Data Application Lab
Data Application Lab is a 19-week, full-time data science bootcamp in Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and online. Data Application Lab believes that there is a significant gap/lag between the industry practical needs and academic education. To close the gap in a short time, Data Application Lab introduces cutting-edge technology and tools in industries by practical lab projects, so that every trainee in our program can fully understand our lectures from hands-on experience. This bootcamp invites multiple senior engineers to help students get comprehensive understanding of data science. Also, professional TAs with industry experience are hired to answer questions and assist each student's study. To provide better study environment, the school's hadoop/Spark cluster is available for each trainee 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Data Application Lab provides Java/SAS/SQL programming classes for students with less background in computer science. The school also has a 10-week internship or end to end project to help students get hands-on experience.
Recent Data Application Lab Reviews: Rating 4.33
Recent Data Application Lab News
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location Online, Los AngelesThe 20 weeks’ data engineer program covers two sections: 1. Lectures, 2. End2End project. During the 10 weeks’ lecture section, trainees will be guided through the practices in Hadoop ecosystem, covering Hbase, Pig Latin, Hive, Kafka, Storm, and Spark. During the 10 weeks’ End2End project section, trainees will be guided to build a ‘Real-time’ data processing data app based on ‘Lambda’ data architecture. The ‘Lambda’ data architecture is the vastest used real-time data process architecture in Silicon Valley. Career service will be provided during the project section, such as 1-1 career consulting. After the data engineer program, trainees will be ready to work as the entry-level big data engineer. Please email email@example.com for more info.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans We offer 4-month payment plan for the data engineer or the data scientist program.
Minimum Skill Level Basic Java programming is required. Placement Test No Interview Yes
- Data Science
In PersonFull Time19 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $5,200 Class size N/A Location Online, Silicon Valley, Los AngelesStudents will participate in the following: -Comprehensive training for versatile skills from data cleaning to ML -Python EcoSystem, Hive, Pig, Spark MLlib -Lectures + Kaggle data scientist competition + End-to-End projects -Internship certificate provided by technology companies
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
Data Application Lab Reviews
7 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- DS reviews- 5/4/2019vera • Student • Campus: Online
ds课程教了很多industry related knowledge， 是之前在学校课堂里没有接触到的。而且老师都是一线公司的data scientist， 讲的知识对于找工作很实用。一开始会讲ds各个模块的基础知识，每节课后会有一个mini project，可以很好地训练coding能力并且增强理解，而且ta也会讲作业。基础知识讲完后，课程有kaggle competition，fintech，Recommender System，NLP，这些project对完整做一套feature engineering，data analysis，model building 很有帮助，而且老师会给很多tips。同时，课程还包括data scientist interview，会总结很多面试题目和技巧，还可以自己约老师一对一辅导面试~~~ btw，老师声音都很好听~而且很幽默~😝，把知识讲的很容易理解~
- Data Scientist Bootcamp review- 1/22/2019Fion Liu • Student • Course: Data Science • Campus: Online
I took the DS bootcamp during October, it was a great bootcamp which had almost all industry requirement to build up your technical skills and helps you go through techncial interviews. If you are really looking forwards to step into the data world, the bootcamp could be your choice. It can also helps you get familiar with some big data platform such as Hadoop, Spark and Hive. The most effective way is the instructors will take you into some experiences of the Kaggle Competiiton, whihc will ensure your Python skillls and furthermore.
- A good bridge between school and work- 1/11/2019Leo • Business Operation Analyst (Intern) • Applicant • Course: Data Science • Campus: Online
This is an overall good learning experience with an intense schedule.
The most important highlight is its practical view of the industry, as the materials comes from real world data and projects and the instructors have in-depth knowledge and experiences in industries.
Also, with a diverse composition of students, some whom are students like me and some of them are young professionals, I also gain insights of how the career development process could be like.
As a plus, the course also include ineterview trainning sessions, which is useful. Those suggestions from past experiences are good starts for my preparation for job interveiws.
In all, this course is a bridge for me, as a graduating student, to the real world working environment.
- a little disappointed- 5/6/2018frank • Student • Course: Data Science • Campus: Online
Though a couple of teachers are pretty good, the overall course fails short of my expectations,
1. the big projects aren't very helpful. some teacher are not familar with the project thus can't help the issues we encountered.
2. The boasted clusters are only for limited usage ( hive query ), it is not for big data experiments such as spark jobs, etc.
3. the sales guy were vague about the choice of elective projects but actually it is very rigid, you can only choose 2 projects.
4. there is limited chance to get an internal reference.
5. very limited help from instructor after the course. You get answers mostly from other students and teaching assistant. rarely from instructors.
Overall, I don't feel it worth my money.
- DS program review- 8/19/2016Sean • Graduate • Course: Data Science • Campus: Online
作为DS program 4月班的学员，最深刻的感受是这个项目最够的practical, 首先从师资角度，讲课的老师来自于一线互联网公司的data scientist,手把手教大家做数据预处理和跑模型，其次，采用业界流行的python语言进行示范，并且涉及到hadoop,spark,hive的工具使用操作，值得一提的是在project 模块中，通过老师的指导，kaggle比赛很有可能取得不错的成绩，最后的end to end project会按照企业的需求，从数据的抓取、数据的清洗到最后的模型调优和预测，完整走完一遍流程。因此，通过理论和project的结合，会把我们短时间内expose在data science的领域中，相信踏踏实实跟下来，定会有所心得~
- Great bootcamp for data science learning- 1/3/2019Anonymous • Course: Data Science • Campus: Online
I really recommend the business analytics course and data scientist course at Data Application Lab.
I took these bootcamp in 2018. The courses are perfect for students who want to pursue a career in data science field but don't have education background.
I did several hands-on projects in the bootcamp, in which we would use statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms to solve real business problems. Those projects have allowed me to drastically expand my data analytics capabilities and programming skills.
In the data scientist course, the instructor would teach us how to master the Kaggle competition with the advanced algorithm and innovative models, such the motheds are unique from industry that I couldn't find anywhere else online. I participated the Kaggle competition with the guidance of the instructor and the TAs, and got an awesome place. Finally, I got a lot of job interviews because of the Kaggle experience I put on my resume.
- Data Scientist Course Review- 1/3/2019Anonymous • Data Analyst Intern • Graduate • Course: Data Science • Campus: Los Angeles
I started the DS course in last August. In order to balance between my schoolwork and the DS training course, I made a lot of efforts. The instructors taught a high volume of DS knowledge every class. I need to review and practice in time to remember all the points they made. If I got questions, the teaching assistant would kindly help me. There are two Q&A sessions every week. What I found most valuable about the course is the high-profile data science projects, which guided me to apply the knowledge in practical areas. Most importantly, the program also includes resume critic and job referral opportunies which helped me get my first Data Analyst internship. I really appreciate the service and help accompanied with the course.