university-of-birmingham-boot-camps-logo

University of Birmingham Boot Camps

London, Online

University of Birmingham Boot Camps

University of Birmingham Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development and data analytics courses in Birmingham. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enrol, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. University of Birmingham Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, CV and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Birmingham and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics.

University of Birmingham Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Birmingham Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (5) reviews for University of Birmingham Boot Camps →

Recent University of Birmingham Boot Camps News

• Coding

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, Node.js
    OnlinePart Time24 Weeks
    Cost£7,200
    University of Birmingham Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain access to participate in experiential learning opportunities and receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position you for success in the field.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans are available.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants do not need prior experience to enrol, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial.
    Prep WorkAccepted applicants will complete a prep course.
  • Data Analytics

JavaScript, Excel, Data Analytics , SQL, Python
    OnlinePart Time24 Weeks
    This programme is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyse and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans are available.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available.
    Minimum Skill Level Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial.
    Prep WorkAccepted applicants will complete a prep course.
  • Sandy • Front End Engineer • Student
    Do you want to make your dream of being a software engineer a reality? If you're ready to put in the hard work–I mean hours of studying, learning, debugging and reading each week–then take a leap of faith and sign up to The University of Birmingham's Coding Bootcamp and you will realise that dream!

What makes the course special, other than its best-in-class and market-relevant curriculum, is its teaching staff and support team as they have the drive, passion and expertise to help you go from a zero to full stack developer.

My whole experience from the initial application process, invitation to the women in tech scholarship, completing the course, being awarded the outstanding student award and being approached for two job opportunities before i completed the course, to now working with BT has all been more than I could have hoped for. I was very hesitant of bootcamps and thought a CS degree was the way to go but i couldn't afford to leave my full time job and go back to full time study; i parked the thought and completed some free online courses but became stagnant in my learning and motivation. After hearing more success stories and the rise of companies employing bootcamp students i knew it was time to take a leap of faith and i'm so glad i did!

Let's start with the first-class instructor, Andy, and TA's Steven and Ben, who are real working professionals with years of industry experience and gifted with the best teaching style that really help you to grasp even the most complex of topics – they have been instrumental in my success and taught me everything i know to be job-ready. Then you have the wonderful, bright and determined student success manager, Mai, who nurtured me throughout the course, helping me battle the constant 'imposter syndrome' and help manage my work / study schedule to succeed and complete the course – you always want a 'Mai' in your corner! Working behind the scenes is the amazing careers director, Dan, who builds relationships and interest with employers such as GymShark, CapGemini to name a few; Dan's advice and guidance during my interview process with GymShark and BT was on-point! Lastly, if you're lucky enough to have fellow students / peers like i did, then you get to share the highs and lows, and learnings with like-minded people.

Overall, a fab culture, real-life projects and learnings, staff and experience! Worth every penny and hour!
    Friday, Jun 11 2021
    Thank you so much, Sandy! Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're thrilled this truly resonated with you—we couldn't agree more that Andy, Steven, Ben, Mai, and Dan are all pretty fantastic. It's great to hear you had a positive experience every step of the way and enjoyed the hands-on curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the programme, we appreciate you sharing your boot camp journey! We're confident you'll go on to accomplish great things with your newfound skillset.
  • Bootcamp Review
    - 5/10/2021
    Sumaya • Junior Frontend Engineer • Graduate
    Taking the leap of faith and signing up for this bootcamp has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. It has completely transformed my life. Transitioning from a life science background I had no idea what to expect. What lead me to change paths was my passion for design, problem solving and an interest in learning new skills. Since I had no experience in tech I was exposed to something completely different and the learning curve was huge but totally worth it. I am also a mother and finding a balance between learning to code through the bootcamp and my personal life has also been a challenge in and of itself. During my time at the bootcamp I learned both frontend and backend languages and technologies, I built multiple applications and worked on group projects. I was able to discover which part of web development I am passionate about and that is frontend, and now I am honoured to gain my first tech role as a Junior Frontend Engineer at Gymshark. None of this would have been possible without the incredible team (Andy, Ben, Steven, Mai and Daniel) at the University Of Birmingham Coding Bootcamp. Each member of staff played a significant role in supporting me through this process and helping get a great job.
    Tuesday, May 11 2021
    We appreciate your review, Sumaya! Thank you for choosing our programme to make a significant career change. We understand it can be challenging to balance your personal commitments with your boot camp studies, so we commend all your hard work and are happy to hear you benefited from learning a vast range of technologies. Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success; we're glad this resonated with you and that they were valuable resources of support and assistance throughout your learning journey—we couldn't agree more that Andy, Ben, Steven, Mai, and Daniel are pretty fantastic. Congratulations on completing the course and landing an exciting new role! All the best moving forward.
  • Pawel • Full Stack Developer • Graduate
    Production line was my entire experience, but I took free python course and decided to carry on with bootcamp as most junior devs were talking about it - thats how I found it. From a person that recently started working as full stack dev I can say that the curriculum is up to date. I was taught the most relevant technologies in the industry. It would take much, much more time without all the good people that we had around though. Our instructor was an experienced person and TA always helped me to find different point of view on the problem. Weekly assignments can be difficult but there is tutor as well to help. Thanks to Career services I was able to polish my resume and portfolio and get my first role in software.
    Being a professional was my goal and I was able to achieve it through bootcamp. I stopped questioning my future at work and I can introduce plans that were delayed because of production industry instability.
    Friday, Apr 30 2021
    Amazing, Pawel! Thank you for choosing our programme to pursue your interest in web development. We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire instructional and career services team. Great advice on taking advantage of tutoring to navigate challenging course material. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
    I enrolled in the Boot Camp because I always wanted to learn more about web development. Furthermore, as I was attending university at the same time, the part-time Boot Camp was perfect for me.

The experience was great and the staff was always there for us.
    Friday, Apr 30 2021
    Way to go! It's great to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the part-time schedule. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future coding endeavors.
    I recently graduated the Full Stack Web Development course at University of Birmingham, UK, aiming in changing my career to web development.

The course is very dense and thorough, with rigorous syllabus and good methodology.

We started with basic HTML and CSS and moved on to JS learning through practical examples and a lot of algorithms that became gradually more complex throughout the course. The algorithms are important because you build skills and learn how to solve problems in coding.

Later on, we learned backend NodeJS and data bases and build interesting full stack apps on a weekly basis. The coursework becomes gradually more and more demanding, helping in building the skills every developer should have.

In the later part of the course we delved into ReactJS and built more complex, full MERN applications that became more and more polished as the time passed by.

The course is very hands on, very practical and working both individually and in teams provide plenty of good exercise and lots of opportunities to learn and have a better grasp on what you like and what you struggle at.

The teaching staff are very, very good professionals with lots of experience and good communication skills. They provided plenty practical examples, live coding and a lot of assistance for all the students. We received a lot of online resource and documentation as we learned new concepts and corroborated with coursework, team projects, class activities, algorithms, coding in pairs with classmates and the general good learning environment provided a very good experience overall.

I do consider the syllabus to be very useful, rigurous and in line with industry demand. That helps in building solid, marketable skills for accessing a career in web development. It is a very good foundation for future learning and skills sharpening and provides a good route for someone either wishing to change careers or consolidating their skills after graduating computer science degree.
    Thursday, Dec 17 2020
    Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development.

Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced and challenging course, covering a wide range of knowledge in a limited amount of time. Topics are introduced quickly and at a higher level, after which students are expected to dive in and gain a deeper understanding outside of class. It's great to know you benefited from this proven methodology and commend all your hard work.

Great job utilising all our available resources—we're thrilled our instructional team was helpful in guiding you through the extensive course material. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you nothing but the best in all your future endeavours!