datacamp-logo

DataCamp

DataCamp

DataCamp is an online learning platform that helps students build data skills at their own pace. DataCamp courses include non-coding essentials like BI tools to data science and machine learning. DataCamp delivers hands-on learning experiences, including data skill assessments to track progress and provide personalized recommendations, interactive courses led by experts, practice challenges, and real-world projects. Datacamp offers 350+ courses in over 10 different technologies, including Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle SQL, Scala, Excel, spreadsheets. Datacamp provides flexible online training for every role and skill level.

Recent DataCamp Reviews: Rating 4.06

Translate data using R.
  • Data Scientist

Python
    OnlinePart Time94 Hours/week
    Students will use statistical and machine learning techniques with R programming to analyze and interpret complex data.
  • Python Programmer

Python, Cryptography
    OnlinePart Time36 Hours/week
    Use Python skills to wrangle data and build tools for data analysis.
  • Carlos Roberto Cruz Maldonado  User Photo
    Carlos Roberto Cruz Maldonado • Computational Biologist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before taking courses from DataCamp I had no idea of how to develop a Data Science project portfolio. Now I'm getting the visibility I needed and developing skills I would not have opportunity to develop in academia.
  • Andre  User Photo
    Andre • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I Loved the the content as well as the unique presentation that it has, i'd absolutely recommend it.
  • SS SR Professional
    - 3/15/2021
    Juan Pablo Cuellar  User Photo
    Juan Pablo Cuellar • SS SR professional • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really love DataCamp! As an outsider of the area, I'm a food engineer, I have found it really helpful to jump into this area. Now I'm looking into a career change. It's not only a learning site, you can practice, connect with professionals, find useful tips and cheat sheets. And a bonus, their podcast is really awesome too, I got inspired by the guests in it.
  • Jan-Peter Wüllner  User Photo
    Jan-Peter Wüllner • Data Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The content of datacamp is comprehensive and the course instructions are motivating to solve more and more tasks. I like the embedded R-Client in the Web-Interface which enables to learn even on a small laptop. That increases the learning oppurtinities since I can just grab my laptop on the couch and learn something new in R.
    Well done, I like to achieve more and more xp!
  • My name is Olatunji Gabriel. I am currently in my 400 Level studying Electrical Electronics Engineering at the University of Lagos. I am a lifetime learner. A data scientist enthusiast.   User Photo
    My name is Olatunji Gabriel. I am currently in my 400 Level studying Electrical Electronics Engineering at the University of Lagos. I am a lifetime learner. A data scientist enthusiast. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Data science is a field that works with data. Data camp has taken their time to exhibit a well structured curriculum. Learning through Data Camp has been very encouraging and retaining because tutorial videos are concise and detailed. There are plenty of guided coding exercises in every module without local installation of any IDE. Everything is done online. The guided and unguided projects has been helpful in giving me real world experiences of working with real world data.
    Thanks to Data Camp.
  • Olutola Seun Paul  User Photo
    Olutola Seun Paul • Learner • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Datacamp has helped me to develop a core data science skill, namely ML, Data Cleaning and Wrangling, Data Visualization and the likes, I am very confident in the skill-sets taught by datacamp and its tutors. Learning continues....
  • Cliff  User Photo
    Cliff • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Material is decent and is good for beginners though may be too rudimentary and not applicable for real life projects. However my biggest issue is with their payment renewal system. I had signed up specifically for only a month subscription and was under the impression that after the month was done my subscription would be over. However based on their policy they automatically auto-renew you for whatever period you signed up for (monthly/yearly). Their websites hides this fact and briefly mentions they set it to auto-renewal by default no matter what and they no refund will be given. They say they send an email to all subscribers regarding this policy but none was received. Furthermore, when you realize (like I did) they secretly charged you for 3 extra months without you knowing and try to cancel on their website, you are only canceling for the current month and auto-renewal is still in place. That means you need to read the cancelation careful to cancel the current month subscription and then cancel auto-renewal. This company has decent material but very shady practices. The fact that I cannot even remove my billing information from their platform is another cause for concern. With how shady they are, what is stopping them from secretly billing me again? I would be very careful.
  • Sadie  User Photo
    Sadie • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I got a data camp subscription because I wanted to get better at coding and learn stuff like R and Pandas. Unfortunately it was kind of a waste of time and money. The courses are redundant and don't actually help you build skill-- they hand you all the answers and there is no room to challenge yourself. edX and Rosalind are both free sites that are worth your time. I wouldn't recommend a data camp subscription because it is very hard to cancel: they don't have a customer service phone line, and it was nearly impossible for me to cancel my subscription-- even once I did they over-billed me.
  • Overall Experience:

Pros:
    1. It has videos to explain a concept
    2. Many concepts are included and explained that not all MOOCs provide
    3. It offers certificates to make me motivated to complete the course
    4. It offers courses in Phyton and R
    5. It has a lot courses that can be choosen from
    6. Cheaper than many other MOOCs
    7. It offers projects that you can work on after completing several courses
    Cons:
    1. I don't feel like I was challenged enough
    2. Many exercises are too easy and only fill in the blanks
    7. The code is half done
    8. Not really learning by doing
    9. Can just copy paste from the slide lectures
    10. Material and testing really is so basic
    11. The level of difficulty at Datacamp seems to be below other beginners courses and some of the quizzes/tests could be done simply by copying and pasting from the question (i.e. without having any real comprehension of the material).

Overall, It doesn't meet my expectations on a Data Science Course because I don't feel I learn, know, and understand after completing the course because the exercises were just fill in the blanks from the given instructions. Should have give the customer many challenging exercises where they coded from the beginning to the end without feel being spoon-fed. Customer will remember, understand, and learn more if they are asked to think and code for the solution themselves.