flockjay-logo

Flockjay

Flockjay

Flockjay is a 10-week, part-time, online tech sales training bootcamp. Students will learn to effectively qualify, prospect, and close sales within the tech industry, all while using software to build a repeatable process. The first 10 weeks of FlockJay’s courses teach tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Zoom, Drift, Slack, and Streak. Training is conducted through live, online classes where students will engage in real-time conversations as well as receive detailed, one-on-one reviews via live video. The final 2 weeks are focused on job placement. Flockjay’s mission is to make tech accessible to people from all locations and backgrounds with an emphasis on diversity. To achieve this, Flockjay offers classes at no up-front cost. Instead, tuition is paid only after employment.

Flockjay is set up to help individuals with no previous tech sales experience. Those interested in taking courses must first complete an online form. The application is sent directly to the Head of Administration. Applicants will then be given follow up questions by a member of the staff. FlockJay’s training programs start at the beginning of every month, so that after approval, students can begin the program almost immediately.

Flockjay provides two tuition options. Students may pay tuition upfront or Flockjay offers deferred tuition, which will be paid in installments after graduating the program (Deferred Tuition Agreement). These installment payment amounts may differ due to state regulations. Students may also be eligible for a scholarship after submitting their application.

Recent Flockjay Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (50) reviews for Flockjay →

Recent Flockjay News

Read all (5) articles about Flockjay →
  • Tech Sales Bootcamp

Sales, Email Marketing, Salesforce
    This 100% online program is design to get you job ready in 10 weeks. It teaches everything you need to break into tech sales, from sales techniques to software tools. Class is held online Monday to Thursday, 5-8pm PT, in a virtual classroom with your instructors and fellow learners. You don't have to stop your life, you just need to dedicate the time to learn. We'll even help you fix your resume, ace interviews, and negotiate salary. We also have a large network of partner companies ready to hire our graduates. You have the option to pay $0 tuition until you have a job earning more than $40,000. We have flexible payment options that are aimed at helping you land a top-paying job debt-free. Students who withdraw from Flockjay before week 7 are eligible for a prorated refund. Additionally, students who withdraw before week 2 are eligible for a full refund.
    Tuition PlansStudents can choose to pay $0 upfront followed by 10% of their income for one year once they graduate and are making $40k+. Payments are suspended if a student's income drops below this level. Tuition is capped at a maximum of $7,650.
    Refund / GuaranteeStudents who withdraw from the program during the first week are entitled to a full refund. Students who withdraw between the 2nd and 6th weeks are offered a prorated refund.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo degree or prior experience are required.
    Prep WorkTo increase your chances of being selected for Flockjay, make sure to demonstrate that you have a basic understanding of tech/software sales. We want to know that you've done some research and are making an informed decision!
  • Just Do It
    - 1/28/2021
    Eric Nielsen  User Photo
    Eric Nielsen • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is definitely life changing for those who are trying to break into the tech space and pursue a career with sales development. It is 10 weeks long with dedicated live instructors who are boots on the ground already in the tech world. The community you will engage with is amazing and the program is laser focused on finding you a job upon graduation. I found a job fairly quickly via Flockjay Career Services Team.
    - 1/22/2021
    Lorenzo del Rio  User Photo
    Lorenzo del Rio • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Flockjay's 10-week SDR program changed my life.

2020 was a difficult year amid a pandemic with social unrest and economic uncertainty which led many to develop a bleak outlook. In comes an ad on my feed about how to get your foot in the door in the Tech industry at not initial cost. I started researching what an SDR was, what ISAs are, and reading the amazing stories from previous batches. I signed up to hear more, had my interview with Mo and i was set on developing myself.
    Right off the bat, the trainers and TAs were personable and charismatic and came loaded with great insights coming from diverse backgrounds and years in different positions.
    The Flock itself was an experience ill cherish for a long time. We initially joked that we really paid tuition for friends and people to talk to for 4 days out of the week. The group had some incredible stories and a great positive environment. The end of those 10 weeks really creeps up on you when the course is so enjoyable.

- 1/22/2021
    Leah Wade  User Photo
    Leah Wade • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Flockjay has been one of the best learning experiences I've had in my life. The entire 10-weeks was incredibly fulfilling! I learned everything I needed to feel prepared to break into a new role and connected with some amazing people that helped me through the journey. Flockjay is truly one of a kind, and I'm so glad that I was able to become a part of the wonderful community. :)
  • Frank J Parker  User Photo
    Frank J Parker • Sales Development Representative (SDR) • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    In October 2020. I was lost. I had spent the past 9 months going into random homes during a pandemic to install and repair Americans’ main form of Covid-19 entertainment: Television and internet services. I was in a dead-end career in telecommunications where I only had a small chance for a promotion if somebody above me decided to move on. I didn’t like how my career path was being obstructed by somebody else. I didn’t like anybody else being in control of my opportunities to grow.
    While browsing online for new careers, I ran across an ad for Flockjay. I was intrigued. After spending time researching Flockjay, I applied and went through a simple interview process, after which I was honored to be selected to join Batch 8!

So I made a crazy, risky, hail-Mary decision: To quit my full-time job, with full benefits, during a pandemic, to focus 100% on attending Flockjay’s 10-week tech sales boot camp. This decision was difficult for me, but necessary because my job schedule at the time 5 days a week, 12-14 hours per day. Flockjay classes were graciously Mondays through Thursdays 5-8 pm Pacific Time but I was unable to commit to them while still employed.

Oh my! I am so lucky Flockjay not only turned out to be every bit as successful in training me as I’d hoped but they also created a new, fresh network of 100%-supportive trainers and flockmates! I have made and continue to make so many new friends here and Flockjay has taught us the importance of networking with those friends both inside and outside of class. What an awesome experience!

Everybody starts in class as rookies. Everybody. Throughout the program, we are all taught the same curriculum, and we all learn and progress at the same rate. This builds a complete feeling of unity within the flock. This is the experience that truly makes Flockjay so special. The sense of unity. The support of the trainers, the tech fellows, and the resume, interview, and career success coaches is unbelievable! They exist to help you, whatever your background, to succeed in Flockjay and 100% prepare you for an entry-level role as a Sales Development Representative (SDR) in the tech world.

The resume-building process was phenomenal! I never imagined my resume could be transformed so intelligently into a professional document I am itching to share! I know it rocks. I earned this confidence while methodically altering, and sometimes creating new versions of, every single line on my original resume through Flockjay’s proprietary process. My resume is essentially a ‘mic drop’ in paper form now!

I’ve learned so much and had such incredible shared experiences here. I’ve had strong tech sales etiquette instilled within me as well, so I understand how to navigate interviews, and comfortably move through the hiring process with future job opportunities. I can only hope everyone with even a glint of interest in Flockjay will at least give their amazing free 1st-week, no-obligation offer a chance. Flockjay changed my life and is changing the tech world by providing a new, diverse pool of highly-trained individuals from which big-name companies can hire. Today, January 20, 2021, I am one of those diverse individuals being sought out by big tech companies to hire! As a new graduate from Flockjay, I will officially enter the tech sales world seeking employment as an SDR, and Flockjay, post-graduation, is still committed to my success in acquiring that job! I am so pumped!

What a story, right?! What will yours be in 6 months? One of my Flockmates posted this quote a few months ago and it made me think about my time both before and during Flockjay:

"Change is constant, but growth is optional."- John Maxwell

• Gianni  User Photo
    Gianni • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Flockjay's 10 week program has sharpened my sales skills and allowed me to tailor them to selling tech.  Flockjay also provided us with a ton of support during our time in the program and even has support systems after graduation.  During my last week in the program, I applied to about 10 positions and received 4 callbacks from recruiters in just one week!  Super excited to have included Flockjay in my sales career and looking forward to starting a successful career at an awesome company!
    David Stowers  User Photo
    David Stowers • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The three months I spent with Flockjay have been very impactful for me. The material and resources provided are phenomenal, but my favorite part has been the community support from both the instructors and my peers. There's a heavy emphasis on community in the program, and I've made friends I hope to stay in touch with for a long time.

I also really appreciated the teaching methodology they used. It's very hands-on, we constantly practiced new methods and tools immediately after being introduced to them. There's quite a bit of work in small groups and teams, deliberately mimicking the workplace structure for the sales roles we're learning to do post-graduation.

It's not easy, it definitely takes some commitment for both time and effort. I'm very glad I did it, and would recommend it to anybody looking to break into tech sales.
    Cortez Wright  User Photo
    Cortez Wright • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Flockjay was an amazing experience. Not only did I get hands-on experience being an SDR and learning the tools necessary to succeed. But I grew as an individual, I learned to be more organized and vocal in a group setting. But most importantly I learned to be resilient and to not give up when things get hard. The course is challenging but Flockjay provides you with the support you need to succeed!
    Paticia Ambrus  User Photo
    Paticia Ambrus • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I joined Flockjay to transition from engineering to sales. The course starts off with an introduction to sales, help with networking/LinkedIn, then dives into inbound, after it's outbound, and in the end, we work on a capstone project to apply those skills and a ton of career services help to aid in the interview and job placement process.

Instructors - I absolutely loved my instructors (Mallorie & Lauren). They bring in very relevant real-life examples and give amazing feedback. They're very responsive and helpful throughout the program. I appreciate that they're honest and direct in their feedback.

Content - at first the pace felt a little slow because they were trying to ensure everyone is on the same page by having a LinkedIn profile, giving some smaller homework assignments but it definitely picked up. The last few weeks when we did interview prep were extremely helpful. I learned a ton of information on how to craft my answers and got many interviews and offers.

Pros:
    1. They truly work on diversity, the class is filled with people from non-traditional backgrounds that are interested in sales
    2. Job placement - they offer interview help, negotiating salaries, they get you job interviews with their hiring partners and also help you get interviews at companies that they might not already work with, they give you a the inside scoop of what those companies are looking for, etc.

Cons:
    1. Slow pace at the beginning if you've been in the professional environment for some time but it's a great way for those who haven't to get caught up
  • SDR For Hire
    - 1/21/2021
    Collin Young  User Photo
    Collin Young • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Highly recommend Flockjay. Over the past 10 weeks, I have been highly supported in my entry into tech sales and have learned incredibly valuable skills that I can now offer such as how to conduct cold calls and discovery calls, how to use Salesforce and Salesloft, how to build rapport, and how to apply my past professional experience to the work that I will be doing. 5/5!
    Tim Chandler, CS  User Photo
    Tim Chandler, CS • Sales Development Representative • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My time at Flockjay started out as exciting and easy, then got difficult but incredibly rewarding, kind of like a real job where you're excited to start a new project but then the deadline approaches. The invaluable skills I learned as far as sales theory and tools mastery is just a fraction of what I took from Flockjay. Before I even finished the program, they started setting me up with hiring partners to look for jobs. They stay with you every step of the way, through the entire hiring process by providing interview practice and email templates, and even after you get a job with their incredible alumni support, focus groups, and informative meetings to keep up with the ever-changing world of tech. I have seen significantly more expensive and longer programs that do way less for you. Ten weeks go by fast. Focus. Nose to the books. Get it done. Get rewarded.
  • Amazing course
    Jon Funk  User Photo
    Jon Funk • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was so worried about where my career path was leading and if I could turn sales into my future, but with Flockjay I did! The community and instructors of this program are amazing and give you such valuable knowledge that directly applies to your future job. On top of all that they have a top-notch career services team that fights to get you into the company and role you want. I highly recommend it.
    Ala Johnston  User Photo
    Ala Johnston • Future SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As soon as I passed my qualification interviews after 10 weeks of training, FlockJay set me up on interviews with TONS of top companies.

I'm still in the process of interviewing with them, but I don't have enough positive things to say about FlockJay. They built my confidence, taught me how to interview, and equipped me with the skills to succeed.

I'm very grateful and thankful for my experience with Flockjay.