world-tech-academy-logo

World Tech Academy

Provo

World Tech Academy

World Tech Academy offers an 18-week part-time Front End Development bootcamp in Provo, Utah. The program covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, AngularJS, JQuery, Git, APIs, Chrome Developer Tools and Firebase. Students are taught by experienced instructors, work on real life projects, and build up portfolios they can show potential employers. The aim is for students to graduate with the skills to become a professional web developer, and build websites.

Classes are in the evenings twice per week for 3 hours each. WTA staff members are available to help students with job searching, networking, and interview preparation.

Recent World Tech Academy Reviews: Rating 4.75

all (4) reviews for World Tech Academy →

Recent World Tech Academy News

• Front End Development

Provo
      This 18-week part-time bootcamp covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, AngularJS, JQuery, Git, APIs, Chrome Developer Tools and Firebase. Classes are held in the evening twice per week for 3 hours.
      Interview

• Super Fly
      - 7/25/2016
      Kevin LeStarge • Web Developer • Graduate
      I'm not gonna lie, I was hesitant at first to take a class from World Tech Academy. As an Information Systems major, I thought I already kinda knew my way around the web. However, I was pleasantly surprised to be involved with many fun and challenging projects that made me learn a ton. They were flexible too in catering to the needs of each student in the class. Some students didn't have any experience coding before taking the class, and some had a lot like me, but I feel like we were all able to build on our current skill levels and go at different paces, while accomplishing relevant projects along the way.

WTA taught me not only the essentials of web development, but also how to learn on my own. I know feel confident enough to google my way into solving virtually any problem I face in my code. Thanks WTA! Play for keeps out there.

• Chase Armstrong • Founder, Blush And Brulee • Graduate

First, I can’t say enough good things about WTA. Coming into it, I couldn’t build anything. It’s not just that I didn’t have enough experience with the right web development languages but also that I didn’t know how to find the answers for myself. Often times, when I would run into issues with a project I was working on, Steven or Sam would show me how to find the answer for myself instead of giving me the answer. I didn’t understand at the time how valuable that was but now I totally get it. This last weekend, I spent a couple of days learning WordPress. While that’s not a language per se, it’s a technology that I learned using the same principle my World Tech Academy teacher's taught me. I’m confident I can learn any language or technology I need to in order to succeed.

Second, WTA helped me accomplish my goal. I started there with the goal of getting into Hack Reactor, a 3 month, intensive coding bootcamp. While I haven’t been formally accepted to Hack Reactor quite yet, they loved the snake project I built. As well, they loved the use of higher order functions and the use of external libraries (all hail sweet alert) and I couldn’t have implemented either of those things without Steven and Sam being patient with me when I wanted to learn everything all at once.

World Tech Academy was a fantastic experience that really got me excited about web development. It took me the basics you learn on Codecademy to building real projects that I could launch on the web. And for the price, you won't find a better value in the coding bootcamp world.

• Alvaro • Graphic Desgin / Frontend Web Development • Graduate

The first thing I would recommend to anyone taking this class is to take it seriously, by this I mean really put the time and the effort; starting with the pre-req challenges before the class even starts, specially if you have no experience coding whatsoever. Second, do your homework, even though classes are only tuesdays, thursdays and open lab on saturdays is really a good idea to put the same amount of hours the rest of the days, that's if you really want to learn. The instructors are great not only they are knowledgable but they put a lot of effort to help their students so they can learn. I hope this helps you if you are thinking about taking this class.