university-of-birmingham-boot-camps-logo

University of Birmingham Boot Camps

London, Online

University of Birmingham Boot Camps

University of Birmingham Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development and data analytics courses in Birmingham. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enrol, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. University of Birmingham Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, CV and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Birmingham and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics.

University of Birmingham Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Birmingham Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (17) reviews for University of Birmingham Boot Camps →

Recent University of Birmingham Boot Camps News

• Coding

CSS, Express.js, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js
    Cost£7,200
    University of Birmingham Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain access to participate in experiential learning opportunities and receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position you for success in the field.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans are available.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants do not need prior experience to enrol, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial.
    Prep WorkAccepted applicants will complete a prep course.
  • Data Analytics

Data Analytics , Excel, JavaScript, Python, SQL
    This programme is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyse and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans are available.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available.
    Minimum Skill Level Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial.
    Prep WorkAccepted applicants will complete a prep course.
  • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (In-Person)

React.js, Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Git, CSS
    Cost£7,200
    LocationLondon
    Payment plans available
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 9/3/2021
    Mehmet Hakel Çam  User Photo
    Mehmet Hakel Çam • Engineer and Junior Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I can say that it was the best decision I made during one of the most difficult periods of my life. In the beginning, I had no expectations from this magnificent adventure that I was directed to a Facebook ad. For the first time in my life, I responded to a Facebook ad. How confident should I be? How useful would it be?

While all these questions were storming through my mind, I realized the seriousness of the task when I saw a strict course preparation program. At first, I thought my plan would give me some time and try to learn, if I felt like I was going to fail I thought I would drop it halfway or find out later. As a matter of fact, I was faced with this feeling a little after the first quarter of the course. But learning is a process and thanks to my friends and of course my amazing instructors/tutors, I got rid of these negative thoughts and focused on learning more. It was not an easy process. While I was thinking that it would only take me 3 days a week and it would be easy, I found myself among the instructors who were always full of determination to teach, and I found myself learning this between 16:30 pm -23:00 pm every evening for 24 weeks.

Humanity has not yet reached the stage where it can swallow information like a pill. Therefore, if you think that someone will teach you this without any effort, you are wrong. This was the behaviour I saw in those who made bad comments anyway. But if someone like me who has learning difficulties, dyslexia, whose native language is not English and is afraid to ask questions can be someone who has made programs about the subjects included in the course content today, I would say give yourself a chance. I can't put into words the best 24 weeks of my life. So I think you should try it.

Of course, there will be parts that are not for you. Very easy. Continuing is always an option. When I felt most hopeless, when I sent a message to my instructor/tutors Suraj, Kenneth, Cillian and my personal Mentor Madeexa and asked for help, all my problems were resolved regarding my learning process. Besides, we had an amazing class and very hardworking friends. When I reached out to them throughout the course and while developing projects with them, I learned a lot from them. The fact that this course is being held under the name of The University of Birmingham also removed all the doubts I felt at first.

I would like to thank everyone who prepared this course for us and for this feeling of learning and success in this difficult covid period. Without forgetting, I would like to thank Maimuna and all my project teams, who always supported me in all the mishaps I experienced. I hope everything will be fine for everyone.
    Tuesday, Sep 07 2021
    Amazing, Mehmet! Taking the first step toward a new career can be intimidating, which is why we not only design our curriculum around in-demand skills, but provide learners with support throughout their educational journey. We're thrilled that you found the support of your instructors and tutors to be helpful in adhering to the rigorous pace of the course.

Like you mentioned, the boot camp requires a significant time commitment, and you're absolutely right that in order to truly succeed, you'll need to be fully committed to your studies. We commend all your hard work and are rooting for you in all your future coding endeavors.
  • Michael Crates  User Photo
    Michael Crates • Student Verified via GitHub
    Can i first start by saying how amazing the instructional staff are.

The course started with a few problems with people setting ssh keys up, I had already done mine as i actaully did the pre work before the course start.
    The team was friendly and helpful and always put in the time for the class. Extra classes every night which was amazing but massive strain on my life as i work full time and then coming home to go straight into class.
    I choose to go to the extra classes to help me progress further although these are optional i highly recommend you go to them to help yourself in the long run.
    I would of loved to have code along classes too but with a class of 40 strong at the start i understand why this wasnt a possibility as everyone codes and learns at different speeds.
    Most of the classes was the instructional staff showing us methods and ways to search it ourselves using "stack overflow" which is super helpful as thats what happens in the real world of coding. Of course the showed us how to code, sometimes even picking class members to "drive" with guidance. Thats abit nerv racking, i think you actaully forget how to use a computer when your asked haha.
    Alot of the class didn't have there camera's on which lessers there interactions with them and they got asked alot less questions for obvious reasons. So another recommendation is to have your camera on as much as you possibly can.

Im now currently on the job hunt the careers person was lovely, hard to get hold of at times and they was transitioning to a new role leaving us in the learch for a couple of weeks when we needed help searching for jobs, polishing our cvs and online presence.

Demo Day kinda felt like it was promising so much and failed to deliver myself and my group put in all the hard work and graft and only presented to 4 people 1 of which was an instructor of the other cohort. Although he was lovely and gave us helpful feedback
    would of loved to see all these businesses that was promised when starting like BT, Gymshark ect.

Overall happy with the course,
    FYI theres a scheme i found out after starting the course that you can get it for half the price so look into that before paying the full amount like me.
    Tuesday, Sep 07 2021
    Thank you for your review, Michael. Like you mentioned, the course is fast-paced and covers a wide range of topics, so we commend you for your hard work and dedication to attending the extra classes.

Our course is designed to help learners think like a developer and learn through hands-on exercises, and we agree that in-class participation is just as crucial to success as work done outside of the classroom.

We regret that Demo Day didn't live up to your expectations, and would love to discuss any additional networking opportunities through our Career Engagement Network that may be available. If you would like, please feel free to reach out to us directly at 0121 227 8331.
  • Vilma  User Photo
    Vilma • Sn Consultant Verified via GitHub
    Pro
    1. Great technical material from Trinity collage
    2. It was nice to see converting coding to quality coding
    3. Grateful to Meedaxa for his support on our 1:1 seasons, a great tutor, highly professional and a very knowledgeable individual. Explains things in an easy and understandable way and I think this is his superpower.
    4. Student Success Manager (Mai) a very positive and supportive individual.

Con
      1. Too many people for a coding bootcamp. It started with 40 people and ended with 24 (still a lot for this type of bootcamp). My first question, in the call with Gregory Mazzella, before deciding to register for this course was: How many students are there? The reply was 10-15 and it still felt a lot at that time. I decided to continue when I saw 40 because I trusted your experience and professionalism.
      2. When I think of the word bootcamp it gives me the impression that it should be more students hands on practice after explaining core concepts, but this never happened in our classes, except Projects. It was mostly the instructor coding and spending a lot of time figuring out the solution himself; this has resulted in spending non-productive hours in the class - an approach that makes sense for an overcrowded class.
      3. There was no control over the class, for example: No order when asking questions, frequent situations of people overlapping each other when speaking or not respecting an order. Basically it was impossible to ask a question, as you will always be interrupted and sometimes in an aggressive way.
      4. Instructor focused on helping and replying only to 3-4 (job seeking) people in the class which made me loose interest on the course and search udemy courses. This added extra hours spent to understand class material.
      5. Time per class was not always well-organised. If the classes were well-organised before hand, there would have been no need for so many extra classes on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays; for example the Friday session of 1 h could have been perfectly integrated on Thursday and the homework review of 1 h on Tuesday. To add to that,  most of the recent classes were starting 30-45 min late, I didn’t appreciate this as it was disrespecting our time without giving us notice beforehand.
      6. I appreciated some extra classes but the frequency of them made this bootcamp more time consuming (not in a productive way) especially for a full time working individual. I understand that the extra classes were not mandatory, but yet on those classes remaining unexplained material from mandatory classes was  explained.
      7. The instructor lacks listening skills and is bias oriented.
        I started this bootcamp with plenty of enthusiasm but unfortunately I ended waiting forward to its end.
    Thursday, Sep 02 2021
    Thank you for your feedback, Vilma. We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire team but regret to hear the boot camp as a whole did not live up to your expectations.

We understand our programme is rigorous and as such we strive to provide a low student to instructor ratio for individuals to navigate the curriculum properly. We understand that you were unhappy your cohort did have a larger class size and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

We pride ourselves on teaching individuals how to learn, providing a strong foundation of skills that will allow them to easily dive into other programming languages, even after the course ends. This helps students learn how to problem-solve and self-teach; crucial abilities needed in any real-world role. Due to the fast pace of the course, as well as the challenging topics covered, we do offer several means of support including office hours, Slack, and free tutoring sessions. We hope you were able to take advantage of these resources.

Our team is passionate about ensuring all our learners are being supported, so we regret to hear that you felt your instructor was not responsive. While we support many individuals throughout the boot camp, we do our best to ensure that all enquiries are addressed and students' needs are met. The student experience is our priority, and to ensure a positive learning environment, we actively monitor instructor performance through weekly student feedback surveys, video audits of the classroom, and instructor coaching sessions. We also provide supplemental resources throughout the course and host structured review sessions to increase academic understanding of core concepts and frameworks. We truly appreciate your input, as we're constantly working on improving our support to ensure individuals have the best learning experience possible.

It is our goal for everyone to leave our programme feeling equipped with the skills they need to succeed. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn how else we can assist you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us at +44 (0)121 227 8331.
  • Lee Farnell  User Photo
    Lee Farnell • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am one day away from completing this course and to say I've had one of the best experiences learning how to code would be an understatement. From start to end, I have enjoyed every single second of this boot camp.

I am still blown away by the commitment of the instructional staff (Suraj, Kenneth and Cillian), in putting in so much time and effort with each and every student to ensure they are getting the best advice and education from the course. No problem is ever to big for them to help with. They listened when we were struggling and guided us on the right path to help us understand and get a better grasp of coding. I am forever in their debt for thier knowledge, wisdom and patience.

The course can be very intense at times, and at the very start of the course, I was feeling overwhlemed by learning so much, so quickly. But it was thanks to the instructional staff with their persistant support and help that I was able to pull through and understand how everything worked. I cannot rate them highly enough or thank them enough for what they have done for me.

Even as we come to finish the course, they are helping with finding work and reviewing our CV's and applications to ensure we have the best chance possible at finding work as web developers. They truly want the best for us and that is greater than anything.

Everything we have learned has been up to date and relevant to the tech world around us now, and the instructors spent extra time on the most relevant parts of web development which are in demand in the tech industry to ensure we were as prepared as we can be.

Overall, this has been such a wonderful experience and I would recommend it highly to anyone who wants to get into coding. It's a wonderful experience with wonderful tutors and instructors who want the best from you and they will ensure, when you finish, that you are ready to start your tech career.
    Monday, Aug 30 2021
    We truly appreciate your review, Lee! Our entire boot camp is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're thrilled this resonated with you — we couldn't agree more that Suraj, Kenneth and Cillian are all pretty amazing. It's great to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and developed a robust academic framework. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all that you do!
  • George Cope  User Photo
    George Cope • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I stumbled across an ad for the bootcamp on Instagram whilst i was studying computer science at university and decided i'd give it a go, it complimented the course i was doing at the time so why not?

Upon beginning the course the first thing i relly took note of was just how approachanle and welcoming the staff were, it was great! The teaching and support staff made the experience 100% more enjoyable and went above and beyond in terms of the help and guidance they provided. I felt as though i could come to them with any issues i was dealing with at the time, regardless of whether those issues had anything to do with the course or not.

The course teaches a very broad range of technologies and topics that are taught from the ground up to provide a solid basis for future development. Personally, i found this to be the most beneficial aspect of the course as it meant i wasn't just learning code, i was learning to understand the underlying concepts that are present across any programming language which has put me in an incredible position to be able to understand new technologies that weren't taught during the course so much more quickly.

Overall, i would wholeheartedly encourange anyone that is thinking of starting the course to do it. I have made friends, developed social skills, and got a job in an ever evolving industry thanks to this course.
    Friday, Aug 20 2021
    Way to go, George! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the ongoing support of our entire team. It's great to hear you enjoyed the topics and technologies covered in the curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the programme and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your new role and are rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
  • Karen Opoku  User Photo
    Karen Opoku • E-Rostering Advisor • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I went into this bootcamp as a complete beginner, with no experience using HTML, CSS or Javascript. Never could I have imagined I would feel proficient using the aforementioned languages or learning how to use React Js, Node Js, MVC models etc and developing fully functioning apps 6 months later.

It was a really challenging course, especially since I was working an equally demanding full time job at the time. However, I did receive a lot of support from our teaching and online tutor staff, fellow peers and Student Success Manager which helped me graduate with great results. They also provide a dedicated career service team that would help you prep for jobs after the course.

Although I am currently not in a developer role, I still use the skills I have learnt in my current role and I feel confident that I can move into a developer role in the future. Overall, I will definitely recommend the course to anyone looking to break into the Tech industry.
    Friday, Aug 20 2021
    Thank you, Karen! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development and feel confident in your new skill set. It takes hard work and dedication to balance the course material so we're happy to hear that you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best moving forward!
  • Kate  User Photo
    Kate • Head of Marketing • Student Verified via GitHub
    The bootcamp I participated in was a very rewarding experience. I faced many challenges throughout the course and it is quite demanding but you definitely come out the other end better. I now use my role regularly in my day job and feel it has bettered me. I’d even feel comfortable walking into a Software Developer role, but for me it was about being able to freelance.

The staff on the course are great and supportive. They take on all the feedback given and adapt to each cohort.

I’d 100% recommend to anyone who has an interest in becoming a developer. No matter your age, or any other characteristic. The course is definitely workable for anyone with any level of knowledge.
    Friday, Aug 13 2021
    Amazing, Kate! It's great to hear you enjoyed the programme and feel confident in your new skill set. Like you mentioned, our course is built for individuals across a wide range of proficiency levels, ranging from beginners to those with existing experience. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we appreciate your review! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • data analytics
    - 9/12/2022
    david griliopoulos • Student
    A very thorough course! I would recommend it to anyone interested but be warned that it really is a challenge to stay on top of the learning as there is so much content. As a co-habiting parent working part-time through the course, I did manage to complete every piece of homework to a good standard, but it did have an impact on family life and my partner has had to be very supportive with time and earnings. Also the more you know at the start of the course - spreadsheets and some coding for instance - the less daunting the topics covered will be.

The tutors have been brilliant. There were many tutors and they were all very knowledgable and eager to help, often going outside the course content and demonstrating some interesting alternative methods to solve problems. The careers assistance has been excellent, providing a structured approach to transforming the course into applicable skills, and at time of writing I am still working on feedback from them on my online presence (github, linked in, &c.). In terms of course administration, things were generally very smooth, with frequent announcements and contact. There was some confusion around dates, as some key dates changed during the course.
    Friday, Sep 16 2022
    Thanks for your review, David. We're thrilled to hear that you benefited from the extensive support provided by our team. It makes us proud to know that they were able to provide you with the support you needed during this challenging journey. We're also glad to hear that you had an overall positive experience with our boot camp, and applaud you on all of your hard work throughout the experience. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.
  • Chisimnulia • Graduate
    I stumbled on the bootcamp course after coming up short on interviews for my desired roles. With that I set my goal for the bootcamp at learning just what I needed; VBA scripting and SQL. Everything else was a plus that sounded nice to have at the beginning.

Today, I have taken a cue gotten at orientation to write down where I am now and comparing that with where I was at the beginning of the program. I cannot believe how far I have come. The level of technicality I have amassed with everything else I didn’t know I even needed, like python, machine learning, web etc, have seen me becoming the go-to person on issues that ordinarily wouldn’t get my second thought amongst my circle. A data analyst emerged from this bootcamp in 24weeks!

This program is intense (do not believe what you see online about needing a few hours weekly only to review)! You’ll need to give this full attention for 24weeks; every day, every weekend if you plan to graduate. So, plan and book your vacations for later. You’ll need it after the bootcamp. Hug your family members tighter and longer now, because you'll get lost in your coding and web scraping homework.

However, as intense as this program is, everyone involved in the program understands this and will do everything to get you to the finish line.
    Admissions Advisor – sets you up with the best info on scholarships and funding plans
    Instructional team – they carry each one along. You would never feel like you are lost in the crowd.  Outside of class also, they are very prompt at answering any questions you might have.
    Tutors – Don’t we all need the extra hours and new perspective (my advice, use them!)
    SSM – as good as having your own school approved/recommended therapist and accountability partner.
    The invisible graders – they give the best feedback. You are never at a loss on what you didn’t do right. You make the mistakes just the one time.

On a final note, don’t drop off during python week no matter how ‘black’ (terminal screen) it gets. There is an amazing rainbow waiting on you with pandas if you make it there. All the best!

Friday, Sep 16 2022
    Amazing, Chisimnulia! We’re so glad that you found your boot camp experience to be a valuable one. We’re constantly working to improve our curriculum, so we love to hear that you found it to be competitive and successful in teaching you the key skills for data analytics.

We also love to hear that the class instruction, tutoring sessions, and support services have helped to equip you for success throughout the boot camp and beyond.

Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we wish you nothing but the best of luck as you move forward.
  • Tudor Tocan
    I honestly think enrolling in the course was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

The instructional team is amazing and their love for coding AND teaching made this a very pleasant experience! Suraj, Kenneth and Cillian along with the tutors, Ben and Meeda, did their best to make sure that everybody understands the concepts that are being taught. Apart from that, we would have weekly extra-sessions to either go through the course materials, review the homework or gain some more in-depth knowledge in some of the technologies.

Working on the bi-monthly projects was an awesome experience and I was lucky to team-up with amazing people.

I can say that I have not only learned some new skills but actually got a career out of this bootcamp and a new passion and hobby.

I'm not going to lie, it is hard, you have to actually be invested into it and put in the time. But it's definitely worth it.

Again, I am really grateful that I had such amazing Instructor, TA's and Tutors, they taught us how to code but also how to love coding.
    Thursday, Sep 02 2021
    Thank you, Tudor! We're thrilled the boot camp was one of the best decisions you've made. Our entire team is passionate about what they do and we have to agree with you that Suraj, Kenneth, Cillian, Ben and Meeda are all amazing. We strive to foster a collaborative learning environment so we're happy to hear you enjoyed working on group projects. Like you said, this is a challenging programme but it's definitely worth all the hard work. Congratulations on graduating, we're confident you'll go on to achieve great things with your newfound skillset!
  • Pamela Dubb • Project Manager • Student
    I decided to apply for this bootcamp, when I saw an advert on Facebook. I didn't think too much into it but I wanted to upskill myself in a different field and thought tech would be an ideal field to go into.

The application process itself was what I felt abit salesy, which after completing the course I can't understand why it was a pushy pitchy, as the course is absolutely brilliant. The initial hard sell and eagerness put me off and I was abit apprehensive at first (I actually rang Uob to find out if this was a scam or genuine)  but after meeting the teachers and the class, I was so glad I applied and was at complete ease.

The course itself is quite intense and you have to put in alot of hours and hard work as homework is given every week - so it is very easy to fall behind. However, the support provided is absolutely incredible.

You're given a 121 tutor best suited for your learning style which is SO helpful. The teachers provide office hours and extra lessons for additional support to help on areas where you feel your struggling. The amount of technical and emotional support that's given in this course is something I have never experienced before.
    The teachers genuinely push you to be at your best and at any point if you feel like giving up, they are there to get you back on track. That is something money can't really buy and you won't get in other courses. That's the main reason I believe I have improved so much and have become confident in coding. Skills is one thing, but emotional support and getting the best out of a person is something only a few teachers can do and I can honestly say Suraj is an absolute brilliant teacher  like no other.

Like I've  mentioned before, the teachers are so supportive and always there to help which is what they are there for but Kenneth and Cillian are the type of teachers where when they say "no question is a stupid question" they truly mean it. They genuinely want to help and guide you and show you the correct way of doing things that are essential in the tech world. They bring out the absolute best in you that you didn't even know you had.

The support doesn't stop there. There's workshops for career development,  121 interview prep and cv checking. You have an weekly update on the modules you have learnt and what's to come every week, which is nice to see and surveys are done every week to ensure we all get the best out of our learning.

The senior student manager (Mai) is such a supportive person. Her words of wisdom really help motivate you as well as her continuous support. At one point I wanted to change my tutor as I didn't think the learning style was best for me, after speaking to her about my concerns she partnered me up with someone who was a better fit for the way I learn.
    The tutor I had was Meedaxa and I can only say good things about him. He helped me become confident in coding when I was at the point of wanting to give up. Mai understood what I needed, took on my feedback and found a solution to my worries. What else can you ask for?

Overall, I have a lot of good things to say about this course and have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The only negative I would say is that I underestimated how much of your time the bootcamp takes up... however it's not wasted time when your learning.
    Thursday, Sep 02 2021
    Way to go, Pamela! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the boot camp experience. Like you said, this is a rigorous programme one that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. It's great to know you benefited from our entire team's dedicated support - we couldn't agree more that Kenneth, Cillian, Mai, and Meedaxa are all pretty fantastic. Great advice on taking advantage of all the available career services resources including interview and CV preparation. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Claire Davies • apprentice software engineer • Graduate
    Having spent the last 20 years raising my family, and then trying to return to the workplace, I found all my skills were out of date.  I didn't have a technical background, but have always enjoyed creativity and problem solving, so web development was suggested to me as a possible path to take.  I came to this boot camp pretty much from a standing start, but have loved the challenge it gave me.  I think it is fair to say it was an emotional rollercoaster at times, ranging from exasperation when trying to grasp concepts that were so new to me, to times of elation such as when I successfully fixed stubborn bugs.

The teaching and support staff were incredibly patient with me, answering my numerous questions, of which there were many!  So much information to take in over the length of the course, but a good basis for further development.  The student success manager was lovely, and always helped to put things into perspective.  The careers director had his work cut out with me, as my confidence was pretty low having been out of the workplace for so long, but he was able to give me some good pointers, which helped with interviews.  The comradery between the other students in the group was a great source of support as well as entertainment at times too!

The biggest thing I take away from this course, is that it really is possible to completely retrain, even as you approach 50 years of age, and the only barriers are those you create in your own mind.

This course was the first step on the rung of the ladder to employment, and I am so pleased now to be moving up that latter as an apprentice software engineer.

Friday, Aug 13 2021
    Incredible, Claire! We're thrilled you enjoyed the programme and feel confident in your new skill set. It's great you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment so we're glad you also made close connections with your classmates. We couldn't agree more that it's never too late to begin your learning journey. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.