Recent Framework Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Framework News
3 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Codesmith is an amazing community of passionate, like-minded, software engineers. Kudos to Will, the visionary leader, who is orchestrating this life changing movement in the Los Angeles and now New York area. Framework is a another example of the Codesmith organization giving back and creating opportunity for those aspiring to grow more in this field.
I have been a part of the Codesmith community a little over a year and a half now. Looking back my growth has been incredible. As a student, with the beginners mind, I have immersed my self in the coding bootcamp despite having education in Computer Science. In addition, to completing my Masters of Science in Software Engineering last month, I decided to attend Framework also just to polish up my skills, learn more, and be job ready. I was not disappointed. Daniel and Issac provided stellar teaching throughout the course. They really went in detail, under the hood, of many relevant front-end technologies. I also met many great people in the course. Over the length of 4 weeks, there was a real sense of community. Through pair programming, building cool projects, presentations, and applying world class software engineering principles, Framework was a source of great value.
Everyone has a different journey. Framework served as a great environment to better prepare me for the workforce and sharpen my skills. As a passionate, driven, software engineer, my journey does not end here, but it is only a step further. Maybe you just want to level up, bring an idea to reality, gain deeper understanding for bootcamp, meet other cool people, or be more effective on your job. Whatever the reason, I can personally say, Framework will add value, skills, and useful tools to your plate. Thank you again Will and the Codesmith community and keep making impact one engineer at a time!
For 4 weeks I went through the course pretty behind compared to everyone else... The course moves fast. But I never felt so inspired at the same time in my "not knowing". And both instructors Tiffany and Isaac were so knowledgeable and warm, they really made me feel ok that I was struggling and kept me inspired to give it my all.
What's so crazy is that before Framework - I was just flirting with the idea of coding and had no direction. Here I am 2 weeks out of my framework so a total of 7 weeks of coding overall and I have such direction and am working on a web application using the same structure I was taught in Framework. It's hard to believe what can be learned in 1 month. I really do miss the community of class. I feel like I have a new coding family. It is so much better than learning to code on your own in my opinion.
Our latest on Framework
Welcome to the January 2017 Course Report monthly coding bootcamp news roundup! Each month, we look at all the happenings from the coding bootcamp world from new bootcamps to fundraising announcements, to interesting trends. This month we applaud initiatives that bring technology to underserved communities, we look at employment trends, and new coding schools and campuses. Plus, we hear a funny story about an honest taxi driver. Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast.Continue Reading →