devx-school-logo

DevX School

Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, Miami, New York City, Silicon Valley

DevX School

DevX School offers a 12-week Java Spring Software Development bootcamp and a 24-week Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) bootcamp in Des Plaines, Illinois. Both bootcamps are designed to fit around a work schedule. Courses meet after 5pm during the week and on the weekends.

All DevX School students will learn soft skills, including communication, leadership, and business intelligence. DevX School students will receive career assistance including resume help, interview preparation, and connection to job opportunities.

Recent DevX School Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (13) reviews for DevX School →

Recent DevX School News

• Java Spring Software Development

MongoDB, Java
      LocationChicago
      In the Java Spring Software Development bootcamp, students will learn technologies including advanced Java, Spring framework, Hibernate, Rest API, AWS, Jenkins, Android, MongoDB, among others. The bootcamp is designed to fit around a work schedule. Courses meet after 5pm during the week and on the weekends.
      Minimum Skill LevelDevX School does not require any prior IT knowledge. The bootcamp curriculum is built for absolute beginners.
    • Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)

MySQL, Java, Git
      LocationChicago
      SDET bootcamp students will learn technologies including Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Rest API, JUnit, Jenkins, Git, and MySQL. SDETs are technical engineers who have extensive technical skills to write programs which automate that human effort. The bootcamp is designed to fit around a work schedule. Courses meet after 5pm during the week and on the weekends.
    • UX/UI Designer

Agile, CSS, Design, Front End, User Experience Design
      LocationChicago
      Modern business success is hugely dependent on how much users enjoy the application. UX stands for User Experience. UX designers are responsible for making applications user-friendly and making sure users have a great experience while they are interacting with the business applications. UX designer's main responsibilities are product research, gathering feedback from clients, outlining information architecture (when and what information clients will see), creating wireframes (how is the information going to be displayed), prototyping the product, and product testing. UX design is a never-ending process as every innovation starts from UX design.
      Climb
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement
      Minimum Skill LevelEnglish - Intermediate
    • Great experience!
      - 11/28/2021
      Maryna N  User Photo
      Maryna N • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I am very glad that I made a decision to join DevX, it was probably one of the best things, where I could invest my time and the money! What I loved about the school the most is that everything was very organized, the instructors were very professional, and most important - they were patient, never regretted the time to stay an extra 30-40 minutes after class to explain additional questions, etc., and the material that was given to us was up to date. Also, there is a family atmosphere, which definitely helps to ease the stress!
    • Great School
      - 9/10/2021
      Daniel K  User Photo
      Daniel K • SDET • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This school is life changing thing , don't take as a joke bc during this 6 months of studying you will get more experience than you think! I like how the mentors well organize,I like their teaching teaching and more focused on you. This school not only gives you experience, You will become one of the part of this family.
      - 11/23/2021
      Tetiana • Student
      At DevX School my expectations were matched, I received a lot of useful and important information in the tech industry. I do not regret the decision of me taking the challenge and study with this school. You have full support of the instructors. My Java instructor -Baha does his job very well by bringing real life examples and explaining materials using different approaches.
    • Mr.
      - 11/23/2021
      Ashikul Fahad • Automation Tester
      Choosing DevX was an excellent choise that I made so far. The course is very intensive and interactive. I am learning new topics and technologies everyday through this course. I love the culture here and all the instructors are super awesome. They do their best to ensure that, you are moving forward along with the course. I choose DevX to achieve my career goals and I am on the right track.
    • Victoria • QA Engineer • Graduate
      If you want to step into the IT field but do not know where to start - a DevX school is the best place to reach! It was my greatest decision of 2021 to join them as I met so many new friends, worked with amazing and professional instructors and gained a lot of knowledge. In DevX SDET course you will learn everything starting from programming basics to advanced tools in testing. Very well organized school curriculum and skilled instructors will help you learn things in a most comfortable way ever because you just need your laptop, time and dedication. DevX school organizes the learning process in a way that there are technical and soft skills classes, group projects and mentoring with instructors. You'll have your hands on many interesting projects to develop the problem solving skills that you will use in your future job.
      What I really like is that with DevX , you're never alone because the instructors are always ready to help you with answering all of your questions.
      The SDET course is really intense but I believe that hard word pays off and if you're not satisfied with your current job and want to learn something new, then you're in the right time and place - DevX school will definitely help you in changing your life for the better and provide a lifetime experience!
    • Malika M. • Automation QA Engineer • Graduate
      I joined DevX 2 weeks later than others, but with the help of instructors, mentors and class recordings I was able to catch up really quick on weekends and be on the same page with my classmates! Previously I didn’t like online study, but due to the situation of the world Devx was online for Fall Batch 2020 and you can’t imagine how I was waiting for the classes everyday, I was so excited! I arrived to USA on March 2020, and on August 2021 I got three offers and started my job at JPMorgan Chase&Co as an Automation QA Engineer. I will not be able to land a job without my amazing instructors and mentors Askar, Adina, Sofiia, Marat, Nazar, Dan, Nursultan, and other people who supported us all 6 months of school and even after (sorry if I missed someone!)

Why I chose Devx? Because the program was different from other schools and from the first call I saw how they want to help you with your career and life.

Askar once said “Hard work pays off”, 6 months seems a long time, but once you’ll start it will be really fast. If you think to start, then do it. But my biggest advice is DON’T quit a course in the middle. Yes, it can be hard sometimes and you can start thinking it’s a wrong way. If you think so; it means you’re on the right way. Just keep pushing until you’ll get your first offer, start working and then you can say is it your job or not.

Good luck!
    • SDET
      - 10/1/2021
      Peter Z. • Graduate
      The best decision that I've made! With DevX 6 months pass really fast. Teachers and mentors are great professionals and know what they doing. They were really helpful throughout the course. Software Development Engineer in Test course covers a lot of popular tools and basics that are used in industry. I had no experience with coding before but in Devx learning that was easy. Overall I had a great experience with DevX and would recommend it to everyone.
    • Iryna R • Graduate
      It is always scary to step out of your comfort zone but instructors and mentors from DevX school made sure you succeed.
      DevX has a great curriculum and they really take time on explaining. They all understand that learning as a process and sometimes it takes time for some people and they are happy to explain again if needed. Also loved the way they explain, it is very easy so that people who has zero experience in computer science would understand.
      The program is intense as there's a lot of tools they cover but if you're dedicated to the school and to learn you will succeed, the mentors and instructors will make sure you do. They provide a lot of homework to practice, variety of projects and simulators. So after this 6 month you be a professional. You just need to dive in and trust instructors, and don't forget to study and practice.
    • Dana • Software Engineer in Test • Graduate
      DevX is a life-changing experience! I took professional certificate courses before and they were all average. But I can confidently say that DevX is a whole other level. DevX founders Askar and Adina along with the rest of the team carry about the students like family. The instructors are always ready to answer your questions and help you when you struggle. DevX curriculum is very intense, however, it is so much worth it. I've never felt like I was all by myself. My groupmates, my mentors, my instructors were always there to lift me up and help me reach my goal. The course covers the most important subjects, programming topics from ground zero, testing tools, CI/CD tools, and testing strategies that are highly in demand these days. The program also includes algorithms and data structure classes that help you understand how to write efficient and optimized code. There are also soft skills classes that cover the most important topics to get you ready for the job market. After completing the Bootcamp, you still get 100% of DevX support in finding the right job for you. Definitely recommend!
    • SDET
      - 5/30/2022
      I was deciding between DevX School and Flatiron school. After doing some research, I decided to go with DevX. The cost was very reasonable, they give you many options from being able to pay the full amount up front, split it to monthly payments or pay a small percentage of your salary after you’ve landed a job. It’s an intense 6-months course but it’s totally worth it. Some of the students do come back as mentors, I think it gives students an extra boost of motivation. If for some reason you weren’t able to make it to a live zoom class - you can rewatch it from your dashboard later on (if you signed up for this option). We worked on several projects as we navigated our way through the curriculum. I would say that the support we got from DevX was the most motivating and inspiring aspect because they want you to succeed. And they give you everything and more to successfully graduate and open the world of tech for yourself.
      Choosing DevX School was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. It helped me advance my carrier as an SDET tremendously. The course structure and content, delivery style of all the incredible teachers and all the support I have received from the whole DevX community was absolutely amazing. Askar, Madina, Dan, Marat, Nurs and all the other DevX teachers and mentors have been extremely helpful and supportive throughout the whole course. Anyone who is thinking about advancing their carriers or starting their IT carrier from the very beginning should definitely consider this school.
      It was a great pleasure to study at DEVXSCHOOL. Initially, I had doubts since I had 0 IT background. I knew how to use a computer but when it came to coding and building something I was totally lost. But at the beginning of the course, we really started from basics so everybody was on the same page. This helped a lot when instructors build knowledge from roots so students could pick it up later by themselves. As a beginner, I always had questions and the instructors were really responsive and helped me a lot. Also, the friendly environment of support from my classmates. To be honest I saw people quit in the first 2 weeks but if you stay and really study there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We helped each other and the information provided from school was really helpful in preparation for job interviews as well.

DevX School Outcomes

90% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 10% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 240 graduates included in report:

80% of job obtainers reported salaries. 20% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.