datacamp-logo

DataCamp

DataCamp

DataCamp is an online learning platform that helps students build data skills at their own pace. DataCamp courses include non-coding essentials like BI tools to data science and machine learning. DataCamp delivers hands-on learning experiences, including data skill assessments to track progress and provide personalized recommendations, interactive courses led by experts, practice challenges, and real-world projects. Datacamp offers 350+ courses in over 10 different technologies, including Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle SQL, Scala, Excel, spreadsheets. Datacamp provides flexible online training for every role and skill level.

Recent DataCamp Reviews: Rating 4.03

Translate data using R.
  • Data Scientist

Python
    OnlinePart Time94 Hours/week
    Students will use statistical and machine learning techniques with R programming to analyze and interpret complex data.
  • Python Programmer

Python, Cryptography
    OnlinePart Time36 Hours/week
    Use Python skills to wrangle data and build tools for data analysis.
  • Daniel Isidro Custodio Duran • Python Developer • Student
    I knew Datacamp by friends' reviews, since the first thought, seems the best option to start learning about this exciting field of data, I'm learning in a way practical way,  after each lesson of explanation, you practice the new knowledge. I never get bored with the lessons. Besides, Datacamp usually offers discounts in annual subscription. :)
  • Ricardo Clavijo • Student
    The courses are easy to understand, the exercises give a good look of the topic of the course.
  • Good SQL resource
    - 3/12/2021
    Brian P • Product Management • Graduate
     The SQL Skill Tracks offered are good learning resources, they currently offer courses using SQL Server and PostGreSQL. Topics are introduced with a quick 2-5 minute video and then the user gets to go practice the skills, often in a guided practice environment that provides useful feedback if you make a mistake. Site also offers projects where users can go use the skills they learned and a skills test that can help the user identify areas of weakness.

Went through multiple skill tracks in a short period and gained a lot of confidence in my ability to write SQL queries. While the topics covered across the skill tracks were often similar (basics, aggregate functions, dates, nested q's, CTE's, window functions..), I actually found this very beneficial as it re-enforced the core concepts I needed to learn. Plus, you learn something different from each course, so you're learning different ways to use those core concepts.

I have enjoyed all SQL offerings from DataCamp so far and I will be continuing my education on the site with a focus on Python next. I have only just started, but it's the same style learning experiences with a lot more course and track offerings, and I am feel like I am learning Python already.
  • Vikas Kumar Sharma • Student
    First of all thank you DataCamp for the awesome content you guys have curated for the learners like me. Previously, I have been in to a lot of confusion about where to start my data analytics journey. I have also joined a paid course but their content is not that much of quality that a novice learner can digest. After a rigorous research, I stumbled upon DataCamp and after taking their free course, I immediately subscribed. One most important thing about DataCamp's content is that, they have created bite sized lectures and most importantly after every theory lecture there are plenty of exercises to do. I would say the ratio of theory and practical is 1:5.
    For a beginner, who wants to pursue his/her career in data science or data engineering, DataCamp is a must thing to have.
    Thanks!!!
  • Love DataCamp!
    - 3/11/2021
    Monica Florio • Student
    I love that with DataCamp, I get a video, text instructions that reinforce or add to what was introduced in the video, and a practice space. As I'm doing the exercises, I can get hints if I get stuck. With so many instructors and class topics, it's a great value and a well-designed learning space.
  • I am an IT profesional with 15 years of experience trying to start a carrer related with Data. • Infraestructure Principal. • Student
    Hello,
    I am very please with dstacamp, first it is beginner friendly, the video course are short, and they apply the prínciple of learning by doing.
  • Jozef • Front- end webdeveloper • Student

I came in contact with datacamp when i did an online mooc on EDX.

A lot of the times it worked great but also a lot of the times it did not.

For example it took them 3 weeks to fix a link where you needed to download a data set. Also a lot of right answere are rejected because it is not exactly like it should be. I f your code looks even a little bit off it is rejected.

The platform looks great but I personnly would never have used it if it was not used by that EDX course.

• Sudarshana • Telecommunication Professional

I like Datacamp because you don't need to install any additional software to do any courses.

Instractions are simple and easy to understand. You can follow courses related to specific skill set or programming language.

If Datacamp can facilitate Job Assitance, it is really helpful to the people who is looking to change their carreer path.

• C • Analyst • Graduate

The overall experience is not good. You can find alternative online learning place out there. The subscription is the worst I had been experience. It's unprofessional & unacceptable. So much disappointment on this US company. Not going to use it again.

• Excellent Learning
    - 5/13/2017
    Ian Frantz • Business Process Improvement Specialist • Student

I've been taking online courses for five years now and love DataCamps format for learning. I treat the material the same as I would any class and keep a notebook and really work on the problems instead of taking hints or showing solutions. I have six different datacamp certificates and as my learning R has improved the course tracks DataCamp offers have been great in helping me reach my next level in the long journey of Data Science. :]