bottega-logo

Bottega

Bottega

Bottega offers part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in front end development, Python programming, and Ruby Programming in Lehi, UT, and online. The front end program covers HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; the Python progam covers Python, JavaScript, and React; and the Ruby program covers Ruby on Rails, SQL, and APIs. Wanting to make students as hirable as possible, the school was created as a place for motivated students to have the resources necessary to reach their potential. Students have daily scheduled class time for a structured support system and learning environment with other students, instructors, and access to mentors. Students work on projects using current and relevant website and software development as part of the course curriculum.

To apply, applicants should fill out an online application, meet with a member of the enrollment team, and then take the Bottega Prep Course. Bottega's mission is to empower people to change their lives by providing the world's best vocational content and supporting them through the process of acquiring new skills and integration into the workforce.

Bottega's career services for students include resume and interview preparation, online job placement resources, advisor support after graduation, and continued learning. Bottega is Accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission | Cognia as a Post-Secondary non-degree granting school. Cognia is a private accreditation body and not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Additionally, Bottega received CREDIT recommendation recognition through the American Council on Education to provide Computer Science credit and transcript service through ACE.

Recent Bottega Reviews: Rating 4.25

all (80) reviews for Bottega →

Recent Bottega News

Read all (3) articles about Bottega →
  • Full Stack Web Developer

React.js, Python, MongoDB, Data Structures, CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, MySQL, SQL
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Full Stack Web Developer - Part-Time

Students will learn full-stack coding technologies including: HTML, CSS, Python, React.js, CSS Grid, Flexbox, Mongo, SQL/MYSQL This special part-time "learn at your own pace" option takes you through the same 600 hour curriculum our full-time program uses, with 1-on-1 support from real developers
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Refund / GuaranteeAll monies paid for this part-time course are eligible to be applied to a full-time course. Pay an affordable monthly tuition "on demand", or lock in a discounted rate for the full 9-month plan.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • hadi chloun
    bottega was an eye opener for me! My instructor Ryan was amazing, he had the patience of an ocean. he even stayed after class to teach me on things that i needed help with. he cares about the cohort so much that he always tries to improve things to better assist us!
  • Overall Experience:
    This course was amazing! I enrolled into Full-Stack Web Development. My instructor Dan was excellent and always there whenever we needed him. It is extremely fast paced so I recommend to study up because you will move onto the next concept before you know it. But the material is always there for you for the rest of your life. Definitely going to look into some of their other programs!
  • Brady James Reese • Developer • Graduate
    I want to start off by saying with ANY coding bootcamp, you're going to have to do a lot of your own work outside of the bootcamp. No where can guarantee you a job after graduating, and you're responsible for your own learning.
    That being said, for the money you do get access to a great course, a great team and good resources. The class I took was structured where we went through pre-recorded videos, with an instructor always present to help. We also did an app-in-a-day and the last two weeks we worked on our personal capstone projects. Definitely, you need to be doing your own work and research outside of class, but if you put the work in this course is truly worth it. Bottega gives you the skills needed to get your foot in the door as a developer.
    As far as job assistance, it seems different people have had different experiences. For my part, they helped me with my resume, interview skills, and I did my own applying to jobs while at the same time they have different companies they work with to send your resume to as well. They helped setup a few interviews for me which was invaluable, and I ended up getting an internship at one of those companies they setup the interview with. Again, it seems everyone is different but if you put the work in I don't think you'll regret taking this course.

• Great School
    - 7/27/2020
    Nicholas Sharp • Graduate
    Just finished the 12-week Python-React Full stack development course. I really enjoyed myself. The professor gave great advice and was able to guide me in my own learning process. I have not started the job assistance part of the program yet, so I am unable to speak to that. But overall if you was an intense program that will encourage you to continue to learn this is a great place for it!
  • Mike Bird • Student
    I heard great things from my brother, who was teaching there, about the school so I figured going there was an ace in the hole. I still looked around but their curriculum was exactly what I wanted to learn which is why I picked the school over others who mainly focused only on JavaScript. I could not afford to not work for months to take the class so I did the online class. I have been studying programming on my own for over 3 years prior to this so this review is not coming from a complete beginner. I took the class in order to get some formal education for my resume. Jordan Hudgens teaches it and he is hands down one of the worst teachers I have experienced in person or in online classes. He skips over necessary information needed to understand topics and the things he does cover are so vague and horribly taught that learning out of a book and youtube is a better bet. He asks you to write programs where he has not taught you topics of things that necessary to complete the exercise. Lecture videos are all out of place and don't coincide with what is being learned. From the code he writes, Jordan seems like a good programmer but should absolutely 100% not be teaching it as he does not know how to teach it. To someone learning how to code and get into the profession, his teaching could not be more unclear even for someone who is not fresh to programming. I entered the class having a basic knowledge of material and ended up becoming confused with what was taught that I already had knowledge of. Don't expect to receive any help when needed. Many times I set up an appointment to get help with an employee when my schedule would allow with work and they either called hours after the appointment time when I wasn't available or never called. Once this happened that they never called and I set up an appointment for the next day where they never called again. I waited at a course checkpoint for a project for a week to be able to be approved to move on in the course. I talked to someone at the Lehi campus who wasn't even associated with the remote course who had it resolved in 5 minutes. If you really need to attend this school, attend the immersive course even if it means not working for months. I've since decided to seek out a new school to do an immersive course with even though Bottega still requires me to pay what is owed for how much of the class I completed. I can tell the in person class is worth it if you decide to go with Bottega. Neil Myers was the one who helped me figure out the mess and I can tell the immersive course would have been a great thing. Still, I would advise avoiding Bottega like the coronavirus. I'd give them a lower score if I could.
  • Great School
    - 1/29/2020
    Keith • Manager • Graduate

People need to remember that a boot camp is not intended to teach you everything you need to know. Its all in what you put in.

I came in with zero coding experience and by the end of the 13 weeks can do things I didnt think I would be able to.

Cons: Its a bootcamp things move quick, there are a lot of videos that you watch

Pros: Endless mentorship, great staff

Overall: Like with all things in life its how hard you work and what you put in. If you think you are paying for a school to get you a job after you are wrong. You need to pay attention in class, do things after class and after the course is over continue to build skills. Bottega has lined up almost an interview a week for me. The issue is that I am still learning and the right fit doesnt always come along as most companies dont hire brand new developers. I have realistic expectations of gaining employment. If you are willing to do what bottega asks (attend practice interviews, submit your resume to them many times for input, call them for advice, set up a linkedin profile etc) they will support you along the way. I get weekly calls and emails from their job assistance to guide me where to apply or to tell me they set something up for me.

As for development Its up to me to become a better developer every day. When I work on a project even now I have help at my finger tips. Its great!

• horrendous
    - 12/11/2019
    David • Graduate

I have gone through bottega and it is absolutely horrendous. in the beginning they did not put me into the slack channel to where I can ask for help

I did get a call for a mentor called Jordan(Canadian Jordan) but I thought he was Jordan Hudgens.

when I got stuck on my project I tried calling him but he never replied.

I ended up stopping for a few month and then I decided to push through. Ian was able to help me. get started.

Once I got started I meet an "awesome" mentor (Not awesome any more) Benjamin Nicolas that helped me push through and get through all the content, took me awhile to get through the courses, but I made it.

During my time on the course they had one mentor on at times and I had to wait for quite a while to get help on some thing.

Sometimes they would have only on mentor on at time. They had Neil Myers on and he did not the knowledge to help me on my ruby/angular project. I ended up using a lot of stack over flow to solve the projects.

A mentor(Ben) told me that he would help me with my project and he ended blowing me off on that day and ended up helping other students.

When I have ben working on my project Ben was mentoring me a little bit but once I got close to being done Ben just pawned me off to another mentor.

don't go in thinking that you will make friends with your mentors once I got done with the course the mentors do not keep in contact with you at all :(. They will say that they are too busy. the mentor that I am referring to is Ben

I was told that I would have job placement services. I had a conversation with Stephanie about setting up a time to meet with her. It was set for Tuesday. I looked at google and the meeting was scheduled for Monday instead. I ended up clicking accept. So I sent her a slack message asking about it around noon. She never responded so I got ready for her to call me at the designated time but she never called me I ended up waiting for 10 minutes and then I went back to work. she did end up call 15 minutes after but I was already back at work. I tried to contact her a couple of times but I was never able to get a hold of her.

Another thing that happened was while I was taking the course I completed the introductory videos of HTML/CSS but several month later while working on the course Ben told me that I had to retake the HTML/CSS portion after they updated it. Once I was three quarters of the way through Ben told me that I didn't have to do it.

Also all the courses and project that I learned to build is all on udemy.

• D Todd Traylor • Web Developer and Pharmacist • Graduate

feel that Bottega has a very comprehensive and thorough curriculum that will prepare one for a career in web development and software engineering. The instructors are knowledgable and really want you to learn! In addition, Bottega has an excellent support staff that will do everything they can to help prepare you for job interviews as well as job placement. I highly recommend Bottega for anyone who wants to learn any relevant language or become a full stack web developer.

• Changed her life!
    - 11/2/2018
    Diane J. • Parent of Bottega Graduate • Graduate

Atteding Bottega has put my daughter light-years ahead of her peers with whom she attends college.  After a busy high school experience, my daughter opted to do what we called a "modified gap year".  She was interested in software development, but wasn't sure that was her dream career.   She chose to attend the full-time Bottega program.  Rigorous and intensive, she gained core competencies in both front end and back end development.  The Build-an-App-in-a-Day projects required her to apply her skills on real-worlld problems.  The career preparation coaching, weekly networking with industry experts, and learning in a professional development shop environment helped accelerate her skill development.  She is able to pay for her college through free-lancing web site development projects.  Her exposure to a real technology company environment built her confidence.  She knows how to communicate effectively, set and reach goals, work with others, and advocate for herself.   I would highly recommend Bottega as a great way to spend part of a "gap year"!

• Not that great
    - 7/10/2018
    Mike • Graduate

Coding bootcamps are stupid. Bottega (and all other bootcamps) claim they have 95% placement rate wich is completely not true. Most of the students I know that went through the course either haven't found a job, had an internship and are looking, went back to their old jobs and are looking for a coding job, and very few that have actually found full time jobs. Bottega told me "when you finish you can get a job that'll pay around $50,000-$60,000 a year." Again not true. Most internships only pay $12-$18 an hour and most full time jobs pay junior programmers (bootcamp graduates withought a college degree specifically) $30,000-$45,000 a year. The truth is it is difficult to get into the industry withought a college degree. And the instructor Brayden Green says if you meet someone that doesn't want to hire you because you don't have a degree then tell them fine I don't want to work for you anyway. But the truth is that is the majority of companies especially since more and more people are finding out it's hard to trust the skill level of someone from a bootcamp. Don't go to Bottega or any other bootcamp out there. Just stay away from them all together. But if you decide you really want to go to Bottega you might meet a couple of guys that are just complete asses. Jordan Howard and Anthony Knoll. These guys are such losers, but that is what coding bootcamps attract.

• 0-600 in 12 weeks
    - 12/5/2017
    Ben Whipple • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

Before attending Bottega, I worked with computers creating graphics and even animating some impressive marketing videos, but I knew there was more out there in the world of coding. Thats when I started looking for coding schools and was extremly lucky to have landed here at Bottega. I'll admit to knowing nothing about coding other than reading and hearing about what it could do sounded too much like someone trying to explain how the Enterprise travels through space. I can't express how strange and amazing it feels to be able to do and understand things that I didn't even know were possible just months ago. The instructors, TA's and even other alumni helped me to understand what was going on and how to solve problems in new ways, so by the end of the course so if I did get a bug I couldn't fix, I could figure it out. They even helped me lay out my resume and find a job. Even after graduation, they still check up on us, let us know about job openings and have helped me through the entire application proccess from filling out the application to how to take the final technical interview. Overall I managed to go from not knowing how to close an HTML tag to creating fully functional (and good looking) web apps