product-faculty-logo

Product Faculty

San Francisco

Product Faculty

Product Faculty offers a part-time 8-week course in product management in Toronto, Canada. The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX skills. Students will engage in one-on-one mentorship throughout and after the course from instructors with more than 8 years of product industry experience. In each class, students can also learn professional guest speakers from the tech industry product space.

Product Faculty envisions empowering product managers with the product ethos required to excel in tomorrow’s economy. Students will review the top Toronto tech start-ups and product cases, and receive resume critiques and mock interviews to help strategically translate past experience to a product. This guidance better helps students land a product management job.

As well as receiving catered lunch for every class; upon completion of the course, students earn an Advanced Product Management certificate.

Recent Product Faculty Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (103) reviews for Product Faculty →

Recent Product Faculty News

• Advanced Product Management

Product Management
      Location-
      Tuition PlansPayment Plans Offered
    • Kyle C. • Product Manager • Graduate
      This is an excellent, in depth course for product managers who are interested in improving their PM skills to have a greater impact in their organization. The instructors are all experienced product executives, and the weekly guest lecturers give you insight into the similarities and differences to people’s approaches to product. I was able to take a lot of the content and immediately apply it to my current role. The content I wasn’t yet able to apply is crucial knowledge to be able to work in other companies or sectors, so I still feel like it was very valuable to learn.

Pros
      - Experienced instructors who are strong product leaders - Guest lecturers from a variety of companies and sectors - A lot of well done group activities. The way the group activities were formatted made them engaging and insightful - even though they were done via zoom. - Office hours and job search support provide great advice on topics not covered in the course.

Cons
      - These aren’t cons as much as a few areas of the course that may not be for everyone. - the group project that runs for the length of the program is very involved. It can take a lot of time so be prepared for this. Job Support is not the focus of this course.
    • Hala Beisha • Graduate
      I recently completed Product Faculty's seven-week course: Advanced Product Management. I  wanted to share how impressed I am with the delivery, in depth content, the caliber of speakers and contributors.

I appreciated the team's responsiveness, passion and enthusiasm for all things product related.

"Thank you for sharing with us your knowledge, expertise and best practices!"
    • Calvin Z • Graduate
      The program was designed for the product inspired individuals to continue to enhance and craft their skills as they build products to provide value to their customers. The program was very insightful and learn a variety of frameworks that can be applied at work or side project.

Moe and his team are beyond helpful when seeking for help on an assignment or specific concerns in your product career. They will continue to provide great feedback on the assignment and continue to test your thinking.

Overall, great content but even better networking with others that love products!
    • Anthony • Product Manager • Graduate
      As a current Product Manager with a couple of years of experience, I wanted to continue to expand my knowledge and skillset in product management. I connected with a former PF graduate who provided great experience and feedback about the course and staff. After further research, I decided to enroll and am satisfied with my decision.

The course is packed with in-depth content that is widely recognized and used by current product leaders from well-known companies. Materials were easy to digest as we practiced them first-hand in class and well-curated presentation decks were prepared for us. There were a few tools where I shared within my company and quickly witnessed positive results.

I would highly recommend this course to aspiring PMs or PMs with 1-2 years of experience like myself.
    • Anthony P. • Product Manager • Graduate
      As a product manager with a couple of years of PM experience, I was looking for a course that can enhance my knowledge and skillsets to excel in the product management field. I was referred to this course by a previous graduate who shared his experience with me. After further research, I decided to enroll in the Product Faculty and am satisfied with the experience and outcomes.

The course is comprehensive and very hands-on. I was able to quickly apply what I learnt in class to my workplace and began to see positive results. Furthermore, Moe and the rest of the staff are always available to provide guidance.

I would highly recommend this course to aspiring and existing PMs without reservation!
    • Carlos Ferreira • Product Manager • Graduate
      I must say that I am completed astonished by the Product Faculty course. When I enrolled in the program I was more attracted by the networking opportunity and to grow my connections, I wasn't so sure that the course would enlighten me with new knowledge because after 3 years as PM I thought that I had learned most the skills for the job, I was wrong, it turns out that I learned a lot. The teaching style that Moe and Sikandar applied was amazing since the beginning. Excellent content material, course infrastructure, delicious lunch, amazing speakers, never thought had the opportunity to meet in person some of them.
      Be ready for the assignments they will push you, but they will make you a better PM and will make you think outside of your comfort zone.
    • Rhythem Raswant • Graduate
      After numerous recommendations and conversations with the alumni of Product Faculty's Advanced Product Management course, I decided to invest and take my Product Management skills to the next level. It has to be one of the best investments I have made on learning and upskilling. It was such an amazing journey. The entire classroom was so interactive and filled with unique individuals, which added to the learning process. I liked how the course has been structured and careful considerations have been made by all the facilitators to provide a unique learning experience to all the students. I would like to mention some key highlights from the course:

1. Hands-on Experience: Product Management is a profession which you learn by doing. Fortunately, there were ample opportunities during the course in the form of assignments and a final product enhancement project, which gave ample opportunities to not only gets some experience on each aspect but also witness the life of a product manager.

2. Keynotes by product leaders: Each class featured a leader from the industry, sharing their expertise, experiences and learnings over the years they have been in this field. It was not only a good opportunity to learn about their journeys but also a great way for students to build their network.

3. Support by facilitators: Be it interview preparation, doubt clarification, make-up classes or general discussion, Moe, Sikander and Weiting were always available to help. The kind of support they have given me over these 8-weeks has been so helpful in not only getting a strong foothold on the various concepts but also prepare for my interviews. Moe has been a constant mentor.

So, if you are someone who wants to break into product management or have some product management experience and want to polish your skills, I would highly recommend taking this course
    • Priya Bhatia • Product Manager • Graduate
      I attended Product Faculty in the winter of 2020 in a diverse group of 47 professionals from different industries. Besides wanting to get coached by the best Product Leaders in the industry, I was hoping to establish a strong network of product people. So glad to say Product Faculty totally delivered on all my expectations and is totally worth every penny I spent on the course.

Like all other Product aspirers I initially considered attending Product School or Brainstation but my partner who attended Product School had no network (there were only 6 students in his cohort including him) or guest speakers to boast of. And then I met some of Product Faulty’s alumni at various tech events in the city and they had only great things to say about Product Faculty and they weren't wrong.

The course structure is elaborate and quite intensive for an 8 week programme because it equips you with all the tools, frameworks and topics you need to know as a Product Manager. While the course structure is comprehensive, the highlight of the course is the format it is delivered in! The course delivery ensures you actively participate in various group exercises in the class as well as challenges you with individual assignments. Detailed feedback on assignments and group activities ensures that you see yourself progress with each exercise and build your product acumen. And the cherry on the cake is a new guest speaker from a leading Product organisation in the US / Canada in EVERY session across 8 weeks!

The course organisers seek constant feedback and ensure quality content is delivered in each session. Special mention to the lead faculty and CEO Mr. Moe Ali who goes above and beyond your course expectations and instills confidence that you got this! In a nutshell, Product Faculty checked all the boxes of what I was looking for in an Advanced Product Management course.
    • James S • Product Manager • Student

This is a great course if you are at any stage of your product journey. You will experience insight from a plethora of insightful and respected members of the product community. The course touches on many aspects of the product lifecycle. Highly advise anyone looking to improve their product knowledge to join product faculty!

• Jenna • Graduate

After deciding to transition my career into product management, I took multiple PM courses at more well-known schools, such as Brainstation. None, whereas comprehensive, hands-on, dynamic, and caring as Product Faculty.  Moe & his team go above and beyond to make sure students are set up for success even before the course begins. It's worth the investment and would recommend it to anyone.

• Zak • Product Strategist • Graduate

I decided to invest in the Product Faculty program as part of my transition to Product Management and I am pleased with the outcome.

Most in-person classes nowadays have 5 components: Lecture, Workshops, Projects, Talks, and Networking. Product Faculty excels at all of them!

I recommend Product Faculty for anyone considering a transition to Product Management or anyone who is early in their journey.

• William To

As a seasoned project manager with a PMP and experience managing $6M projects, I was looking to pivot into the evolving and vibrant tech space in Toronto. Product management had been on my radar for months and I had read up on Product Faculty, Brainstation and Product School. I was looking for a program to help me make that career leap and had connected with several Product Faculty alumni via Linkedin and asked them about their experience. Time and time again, I heard that the course is well worth the investment.

I finally chose Product Faculty because I had seen Moe speak at a lecture posted on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cnB-fuWU4
      Watch closely because Moe is a natural leader. He is one of the most charismatic, eloquent, inspiring, genuine, down-to-earth product leaders that I've ever had the distinct opportunity to meet. This initial impression was actualized when I met Moe in person on my first day of class.

The course is very well structured and paced and the classroom is located in downtown Toronto, just an 8 minute walk from Union Station, located at the Donald K Johnson Centre at the First Canadian Place: https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/emba/program-details/facilities-location/  (First set of photos) There's also a new Tim Horton's located in the building so it was easy picking up a coffee and breakfast right before class. If you have a water bottle, there's filtered water provided in the classroom too.

Most classes have 1-2 guest speakers come in from top tech companies including WealthSimple, FreshBooks, TouchBistro, League, and many more who offer insights into what product directors are looking for, advice on how to build a product team and expertise into how to be the best product manager you can be. Other nice bonuses during the course are the lunches at Earl's, professional headshots, career mentorship, and a class photo. My personal favourite was the group project, culminating in a 6 min presentation at the end of the course. It was a lot of fun.

Above all else, the PF team (Moe, Sikandar, and Weiting) are fantastic at running the class and provided a stellar student experience. The class profile was also well balanced and there was a diversity of professionals from all seniority levels and industries. I enjoyed this mix and it added to the in-class activities, group projects and networking as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the Product Faculty course and offer my highest recommendation. Feel free to connect with me on Linkedin if you have any questions: www.linkedin.com/in/willto/