DataCamp is a time flexible, online data science learning platform offering tutorials and courses in data science. Students can master data analysis from the comfort of their browser, at their own pace, and tailored to their needs and expertise. DataCamp has free beginner courses or the option to pay a subscription fee for access to all premium courses. Students can either pay $25 per month or $250 per year for access. In addition to tutorials, there are also coding challenges. DataCamp focuses on the technology R, used for Big Data, data visualization, and programming with R.
Recent DataCamp Reviews: Rating 3.93
Recent DataCamp News
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $300 Class size N/A Location OnlineTranslate data using R.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans $25 per month
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
OnlinePart Time94 Hours/week
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $300 Class size N/A Location OnlineStudents will use statistical and machine learning techniques with R programming to analyze and interpret complex data.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans $25 per month
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $300 Class size N/A Location OnlineUse Python skills to wrangle data and build tools for data analysis.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans $25 per month
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
44 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Just OK- 8/13/2018Anonymous • Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Scientist • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- R.M. S • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
1. It has videos to explain a concept
2. Many concepts are included and explained that not all MOOCs provide
3. It offers certificates to make me motivated to complete the course
4. It offers courses in Phyton and R
5. It has a lot courses that can be choosen from
6. Cheaper than many other MOOCs
7. It offers projects that you can work on after completing several courses
1. I don't feel like I was challenged enough
2. Many exercises are too easy and only fill in the blanks
3. Easy forget the concept after finish the course
4. I feel I don't grasp or learn much after the end of the concept
5. Minimal repetition to embed any learning
6. Repetition between the videos and the notes in the exercise
7. The code is half done
8. Not really learning by doing
9. Can just copy paste from the slide lectures
10. Material and testing really is so basic
11. The level of difficulty at Datacamp seems to be below other beginners courses and some of the quizzes/tests could be done simply by copying and pasting from the question (i.e. without having any real comprehension of the material).
Overall, It doesn't meet my expectations on a Data Science Course because I don't feel I learn, know, and understand after completing the course because the exercises were just fill in the blanks from the given instructions. Should have give the customer many challenging exercises where they coded from the beginning to the end without feel being spoon-fed. Customer will remember, understand, and learn more if they are asked to think and code for the solution themselves.
- Learning R and Python- 5/17/2017Cal Lewis • Data Manager (retired) • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I highly recommend DataCamp for anyone considering R and/or Python for intense data analysis. Whether your interest is related to data you already have and desire to apply statistical analysis properly or your interest is in ultimately becoming a Data Scientist, DataCamp is the way to go. As a Data Manager I've always had the desire to deep dive into analysis but also limited in time to do so. Now that I'm retired I've started that deep dive in both R and Python with the help of DataCamp's instructors. The beginning courses are somewhat easy for experienced programmers, my prior languages were Assembler, FORTRAN, VB, C, C++, and C#. But after the beginning courses the instruction becomes more challenging so I've started the practice of having RStudio or Python open on one screen and DataCamp open on another, this way I can move between screens and use what I'm learning immediately on the data I want to clean and analyze. It slows my progress somewhat in my course work but greatly reinforces the learning experience.
- Best Online Learning I've found- 5/12/2017Buddy Goertz • Owner/Data Analyst • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I've tried many different online training options. Datacamp has the best format for learning, in my opinion. What I like is, you are introduced visually to some material to learn, then you have to take that and complete some learning exercises before continuing. You always have the option to skip to the solution if you are completely stumped, but if you are serious about learning, you will use all resources you can muster to complete the material on your own. The points you earn give you an idea of how you are doing.
- Absolutly perfect- 5/11/2017Matthew Ludwig • Student • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I don´t know exactly how i got to DataCamp, but seriously, it is one of the best experience i ever made!
I did some other courses before on pages like Coursera and Udemy, but they are not comparable to DataCamp for 2 reasons:
- DataCamp has the absolut best Price/Value ratio ever. You only pay about 29$ bucks and you can do so much courses as you want for a whole month.
- The courses are build like this: Every course is seperated into 5 moduls - which are seperated into 3 chunks. Each chunk looks like this: You listen to a 2-3 minute video of an instructor who explains some concepts. Then, you have to do 3-4 Code-Challanges were you can put the concepts into praxis - immediately! This is in my opionen way more efficent than just looking hour-long videos on other sides.
By the way: When you are a really activ user, you will get invited to privat groups by DataCamp (together with other Highflyer) to Beta-Test new Courses. But for this, you should get at least 40.000 XP in ~ 30 days.
- Hament Pandya • Medic • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
Data Camp is an excellent online tool for learning data science. As a non-programmer, learning R, in particular, would have been nearly impossible without the brilliant courses offered. Data Camp has been an invaluable adjunct to the Coursera Data Science Specialisation. If you are interested in acquiring valuable skills in data science, I would thoroughly recommend signing up for Data Camp !
- Data Science with Python- 5/9/2017Bart Goodell • Personal Trainer • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I am not a strong programmer, but through the short instruction videos and then the exercises, my ability to use python to do data science has really progressed. I'm now able to do import from various formats, analysis, visualization, bootstrap, and most importantly, clean and organize my data to do the above. Throw in 3 different machine learning courses (supervised, unsupervised and deep learning) and I am feeling much better about my data science abilities.
- Brian Baert • Lecturer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
What I appreciate most are the easy, short and very understandable video instructions, immediately followed by accessible exercises.
Studying data science (with Python) wherever and whenever you want, for instance, when you have a few minutes during lunch break you can make a quick exercise and feel good about it!
Excellent work Datacamp, I'll introduce my students to it next semester :-)
- The best yet- 5/9/2017ako adams • Medical Doctor • Applicant • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Learning R and Data Science on Datacamp has been an amazing experience. The tutors, the online R interface, the ease of learning and responsiveness of the site makes datacamp my go-to for constant R practice. Learning R has been so fun I decided to learn Python on datacamp too! And they constantly add new materials especially on core statistics which I find invaluable for an aspiring statistician and data scientist like myself.
- Andey Nunes • grad student & research assistant • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I started taking R courses last summer to get an edge in my statistics coursework. I'm proud to say I've been able to do all my homework, reports, and papers in R Markdown! Now I'm taking Python courses, and I'm continuing to gain valuable skills while learning at my own pace.
I have already recommended DataCamp to everyone one in several classes I'm taking at Portland State University because these tutorials have given me the confidence to learn, share, and explore more about R and Python.
- A great way to learn R- 5/8/2017Frank Szalai • Finance Manager • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Excellent format for learnng- 5/7/2017Jeremy Voisey • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Course chapters are split into a series of short videos, which explain new concepts well, followed by guided exercises. The exercises are pitched at the right level to ensure you have understood the videos.
The course instructors are articulate and knowlegable. Some of them are university lecturers or the authors of the packages being explained.
There are a large number of courses, covering a good variety of skills.
- It is very well organised platform to learn data science proper way. I used it to learn python for data science and data science as a new thing as well. I recommend it as a way to learn fast tips and tricks of this field but it is not enough if you want to become real expert. It doesn't cover every aspect.
- EDX HarvardX: PH526x Using Python for Research- 10/5/2018Jozef • Front- end webdeveloper • Student • Campus: Online
I came in contact with datacamp when i did an online mooc on EDX.
A lot of the times it worked great but also a lot of the times it did not.
For example it took them 3 weeks to fix a link where you needed to download a data set. Also a lot of right answere are rejected because it is not exactly like it should be. I f your code looks even a little bit off it is rejected.
The platform looks great but I personnly would never have used it if it was not used by that EDX course.
- Best online learning so far- 2/9/2018Mounika • Campus: Online
- Great Learning Experiance- 5/23/2017Sudarshana • Telecommunication Professional • Campus: Online
I like Datacamp because you don't need to install any additional software to do any courses.
Instractions are simple and easy to understand. You can follow courses related to specific skill set or programming language.
If Datacamp can facilitate Job Assitance, it is really helpful to the people who is looking to change their carreer path.
- Think twice before you subscribe it- 5/16/2017C • Analyst • Graduate • Campus: Online
- Excellent Learning- 5/13/2017Ian Frantz • Business Process Improvement Specialist • Student • Campus: Online
I've been taking online courses for five years now and love DataCamps format for learning. I treat the material the same as I would any class and keep a notebook and really work on the problems instead of taking hints or showing solutions. I have six different datacamp certificates and as my learning R has improved the course tracks DataCamp offers have been great in helping me reach my next level in the long journey of Data Science. :]
- Great set of courses!- 5/12/2017Taras Kaduk • Student • Campus: Online
This is my second year on DataCamp, and I am loving it. The content is great, the videos are informational enough. As for the tasks, they depend on the course you're taking. Some are more helpful than the others.
But overall, a great platform to learn R (or Python, I assume)
I also happen to do SQL assignments from edX course via DataCamp. So I guess the platform is capable of growing outside of R/Python boundaries.
- A good beginner platform for learning R- 5/11/2017Duc Pham • Graduate • Campus: Online
Instructions are clear and the step-by-step exercises did a great job of easing beginners into learning.
The server can be unstable sometimes which will disconnect the session or automatically log you out when you turn off your computer so a good practice is to submit your work before going on to do other things.
- Data Scientist with R- 5/10/2017Rajat Anand • Campus: Online
I have been taking DataCamp online courses for R for last 4 months and all the courses are very well strucutred. Every chapter starts from very basics and gradually covers all the topics in-depth. Time flexibility is the biggest advantage of this online platform.
- Track Careers Experience- 5/10/2017Ernâni de Britto Murtinho • Data Analyst • Graduate • Campus: Online
Hello there! I have used DataCamp about 1 year and I extremely recomend that for who needs to gain a knowledge in Data Science area. It's a great platform and I can improve my pratical skills at Data Science area and get a real vision of the application at businesses.
- really nice tool and courses- 5/10/2017Daniel • Graduate • Campus: Online
DataCamp is a really nice tool to learn. It's iterative and the way they plan the course feels (to me) like a very smooth progression. The courses are not in depth in details, but they do present the tools and possibilities very well, and make you go through and use of it in different scenarios.
I've done a few courses related to R and I keep coming back for more as they are always adding new interesting courses.
Recently they added some career tracks for R and Python for Developers, Data Scientist and Data Analyst and Quantitative Analyst.
I recommed this tool to anyone that wants to start using R or Python in the data analysis/science world.
- Strongly recommend- 5/10/2017Pedro Bras Martins da Costa • PhD candidate • Graduate • Campus: Online
I really recommend Data Camp for most of my collegues, because of its pioneering work in teaching data science online in a feasible way. Maybe the greatest about it is the fact courses are completely flexible so that you can handle with your learning schedule the way you want it. In busy weeks I slow my pace at Data Camp without loosing much. It is also very interesting that you doesen't need to have R or R Studio installed in your computer to do the courses exercises. This allows you to keep studying in every platform you have in hand: may it be your cell phone, notebook or a college PC. In a summary, I'm very satisfected with Data Camp and I will continue to support the project even when I finish all the courses I had in mind at the first moment, because there are always new and more specific courses available. I have to congratulate Data Camp developers for their commitment with us (users). If it was a privilege of few students in the past to learn data science, thanks to Data Camp it is becoming easier today to spread learning about state-of-the-art tools and techniques for scientific research.