datacamp-logo

DataCamp

DataCamp

DataCamp is an online learning platform that helps students build data skills at their own pace. DataCamp courses include non-coding essentials like BI tools to data science and machine learning. DataCamp delivers hands-on learning experiences, including data skill assessments to track progress and provide personalized recommendations, interactive courses led by experts, practice challenges, and real-world projects. Datacamp offers 350+ courses in over 10 different technologies, including Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle SQL, Scala, Excel, spreadsheets. Datacamp provides flexible online training for every role and skill level.

Recent DataCamp Reviews: Rating 4.14

Translate data using R.
  • Data Scientist

Python
    OnlinePart Time94 Hours/week
    Students will use statistical and machine learning techniques with R programming to analyze and interpret complex data.
  • Python Programmer

Python, Cryptography
    OnlinePart Time36 Hours/week
    Use Python skills to wrangle data and build tools for data analysis.
  • Wonderful!
    - 5/6/2017
    Trustworthy Bootcamper • Research Coordinator • Graduate

I find DataCamp's lessons quite useful and easy to learn. The courses are challenging and get you thinking about the possibilities that can be done with Python and R. I have taken one R course and 5 Python courses so far. I will definitely be pursuing more as time allows.

I was able to use Python at my work almost immediately and have been able to manipulate data with codes that I learned from DataCamp. I highly recommend DataCamp to beginners like me. The steps of learning Python and R are quite logical and have a nice progression of knowledge and skill building.

• Great learning
    - 5/5/2017
    Temilade Adefioye • Graduate

Datacamp is a very great online school. I love that it's very practical and hands on. It makes learning data analysis fun for someone like me who wants to have a career in data science but has never done any form of data analytics before.

• Peter Gleeson • Student

I've used DataCamp for a couple months now learning python. If you wish to learn data science, this is the way to go. The tracks make it easy for you to know what to learn and their interactive coding gives great

• Antonio Serrano • Student

I took the course "Writing Functions in R" at DataCamp. It was pretty good and I was very satisfied with the contents. The teachers were both excelent.

But problems came when I tried to cancel my subscription. First I did it from the account settings and apparently was all right. End of story. But a few months later I unpleseantly found out that my subscription had been automatically reactivated!! I wrote an email to the DataCamp support team. They replied to me arguing that I had been to select the option "Forever" within the "Pause subscription" menu.

So, if you do not select “forever” in that hide option within the account settings–whose existence you could not know beforehand–, your account automatically reactivates. It is definitely a tricky ugly ruse to force the customer to pay. Unbelievable and unaccpetable. Very disappointing.

R is fairly difficult to learn, especially if you don't come from a strong statistics/programming background. Through taking all of their classes, you can go from a beginner to competent, but the path won't be easy.

The DataCamp interface is very glitchy - there are quite a few answers that I thought were right, couldn't solve, and after seeing what the actual answer was, still don't see any difference whatsoever. Additionally, if you run into any problems and e-mail the DataCamp team, they probably won't bother responding - I've sent multiple e-mails and followed up each time, never got a reply. They also sometimes ask you to use functions and knowledge they haven't taught you, and their built-in hints are sometimes useless.

In short, this is a very good resource to go from beginner to adequate with R. Just don't expect the road to be easy, and don't expect to have your hand held at all.

• Update Course
    - 6/14/2022
    They "updated" a course, cutting the best professor of data science career track while I am in the midle of the course. They don't even gave me the option to finish my track to get my certificate. His suport takes way to long to give me help. I investedd way to many time and money and now i can't even proceed with my course.
  • Python
    - 3/21/2022
    Excellent and very practical learning methodology
  • Analyst
    - 9/20/2021
    Feel scammed, price was advertised as a per-month charge of $25, when i looked at my credit card statement i was charged $300, and of course they don't offer refunds. On top of that, the course didn't even have all the datasets so I wasn't able to complete it. Honestly extremely frustrated.
  • Anonymous • Engineer • Graduate
     I absolutely love data camp. As an intro to R programmer. Despite I being a novice in the R program, the way to learn from the most basic and advanced, containing relevant and general points of the programming, helped me a lot to work on my own projects, I think that it contains all the necessary structure to be able to learn correctly They also included real life projects that helped me relate it to other fields.
  • Excellent
    - 3/12/2021
    This was the website recommended by the University to study and get ready to a Masters in Data Science.
    I found the courses very interesting and well built. It definitely helped with the basics! Overall I'd definitely recommend using DataCamp (don't forget to practice "out in the wild" what you learn there).
  • Anonymous • Data Analyst • Student
    Honestly speaking DataCamp is the best learning site to me. I've taken a lot of from Coursera, EdX, Udemy, Udacity but DataCamp is my first love site... It’s step by step coding system is amazing & make easy learning to any learners. Best of luck DataCamp.