FlockJay is a 10-week, part-time, online tech sales training bootcamp. Students will learn to effectively qualify, prospect, and close sales within the tech industry, all while using software to build a repeatable process. The first 10 weeks of FlockJay’s courses teach tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Zoom, Drift, Slack, and Streak. Training is conducted through live, online classes where students will engage in real-time conversations as well as receive detailed, one-on-one reviews via live video. The final 2 weeks are focused on job placement. FlockJay’s mission is to make tech accessible to people from all locations and backgrounds with an emphasis on diversity. To achieve this, FlockJay offers classes at no up-front cost. Instead, tuition is paid only after employment.
FlockJay is set up to help individuals with no previous tech sales experience. Those interested in taking courses must first complete an online form. The application is sent directly to the Head of Administration. Applicants will then be given follow up questions by a member of the staff. FlockJay’s training programs start at the beginning of every month, so that after approval, students can begin the program almost immediately.
FlockJay now offers two tuition payment options. Students can choose to pay the $5,000 tuition upon enrollment or sign up for FlockJay’s Income Share Agreement (ISA). With the ISA, eligible students pay no money upfront, and once placed in a job making at least $40,000 salary, students then pay 10% of their income for 12 months after graduation.
Recent FlockJay Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent FlockJay News
- OnlinePart Time12 Hours/week10 Weeks
Start Date May 4, 2020 Cost $5,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis 100% online program is design to get you job ready in 10 weeks. It teaches everything you need to break into tech sales, from sales techniques to software tools. Class is held online Monday to Thursday, 5-8pm PT, in a virtual classroom with your instructors and fellow learners. You don't have to stop your life, you just need to dedicate the time to learn. We'll even help you fix your resume, ace interviews, and negotiate salary. We also have a large network of partner companies ready to hire our graduates. You have the option to pay $0 tuition until you have a job earning more than $40,000. We have flexible payment options that are aimed at helping you land a top-paying job debt-free.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Students can choose to pay $0 upfront followed by 10% of their income for one year, once making $40k+. Payment capped at $9k.
Minimum Skill Level no prior experience is required Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 4, 2020 - Online Apply by April 24, 2020June 1, 2020 - Online Apply by May 22, 2020
10 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- BDR- 3/23/2020Lillian • BDR • Graduate • Course: Tech Sales Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInEven though I was part of cohort #4 for FlockJay it is incredible how well designed the program already is. I know it will continue to improve even more as they are always asking for feedback and implementing it.All of the FlockJay staff is incredible. The instructors have so much experience in the field and it shows. In addition, FlockJay's weekly fireside chat speakers were illuminating with their candor about their life and career experiences.Fair warning: FlockJay is a lot of work. Class is not simply a lecture. It is EXTREMELY interactive. You quickly learn how to do basic research in order to do sales roleplays. FlockJay is also quite the time commitment as the class is three hours long, four days a week for 12 weeks. Beyond that, there is daily homework and weekend homework.In the end, I’m pleased to say it was all worth it. Five weeks after graduation I was able to sign an offer with my dream company. FlockJay was there every step of the way; helping me prepare with mock interviews and helping me think through salary negotiation.
- Tech sales program that delivers- 3/13/2020Kevin Deng • Sales Development Representative • Student • Course: Tech Sales Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI entered Flockjay with a strong college degree but no sure direction of how to advance in my career. I felt like I either needed to make a massive commitment to expensive graduate programs or work roles that didn't provide the upward mobility I sought. I found Flockjay and was impressed at how thorough, supportive, and transformative the program has been for me and my classmates. The entire staff was constantly focused on helping us learn, improving our skills, and getting us software sales jobs. I was open to relocation and can proudly report that I had 3 separate offers from tech companies in the Bay area. I just accepted a position that provides 2x my current salary and am more excited about my future than ever before. Being a part of Flockjay has changed my life for the better and I highly recommend you join the flock!
- The Best Sales Program Right Now- 3/11/2020Avery • SDR • Graduate • Course: Tech Sales Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Best Decision Ever!- 2/29/2020Jack • Sales Development Representative • Graduate • Course: Tech Sales Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInFlockjay was an amazing and challenging experience. The community of students is great and I can't say enough about the Flockjay staff and their incredible support both during the course and after graduation. Within 10 days of graduation, I had interviews with 4 different companies. Within 2 weeks I had an offer letter signed with a company I'm so excited to work for. If you are reading this and are still on the fence, I encourage you to take that bold step into the unknown with the confidence that you are making an investment in yourself.
- Sales Associate @ Simon Data- 1/27/2020Ben Lopategui • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Flockjay's 12-week course is not designed for everyone, however if you're committed to preparing yourself for the jump into sales, there is no better program.
Not only did Flockjay's instructors provide us with valuable lessons from their own experiences, they made themselves available until I secured a job - well after the end of classes.
Lastly, Flockjay is truly committed to building a network of bright new sales professionals. Interacting with my flock during class and getting to know them was awesome, and I continue to keep in touch with those based in New York
- Field BDR- 1/24/2020Jack Batchelor • Field BDR • Graduate • Course: Tech Sales Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
12-week online Bootcamp with extensive support from staff and classmates. You'll learn all the skills necessary for an entry-level sales role. Fellow classmates are from all regions and backgrounds which allows you to build a network of like-minded professionals. Overall a great way to excel in your career and increase your salary.
- Best Decision!!!!- 12/28/2019Liz Strong • SDR at LaunchDarkly • Graduate • Course: Tech Sales Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- I chose to not attend college. I attended a coding bootcamp, then realized it wasn't for me. Next, I interned at a startup accelerator for a few months. I knew that the internship wasn't going to convert into a full-time role so I started digging around for other opportunities. Finally, I saw Flockjay on ycombinator's twitter, booked a consultation, then started my first day of class 2 weeks late.
- I live in SF & I read about tech for fun. Most of my friends are in their twenties in tech.
- I love you Flockjay team!!
- The instructors really get to know you as a person. At the beginning of each class, we talk about our lives for about 5-10 minutes to put everyone in a good mood.
- The instructors are incredibly engaging (we laugh so much) and always prepared! I don't remember ever once feeling, "do they know what they are doing?" Flockjay does not drop the ball.
- Instructors are always available and responsive on Slack.
- I am amazed by the amount of emotional labor Flockjay freely gives to every student. I don't know how they do it. Honestly, they are angels.
- Assignments are submitted via Workramp. Maryann from Flockjay grades each and every answer and leaves detailed feedback so that you can improve. Please appreciate this!
- Classes run M-Thurs, 5-8 pm PST, office hours are Friday. Mondays are Fireside chats with industry leaders, recruiters, and managers.
- Flockjay staff takes turns teaching the curriculum with plenty of interactive activities and beautifully (and easily digestible) presentations.
- The outline of the curriculum is on their website.
- The instructors do such an EXCELLENT job of relaying the tech culture to those not in tech. This is poorly worded. I'm trying to say that the Flockjay team is diverse, has diverse investors, and celebrates students from diverse backgrounds. Flockjay will help you, if you're from a completely non-tech background, understand what you're getting yourself into. Gosh, they are empathetic and no question is ridiculous.
- We rigorously review concepts by challenging each other during Flockjay stadium. Teachers will break us into groups on Zoom to practice skills with very clear instructions and time checks. We touch on a lot of tools, but there really is a ton to cover. It is so, so, so important that you dedicate time outside of class to understand tools such as Salesforce, ZoomInfo, Outreach, etc...
- Personally felt that the pace was perfect.
- You will need to put in work!! Flockjay is not easy, but it is extremely supportive, and you CAN do it!! Many people in my flock were parenting during class.
- Fellows updated an Airtable form for Flockjay. I had a zoom call with a Flockjay team member before every single on-site. I booked office hours every single week to keep them in the loop. I had practice interviews and cold calls with my batchmates, Flockjay alums, and other friends.
- All the companies I interviewed with were through Flockjay.
- This was my first job hunt; I wasn't sure what I was doing 80% of the time. I didn't feel nervous because the Flockjay team constantly checked up on via phone call, Slack, and Zoom videos. I really felt a community of support.
- Pira from Flockjay started hosting Zoom sessions every week to help alums keep their sales skills fresh.
I made a twitter thread about my experience
- Making this clear -- EXTREMELY AMAZING DURING JOB SEARCH!! I paid my tuition upfront because I had full faith that Flockjay would help me find my dream job. I expected to have less support after I paid (since I didn't sign an ISA), but that was definitely not the case!
- HAPPY, WARM, SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT! Your batchmates will lift you up! Cherish them & lift them up too! :)
- Flockjay is growing rapidly and will be a mafia network ;)
- Thank you Shaan, Kelly, Alex, Quenton, Reese, Maryann, Francesca, Pira, + everyone else who is remote + everyone hired after Seed funding + all my lovely batchmates + Flockjay alums + smart investors!!! You changed my life!
Negatives (take everything with a grain of salt):
- I was in the 3rd batch, so Flockjay was still ironing out some kinks. There was a tool that we were planning to cover, but we ran out of time (not a big deal at all, I promise). Only one hiring manager asked me about it. I was honest and said that I'm more than happy to learn the tool on the job. More than an acceptable answer.
- I was on the August 2019 batch and we graduated in October 2019. This may have not been the ideal time to graduate. I heard from some batchmates that they were stuck in limbo as some companies were not hiring/onboarding candidates until the new year (2020). I think this may have been much more frustrating for students with dependents. It's difficult to be interviewing while working & parenting full-time, for 2 months and be unsure of a set hire date. I received my first job offer within 3 weeks after graduation, but took 6 weeks to choose and accept my final job offer. It took 7.5 weeks for me to start working. I was the second person from my batch to start working in sales in a tech company. I could have started working within 5.5 weeks after graduating, but I wanted more time to explore my other options and offers. I'm incredibly privileged to not have debt, dependents, nor emergencies to force me to pick the first offer. I suspect that timing will be less of an issue as Flockjay onboards more hiring partners and develops an even stronger presence.
- Flockjay is the Real Deal!- 3/23/2020Travis • Sales Development Representative • Graduate • Course: Tech Sales Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineFlockjay's 3 month program was one of the best educational experiences I have ever had. They have the best sales trainers that teach you the necessary skills to break into Tech. The trainers are so cool and gets you excited to show up to class every night. The program is highly interactive with a built-in community of students around the country. My favorite part was becoming best friends with the other students during the 3 month program and then actually moving to San Francisco to work in the Startup scene with them. Flockjay really cares about you as an individual and works really hard to get you in a position to land a job. I signed an offer 5 weeks after graduation. I never would have gotten the offer without the help of Flockjay! I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to change their career and change their life :)
- Lots of work but so worth it.- 3/11/2020Elijah • SDR • Graduate • Campus: OnlineI went through the Flockjay course from November 2019 - February 2020 and it changed my life. I am about to start a new career as an SDR for a company in Oakland exactly one month after Graduation.
The coaches at Flockjay are amazing and work so hard to get you to the place you need to be to get hired in software Sales, and the network of people who are there to help you (staff, Flockmates, graduates) should not be underestimated.
I will say that this class is a lot of work. It is 3 hours a day, 4 days a week in class for three months, along with a lot of out of class work. If you are like me and can't afford to do this without quitting your other job, be ready to commit to it and put the rest of your life on hold. For me it was very worth it but I just want to give people an accurate description of the course.
- Advance your career!- 3/1/2020Jzana Dawkins • Graduate • Course: Tech Sales Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineFlockjay is a 12-week intensive program designed to groom individuals with the tools and skills in tech-sales while building interpersonal skills. Within the 12 weeks, you will learn how to leave voicemails, craft emails, discovery calls, and more. You are also paired with incredible professionals who are driven to advance their careers.
Overall this program will aide the advancement of your professional career and establish an everlasting network. There is no other program like Flockjay, it will truly change your life!