arkansas-coding-academy-logo

Arkansas Coding Academy

Conway

Arkansas Coding Academy

Arkansas Coding Academy (ACA) is a software development bootcamp located in Conway, Arkansas. Founded in 2016 at the University of Central Arkansas, courses at ACA are focused on full stack Java/Spring and C#/.Net, and cover the building blocks of full stack web development, including object-oriented programming techniques. Students learn front end tools (HTML, CSS, and Javascript) and back end integration using SQL and an RDBMS.

Students can choose to enroll in the full-time or part-time bootcamp schedule. The 13-week, full-time program meets during business hours. The 6-month, part-time program meets three nights weekly. ACA offers students and graduates job placement assistance and career support, and has a number of partnerships with various employers. Tuition assistance is also available to eligible students.

Recent Arkansas Coding Academy Reviews: Rating 3.5

all (4) reviews for Arkansas Coding Academy →

Recent Arkansas Coding Academy News

• Android Development

Android, Java
    In Person
    LocationConway
    A 3-month bootcamp in Android Development covering the building blocks of Java and Android OS.

This course is not easy, but with hard work and dedication, it is exactly what is advertised. The staff is very upfront and gives you the opportunity to have a say in the day to day with the coursework and pace. Louis was an awesome instructor and Mary & Anita were helpful whenever I needed anything. If you can put in 100% to this course you will get 100% out. I was able to get an entry level job as a developer and haven't looked back since.

• Needs Work..
    - 12/4/2017

I appreciate the time I had at this bootcamp. In retrospect, I think I would have chosen a different route. For people who need a classroom experience, I still can't say this is best. At least not with the full-time instructor. Arkansas Coding Academy has PT and FT classes, with 2 separate instructors. I was in the FT class with a instructor who wasn't particular helfpul to all students. His teaching style wasn't the best, as he had no patience and wasn't very clear with explaining things when asked for clarification. Plainly put, he knew his stuff, he just didn't know how to teach. Therein lies the problem. I definintely think I taught myself more outside the classrom than in. ACA is still a fairly new program, and with the structure of the program you can tell things are still being worked on. It's a bit unfair to students who have to give up a lot to attend a FT class for 3 months. They try to help with job assistance but not much help can be offered. I say if you're having to pay your own money for this bootcamp, reconsider and think about free or low cost options online.

• Great Program
    - 9/7/2017

I really appreciate the organization and assistance that are provided during the 3-month course. The instructor and director work dilligently with us the whole time and continue to follow-up after completion to help with employment.

If you are looking for a career change, this field is a great one and the academy is a great gateway to gain skills and certification. The director also seems well-connected and deeply invested in ensuring employment for graduates.

Get a Udacity account or some other online code learning site. Don't spend your time or money on this course. It was very unorganized and about half of the people from our class are still not employed in a coding/software career even 6 months after graduation. You can learn just as much on your own online. I wish I knew this tidbit several months ago and had not spent my time in this class.