technigo-logo

Technigo

Stockholm

Technigo

Technigo offers 22-week, fully remote bootcamps in front end web development and UX design. At Technigo, students learn as if they were working in a tech company. The course follows Agile methodology with 2-week sprint planning, check-ins, demos and retrospectives. Students receive a new individual code assignment each day and have the opportunity to work in teams. Students also have the chance to meet, work with, and visit various tech companies. Each Technigo participant will receive help with the job search, including setting up interviews and gaining access to the Technigo network of partner tech companies.

No prior programming knowledge is needed to apply. Applicants must submit a written application, coding challenge, and then be selected by an anonymous tech industry jury of developers and tech recruiters. Technigo has hosted pop-up bootcamps in Stockholm, Sweden.

Technigo offers a Career Program to all bootcamp students. Students receive one-to-one coaching and group coaching with proffesional career coaches.

Recent Technigo Reviews: Rating 4.75

all (8) reviews for Technigo →

Recent Technigo News

• Frontend Development Boot Camp

JavaScript, HTML, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      OnlinePart Time22 Weeks
      LocationStockholm
      In just 22 weeks, we’ll teach you the latest technologies within web development and help you to land a job afterward. For the last five years, we have educated people with zero experience in programming and turned them into web developers with a 95% hiring rate among career changers. Our format is simple, every week you'll create a new project focusing on the latest technologies in JavaScript and React. You can study from anywhere and set your own schedule. Remote is what we do best. By the end of the boot camp, you'll have a competitive portfolio and will be ready to kick-start your career as a web or frontend developer.
      Tuition PlansFor our boot camps, you always have two payment options to choose from. 1. Half-and-half. 2. Monthly payment. More info: https://www.technigo.io/boot-camp-payment-options
      ScholarshipWe offer Single Parent Scholarship. More info: https://www.technigo.io/scholarships
    • UX Design Boot Camp

Design
      OnlinePart Time22 Weeks
      LocationStockholm
      In just 22 weeks, you will learn how to go from idea to product using a fully digital workflow focused on collaboration, inclusivity, and insights from data. As a UX designer, you will be a core member of any product team. You'll work with the user in mind, conducting user research, using digital tools to gain data and insights so you can design prototypes using the latest technology. You will have a holistic approach to UX with an understanding of how technology, business goals and user experience all affect your priorities and design decisions. After the program you are ready to launch a new career in UX design with the help from our professional career coaches.
    • Svante Ljunggren  User Photo
      Svante Ljunggren • Student Verified via GitHub
      I did the frontend bootcamp starting in January 2022, I did not complete but stoped taking the course after 8 weeks as I felt coding wasn't for me. I'm writing this review as it's hard to get accurate info what you can expect from the bootcamp. Take this into account that I have the perspective of someone who only did 8 out of 24 weeks and 95% of students who finish the course have jobs and seems pleased with the course as the demand for developers are higher than the supply.

The course runs at 50% pace, you have three teaching sessions per week and two where you study in your group.
      It's a generally a good program, the topics are relevant and you have a weekly project where you practice the things you learn.

Pros:
      If you finish you'll get a job that has better salaries and benefits than most industries and you get there in only 6 months.
      It's highly compressed and you get a snippet of the most relevant tools needed for a frontend developer.
      You'll get a good network of developers and a portfolio which you can show future employers.

Cons:
      The problem with frontend bootcamps is that you need to compress what other courses teach you in two years into 24 weeks at 50% pace. I had almost no prior experience of coding, in my group only 2 out of 8 had coded before. I would suggest you get as much coding experience as possible as the pace in the course is brutal. You will not be able to only put in 20 hours per week. All in my group put in 30+ hours at least.

My biggest criticism is that you don't get enough teaching on the basics and still is expected to complete fairly complicated coding projects each week. The explanation is that the program tries to improve your ability to solve problems simulating a regular day of a developer. In my group we were all struggling with javascript and we didn't have enough knowledge to complete the projects by ourselves but had to solve it by looking at previous students work and reverse-engineer it.  As I didn't finish the program I can't say if the strategy of not giving enough teaching on these complex topics to improve the students problem-solving ability is the right way? Maybe it's the only way as the program is so compressed? To me it just seems counter-intuitive. How can you solve complex problems if you don't know the basics. On week 7 we were taught things that we would have needed to understand what we were doing on week 4, I can't understand the rational. If Technigo doesn't want to give more live sessions, why not have more pre-recorded material which the students can watch instead of filtering through 1000 clips on youtube. Everyone was struggling and when asking teachers for assistans you were forwarded to stack-overflow or tried to find the info online. After putting in several hours to solve something without success it doesn't feel like you're improving your problem-solving skills but only wasting time. If this is expected it needs to be communicated to the students.

• Annika  User Photo
      Annika • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This course is a really good and relevant one. Every day is full of information and hands on training. I could not do any programming before I started and now I have a job where I program! Its great teachers, the structure is very relevant, we got to work with interesting companies and we all had so much fun together.

I recommend this course to anyone who would like to learn programming, its an inspiring way to get to know this world and perfect for everybody who wants to learn about programming. Every day there are new things to learn and you are surrounded by people who jst want to teach you as all they know.

• Vanessa Sue Smith • Full Stack Developer • Graduate
      I would definitely recommend the Technigo Frontend bootcamp to anyone interested in getting into web development or looking to do a career change.
      Technigo has managed to narrow down their syllabus to the most needed practical skills a starting JS developer needs. The bootcamp is very hands on and you will be able to apply the theory you are learning right away with weekly projects.
      The last sprint of the bootcamp is dedicated to learning the basics of the Backend and how to set up an API, which I considered a great starting point if you would like to go more into a Backend or Full Stack direction.
      I would encourage anyone taking the bootcamp to compliment the lessons with more practice and study on the side though. It is a very high-paced bootcamp, and a lot of material to learn in a short time; so you need to take the initiative to keep learning on the side, and digging deeper into the concepts.
      I was also part of their Career Coaching program, which was extremely useful to me. I was coming from the Restaurant industry into tech, so I needed much guidance on how to prepare my application package, network and get an idea of what the tech industry is like. So this was a big help for me during the job hunt.
    • React boot camp
      - 4/13/2022
      Lisa • Front end developer • Graduate
      If you want to surround yourself with highly motivated fellow student and dedicated teachers bringing you all the newest relevant stuff with good vibes. The pick this one. By far my favourite school so far.
      Course content is very well designed, I still refer back to the material I created.
    • Emelie Sidesiö • Junior front end developer • Graduate

This bootcamp is great if you are curious about programming and want to deep dive into something new and exciting!

It’s intense and a lot of work, but if you put your time into it you will get a lot back. The schedule is fast pace, you will learn something new everyday and have assignments daily. Everything that you will learn is very relevant, it’s techniques and languages that ”real” companies are actually using. You learn things that’s wanted when you later go out and search for jobs.

The teachers and guest lecturers have all been very dedicated and keen on sharing their knowledge.

And on top of all this, it’s been a lot of fun!!

• Björn Johnson • Flight Attendant • Graduate

I finished the Technigo Bootcamp in Stockholm in the beginning of February. I really enjoyed doing this Bootcamp that took 3 months. You will learn HTML, Css and Javascript but most importantly you will learn React which is in high demand right now and will give you plenty of opportunities after you finish your study. Every day you will work on your individual assignment but also on a group project that will be presented to a tech company in the end of every 2 week sprint. It is intense and you have to be willing to work hard and process a lot of information in a short time. The last 2 week sprint you work on your individual project (or group project its up to you) and its really rewarding to show what you learned to your friends (and tech recruiters) at the final showcase night. I highly recommend this bootcamp if you want to get quickly up to date in front end web development !!!

• Cecilia Wong • junior frontend developer • Graduate

My experience at the Technigo bootcamp was intense, very fun and actually exceeded my expectations. The overall structure is very well though out, modelling an actual agile work environment. The instructors are clear, patient and responsive to both the individual needs, as well as the needs of the group.

The atmosphere is very safe and supportive, allowing for learning by doing (and making mistakes) and for pushing oneself outside of the comfort zone.

Today, I'm doing freelance work as well as going through recruiting processes with several tech companies. It's clear that the education is relevant, updated and closely connected to the industry. I have full support from the Technigo team in my interview processes, with everything from booking interviews, making industry connections and interview prep, to general cheering on.

I highly recommend this program to anyone interested in a career in tech, and to women in particular, as Technigo really knows thow to combine existing skillsets and personality traits with relevant technical skills.

• Fredrik • Junior front-end web developer • Graduate

I had a great experience at the Technigo Bootcamp Program Nov 2017 - Feb 2018. The program covers the essential concepts of front-end web development such as HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The main focus, once you have learned the basics during the intital sprints of the program, is React JS.

The program focuses a lot on agile way of work in teams (sprint planning, GitHub, demos, retros) and best practices within FE development and React. The teacher, guest lecturers and Technigo staff are great and very professional. The location at Långholmen, Södermalm in Stockholm is excellent and offers a great and inspiring enviroment with startup/e-commerce companies in the building.

I had a lot of fun, I learned a lot and after the program I immediately started working as a Junior front-end web developer at an e-commerce company in Stockholm. I really recommend the Technigo Bootcamp Program!