flockjay-logo

Flockjay

Flockjay

Flockjay is a 10-week, part-time, online tech sales training bootcamp. Students will learn to effectively qualify, prospect, and close sales within the tech industry, all while using software to build a repeatable process. The first 10 weeks of FlockJay’s courses teach tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Zoom, Drift, Slack, and Streak. Training is conducted through live, online classes where students will engage in real-time conversations as well as receive detailed, one-on-one reviews via live video. The final 2 weeks are focused on job placement. Flockjay’s mission is to make tech accessible to people from all locations and backgrounds with an emphasis on diversity. To achieve this, Flockjay offers classes at no up-front cost. Instead, tuition is paid only after employment.

Flockjay is set up to help individuals with no previous tech sales experience. Those interested in taking courses must first complete an online form. The application is sent directly to the Head of Administration. Applicants will then be given follow up questions by a member of the staff. FlockJay’s training programs start at the beginning of every month, so that after approval, students can begin the program almost immediately.

Flockjay provides two tuition options. Students may pay tuition upfront or Flockjay offers deferred tuition, which will be paid in installments after graduating the program (Deferred Tuition Agreement). These installment payment amounts may differ due to state regulations. Students may also be eligible for a scholarship after submitting their application.

Recent Flockjay Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (100) reviews for Flockjay →

Recent Flockjay News

Read all (6) articles about Flockjay →
  • Tech Sales Bootcamp

Salesforce, Sales, Email Marketing
    Flockjay is a 100% online program is design to get you job ready in 10 weeks. It teaches everything you need to break into tech sales, from foundational sales techniques to software tools. The curriculum is designed by sales professionals from places like Facebook, Google, and Salesforce. Class is held online Monday to Thursday, 5-8pm PT, in a virtual classroom with your instructors and fellow learners. The experience is highly participatory with many opportunities to practice what you just learned. Our instructors are top performing sales reps teaching from their actual experience closing million dollar deals. Our goal is to help you start a lucrative career in tech. So, after you graduate our Career Services team will introduce you to hiring managers at top tech companies. Our team will revamp your resume, train you how to interview, and even help you negotiate salary. Our top students can even land jobs before they graduate! We offer flexible tuition options so you can launch a career debt free. With our Deferred Tuition you can start for $0 upfront cost and pay small monthly amounts after you land a job making at least $40k. We also offer a prorated refund policy because we understand life happens.
    Tuition PlansWe offer 2 tuition options. With our Deferred Tuition you can start for $0 upfront. You pay $425/month for 18 months after you land a job paying at least $40k. With our Upfront Tuition option you can receive a 20% discount. Restrictions may apply.
    Refund / GuaranteeStudents who withdraw from the program during the first week are entitled to a full refund. Students who withdraw between the 2nd and 6th weeks are offered a prorated refund.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo degree or prior tech experience are required.
    Prep WorkTo increase your chances of being selected for Flockjay, make sure to demonstrate that you have a basic understanding of tech/software sales. We want to know that you've done some research and are making an informed decision!
    Jarrett S • Student
    Learned the in and outs of Solution selling. Really enjoyed the program and the instructors for the program. They were personable and truly cared about student's success. Classmates were great and I built many strong connections through the program.
    Larry Zapata • Tech Fellow • Student
    Flockjay was the best investment I have made. The 10-weeks flew by.
  • SDR
    Shaun Cornelson
    Great educational platform that gave me a great foundation to get started in my sales Career.
  • It Worked
    - 3/19/2021
    Kimberly Bess • Graduate
    People often wonder if bootcamps are actually worth it. This was my 3rd bootcamp experience. The other two were duds. This led to full-time employment at a startup. I'm so excited. The community is genuine and dedicated to helping fellows.
  • Aaron Belsh • Business Development Representative • Graduate
    The curriculum at Flockjay perfectly prepared me to be a Sales Development Rep. They helped fine tune my resume and Linkedin profiles. I learned how to use Salesforce Lightning, Calendly, Slack, GSuite and SalesLoft. Flockjay also supported my interview process. Half of my leads for jobs came from Flockjay and I ended up landing a job two months after graduating.  Very satisfied. Only thing they need to reconsider is the capstone project. They need to revamp it.
  • Noah • Graduate
    My time at flockjay was an interesting one; I learned a lot, and I made lifelong friends. What makes me a continuous believer was the support that they had after finishing the Bootcamp. There was a plethora of people and resources that made sure I was in a good place and had continuous opportunities. Although it took longer than expected, they stayed by my side throughout the whole process.
    - 2/15/2021
    Jonathan • Graduate
    Just imagine a community of intelligent, like minded professionals who want to see a better outcome for all, that's Flockjay. This course can change the life of anyone with ambition. It's developed by those who've been in Sales, had success, and want to share their knowledge and connections with others. I'd recommend Flockjay for those looking for a career with almost limitless possibilities.
  • Cameron Macdonald • Sales Development Representative • Graduate
    If you have any doubts or think it's too good to be true, trust me, I felt the same way. After the pandemic hit I was more than a little bitter at having my career path up and vanish almost overnight. I had spent the better part of a decade in the service industry and had absolutely no idea how I was going to survive. After getting a recommendation from a former mentor, I decided to take a risk and jump headfirst into the world of tech sales. Was I terrified? Absolutely! Thankfully though, I landed on the wings of my new flock (apologies I am allowed one dad joke per year). Through my amazing trainers and tech fellows, I learned how to tell my impostor syndrome to kick rocks and sell solutions. I learned both the science and art of selling along with the technical skills needed to break ground into an industry completely new to me. Don't kid yourself though, it's a commitment, I'm talking three hours a night, four days a week. You get what you put into the program. Take advantage of the office hours, reach out and connect with your tech fellows. After graduating, I landed a job within three weeks. It's worth it, and you have a dedicated group more than willing to help you succeed!
  • TECH FELLOW
    - 1/30/2021
    Melina. A • SDR • Graduate
    There are 5 reasons WHY FLOCKJAY.

• IS THIS A SCAM? At least that's what I thought it was at first. Serena Williams, Will Smith, Gabrielle Union, and many credible companies are sponsoring Flockjay. That combined with the research and testimonials of previous students from the program assured me of its credibility ✔

• Can I afford it? $0 upfront and once you get a job and then they take 10% of whatever commission you make, but only if it’s $40k and above. I'm starting with price because again that's one of the first thing that came to my mind as an objection. With this option, I was able to attend the program without worrying about how I would pay for it. As well as, recognizing the option in itself is proof that Flockjay has the confidence in you being able to land a job ✔

• Do I have the skills?
    If you're curious, passionate, self-aware, and love to discover solutions to the problems people may have...etc then you have the “soft” skills it takes for a job in sales. The added bonus is if you're looking for an industry that will have financial opportunity and growth, then a job within the tech industry is where it’s at.

• What does the commitment look like?
    You spend 10 weeks, 3 hours a day, Monday-Thursday polishing the technical skills of how to become an effective Sales Development Representative. Flockjay is all about solution selling and fully equips you with the tools and technical skills necessary to be successful in this role. BUT it all depends on how much you’re willing to invest in the process IN and OUT of the program.

• Am I really able to get a job?
    It is an amazing program. A HUGE part of its success is due to the community and support of your trainers, peers, career services, and everyone behind the scenes.

On the back end Partnerships works diligently to gather more and more hiring partners and ensure they align with the mission to hire diverse candidates within tech. Career service managers work intimately with you throughout the interviewing process...everyone is working hard, however throughout the program and while interviewing you need to be the one making it happen for yourself.

Come to the program and jump right into it. Be eager to learn.Stay true to who you are, because you diverse background is what makes you unquie. And when those 10 weeks are over continue that work into everything you do.

If you wish to invest in your future and a career in tech sales is something you wish to break into, then this program is 100000000% for you.

• Luis Oquendo • Graduate
    Wow! I have been in IT for 10 years, and Customer Service for 17 years so I know Tech, Service, and Customer Facing. I have also been in an accelerated program which is how I got into IT, was part of a startup accelerator, and am part of a consulting/entrepreneurship accelerator so I know a good experience. The knowledge Flockjay packs in along with the network of riches and diversity on many fronts are quite impressive! Our instructors and support teams which include but are not limited to success, teaching assistance, and more have actual and current experience in what they are preaching! None of that theory, or irrelevant information you get in other places but the real deal and a group consisting of LGBTQ+, Women, and People of color which is rarely seen on this scale and with this level of finesse! The content was leagues above other programs, platforms, or educational offerings. To give you an idea it was like being part of an accelerator, a boot camp, a pinch of toastmasters, and a coaching group that very few even know to exist. This journey was something special. The guest we had to once a week to speak which you can actually relate to and connect with were top professionals in the industry who are ready to pour their knowledge onto you and they are humble as well as all from different walks of life. This mission as I like to refer to it debunks all the myths people believe about tech or sales and help you become your ultimate self by fine-tuning what you already have and prepping you with what you do not. I'm sure you have heard the saying "they dropped some golden nuggets", well this place drops golden tenders because they bring the heat! While in the journey you get secretes rarely shared outside of the tech circle, build amazing relationships, bonds, and a network second to none. These skills will help you professionally, personally, and as an entrepreneur! I will not be able to do justice as to how fantastic the experience and people are at Flockjay but I will tell you that no matter who you are or where you are in you're life they are ready to take you further, you just have to invest in yourself because they sure will when you're ready! If you ever want to learn more about Flockjay just reach out to them on their website, they love everyone! If you are feeling shy or unsure just connect with me on LinkedIn and I would be delighted to share more of my experience with you! Flockjay is a blessing to humanity especially now more than ever, I love the mission and the people! For those of you reading this, I hope it helps, and remember you are awesome!
  • Join the Flock!
    - 1/21/2021
    Porchia Jenkins • SDR • Graduate
    I went through Flockjay as a tenured educator while working a full time teaching role. I chose Flockjay because of the mission to support individuals who are underrepresented and come from non-traditional backgrounds.

I originally thought Flockjay mainly would help with skill development but honestly its has given me so much more. Yes, I learned and hone skills that have allowed me to be successful in sales but Flockjay  gave me the reassurance I needed to enter this industry and the extra boost of confidence to know I can make an impact in sales.

Flockjay was a great decision for me and I highly recommend the program.

• SDR for Hire
    - 1/21/2021
    Alex • Graduate
    I started my journey with Flockjay this past fall of 2020 and the weeks have flown by. Flockjay was an amazing experience. Staff are all experienced sales professionals in the industry teaching you first-hand how to be successful in sales.

The program will challenge you in a good way. If you're goal-driven and dedicated you'll get a lot out of this experience. It's fast-paced and looking back it's amazing how much we've done. Everything from solution selling, inbound/outbound sales, discovery, prospecting, email cadences, rapport building, resume writing, interview coaching, Salesforce, SalesLoft, and social selling. It's been an amazing ride.

I've made great relationships with staff and tech fellows as well, huge thank you to everyone who has helped me; Lauren, Mallorie, Tory, Ivan, Dunetka, Marvin, Toby, and to all my tech fellows on team orange/thrashers as well as team teal you all are amazing!

Michelle Lai and Christina Fernandez were both amazing interview coaches and give honest feedback that helps improve your interviewing skills and resumes.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Hayley Crown for her leadership/support and CEO Shaan Hathiramani for creating Flockjay and making it possible for people to upskill and improve their lives. Thank you 🙏