academy-pittsburgh-logo

Academy Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh

Academy Pittsburgh

Academy Pittsburgh is a 12-week, full-stack, front-end coding bootcamp in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The school aims to provide condensed and practical technology education to fill employment gaps in the region’s businesses, startups and nonprofits. Their open source curriculum covers Ruby, C#, TDD, HTML, CSS, Rails, JavaScript and Angular, and students learn through working on projects that have real world outcomes.

Academy Pittsburgh aims to produce graduates who can build applications in any industry, and are ready to start in a development role. Class hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Recent Academy Pittsburgh Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (17) reviews for Academy Pittsburgh →

Recent Academy Pittsburgh News

Read all (5) articles about Academy Pittsburgh →
  • Code Bootcamp

C#, Git, Ruby, SQL, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Rails, AngularJS
    LocationPittsburgh
    12-week full-time bootcamp covering front end and full stack development, multiple languages, agile development. Classes are 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
    ScholarshipScholarships available
  • Great experience
    - 8/9/2022
    Donna San  User Photo
    Donna San • Firmware developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    John and Jean truly care about each and every student in the program. They make an effort to create an inclusive learning environment and offer accommodations for anyone that needs it. I had zero experience coding before this and they were able to teach me so much in 12 weeks!
  • Trent  User Photo
    Trent • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into Academy needing to learn a new skill and start a new career path. I had absolutely no coding experience and on exiting feel confident in my abilities and excited to keep learning and growing. The instructors and TA's were the kindest, funniest, and most supportive people I could have asked for. While any boot camp experience is daunting given the speed at which they move, Jean and John have a way of guiding students that reeeeeeeeeaaaaally makes it all not only manageable, but fun. I have made life long connections, gained the skills I need to move forward, and most importantly I learned how to learn. When you leave Academy you gain a support network that can't be compared to anything else. It isn't just you and your classmates, but all the alumn that have graduated since the start.
  • Amy Check  User Photo
    Amy Check • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Having gone in with zero coding experience I think this is such a great program, they teach in a way that I think anyone could learn this, I have already recommended the school to several of my friends and plan on staying involved as much as I can.
  • Life Changing
    - 6/9/2020
    Mercy  User Photo
    Mercy • Junior Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It was exactly the career step-up I was hoping for. Better even. After Academy I started a career in software development alongside folks with 4-year degrees and/or a few years experience. Any company interested in agile development should be interested in hiring Academy grads. Because the iterative learning process benefits the individual as well as the process. Each class studies the most relevant technology and irons out challenges of the class before it.
    I can't speak more highly of my experience. In the interest of giving a balanced review, I will say that the for job search is more on the individual than some other bootcamps. This worked for me, but if the process of applying and interviewing sounds like the hardest part of breaking into the industry, then there may be a bootcamp better suited to you out there.
  • Robert Gorham • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate
    The camp consisted of .Net, Ruby on Rails, and HTML Js.  This camp is also fullstack, meaning learning sql was a must.
  • Absolutely great
    - 8/2/2022
    David • Student
    John and the rest of the team are amazing. They demystify the coding work really fast, and got me more comfortable coding than I could really have imagined. Course load is rigorous, but they make the effort to make sure it will change your life without de-railing your life. 10/10
  • Brain Kicked On!
    - 7/28/2022
    James Helt • Graduate
    I received a better, quality education in 12 weeks at Academy Pittsburgh than I did in four years of going to college. I have the confidence and skill set to approach any problem with a positive mindset that I just have to keep chipping away and it will get solved.

For anyone looking to radically transform their own life and finally feel like you belong in a learning environment, I highly recommend Academy Pittsburgh! If I could leave more than five-star ratings, I would.
  • Gear Course
    - 6/2/2021
    Chasity Moran • Student
    I fully enjoyed this course and learned a lot. Good instructors and material.
  • Graduate
    - 12/11/2020
    Kim Gandy • Developer • Graduate
    I loved it! Great instructors and they would meet even after hours to assist you with any issues you may have. I especially liked the guest speakers!
    - 6/17/2020
    Katelyn Neuhaus • Junior Developer • Graduate
    I think the instructors do an amazing job of teaching a wide breadth of material effectively in a short amount of time. They make themselves readily available both during and outside of class hours if you need any additional help. One thing that I felt was really beneficial is that instead of focusing on learning just one language, Academy teaches you how to code in a way that allows you to quickly pick up any language thrown at you. The vast alumni network is very supportive. I was able to receive a job offer one month after graduation thanks to a connection I made through Academy.
  • You should do this
    - 6/10/2020
    Hayes • Developer • Graduate
    Before Academy, I really only had experience in clerical work and project coordination. I had 0 experience as a developer, and 6 months after graduation, I landed my first developer gig. I am soososososososo happy I took the chance and powered through those 12 weeks (I did so with a full time job, which I would not recommend, it was incredibly hard to manage). I'm more happy with my job than I've ever been in my entire life, and the opportunities are endless. The program is rigorous and so difficult. But it is worth it. Academy not only teaches you the fundamentals of coding, but also how to be employed and how to work with a team (almost more important than knowing how to code). We were visited by various speakers in the field of development, but also mental health, former Academy students, and improv.  They're a great team who will always be available for you, even after graduation. 5 stars!