datacamp-logo

DataCamp

DataCamp

DataCamp is an online learning platform that helps students build data skills at their own pace. DataCamp courses include non-coding essentials like BI tools to data science and machine learning. DataCamp delivers hands-on learning experiences, including data skill assessments to track progress and provide personalized recommendations, interactive courses led by experts, practice challenges, and real-world projects. Datacamp offers 350+ courses in over 10 different technologies, including Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle SQL, Scala, Excel, spreadsheets. Datacamp provides flexible online training for every role and skill level.

Recent DataCamp Reviews: Rating 4.03

Translate data using R.
  • Data Scientist

Python
    OnlinePart Time94 Hours/week
    Students will use statistical and machine learning techniques with R programming to analyze and interpret complex data.
  • Python Programmer

Python, Cryptography
    OnlinePart Time36 Hours/week
    Use Python skills to wrangle data and build tools for data analysis.
  • Antonio Serrano • Student

I took the course "Writing Functions in R" at DataCamp. It was pretty good and I was very satisfied with the contents. The teachers were both excelent.

But problems came when I tried to cancel my subscription. First I did it from the account settings and apparently was all right. End of story. But a few months later I unpleseantly found out that my subscription had been automatically reactivated!! I wrote an email to the DataCamp support team. They replied to me arguing that I had been to select the option "Forever" within the "Pause subscription" menu.

So, if you do not select “forever” in that hide option within the account settings–whose existence you could not know beforehand–, your account automatically reactivates. It is definitely a tricky ugly ruse to force the customer to pay. Unbelievable and unaccpetable. Very disappointing.

R is fairly difficult to learn, especially if you don't come from a strong statistics/programming background. Through taking all of their classes, you can go from a beginner to competent, but the path won't be easy.

The DataCamp interface is very glitchy - there are quite a few answers that I thought were right, couldn't solve, and after seeing what the actual answer was, still don't see any difference whatsoever. Additionally, if you run into any problems and e-mail the DataCamp team, they probably won't bother responding - I've sent multiple e-mails and followed up each time, never got a reply. They also sometimes ask you to use functions and knowledge they haven't taught you, and their built-in hints are sometimes useless.

In short, this is a very good resource to go from beginner to adequate with R. Just don't expect the road to be easy, and don't expect to have your hand held at all.

• Analyst
    - 9/20/2021
    Feel scammed, price was advertised as a per-month charge of $25, when i looked at my credit card statement i was charged $300, and of course they don't offer refunds. On top of that, the course didn't even have all the datasets so I wasn't able to complete it. Honestly extremely frustrated.
  • Anonymous • Engineer • Graduate
     I absolutely love data camp. As an intro to R programmer. Despite I being a novice in the R program, the way to learn from the most basic and advanced, containing relevant and general points of the programming, helped me a lot to work on my own projects, I think that it contains all the necessary structure to be able to learn correctly They also included real life projects that helped me relate it to other fields.
  • Excellent
    - 3/12/2021
    This was the website recommended by the University to study and get ready to a Masters in Data Science.
    I found the courses very interesting and well built. It definitely helped with the basics! Overall I'd definitely recommend using DataCamp (don't forget to practice "out in the wild" what you learn there).
  • Anonymous • Data Analyst • Student
    Honestly speaking DataCamp is the best learning site to me. I've taken a lot of from Coursera, EdX, Udemy, Udacity but DataCamp is my first love site... It’s step by step coding system is amazing & make easy learning to any learners. Best of luck DataCamp.
    Beware of DataCamp! When you sign up, it's for a year, but it will automatically enroll you in a subscription service that will automatically renew. This is buried in their terms of service. Before the renewal, they will send you a "happy anniversary" email. It looks like spam, but when you scroll below the fold, you'll see a notification in this email that you're about to be renewed.

Incredibly deceiving and disappointing.
    Datacamp scammed me about of $180. This is a small, new, young business that isn't stable. You always have to be careful of their business practices.

I graduated and no longer needed the software and haven't used it in over a year. Still they bill you and refuse refund because even though you only sign one year, they will auto-enroll you without your knowledge even though I only signed for 1 year because I knew that's all I would've needed.

Very deceitful and very sinister business practice. That kind of treatment towards customers made me want to warn everyone to stay away from this service as they do whatever they can to get your money. There's a reason they don't have a phone number or customer support. Because of all the complaints they get and don't want to hear. It's really poor service and nothing they teach isn't already out there for free already. Please do yourself a favor and avoid DataCamp. I cannot stress enough what deceitful business practices they have with auto-enrolling and hidden billing. Do NOT pay for DataCamp. Do NOT use it. learn on your own or buy a book, much more cost-effective anyway. And their exercises aren't always perfect or explanatory either.
  • I enjoyed it
    - 4/18/2020
    Anonymous • Data Scientist • Student
    I would say the difficulty with Data Camp courses seem to be on the easier side- they however did a great job making the courses fun. I got my first Data Scientist position and a 10% raise within the same company but different department only 4 ~ 5 months after I started DataCamp. Then I realised that Data Camp wasn't enough for me for my job and I need to learn more, I therefore registered myself into an online master degree. The online master degree is way more challenging than DataCamp but if not because I really enjoyed my experience with DataCamp, I wouldn't even thought about doing an online master degree. I now have my second data scientist position in another company, which pays 69 % higher than my first Data scientist position. While I am taking my online master courses right now, I still use datacamp to brush up my data related skills and I've really enjoyed it. Data Camp isn't everything, but it's really good for people to build up the habit of learning new things every day.
  • Denis
    - 11/20/2019

Strongly not recommend it! Especially if you are new in codding. All other providers from Coursera, EDX to Udemy have better approaches to codding. Some times I visiting their site (DataCamp) and find some useful things. But I strongly not recommend totally rely on this sourse. I'm confident You will not learn faster, but you will understand less.