victory-lap-logo

Victory Lap

Victory Lap

Victory Lap is an 8-week, immersive, virtual tech sales bootcamp. The tech sales curriculum is delivered through a combination of self-paced lessons, weekly live classroom discussions led by industry experts, peer to peer discussions, and small group learning opportunities.

Victory Lap bootcamp students will learn how to build a systematic sales pipeline process, optimize the sales funnel, and run effective sales meetings. Victory Lap students will also learn techniques of presenting, negotiating, and closing. Bootcamp students will participate in live tech sales role-playing scenarios and complete a final capstone project.

Applicants do not need experience to apply, but prospective Victory Lap bootcamp students should expect to complete a short writing assignment about their goals and what they hope to accomplish.

Victory Lap bootcamp students will receive one-on-one career coaching, including call coaching, continuous training, and feedback from industry mentors. Commission and hourly opportunities will also be presented. Career support is also provided during interviews and through the first six months on the job for new graduates.

Victory Lap students may choose to pay tuition upfront with a discounted price or participate in an Income Share Agreement. Those who choose the ISA will pay only after securing a marketing job earning at least $30,000 annually.  Monthly ISA payments are 8% of a graduates’ salary for 24 months or until reaching the $15,000 cap. The ISA expires after four years.

Recent Victory Lap Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (19) reviews for Victory Lap →

Recent Victory Lap News

• Tech Sales Bootcamp

Sales
    OnlineFull Time8 Weeks
    Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement is available; graduates pay monthly payments back of 8% of your salary for 24 months ($15,000 payment cap).
  • Ben  User Photo
    Ben • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Because I'm a career changer in his early 40's with a family to support I think this program was not as ideal for me as for someone early in their career (early to mid-20s) who can take on more risk with the career switch. There's no question that the curriculum will prepare anyone to do very well in an entry-level Business Development Rep or Sales Development Rep role at any company. How to effectively cold email, how to set a manageable yet successful outreach cadence, what it means to listen and respond to prospects' pain points. It's all there. It's just unfortunate that BDR/SDR roles (the only roles I was set up to interview for through their partner network) only pay $45-$55k as a base salary (with commission compensation on top of that, of course, anywhere between $12.5k to $25k). I just would not be able to make ends meet on that salary as the head of a household while pushing for the additional commissions. This is partly on me for not thinking more carefully through what would be possible after the program but I think Victory Lap also needs to carefully consider the types of people they accept into their cohorts. If you're ready to make the leap and have just yourself to support then you should totally do this and you'll definitely get a job at a $45-55k base and potential for $12-25k on top of that for uncapped commissions. You'll also be prepared to excel in that role and probably get a promotion to Account Executive within 6-18 months and then be making a base salary of more like $80k. If that sounds enticing, then do this program. But just be prepared to dig in on all of the content, don't miss a single live class, ask a bunch of questions, and then be ready to block out the next 6-18 months to crush it in the BDR/SDR role by putting the job first for at least 6 days a week. Lastly, be aware that Victory Lap is based out of Chicago, and I'm in the Hartford, CT area. This limited the companies that I was able to interview with as many don't want remote staff. This may be why I was only offered interviews for entry-level business development roles rather than getting a shot at an Account Executive role.

• Adrian  User Photo
    Adrian • Sales Development Representative • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is kind of a late night, in my feelings, on the fly review, so if I miss anything, oh well.

TLDR: I got a very well paying job due to Victory Lap's training. With a company culture I love. The ability to work remotely and therefore travel while I work. Just, nirvana.

Victory Lap completely changed the course of my life. I simply applied to their job listing on indeed right before I relocated to my dream city. I briefly spoke to Blake, who upon hearing my reasoning for trying to pursue sales as a career choice, waived a requirement which was really cool of him. Importantly though, Blake made me a promise that sounded like an off hand remark you would say to someone you're just trying to hook. He said, "We'll get you that 50k sales job man". I said, "Alright I'm in".

So fast forward a month and a half. I'm now in the city I want to be, eagerly awaiting the program start. VL had a very fleshed out curriculum. We learned how to prospect, time management, how to write good sales copy, how to advance as quickly as possible from an SDR to an AE etc.

They brought on hiring managers and past VL graduates to tell us more about the industry and their and how they got started. They brought in people from Groupon who put Groupon on the map when it was no-name. Keegan, who sources these companies for VL graduates is also one of these people. She put Groupon on the map when she was coming up.

We role played. Very hard. Kind of tough to sit their and shoot your shot in-front of your cohort. We did it, we came out better. Tom did it. It was all very intense, but rewarding.

We had advanced sessions twice a week in the morning and a big group session every Wednesday night.

I'll be honest, it was starting to be a pain in the ***. But I didn't quit, just kept plodding along. It's hard to put effort into something when you don't get an immediate return. I myself dropped out of school. I hated working for nothing... And here I was doing it again. I'm glad I didn't let my own negativity kill this opportunity.

About 75% through the course, I was offered a spot in their program to do cold calling with a company I believe was selling the crappiest product. It was hard. Our CRM was a long list scraped from yelp and our own phone numbers to call. THIS WAS EXTREMELY VALUABLE. Selling garbage (imo) to people who didn't want it was hard, and once again I was working for nothing, again...

I had to drop out that little project, it was too much to cold call for nothing (Although if I made a sale I would have gotten a dollar amount im not gonna specify here). Now I was like, "man, oh man, *sigh* ".

Finally we had our final presentation. We had to present infront of these companies they pulled to be an audience while we did a sales pitch to them. My presentation was quite average, I would even call it bad. But I did it and we all congratulated eachother and said goodbye. Strangely enough, the role playing was harder than the presentation, I had a company whose product could not be farther from what I ever wanted to spend my day to day thinking about and selling.

Finally we got let lose in the wild. I made it to two 3rd interviews and didn't get those jobs and the two interviews VL set me up with also didn't select me (the first one was my fault, I flubbed it). At one point I gave up, I said no harm no foul the only thing I lost was time. I went on with my life for a few months, slowly moving forward on other plans.

Than one day I got two more emails. Victory Lap matched me with two more companies. I figured I would do the interviews just to say I did, I didn't think anything of it. One company basically trashed my resume, GREAT!  But then I REALLY clicked with the sales manager. Bam! Second interview was with the CEO and the CFO. There was no third interview for once. I got the job. With a base+ote a good amount past 50k. Insane. I loved the culture there. Crazy. Victory Lap teaches culture a a crucial determinant. Here I was basically done with the whole thing. Out the blue Blake's promise came true with icing on top.

Victory Lap definitely was a worthwhile investment, the only downside is the payments I have to make now because I'm way above the minimum for the ISA repayment hahahah :)

I would like to thank the whole Victory Lap cast and crew for getting me here. I would name everyone but its late at night and i'll feel bad if I forget anyone.

(Ps. I remembered at the end, Brittney Scott helped to prep me for interviews and I think that was instrumental in helping me get over some bad interview habits).

(PPs. I really want to edit and format this nicely, butttt.... im too tired X_X . However, I do owe this to Tom and the program)

• Client Engagement
    - 4/29/2021
    Olivia  User Photo
    Olivia • Verified via LinkedIn
     Steve really takes the time to make sure you are getting what you need out of the class. The whole staff is on your side. Steve is very intelligent and savvy when it comes to sales. He will find a way to teach you for sure.
  • Awesome Experience
    - 4/24/2021
    Benjamin Rivera  User Photo
    Benjamin Rivera • BDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Victory Lap changed my life super cheesy line I know but I'm just being honest. To be honest, I thought there was a catch before joining. Like they state that they will help you break into the tech industry if you join their Bootcamp, but when I first spoke to Blake I could really hear the passion he had for Victory Lap and told me about their success, so I figured what did I have to lose.

The program itself was actually fun it's better if you engage yourself, but my instructor Steve Gowa was AWESOME! His passion and excitement whilst teaching were really enjoyable for me and made it easy for me to stay engaged. He had a lot of patience and really cared about the class. My only problem with class was I wish it was longer but I managed.

Everyone at Victory Lap has my biggest support and I recommend it to anyone looking to break into tech.
  • Victory Lap fellow
    - 4/22/2021
    Jas Chhibber  User Photo
    Jas Chhibber • Physician • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was introduced to Victory Lap Bootcamp by my son. He attended cohort 2 of Victory Lap Bootcamp. Victory Lap taught him sales fresh out of college and helped him land his first job in tech sales within a couple of weeks of graduating at Active campaign. Four years later, he is a happy veteran at the Active campaign. I attended cohort 56 in March-April 2021.
    Steve, from you, I learned to be "pleasantly persistent" and to "have strong opinions loosely held," among many other things. The Bootcamp is 8 weeks. We had weekly 90 minutes very involved and interactive classes. Plus, we had two optional 45 minute weekly classes, which I will highly recommend attending.
    The classes are well-paced, organized, and planned. There is weekly homework that matches the work done in classes. Steve was always enthusiastic about nudging and challenging us to do better. He gave us many tricks of the trade from his vast experience. He made himself available 1:1 24/7 via slack. He appeared genuinely invested in our success.
    The feedback from homework and classes was clear, timely, and informative. Tom did a magical job for my resume, Linkedin, and Victory Lap profile. Jon, Blake, and Keegan prepared me to ace any interview down to a science.
    It was definitely a worthwhile Bootcamp. I will highly recommend this to anyone considering a career in sales.
  • Patrick Andaya  User Photo
    Patrick Andaya • Verified via LinkedIn
    The content was easy to understand and you can almost apply it right away. Tom is doing a great job getting everyone to participate and to this day there was no awkward moment of silence on every live training.
  • Katiana S.  User Photo
    Katiana S. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Victory Lap has simplified and decoded the mystery of software sales so that I feel comfortable transitioning into a career in sales.  The instructors provide clear, hands-on education that inspires you to transform any current limitations. They are very personable with consistency in communication and support. This bootcamp is the full package; the curriculum, interview prep, and job readiness are second to none. Take a leap of faith if you’re interested in a career in sales because you won't regret it.
  • Denzel Barnes
    This program was nothing but phenomenal. The instructor Steve is one of the best in the business. He will stay after class and schedule time and help you whenever you need. The group environment is relaxed and picks up pretty fast. Do not miss a day, if you can help it. These sessions are short but extremely beneficial to your success. Sales experience is something I believe everyone needs and if you are curious about the transition this is the right move.
  • Sales Fellow
    - 7/2/2021
    Brandon • Graduate

Background: Career Changer. Spent 4 years as a Teacher. Mid-twenties.

Currently: Victory Lap graduate. In training for my new sales role.

What initially drew me into Victory Lap were these three things:

1. I was not able to get a job offer. (I had been interviewing for almost 5 months before enrolling).

2. I was struggling to get interviews from quality companies. (I had been working with recruiters without much luck).

3. I wanted to confirm my interest in sales.

Here's how Victory Lap helped:

1. Less than 1 month of completing Victory Lap I was offered and accepted a sales position with a great company through Victory Lap's network. I can honestly say this opportunity only happened because I did Victory Lap. The experience and training from the course, Victory Lap's network (networking is so important), and the interview training and preparation made this possible.

2. The interview opportunities are as good as advertised on the website. I was excited about every single company that I interviewed with from the Victory Lap network. Victory Lap does a fantastic job of matching you with equally great companies. Additionally, the coaching and resources provided had me ready to nail the interview(s).

It's important to note that hiring/sales managers LOVE Victory Lap. Victory Lap has a trusted reputation that managers respect, sales managers brought that up in almost every interview I went on. For the interviewers that were unfamiliar (with VL), they were equally impressed by a candidate who takes initiative by enrolling in a Tech Sales training course.

3. Not only did VL confirm my interest, but it also gives you up-to-date practical/relevant training to be ready on day 1. I'm currently in training and we are following the same format Victory Lap trained me in (talk about a confidence booster).

The coursework is presented in a fun way. Everything you learn transfers over to the real job. Steve is a sales wizard and a great teacher (Tom was also great). The live classes were engaging and flowing with sales information. An underrated component of VL is the peers you work with. My cohort rocked. It had a variety of people with different backgrounds/experiences/perspectives (which offered a lot to learn from).

Everyone I interacted with from Victory Lap genuinely cares about you personally and professionally. Even after you finish the course Steve and Jon will still reach out to you, just to check in. They were generous with their time and I never felt like an inconvenience if I needed additional help.

Victory Lap is a pathway to success. Work hard and you will be rewarded. I would recommend Victory Lap to anyone who wants to get into Tech Sales.

• Cohort 57
    - 4/23/2021
    Rem • SDR • Student
    This sales Bootcamp opened my mind to sales from a different perspective. I thought I knew everything in sales. But when I joined this Bootcamp? I realized I was just at the beginning of my sales career. The sessions are informative and not boring. My coach is Tom Singell and he's like the Harvey Specter of sales.
    - 4/23/2021
    Jeff Metz • Student
    Through a blend of tailored education, access to opportunity, and the support of our community we help more people get it right and succeed sooner in their sales careers.
  • Sales Fellow
    - 4/22/2021
    Ben Steffen • Sales Fellow
    Took part in Victory Lap's sales bootcamp in Cohort 56.