berkeley-boot-camps-logo

Berkeley Boot Camps

San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco

Berkeley Boot Camps

Berkeley Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time courses in web development; 24-week, part-time courses in data analytics, UX/UI, cybersecurity and financial technology (FinTech) and 18-week, part-time digital marketing and technology project management courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll in the bootcamps, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Berkeley Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 mentor support, soft skills training and more. Upon program completion, graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from Berkeley Extension, and will build a portfolio of projects in our web development, data analytics, UX/UI, digital marketing, financial technology or technical project management programs and gain skills applicable to industry certifications in our cybersecurity program.

Berkeley Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Berkeley Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.2

all (52) reviews for Berkeley Boot Camps →

Recent Berkeley Boot Camps News

Read all (7) articles about Berkeley Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSan Francisco
    Berkeley Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationSan Francisco
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationSan Francisco
    Berkeley Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
  • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Excel, Algorithms, Cryptocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
    LocationSan Francisco
    Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training and 1:1 coaching.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSan Francisco
    Berkeley Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSan Francisco
    Berkeley Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops and mock interviews.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Scrum, Agile
    LocationSan Francisco
    Berkeley Technology Project Management Boot Camp prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, Git, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationSan Francisco
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

• $500 Berkeley Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Berkeley Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (San Francisco)
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (San Francisco)
    • All courses in San Francisco
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time (San Francisco)
    • Financial Technology - Part-Time (San Francisco)
    • All courses in San Francisco
    • Technology Project Management - Part-Time (San Francisco)
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (San Francisco)
    • All courses in San Francisco
    • Full Stack Web Development - Full-Time (San Francisco)
    • All courses in San Francisco
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (San Francisco)
  • Jason Kunkel
    - 5/3/2018
    Jason Kunkel • Graduate

I entered into this boot camp with zero background in coding and a lot of trepidation about my ability to follow along the many languages we were set to learn. From day one our instructor, David Hallinan, put my mind at ease. His ability to relate to the students, to break down complex code into relatable terms, and his eagerness to help us succeed made coming to class every day enjoyable. David was consistently supportive and very giving of his time, and you could tell he genuinely cared about our successes. Highly recommend this course and David as your instructor!

Monday, May 07 2018
    Hi Jason, thank you for your review of the course and your instructor, David. Our team members are passionate about teaching, committed to guiding and encouraging students through complex problems. We are always thrilled to hear their dedication and efforts resonated so positively with others. We have to agree - David is pretty great! Congratulations on graduating, we are proud of all the hard work you put in and applaud you as you continue your coding journey!
  • Maggie • Graduate

I never thought I will take someday a Coding Bootcamp, but I did! Before that, I didn't have experience at all! And now after 12 very intensive weeks, I can write code and build these amazing apps. We were told that we have to put about 40 hours beside the class. First I thought that's not possible but I really put this time into studying and doing homework! In this 12 weeks, you get less sleep, don't have a social life anymore but you will develop valuable skills! The class was every day from 10am-2.30pm, for me it was a perfect time because as a mom I still could take care of my kids and in the evening doing my homework. I mean not every day was easy and not every day I understood everything, but we had really a great instructor David Hallinan. There was always a lot of help from the instructor David and the TAs Peter and Alex. I really enjoyed every day of the Bootcamp!

Wednesday, May 02 2018
    Thank you, Maggie! As you discovered, it takes hours of additional studying and practice outside of the classroom to successfully immerse oneself in the topics covered each week, so we appreciate you pointing that out. You did a great job at balancing your schedule, and this is great feedback to share with prospective students.

It makes us incredibly proud to hear our team was committed to providing you with the help and guidance you needed throughout the program. We also think Peter, Alex, and David are pretty amazing! Congratulations on completing the program, we applaud all of your hard work. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
  • Joel Hernandez • Graduate

Before coming into this bootcamp, I didn't have any experience in coding. I couldn't imagine me writing more than a few lines a code before I started. I also heard it was very challenging going into it and it actually was. BUT, now that I'm down with the program, I've written easily hundreds of lines of code and even though it was more challenging than I expected, I'm glad I went through it.

Not only did I gain valuable professional skills, but, 1. I met great people, 2. Even when things got tough, I pushed myself on a regular basis--but, I wasn't alone, there was plenty from peers, TAs and from David(teacher) and we all came out of it better because of it 3. I now have a great portfolio I can showcase to other professionals and prospective employers.

Special shout out to David Hallinan for his tremendous support, in-depth knowledge of the material, excellent teaching skills and humor. Kept us engaged all the time. Funny guy.

Wednesday, May 02 2018
    Thank you for your review, Joel! We love hearing that you developed close connections with your classmates, TA's, and instructor, David (we also agree - David is pretty great at keeping class interesting and lighthearted). It makes us incredibly proud to hear our team is providing students with the support and guidance they need during their boot camp journey! We understand this course is challenging, so we commend you for all of your hard work. Congratulations on completing the program and continue coding! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • stacy areas • Graduate

Prior to attending this bootcamp I attended Dev Bootcamp in SF, which was also Full Stack but heavy in Ruby. I decided to go to another bootcamp because I wanted to futher my skills. I was very excited to be learning Javascript and React because those were the two things I have been wanting to learn. The class was great and I'm very happy I went with this program. My teach David Hallinan was amazing! He knew exactly what he was doing and taught the class well. Not to mention just an easy going, fun person. He was very helpful through the class and if anyone didn't understand something during lectures he was explain futher until it was understood. David, along with the TA's would stay and extra 30 mins after class to help with anything any student had questions with. The support was better then I imanged and would defintely recommend doing the 12-week full-time program with David if you have then chance!

Monday, Apr 30 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Stacy! Our instructors are the cornerstone of the student experience, so we love to hear that David was able to provide you with the support you needed during your time with us- we agree, he is amazing! We know that this course is challenging and fast-paced, and are happy you took advantage of our in-depth student support. It makes us proud to know that our entire instructional team went above and beyond to make sure you truly understood the course material.

It's also great to know you enjoyed learning new languages like JavaScript and React.js, further advancing your programming skills. We hope you’re proud of the hard work you put into completing this boot camp—we certainly are! We wish you the very best of luck going forward.
  • Nydia • Graduate

Before register this full stack and full time boot camps, I just had a little bit of experience with HTML, nothing else. After this three months, I have learned so much and grown a lot. Especially I had a great time with our instructor David! He won't let you feel it is a boring class, you can talk to him with anything you like. Sometimes there are some jokes around the class as well, which make you won't be too tired after few activites. Very important thing is, David is a supper patient and professional guy. So, don't worried about asking questions during the class!

Base on the full time student in Berkeley, everyone can tell the classes go very fast and every day will have new things to learn. It is very intense! However, you can ask for tutors if you think you are kind of behind! Or if you are not ready for the pressure, you should take part time instead. By the way, I cannot say the job assistance will be supper helpful, but part of them was very professional.

To sum up, I really enjoyed it even the classes were very intense! I guess I will miss everything there!

Monday, Apr 30 2018
    Thanks, Nydia! We are thrilled to hear you were very happy with your experience at Berkeley Coding Boot Camp. You are certainly right that this course requires a great deal of time both inside and outside the classroom to truly immerse oneself in the covered topics. Our instructors and TA's really love what they do, so we’re glad to hear that you felt supported throughout the journey. We think David is pretty incredible, too! Great job on taking advantage of our tutoring sessions, they are an excellent resource for supplemental instruction.

Our career services team empowers students to find the job that’s right for them through coaching, portfolio reviews, interview training, and resume support. We hope you found these to be helpful and continue to do so even after completing the program! Congratulations on graduating, we’re proud of everything you’ve accomplished. We wish you much success going forward!
  • Michael Thompson • Student
    I came into this course knowing nothing. Nada. Zilch. Other than fooling around with some page builders, I had no experience with html, CSS, etc. I ended up graduating with nearly all A's on my assignments and projects, not because I am some coding prodigy who discovered his calling. It was due to the support of the instructor David Hallinan, the TAs John and Peter, and the administrator Shani who more than once talked me down from the ledge when I wanted to quit. They brought out the best in me and found something I didn't know I had- the ability to not just survive but excel in a completely foreign world to me. I know my success now depends entirely on how I apply myself and keep my skills sharp, but the team gave me what I signed up for and so much more. Best investment I've ever made, especially in myself, and one of the most enjoyable 3 month experiences I have ever had. It was difficult, no doubt, but fun, for sure. If you avail yourself to all of the resources and study like crazy, you will succeed. David keeps the class moving, the vibe super chill and fun, but definitely, serious and on topic. David has a great sense of humor, doesn't take anything too seriously, other than your progress and order in the class. It is very professional yet casual. The pace is very quick but if you prepare yourself and study like a lunatic, you will graduate. I would do it again and would highly recommend this course and especially David. True pro, good vibes, no fooling around, rewarding experience I many many ways. I also must thank Jules Sanders for all of her guidance on prepping for interviews and building our name and product. She truly cares about our success and is very straightforward and encouraging and her advice about our resumes and selling ourselves to employers is solid gold. She really cares about our futures and is so good at what she does!
    Monday, Apr 30 2018
    Way to go, Michael! You continued to follow your web development dreams, and while it was tough at times, you had the necessary commitment and tenacity to get the most out of the program. We’re extremely proud of our instructors, TA's, and career services team and it’s great to hear they were such valuable resources - we think David, John, Peter, Shani, and Jules are all pretty great too! Our entire staff is incredibly passionate about education and changing our students' lives.

You should be proud of all the hard work and time you devoted to the course, and we applaud you as you continue to move forward in this exciting direction. Congratulations on graduating! We wish you nothing but the best and know you’ll feel confident about calling yourself an expert programmer in no time. Best of luck going forward!
  • Ashish • Web Developer

I had an amazing experience at the Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp at UCB Extension in San Francisco.

My instructor was amazing and really helped me gain greater depth in my understanding of Front-End and Back-End technologies, and guided me through my projects and making sure I was writing quality code.

I do have to mention that everyone in my cohort joined the Bootcamp for different reasons - some to get a new job, some just curious, and some entrepreneurs who wanted to communicate with their developers more effectively.

In my experience, the students who spent a good amount of time familiarizing themselves with concepts like HTML, CSS and Javascript before the beginning the starting day were able to ask more difficult questions and attain more of a mastery over the concepts with their instructors guiding them.

In addition, my career coach (Sam Dias) was amazing at making sure I didn't lose steam on the job search and give-up. My bi-weekly coaching calls held me accountable to someone, and with her guidance, I was able to learn more about the job search in the tech industry.

I would like to mention though, that to me, coaching me in the skill of job-hunting/interviewing was way more of an asset than just 'getting you that first job' (although UCB Extension played a huge role in that as well!).

I can now confidently say that in addition to picking up technologies quickly, I can also apply for a job and go through the hiring process with a sense of understanding of what happens behind the scenes and how to best optimize that process.

Once again, this program would definitely benefit someone who has made their mind up to become a developer.

Wednesday, Mar 14 2018
    Thank you for your review, Ashish! We’re proud of our instructors and TAs, who are dedicated to each and every single student’s success. Congratulations on embarking on this journey and completing the boot camp. We are confident in your triumph to any and all future endeavors that come your way. Best of luck!
  • Daniel S • Student

I started attending UC Berkeley Data Analytics program on June 2017 and I am in a first cohort of students for this course.  I took this class because I was looking for a part-time course that cover web development, programming and data analytics since I work full-time.  This course is Data Analytics course so the class focus mostly on technologies and skills on how to get and store data, how to analyze data, and how to visualize data but you also get learn introduction to other technologies too as well as currently hot technologies such as machine learning and big data.  This is the first class being offered so I was cautious in the beginning but it surprised me in a good way.  The class is very organized and structured in a way that you learn technologies in logical order.  I think all the skills I learned are very useful because I’ve seen those in majority of job descriptions when I was googling for jobs online and the mini-projects(homework) that I have to do are also fun and interesting to do because you get to practice what you learn in class and also you get to apply those skills in your own project too.

In term of instructors and TAs, they are all very knowledgeable about what they are teaching.  I have to say my Instructor Pavan Katepalli, I have never seen an instructor who is passionate about programming, data analytics and very knowledgeable as well as great at teaching. He really wants to see his students succeed so you can ask question or schedule 1:1 with him anytime on anything.  And also, I think all the TA are amazing too because they give really good feedback (they are the one who grade your homework). And you can schedule 1:1 meeting with TAs and tutor or instructor which I think is great if you don’t understand stuffs in class or want to go over more on the materials.
    Another best thing about the class is that it is always updating based on you feedback and they apply your feedback fairly quickly too so anything that you think which might enhance your learning they quickly get incorporated into the course.

In Career assistance side, they offer zoom session where you can call in to ask any questions and get answer right away as well as you can do 1:1 with career coach to go over any concern and get advices.  Also, they have special classes on interview practice and strategies so I think those are really helpful.  And there are career homework which are designed to make you organized and ready for job search, which I think is really good because they give you feedback on how your good resume is or what you needed in linkedin profile to be better and etc... Another thing I like is that they have people who work in the industry come to our class or remotely present share their experience with us, teach us new skills and get to network with them and ask questions.

Overall, for me I am happy with this course because with no background and having no idea where to start on learning about data analytics, I learned a lot from this course both on technologies as well as the analytics field.  And also, this is fast paced class so it covers a lot of materials but the class offer a lot of resources so if you are motivated you can learn a lot.  Also, it is a lot of fun working with classmates to learn these materials since I learn a lot through my classmates too.  I think this class covered a lot of materials and you can be successful if you can review and practice what they teach in the class and also it gives a lot of extra resources to learn on your own too.  This class gave me a really good foundation on programming and data analytics so I feel that if there are new skills that needed to learn, I feel that I can learn on my own in the future too.  I can’t wait to graduate in a month to continue practicing my new skills and start applying those skills in the data analytics field.

Monday, Dec 11 2017
    Hi Daniel,

We're so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with our program. As you mention, our Data Analytics program is a new addition to Berkeley Boot Camps. Feedback like this makes us incredibly proud of our team because we know that they work hard to ensure that our students get the most out of their boot camp experience while having to adjust and improve this new program in real-time.  It's terrific to hear that you enjoyed the course curriculum, as we constantly review and update our boot camp curricula so that our students are learning the most relevant and in-demand skills based on their local job market.

We know the importance of quality instruction and support, so we're thrilled to hear that our instructors, TAs, and Career Services team provided you with the guidance and assistance you needed to learn these valuable new skills. It's great that you were able to take advantage of some of our boot camp support services including one-on-one sessions with instructors, TAs, and the Career Services team.

We really appreciate you taking the time leave a detailed review of your experience with Berkeley Data Analytics Boot Camp. These insights into the student experience are very useful for those who are considering enrolling in our program. We know that learning many new skills in an abbreviated time period can be challenging, so we applaud you for all of your hard work. Congratulations on completing the program, we're wishing you the very best of luck in your future endeavors.

• Jon • Full Stack Developer/Writer • Student

I'm about a month away from graduating the 6-month variant of the Berkeley Bootcamp, and while I can't speak to landing a career out of the program just yet (fingers crossed), I can speak to the program itself.

Overall, the structure of the 6-month program was a homework a week throughout the entire course and three group projects. The group projects were larger in scale and had two weeks devoted to them, with the first few being with "randomized" groups (or well, groups drafted by the professors to adequately match different skill levels).

As far as the skills we've learned, it does feel like a tremendous amount I am leaving the program with. I went in with a very limited grasp of web development thanks to sites like CodeAcademy and Lynda, but have been quickly (or what feels quickly) been learning more and more complex things. By the time you learn jQuery, there is little stopping your front-end from really shining.

Backend wise, the build up was a bit slower but still quite empowering. You start with node, scrapping the front end for a while and just dealing with backend computing, then servers, then databases, handlebars, scraping, etc.

By the time the second group project came about, the ambition each group displayed and final product was leaps and bounds ahead of the first project, let alone our first homework assignment.

Our instructor was/is excellent, very clear in teaching the material, but also ensuring everyone gets it. Nobody is really safe to just sit back and not participate.

Which leads up to overall point I think is important to stress -- you only get out of this what you put into it. I know it's a bit of a cliche, but it is important to note. Those classmates that did not participate struggled in later months. By the group project, working with some of those people was not always the best either. It's just the nature of the beast. But as far as your individual success with the program, you just have to understand that it really, really requires you to be involved 100% from the get go. Any slowing down and you'll have a hard time getting back.

We'll see how landing a career goes in the next few months, but as far as the learning component of this program goes I have been incredibly pleased. I'd recommend it to anyone considering transitioning to a web development career or just improving their skillset.

Monday, Sep 18 2017
    Thank you for your detailed review, Jon! We’re glad to have you in our program. It’s wonderful that you’ve learned so much from this course, and we’re thrilled to learn that your instructor has provided you and your classmates with the support you needed so far.

We’re very excited to have earned your recommendation, and we can’t wait to see what you accomplish in the rest of this course, and as you move forward in your career. We applaud all of the hard work that you’ve put into this program, and we’re wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Roper • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

I decided to make a career change from architecture (construction) to full stack development, because technology intrigues and motivates me. The only coding experience I had coming into the bootcamp was from sites like codecademy, udemy, udacity, and edx. I taught myself some programming languages, but nothing in comparison to what I learned in this bootcamp.

If you're approaching this bootcamp just to get a certificate, you won't make it. You need better motivation than that if you're going to get through the points of frustration you will experience during this course. Take this course seriously to give yourself the best chance out there.

Some concepts may come easy, while other concepts may cause you issues. In the cases you need help, please feel free to reach out to your instructors, tutors, classmates, and any friends that you think could help you. But only reach out after you've tried looking for the solution yourself, and have come across a road block. Expect to put in 40+ hours outside of the classes for homework, research, review, and whatever else you need to do to stay on top of it. If you find yourself ahead in class, keep going. If you find yourself behind, catch up however you need to.

The support from the instructional team and career services is always there. The instructional team has gone above and beyond to make sure we understood the material, but you can only do so much in such a short amount of time. It's up to you to read extra documentation, google a bit more about concepts, and whatever it is you need to do to stay up to date with the material.

I hope you guys find this review helpful. I was trying to right a review that I wish I had when I researched which bootcamp to attend. Good luck!

Monday, Sep 18 2017
    Congratulations on completing the program, Roper! We really appreciate your feedback.

As you mention, this course can be challenging and requires that students commit an appropriate amount of time and effort to learning these valuable new skills. This is excellent insight for future students.

It makes us proud to hear that our team provided you with the support and guidance you needed, even going above and beyond to make sure that you absorbed the course material. We applaud all of the hard work you put into this course, and we’re wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
    I feel scammed knowing I took part in this program and want anyone considering to stay away ESPECIALLY BEGINNERS. There are plenty of better programs out there go there even if there more expensive, if these bozos offer an ISA ESPECIALLY STAY AWAY. That fact that they didn't at the time screamed 'we don't expect you to find a job so why bother offering this is a payment option'. Why so bad, there are cheaper schools that offer more especially in the current climate eg you can find a better curriculum on most coursea certifications. The instructors are top notch but they'll quickly lose touch after the transaction is completed. The job services, they do their best given the limitations but its hard to see the results given the placements of graduates. I found a job that has nothing to do with data analysis and am unlikely to make any traction in that field without a professional degree. This camp made no difference it should be at least half the price to make it decent. I don't know if its administratively bloated or the instructors are laughing to bank but the price doesn't add up. That being said while in the course everyone is available and does their best but the price doesn't justify the services. If I were gonna suggest an improvement add an internship with the admin company for an extra resume boost (just make up some chart assignments and deploy some code via github tasks).
    Response From: Boot Camp Team of Berkeley Boot Camps
    Title: Community Team
    Thursday, Mar 25 2021
    Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad to hear you found our instructors to be knowledgeable but regret your experience as a whole did not live up to your expectations.

Our boot camp serves a mix of individuals ranging from beginners to professionals. For our data analytics course, we do recommend applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field. For those without prior experience, we do our best to emphasize the importance of completing the program pre-work and exploring additional introductory learning materials prior to the start of the class. It is our goal to provide a beneficial learning experience for all of our students and we are constantly modifying our material in order to best prepare learners for the challenging nature of the curriculum.

We strive to provide supportive guidance throughout the entirety of the program through office hours, teaching assistants, Slack, and our free tutor network, but we understand that you would have liked more enhanced support. Our main priority is and will continue to be the student experience and we want all students to get the support they need to be successful.

You are completely right that our career services are built on the principle of empowerment. While we do not secure direct employment for students, we provide individualized support, technical interview training, portfolio reviews, 1:1 coaching, and more to help students become competitive job candidates. Based on your review, we understand that you have not yet achieved your desired job outcomes. We are continually optimizing our professional development assistance, so we thank you for sharing this input.

We sincerely care about all our learners and would welcome the opportunity to further discuss how else we can support you at this time and help meet your expectations. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (510) 455-5867.

I took the Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp at UC Berkeley Extension provided by Trilogy from May to November 2018. It was the online, partime program. Going into an online program, I expected mainly instructional material in form of texts without much social interaction. But the class was held in zoom with the option of small group work and was actually very social. Up front they told us that it was going to be fast pace and that one would need to put in a significant amount of extra study time to keep up. So it was! I was working only part-time at the time, but am very glad that I took the part-time program which gave me the extra study time I needed. The bootcamp does not really cover object oriented programming principals or network communication concepts and protocols, but it provides lots of practical knowledge, tips and tricks, lots of programming experience and creative room in assignments. I had taken several CS classes previously at a Community College, but felt challenged from day 1. I gained a level from which I can build my own applications now and enjoy doing so very much. Web Development is definetely the field that I want to work in and I am about to start hunting for jobs. Some of the career service workshops are helpful, but I find the greatest resources are the 1-on-1 sessions with my coach, and the feedback from the "milestones" coursework, where you write your resume, and set up your online appearance. The bootcamp is expensive, but overall it was a valuable learning experience for me.

Response From: Boot Camp Team of Berkeley Boot Camps
    Title: Community Team
    Thursday, Feb 14 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the structure of our online program and greatly benefited from our career services. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!