victory-lap-logo

Victory Lap

Victory Lap

Victory Lap is an 8-week, immersive, virtual tech sales bootcamp. The tech sales curriculum is delivered through a combination of self-paced lessons, weekly live classroom discussions led by industry experts, peer to peer discussions, and small group learning opportunities.

Victory Lap bootcamp students will learn how to build a systematic sales pipeline process, optimize the sales funnel, and run effective sales meetings. Victory Lap students will also learn techniques of presenting, negotiating, and closing. Bootcamp students will participate in live tech sales role-playing scenarios and complete a final capstone project.

Applicants do not need experience to apply, but prospective Victory Lap bootcamp students should expect to complete a short writing assignment about their goals and what they hope to accomplish.

Victory Lap bootcamp students will receive one-on-one career coaching, including call coaching, continuous training, and feedback from industry mentors. Commission and hourly opportunities will also be presented. Career support is also provided during interviews and through the first six months on the job for new graduates.

Victory Lap students may choose to pay tuition upfront with a discounted price or participate in an Income Share Agreement. Those who choose the ISA will pay only after securing a marketing job earning at least $30,000 annually.  Monthly ISA payments are 8% of a graduates’ salary for 24 months or until reaching the $15,000 cap. The ISA expires after four years.

Recent Victory Lap Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (15) reviews for Victory Lap →

Recent Victory Lap News

• Tech Sales Bootcamp

Sales
    OnlineFull Time8 Weeks
    Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement is available; graduates pay monthly payments back of 8% of your salary for 24 months ($15,000 payment cap).
  • Client Engagement
    - 4/29/2021
    Olivia  User Photo
    Olivia • Verified via LinkedIn
     Steve really takes the time to make sure you are getting what you need out of the class. The whole staff is on your side. Steve is very intelligent and savvy when it comes to sales. He will find a way to teach you for sure.
  • Awesome Experience
    - 4/24/2021
    Benjamin Rivera  User Photo
    Benjamin Rivera • BDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Victory Lap changed my life super cheesy line I know but I'm just being honest. To be honest, I thought there was a catch before joining. Like they state that they will help you break into the tech industry if you join their Bootcamp, but when I first spoke to Blake I could really hear the passion he had for Victory Lap and told me about their success, so I figured what did I have to lose.

The program itself was actually fun it's better if you engage yourself, but my instructor Steve Gowa was AWESOME! His passion and excitement whilst teaching were really enjoyable for me and made it easy for me to stay engaged. He had a lot of patience and really cared about the class. My only problem with class was I wish it was longer but I managed.

Everyone at Victory Lap has my biggest support and I recommend it to anyone looking to break into tech.
  • Victory Lap fellow
    Jas Chhibber  User Photo
    Jas Chhibber • Physician • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was introduced to Victory Lap Bootcamp by my son. He attended cohort 2 of Victory Lap Bootcamp. Victory Lap taught him sales fresh out of college and helped him land his first job in tech sales within a couple of weeks of graduating at Active campaign. Four years later, he is a happy veteran at the Active campaign. I attended cohort 56 in March-April 2021.
    Steve, from you, I learned to be "pleasantly persistent" and to "have strong opinions loosely held," among many other things. The Bootcamp is 8 weeks. We had weekly 90 minutes very involved and interactive classes. Plus, we had two optional 45 minute weekly classes, which I will highly recommend attending.
    The classes are well-paced, organized, and planned. There is weekly homework that matches the work done in classes. Steve was always enthusiastic about nudging and challenging us to do better. He gave us many tricks of the trade from his vast experience. He made himself available 1:1 24/7 via slack. He appeared genuinely invested in our success.
    The feedback from homework and classes was clear, timely, and informative. Tom did a magical job for my resume, Linkedin, and Victory Lap profile. Jon, Blake, and Keegan prepared me to ace any interview down to a science.
    It was definitely a worthwhile Bootcamp. I will highly recommend this to anyone considering a career in sales.
  • Patrick Andaya  User Photo
    Patrick Andaya • Verified via LinkedIn
    The content was easy to understand and you can almost apply it right away. Tom is doing a great job getting everyone to participate and to this day there was no awkward moment of silence on every live training.
  • Katiana S.  User Photo
    Katiana S. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Victory Lap has simplified and decoded the mystery of software sales so that I feel comfortable transitioning into a career in sales.  The instructors provide clear, hands-on education that inspires you to transform any current limitations. They are very personable with consistency in communication and support. This bootcamp is the full package; the curriculum, interview prep, and job readiness are second to none. Take a leap of faith if you’re interested in a career in sales because you won't regret it.
  • Cohort 57
    Rem • SDR • Student
    This sales Bootcamp opened my mind to sales from a different perspective. I thought I knew everything in sales. But when I joined this Bootcamp? I realized I was just at the beginning of my sales career. The sessions are informative and not boring. My coach is Tom Singell and he's like the Harvey Specter of sales.
    Jeff Metz • Student
    Through a blend of tailored education, access to opportunity, and the support of our community we help more people get it right and succeed sooner in their sales careers.
  • Sales Fellow
    Ben Steffen • Sales Fellow
    Took part in Victory Lap's sales bootcamp in Cohort 56.
  • Sara C • Sales Enablement • Graduate
    I was first introduced to Victory Lap when I was actually recruiting for chicago software sales candidates in a previous role. Many of my candidates and tech clients had mentioned they were utilizing VL as a resource so when I was looking to transition out of my role in the recruitment industry I called them up. Not only were they extremely responsive, but they also changed the course of my sales career!

As an SDR/BDR candidate trying to stand out from the competition in the Chicago tech sales landscape, a VL education and stamp of approval is extremely valuable. Unlike agency recruiters, VL provides a classroom-based education to prepare you for a career in sales. Topics ranged from cold calling, objection handling, interview prep, the psychology of sales, resume prep, pipeline building, email writing, etc.

After our training, hiring managers were invited in for a talent showcase and each candidate pitched their backgrounds. From there we worked in tandem with the Victory Lap team to set up first round phone interviews with their talent partners. I worked extremely close with Kevin during this interview process and he was extremely helpful in dissecting my thoughts post-interviews and ultimately helped me narrow down my options until I found the perfect fit.

Overall a very thorough process that I was extremely impressed.

• Courtni • Graduate
    I appreciate Victory Lap. I believe the structure of this course is helpful in the way content is ingested and cemented. The interactive sessions helped solidify the information learned from the coursework.  I was able to explore my strengths and weaknesses. Thanks!

• Amazing!!!
    - 4/21/2021
    Ashlee Reusch • AE • Graduate
    When I was looking for a new opportunity Victory Lap was recommended to me by a friend. I didn't know much about Victory Lap at the time but I took a leap of faith and I am so happy I did! With about 5 years of sales experience under my belt - I wasn't sure what to expect going through but I learned so much and made amazing connections and found an amazing job!!!!
  • Shaun • Senior Account Executive • Graduate

“Before going through Victory Lap, I spent 10+ years in public education as a teacher and assistant principal.  While I absolutely loved my time as an educator (nothing will ever beat the joy of seeing kids succeed), I found that my priorities and goals were changing and I wanted to expand myself beyond education. In short - I needed a new challenge.
    For years, my friends had encouraged me to explore a career in sales but I was hamstrung due to my lack of experience and inability to “get a foot in the door”. This was, after all, a complete 180 from my time in the classroom. Fortunately, I stumbled across Victory Lap in my quest to learn more about getting into sales and applying to sales training organizations based in Chicago. Victory Lap provided the perfect combination of 1) applicable sales training and 2) job placement opportunities with their partners.
    I felt the tangible value of Victory Lap after my first day and continue to reap the benefits by being part of their incredible community. The practical skills, continuing education, exposure to new careers, and immense networking opportunities is what made Victory Lap such an impactful investment for myself; and anyone that becomes a part of their community.
    Since completing the bootcamp in 2019, I’ve had a quick rise in the world of sales. I started as an SDR at Dynamic Signal on the fast track to promotion before taking a dream role with Screencastify (which would pair my education background with my new passion for sales) - I’ve since gone from an AE to SAE and play an integral role in developing new strategies for partnership collaboration.