3 Best Coding Bootcamps in Glasgow
- 19Reviews2CoursesCodeClan is Scotland's first digital skills academy, with campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow. CodeClan offers a range of software development courses through... Read MoreCodeClan is Scotland's first digital skills academy, with campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow. CodeClan offers a range of software development courses through immersive, 16-week coding courses and part-time learning. Our courses will help kick start your career in tech or deepen your digital expertise. CodeClan was created to deal with rising demand for digital jobs in Scotland and the curriculum was created with market demands in mind in conjunction with the Scottish Qualification Authority. Read MoreJP
5Student - Edinburgh
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Professional Data AnalysisI was a data analysis student at Codeclan from July-October 2021 as part of a virtual cohort. Prior to the course my background was in IT project management bu ... Read MoreI was a data analysis student at Codeclan from July-October 2021 as part of a virtual cohort. Prior to the course my background was in IT project management but I was keen to move into a more technical role. And I loved spreadsheets so thought the data course was probably a good bet :)... Read Less
I had high expectations going into the course because I'd been thinking about it for quite a while - the cost of the course being the main reason for delaying. These expectations were definitely met however, and the course for me was absolutely worth the cost. If the cost is a barrier for you I'd recommend checking out some of the funding options - I used Knoma which was excellent.
My favourite parts of the course were the early stages covering Git/GitHub, data cleaning and wrangling, R/R Shiny and SQL. The stuff on visualisation was great too. Personally I was less interested in the statistics and machine learning parts of the course, which is why I've gone down the data engineering route as opposed to data analysis/science. However it's a great overview of those skills/disciplines so if you are interested in this stuff it will be perfect for you. The careers week was also hugely beneficial.
The instructors were superb. Very knowledgeable with loads of real-world experience. They were great at providing real-world examples of things they'd worked on in the past - I found this very useful in terms of appreciating why something was important or how it could be used. And they were all just lovely people in general, always approachable and helpful.
In summary...I'm very glad I finally took the plunge and joined Codeclan. It was a fantastic experience and I was able to get a junior data engineer position at a great company a few weeks before I'd even finished the course. What I would say is you should be reasonably sure you're interested in this area before joining. It's definitely worthwhile going to some of the open days / information sessions before making your mind up. I say this because it's a significant undertaking - 14 weeks of full time study and homework and projects is not easy, and it would be incredibly difficult if you weren't interested in the subject matter.
5Graduate - Course: Manual Tester - Warsaw
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Tester in Coders LabI am very satisfied with the Tester course. The mentor conveys his knowledge very well and backs it up with examples from his years of professional experience. ... Read MoreI am very satisfied with the Tester course. The mentor conveys his knowledge very well and backs it up with examples from his years of professional experience. He was able to answer all my questions related to testing. Preparation for the exam was also at a high level. I do recommend it!... Read Less
5Graduate - Course: BOOTCAMP - Online
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Truly a fantastic courseI learnt so much in this course. As a career changer i wanted to learn full stack software development, get hands on experience and become career ready. This co ... Read MoreI learnt so much in this course. As a career changer i wanted to learn full stack software development, get hands on experience and become career ready. This course helped me to achieve that. I am currently working as a junior software developer.... Read Less
This course helped me to be prepare for work in the industry. I got experience in all parts of software development lifecycle. I got support with my CV and interview which helped me to land my first role. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is a career changer like myself or a career starter or looking to update their knowledge with the latest tech in software development.
Important tips for new starters:
- Make sure you read your course materials including the extra bits,
- Prepare your questions before online classes (the teachers are very good with answering your questions and giving real life examples),
- Learn how to research software issues (this course will teach you how to approach any error you could possibly have, basic principles, what steps to take, hugely important in career)
- Finally make sure you enrol!