ibg-institute-logo

IBG Institute

IBG Institute

IBG Institute offers part-time 1-to-2-month and 4-to-6-week technical training programs in Charlotte, North Carolina and online. These courses train students in front end, mobile, and full stack development. IBG Institute teaches in a fast-paced, real-time production environment, and believes the only way to become a great engineer is to be exposed to best practices and apply them relentlessly. Courses are instructor-led and students can expect lecture, presentations, and exams. IBG instructors have over 30 years of IT industry knowledge, working in over 200 Fortune 500 companies.

Prospective students should apply online and describe their motivations and background. Students may have the option of deferred tuition (with zero upfront tuition costs). All veterans train for free when they supply a valid DD214. IBG Insitute also has tech training programs geared towards ex-offenders.

Students receive job-placement assistance, and have the opportunity to be hired by IBG Software, based on performance. IBG Institute’s sister company, IBG Software is a global staffing and consulting firm that places contractors and full-time engineers.

Recent IBG Institute Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (8) reviews for IBG Institute →

Recent IBG Institute News

• 4-6 Mobile Development Training and Hiring Program

AngularJS, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, Xcode, Mobile, Express.js, React.js, Android, iOS, Java, Front End, Kotlin, Scrum, Agile
      November 8, 2019
      $0
      Charlotte
      4-6 Mobile Development Training and Hiring Program. Self-paced training with Live Lecture. Students will learn full-stack development with Java, Mongo, Angular, Node, and REACT.js. Upon completion, students get a certificate.
      none
      none
      November 8, 2019 - CharlotteApply by September 30, 2019
    • IBG Fast Track (Vets Free with DD214)

Rolling Start Date
      $399
      Charlotte
      Our flagship training and hiring program. Students learn front end and full-stack development, Java/React/Android. IBG provides job placement after completion of all requirements. This course rolls every month. If students do not complete material in time, they are allowed to re-take the course (at no additional cost) until the work is done. Once work is done, students go through interview prep and interview for roles until they are hired. We focus on getting jobs!
      We allow limited numbers of payments/installment programs on a case-by-case basis, per class.
      No tuition plans
      Refund / Guarantee
      Refund within 7 days of course start. After course starts, refunds for medical conditions only.
      Limited scholarships are available.
      1 year of high school math.
      None
    • TRAP-X (Ex-Offender) Training and Guaranteed Job Placement

AngularJS, Git, C#, JavaScript, Mobile, Express.js, React.js, Blockchain, Android, Node.js, Front End, Kotlin, Scrum, MVC, Agile
      $799
      Charlotte
      The TRAP X program provides the same set of training resources as our Fast-Track program. In addition to these services, we provide a larger set of supporting services for job-placement of individuals that are ex-criminals. Upon completion, we provide supporting job-placement services until the candidate lands a job.
      If students are in a payment program, their first payment will be the first month's payment + plan fee.
      We do allow payments/installment programs.  Students can break payments up into 5 bi-weekly installments.  Email financing@ibgtraining.com
      We do allow payments/installment programs. Students can break payments up into 5 bi-weekly installments. Email financing@ibgtraining.com
      Refund / Guarantee
      Refunds within 7 days of class start.
      We offer 15 scholarships per month
      One year of high school math.
      None required

• Life Changing
      - 9/5/2019
      Mo Nader  User Photo
      Mo Nader • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I started the program in the summer of last year, coming out of high school, had no prior experience on Tech, IBG Institute had an amazing staff and provided me with valuable material that the market is demanding, something that colleges are not up to date with to provide for their students. Since finishing the program I immediately scored an apprenticeship with a Tech Company, and now having six figures job opportunities in front of me.

• Awesome
      - 9/8/2019
      Stephan • Parker • Graduate

Great Program
      Great Instructors
      Great Learning Experience

And...I got a job at Wells Fargo within 6 weeks of completion. 80k per year.  IBG will not steer you wrong. They really care about your success!

• Rashad Jackson • Software Developer • Student

I will say this much. I graduated from a good school with a computer science degree, and I actually thought I would not have trouble getting a job.  Fast-forward 3 years and every interview I participate in results in (1) me not getting the job (2) me being asked questions about technologies I didn't even know existed.   My school taught me some basics, but it came up really short in getting me the skills I needed to get a good tech job.

I heard about IBG Fast Track program from a buddy, and I figured I'd give it a try.  Within 45 days of completion, I was getting all kinds of interview requests, and I ended up taking a full-stack developer job with Comcast making about 90k per year. In my interview, I  was not asked about a single thing I learned in college. 99% of the interview questions asked were directly in line with the stuff I learned in the Fast Track program.

Their system works. Stick with it and trust the process.  You'll get a job and be happy you went with this program.

• Mohamed • Sabbat • Graduate

Here's why I think these

• The cost is trivial compared to others
      • They help you continuously until you get a job
      • They are non-profit
      • They train all veterans for free
      • They dont make any promises unless you finish the work. You have to finish the work to get into job-placement through them.
      • Failure is not an option--it may take you 2x as long as others, but when you finish, you finish. Its kinda like running a marathon. Most people are just trying to finish and very few care about the times.
      • No matter how long it takes to finish, you can rest assured that you have spent your time focusing on content thhat will get you the job, not all that extra stuff that nobody needs .

• J. Parkerson • Jr. Software Engineer • Student

I took their fast track program at the beginning of the year.  I repeated it multiple times because I really wanted to master the material and be very polished come interview time. The staff at IBG really promotes repetition, and you are allowed to re-take the class as many times as you want at no additional cost. I had  been trying to make the career transition into tech for quite some time with no success.

If you do not have a professional team helping you, the transition can be very difficult.  IBG really made the process easy, so I could just focus on being the best engineer possible. Long story short, I made the second round interview and then a final interview with Bank of America.  Landed an intermediate job at $120,000 per year plus benefits.  There is a lot of work to do, but they allow you to self-pace so you dont feel like you are being left behind.  I recommend this program to everyone!

• William • Roberson • Graduate

This program was perfect for me.  No nonsense, results-driven.  When you finish the work, you're ready to work.  It's as simple as that.  I finished the program last month, did 6 different interviews, and got a job at a leading bank making 80k per year.  Mind you, I had zero prior experience with software or coding.  The stuff works. Advice: Ask a lot of questions and don't stop when the going gets tough--persevere and you will win.

• Nathaniel • Kingman • Student

I heard about this program online and decided to get into the paid fast-track program.  They offer free tech training and job placement assistance if you can supply ANY proof that you are a veteran---of course I jumped on it.  I've been in the fast-track program for 2 months now and all I can say is WOW.  The program is great, the instructors/TA are attentive.   The work is challenging like I expected. The training is very comprehensive, and they help you get jobs after you finish.  All they ask is that you complete the work!  I'm about 90% done and i'm super excited about the future.  I would recommend this for anyone

• Marcel Jackson • engineer • Graduate

I took this course at the beginning of the year. The one that guarantees a job.  It took me about 2.5 months to finish the work,and it was challenging.  I interviewed for a few jobs and on the 4th interview I got in!  I'm now making 90,000 per year in my first I.T job, and I had no experience before.  These guys do what they promise, as long as you do your work you will a tech job!