bottega-logo

Bottega

Bottega

Bottega offers part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in front end development, Python programming, and Ruby Programming in Lehi, UT, and online. The front end program covers HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; the Python progam covers Python, JavaScript, and React; and the Ruby program covers Ruby on Rails, SQL, and APIs. Wanting to make students as hirable as possible, the school was created as a place for motivated students to have the resources necessary to reach their potential. Students have daily scheduled class time for a structured support system and learning environment with other students, instructors, and access to mentors. Students work on projects using current and relevant website and software development as part of the course curriculum.

To apply, applicants should fill out an online application, meet with a member of the enrollment team, and then take the Bottega Prep Course. Bottega's mission is to empower people to change their lives by providing the world's best vocational content and supporting them through the process of acquiring new skills and integration into the workforce.

Bottega's career services for students include resume and interview preparation, online job placement resources, advisor support after graduation, and continued learning. Bottega is Accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission | Cognia as a Post-Secondary non-degree granting school. Cognia is a private accreditation body and not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Additionally, Bottega received CREDIT recommendation recognition through the American Council on Education to provide Computer Science credit and transcript service through ACE.

Recent Bottega Reviews: Rating 4.25

all (80) reviews for Bottega →

Recent Bottega News

Read all (3) articles about Bottega →
  • Full Stack Web Developer

React.js, Python, MongoDB, Data Structures, CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, MySQL, SQL
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Full Stack Web Developer - Part-Time

Students will learn full-stack coding technologies including: HTML, CSS, Python, React.js, CSS Grid, Flexbox, Mongo, SQL/MYSQL This special part-time "learn at your own pace" option takes you through the same 600 hour curriculum our full-time program uses, with 1-on-1 support from real developers
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Refund / GuaranteeAll monies paid for this part-time course are eligible to be applied to a full-time course. Pay an affordable monthly tuition "on demand", or lock in a discounted rate for the full 9-month plan.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Complete Liars
    - 8/30/2021
    They say that if you don't complete the course, or if they can't help you find a job, you don't have to pay for it. This is a complete and utter lie. I now have Leif coming after me for $20,000. The information is WAAAAAY outdated. The mentors can't even help you with the current content because they aren't even using those methods any more. It's honestly terrible. I wouldn't suggest this course whatsoever.
    Response From: Anthony Knoll of Bottega
    Title: Chief of Staff
    Wednesday, Sep 01 2021
    We have a particular process when enrolling students. Our enrollment specialists specifically have the student sign the school’s Enrollment Agreement and the student then chooses a lender that has specific lender paperwork for the loan the student decides to take for education expenses. The lender does not work for Bottega, the lender works to help the student fulfill his/her financial goals. The enrollment document explains the student’s responsibilities to the school and the program and, the lender’s paperwork explains the responsibilities of the lender to the student and the student to the lender. A copy of each document is given to the student at the time of enrollment. We have no control over who you choose to finance your education or how the lender communicates with you as the borrower. Our content is continuously being updated through our Artificial Intelligence system. We wish you well.
    Be very careful , they will sell you a dream. They told me if it was not for me I didn’t have to pay a single dime, guess what ? Now I do! I tried the course abs honestly it’s like anything else on YouTube.  I never write reviews but I want to save someone. This school is horrible and the guy Anthony Knoll does not know anything about customer service he is super rude. Please don’t fall for this school.
    Response From: Anthony Knoll of Bottega
    Title: Chief of Staff
    Wednesday, Sep 01 2021
  • Graduate
    - 9/30/2019
    Once they get your money they could care less for you and your future. Terrible curriculum and a lot of broken promises.
    Honestly I love this school and the staff. They really do care about helping you find a job, and want to see you succeed. The instructors have a passion for what they are doing, and so does the CEO. Scott really pushes your resume hard, and helps you build connections like crazy. This course really helped me out, but it is new and is still improving. Even as a graduated student you get accesss to the new curriculum and it is really helpful. I wish it was more of where it was at now, then when I went to school. One thing is, I do believe they need to check and make sure you are done with all your projects. Also to continue to have more learning material at the last two weeks of the program. I know it is when a lot of people start interviewing. But personally I think everyone could use two more weeks of knowledge, since we are paying for a full 12 weeks. That being said I landed a paid internship before even graduating.

Just like my title says, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! I was a student in this program so I know how awful it really is. They will make you feel like they are going to teach you so much, when in reality they teach you nothing. Most of the graduates aren't getting jobs due to the lack of teaching they do. In fact, they will hire "gradutes" at $15 an hour to shut them up and let them feel like they got a job. All of the positive reviews are those who went in with zero knowledge and were made to believe they were being taught something. YOU WILL LEAVE EMPTY HANDED! They tell you they are full-stack but don't ever go over JavaScript. They tell you to go to CodeSchool to learn JavaScript. You are attending Bottega not CodeSchool. JavaScript is one of the most important languages to learn if you want to get a job at a Jr. Developer! All you do is watch videos and try to keep up with the "instructor" in the video. It basically boils down to a copy and paste program. Good luck trying to get a job, while being $12k in debt, when you know nothing. They even charge more than DevMountain!! Just save your time and $$ and either go to college for it or go to DevMountain. You will thank me!

Response From: Eric Wold of Bottega
    Title: CEO
    Thursday, Jun 01 2017
    After month one this student told us they'd rather just focus on Javascript and go to a front-end school. We immediately gave them a full refund and cancelled their contract. They only had to request once, no hassle.
    Our entire third month is focussed on JavaScript and Angular so this student had no experience with our Javascript content and this isn't a very informed opinion.
    This student chose to mention DevMountain, which is more of a front-end school but has a good program. Bottega's program is more general and deeper on back-end, which didn't turn out to be a fit for this students goals.
    Other students in the same classroom with this student have posted positive reviews about their experience. About 10% of students that enroll in any program decide they'd rather go another route.
    They will lie to get you to join then keep you there based on false hope. Employers in Utah seem to avoid bootcamp students and I was not prepared at all for job interviews or to get a job. Friends from Bottega have said the same thing as well. Their statistics are fake and they will only show you what they want you to see when you come in for a tour. Ask how many graduates have actually gotten a real, full-time job with good pay outside of Slate or Bottega. Student suggestions are ignored and I'm posting anonymously because they will descredit you any way they can.
    Response From: Eric Wold of Bottega
    Title: CEO
    Thursday, Jun 01 2017
    You get out of any coding bootcamp what you put into it. It's hard and takes 100% focus. Some people just don't put the work in that it takes to succeed. Since you are anonymous I don't know your circumstances.

Recruiters disagree with your opinion. Here are a few technical recruiters that have years of experience with all the code schools and consider Bottega the top code school in Utah: ConsultNet, Software Technology Group, Robert Half, Recruiting Connection, Nexeo, Dash2.

Our statistics are OPEN BOOK and audited by a CPA. There's zero room for fakery so your comment is unfounded and inaccurate. In our entire history a total of six graduates have had temporary TA positions with Bottega or entry level coding positions with Slate. We are proud that we supported our early students to help them become successful. It was a learning experience for us and helped us improve the program.

If you feel this way then come talk to me about how we can help you get back on track and look at our statistics openly, or come apply for a refund.
  • Great!
    - 11/30/2016

Great school! Great course material that helped me as a student, push myself to grow!

Highly recommend it!

• Amazing school!
    - 11/30/2016

Excellent teachers and great environment to learn! I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in going to a boot camp.