datacamp-logo

DataCamp

DataCamp

DataCamp is an online learning platform that helps students build data skills at their own pace. DataCamp courses include non-coding essentials like BI tools to data science and machine learning. DataCamp delivers hands-on learning experiences, including data skill assessments to track progress and provide personalized recommendations, interactive courses led by experts, practice challenges, and real-world projects. Datacamp offers 350+ courses in over 10 different technologies, including Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle SQL, Scala, Excel, spreadsheets. Datacamp provides flexible online training for every role and skill level.

Recent DataCamp Reviews: Rating 4.13

Translate data using R.
  • Data Scientist

Python
    OnlinePart Time94 Hours/week
    Students will use statistical and machine learning techniques with R programming to analyze and interpret complex data.
  • Python Programmer

Python, Cryptography
    OnlinePart Time36 Hours/week
    Use Python skills to wrangle data and build tools for data analysis.
  • Andey Nunes  User Photo
    Andey Nunes • grad student & research assistant Verified via LinkedIn

I started taking R courses last summer to get an edge in my statistics coursework. I'm proud to say I've been able to do all my homework, reports, and papers in R Markdown! Now I'm taking Python courses, and I'm continuing to gain valuable skills while learning at my own pace.

I have already recommended DataCamp to everyone one in several classes I'm taking at Portland State University because these tutorials have given me the confidence to learn, share, and explore more about R and Python.

• Frank Szalai  User Photo
    Frank Szalai • Finance Manager Verified via LinkedIn

Great courses and instructors, nice structure, I love the tracks function, enough repetition but increasingly more difficult exercises, anyone interested in learning R should check DataCamp out.

• Jeremy Voisey  User Photo
    Jeremy Voisey • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Course chapters are split into a series of short videos, which explain new concepts well, followed by guided exercises. The exercises are pitched at the right level to ensure you have understood the videos.

The course instructors are articulate and knowlegable. Some of them are university lecturers or the authors of the packages being explained.

There are a large number of courses, covering a good variety of skills.

• Pavle  User Photo
    Pavle • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    It is very well organised platform to learn data science proper way. I used it to learn python for data science and data science as a new thing as well. I recommend it as a way to learn fast tips and tricks of this field but it is not enough if you want to become real expert. It doesn't cover every aspect.
  • Nasim • Student
    I was going through a a lot of coding camp, but I found them really expensive. But I found out about datacamp and its courses,  and I found out this camp is going to be my best choice. It helped me understand concepts better in comparison to other coding courses. I absolutely enjoy spend 7 hours in a day studying and solving and exercising. I'm super happy with my choice.
  • Adam R. • Data Integration Specialist
     I work as a data integration specialist at an EdTech company and we do a lot of processing using python, pandas, numpy, and SQL. Without a doubt, everything I have learned over my last two months at datacamp.com has helped me work more efficiently when it comes to processing student data.

I absolutely love the fact that the whole platform is built on continuous feedback via the built in excercises. No need for an extra IDE...everything you need to learn is in one place. There isn't a shortage of excercises. You don't just watch tutorial, you try what you've learned and you know right away if you're right or not. This beats all the other courses where you either just watch some explanation, or be given an excercise to never know if you actually did them correctly.

I was lucky that my employer paid for a yearly subscription, but even if they had not, knowing what I know now, I would have paid for the subscription myself.
  • Hasan • Student
    So after finishing the entire DataScience Career track and multiple random courses in Python I can say without a doubt this is an amazing intro platform.
    So let me be clear, Datacamp is ideal for students to quickly go over complex topics and get their feet wet ever so slightly. This is because the excercises are very obvious and they hold your hand a lot, but I would take that as a good thing.
    Because the best way to learn Data science is to learn just the minimum and then jump directly onto projects and once you come across tough concepts then just dwell deeper into them.
    So to get through the absolute minimum and retaining the info(as you actually code and play with code) Datacamp is ideal.

However if you are looking for a challenging excercise everytime you learn a topic then this isnt for you. I am glad it isnt as it would have taken me twice as long to complete the tracks.

One issue is that some topics here and there are covered by some lecturers , who doesnt do that great of a job explaining, but most are pretty amazing.

I always keep referring back to my Datacamp cheat sheet or slides to recall certain concepts when working on projects, they are super helpful.

One amazing thing in the data science track is that the order in which they teach you is exactly how you need to tackle the data science projects, they keep your mind clear and structured.
  • Rajeev Gujral • Sr. Project Officer • Student
    I hereby submit my heartfelt gratitude to the entire DataCamp Team for providing a wonderful online education and self-learning platform with plethora of courses having updated curriculum and experience content creators. Learning was never been so fun and easy. I could easily pick a track of my interest and rest all was taken care by DataCamp. The course content, video lectures, transcripts, practice and assessments including interim projects helped me gain the required skills in the domain. I feel confident now and am glad that could implement the acquired knowledge in my daily work profile. It really helped in gaining a place and repute in the organisation. Keep up the good work team and must attend for all Data enthusiasts.
  • Chris • Student
    First I need to address the major complaint I have found when looking through reviews. I have not yet canceled my membership, but I have been made aware that when you cancel, it will cancel your current subscription, but continue to auto-renew. This is a very underhanded way to try and forcefully get extra subscription fees, which is a shame because they actually offer a pretty good product otherwise.

The other complaint I see a lot is about the courses being too easy, and in a lot of cases, I would agree. If I took the courses as presented, they usually would not be challenging. In the course, it gives you a lot of the code that it wants you to input with some fill-in-the-blank spots and tips. Now a lot of people probably don't consider this, but it isn't forcing you to use that code.

I usually delete most or all of this handout code, unless it is an exercise that I already have a thorough understanding of. This allows me to solidify my understanding, work on my own formatting and organization methods for the code, rather than just filling in some blanks, and get used to actually running the code with more general instructions and knowing what terms to use.

I am currently learning SQL and have used DataCamp to brush up on my Excel knowledge. I will say that the Excel courses were pretty bad in particular, not because of the content of the lessons, but because of a badly designed excel clone interface that can return an error when using left click to select a cell or array as a reference, forcing you to manually type cell references, which I personally never do in my practical applications.

So far, I have been able to learn a decent amount through the SQL courses, and while I doubt it will actually be enough for a career, this is an interactive and engaging way to learn these programming languages in a way that makes it easy to pass the time and gives you feedback for your errors. The courses on here are honestly more interesting and engaging than the programming classes I took in high school as a part of a college program, and it makes it easier to understand the concepts. I feel like DataCamp is a good starting point, or a good way to brush up on skills, but will not get you to the same level as a college degree, which should be expected from the price. I paid $139 for a 1-year subscription and I would say that that is a pretty good value with how well my skills are developing. Once I complete everything there is for SQL, I plan to move on to Python.
  • Great learning path
    - 11/16/2021
    Letícia Genelhu • Mining Engineer • Student

What I liked the most was that I felt suported by the tips and how well they explained the steps in the exercises, it really helped me remember the last lessons I had taken. Also it didn't feel scary and there is always a feedback button for the tips and I guess that helps to make them better.

• Data Analyst
    - 10/29/2021
    Vamshi Krishna Prime • Data Analyst • Student
    Review:
    I highly recommend DataCamp subscription for Data Science learning journey. What makes DataCamp stand out  from the countless online resources and course providers is the depth in the content and structured courses to help both the beginners and professionals alike. You'll never be disappointed with the quality of the content, quantity of the courses and flexibility in switching between programming languages to learn the Data Science. Practice modules and guided projects are a plus, making the subscription a worth while. DataCamp has the potential to make a strong impact on your career. Do give it a try, it might even surprise you (in a good way) !

My Experience:
    As a vivid learner, I have 38 certifications related to Data Science including IBM AI Engineer, and Nanodegree in Self Driving Cars. I still recommend DataCamp for learning, practicing and revising your data skills. When I started learning Data Science back in 2010, there were not much resources available, hence without much guidance I started learning every resource available in the internet. I wasted huge amount of time trying to find the right content, spent thousands of dollars to acquire the relevant knowledge. Because of DataCamp, you are fortunate enough to bypass the very same struggles, afford it at decent prices, and most importantly all resources are presented in a structured manner to shape you from being a novice to professional. Do give it a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Below is the detailed review on the DataCamp, throwing a limelight on the key aspects:

Pros:
    1. Be a beginner or professional, you have 320+ courses tailored for your requirements. If you are a beginner, you have a wide range of introductory courses waiting for you. If you are a professional, you will love challenging courses like Deep Learning, NLP, and OpenCV. Some courses might even surprise you (in a good way) !
    2. Instead of debating whether Python or R is the best language to learn Data Science, you can start the same tracks/courses in any language.
    3. SQL is an integral part of learning for programmers and non-programmers (Business Analyst) alike. You can start your journey as Data Analyst completely focused on SQL language.
    4. One of the most important skill for an data enthusiast is the ability to convey the data in a convincing yet beautiful data dashboards. You can start learning your visualization skills using the two most widely adapted software tools in the data industry: Power BI and Tableau.
    5. Finished the skill track/career track as per your interest, well don't stop yet, there are ton's of practice modules to test your skills.
    6. At present there are 79 projects (both guided and unguided) to build a strong portfolio to showcase, a count far greater than any certification provider will present you.
    7. You may not find this in the DataCamp catalog, but yes they do provide Career services. You just has to pass their special certification to avail it.
    8. The courses are categorized as both skill tracks (Data Science, Machine Learning, SQL, etc.) and career tracks (Data Analyst, Data Scientist, ML Engineer, etc.). Is it worth mentioning this point? Yes, when you are a beginner and do not know which course to begin with, these tracks saves the hassle of going through the entire catalog.
    9. Unlike, 'learn by watching the videos' approach, DataCamp offers hands on practice, which is rare with most course providers. As they don't rely on video content much, updates are rolled out frequently, making the content up to date with the latest trends.
    10. This is the most important and my favorite point of all, which is the reason I saved the best for the last. You do not have to take an education loan to acquire strong knowledge on Data Science. The DataCamp subscription won't cause you much, yet it has the potential to make a strong impact on your career. So what are you waiting for !!

Cons:
    1. No one on one support. This is not something to stress on, unless you are a high school student trying some advanced courses.
    2. No job guarantee. Come on, even universities can't promise you that.

My Profile for authenticity purpose:
    Name: Vamshi Krishna Prime
    Portfolio Site: www.vamshi-krishna.com
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/vamshi-krishna-prime/
    DataCamp Profile: https://datacamp.com/profile/vamshi-krishna-prime
  • hesham fouad • Applicant
    actually datacamp is a great and precious  source for programming and data science learning. what is most important is the simple way of video learning online courses describing the full details of the course and science