me for the real world.

Cons: the head teacher was difficult to work with at times and you had to be prepared to teach yourself if he didn't want to help you, I wish we spent more time on Ruby and Javascript and less time on everything else.

• Lea Ann Bradford  User Photo
    Lea Ann Bradford • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended LEARN! Academy from July 2016 to November 2016. I looked into the various bootcamps here in San Diego and the internship that is part of the curriculum set LEARN apart from other bootcamps. I can't say enough about how awesome my experience was. It was very challenging, but at the same time it was manageable.

The people at LEARN truly care about the students and the school. LEARN isn't trying to push as many students as possible through the pipeline just to make a quick buck. They work hard with each student not only through the classroom time but also throughout the internship and through the hiring process.

The curriculum for my cohort was Ruby. It was fast-paced and challenging, but the instructors were fantastic. There is lecture time each day but the bulk of the experience is coding challenges. The instructors give you just enough guidance to help you in the right direction. They encourage you to solve problems and meet the challenges on your own, (which is more like the real-world working environment).

The daily routine at LEARN mimics a real-world work environment, so the transition to full-time developer for me was seemless.  I was placed at a great company for my internship and was hired as a full time developer at the end of the 4 weeks.

Another note on the internships, the companies that take interns are all great. I would have been happy at any of them. The LEARN staff took great care in placing students in the right internship environment. It worked out great for me as I was hired by my internship company.

Going the LEARN was the best decision! I highly recommend LEARN if you want to go somewhere where you will be more than just a number. You will be a part of a great community!

• Jess • Graduate

If you're a hopeful web developer or engineer in San Diego, Learn is the only bootcamp I recommend. A couple primary reasons: 1. internship and career services 2. program's willingness to change.

The internship experience speaks for itself. To have the opportunity to apply classroom skills to a functioning business is so important. One of the biggest barriers to finding employment is job experience; the internship does help address that deficit. Learn's career services is also a real strength. A week of the program will be devoted to preparing you for a job search, from the obvious things like creating a new resume to the less obvious, like taking LinkedIn head shots. I do not know how else I would've pulled everything together and very much appreciated Bryan's guidance.

I also mention the program's willingness to accept feedback as a highlight - and it absolutely is. Prior to attending Learn, I worked at a university managing a program and have real understanding of how difficult it can be to modify classroom focus or process. Learn does a really impressive job of soliciting and responding to feedback. Every cohort changes - new projects, new format, emphasis on new skills - which is incredibly difficult to do. It does help them stand out; each cohort gets better.

As a final note, I do think it's important to stress that you will not get everything out of Learn if you do not put in the work. Most career switches take about 18 months. Learn's program, including internship, is 4 months. I do believe that in order to be most successful, you have to put in extra time outside of Learn's allotted 40 hours/week. It is an intense program and requires focus for success. Know that the job market is tough for junior developers or engineers, but if you do the work, it pays off. I encourage you to control your fate as much as possible. Take advantage of learn alum, meetups, their recommended prep work, pairing programming, access to teachers and each of their unique strengths.

Learn is great. They will work hard on your behalf. Full recommendation from me.