Product Faculty offers a part-time 8-week course in product management in Toronto, Canada. The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX skills. Students will engage in one-on-one mentorship throughout and after the course from instructors with more than 8 years of product industry experience. In each class, students can also learn professional guest speakers from the tech industry product space.
Product Faculty envisions empowering product managers with the product ethos required to excel in tomorrow’s economy. Students will review the top Toronto tech start-ups and product cases, and receive resume critiques and mock interviews to help strategically translate past experience to a product. This guidance better helps students land a product management job.
As well as receiving catered lunch for every class; upon completion of the course, students earn an Advanced Product Management certificate.
Recent Product Faculty Reviews: Rating 4.96
Recent Product Faculty News
- Product Management
OnlinePart Time8 Hours/week7 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $4,995 Class size N/A Location -The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX skills.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment Plans Offered
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
Product Faculty Reviews
103 reviews sorted by:
I took the 8 week Product Management MasterClass to not only advance my PM skill-set, but also to get some coaching on how to address some of the challenges I was facing in my start-up.
As I was searching for a program, I did not find any course in Toronto that met all of my requirements -- this PM course was challenging and offered 1:1 mentorship; an advanced PM Certification; had a class project that allowed us to apply the learnings, ability to make up missed classes and had a ton of guest speakers come in from leading startups and tech companies around the world.
This course was not easy, it was challenging and I learned a lot. The quality of the content was high and practical. I found Moe to be very accessible and approachable and I was able to get specific examples on class material and challenges I faced in my startup.
Overall I had a great experience and I met a lot of awesome people. I’d highly recommend it to anyone looking to grow their PM skill-set and become part of a motivated Alumni of Product Managers who want to share knowledge and learn from each other.
- Product Manager/Founder- 9/5/2018Jaz Huang • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
I took the 8 week Product Management course at Product Faculty and have very positive feedback for anyone looking to take the course. I will be happy to speak to anyone who's on the cusp of making this decision whether to go with Product Faculty as I looked at all the schools and what they offered in detail before picking Product Faculty.
What set Product Faculty apart is having a dedicated full-time instructor with an incredible Network, the advanced & engaging content and the community feel. In one cohort we heard from local Guest speakers who were all experienced professionals in their own fields and work for some of the best companies in Toronto & world wide such as Shopify, FreshBooks, Loblaw Digital, Google, etc. The speakers were approachable and thorough with their knowledge. They took the time to answer questions in class and we had the flexibility to reach out to them later with over LinkedIn.
The other major thing that sets Product Faculty apart was his Curriculum. Moe designed the course to satisfy all levels of experience; whether you’re just starting out or already have a PM role. The curriculum covered everything from Strategy Development, Stakeholder Management, choosing metrics that matter in PM to advanced topics where he covered, in-depth API strategy, value delivery and how to monetize business models.
I found myself connecting Moe’s curriculum to the knowledge I possessed from being . a founder. In every class, I had moments where I was able to connect processes that I had learnt on my own to what Moe was teaching in class.
Thanks to the group assignments held in every class, and the final project we did where we went through the entire life-cycle of Product Management I walked away feeling that I possessed the cutting edge knowledge needed to perform at my best.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone considering it and I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has.
- Intense course with a ton of Mentorship- 9/3/2018Aseemjyot Singh • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
From our very first interactions Moe helped me develop a clear and actionable plan for entering the world of product management. He was insightful, clear and focussed on helping me understand the tools and strategies needed to build a path towards a career in Product management. Having worked in the industry myself, I was looking for mentorship and a network that would not just end with the program. While my MBA in entrepreneurship set me up for success in the business world, Moe’s program added the much needed rocket boosters to enter product management.
Within the classroom, the industry experts who visited and shared their insights were readily available for conversations after their talks. The best part within the class was also the class size. With the size limited to 10 students per batch, the students (we) received very focussed attention from Moe and industry experts.
I would highly recommend this course to those who are looking to make a switch to product management. Product management is a highly competitive field, finding the right set of peers and mentors can be crucial for one’s success.
- Goes beyond typical ‘Product 101’ classes- 8/8/2018Colin B. • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedInThis wasn't my first time taking a product course, and to me, the things that stood out about Moe's class were the small group focus, the depth of the course content, and the personal career mentorship that he provided.The small class size fosters participation and peer learning instead of straight lecturing. Plus I got to know the PMs in my cohort pretty well, and we now have a lasting network (and slack channel!) to support each other.While other product schools offer a curriculum designed for broad appeal to non-PMs and aspiring PMs, I appreciated that Moe's course is designed for dedicated PMs and explores key topics at a more advanced level.For me, the real cherry on top was that learning from Moe wasn't confined to the classroom one day per week. He puts a lot of effort into individual mentorship outside the classroom too, and we have even kept in touch after the classes ended!Moe took a real interest in helping me advance my career as a PM, which included making some valuable introductions to people in the Toronto product community. I'm happy to have taken his course, but even happier to count him as a mentor.
- Landed a new PM Job after the course- 8/6/2018Kaiser Chan • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
Being a new product manager is not easy - essentially you are no different than a scientist, 99% of the time you venture into uncharted land via the numerous tests and experiments that you run, trying to find the right insight that points to the right direction in your quest of finding product-market fit. By nature, the PM craft is highly variant - there is no one set-in-stone answer and all one can do is to continuously test and iterate product hypothesis, while learn and experience thru trials and errors.
Just imagine the confusion and the frustration that comes with it, and that's why I believe having an experienced mentor is important for any new product manager. For this reason, I am extremely glad and thankful that I attended Product Faculty's inaugural cohort and met Moe, my mentor and coach in the discipline of product management.
Product Faculty's class are small by design - every cohort allows only 10 students maximum - and because of this, it allows and encourages all students to engage into intelligent discussions on product concepts every class. Moe would use numbers of examples - ranging from the mega unicorns to small local startups - to illustrate and simplify complicated concepts, and students would get to apply their learnings in real life projects. Whether its a class exercise or a final project that puts everything together, there is simply no shortage of practice opportunities which I think is critical to master the product management craft. Lastly, each class would also feature guest speakers (i.e. product managers from notable companies, founders, tech recruiters etc.) who would share their insights on various topics related to the tech industries. These opportunities are hard to come by, but only made possible thanks to Moe's carefully crafted syllabus, dedication to his students' success, as well as his connections.
Today I enjoy a fulfilling and successful career in product management (and recently landed a new role) thanks to Product Faculty's teachings, and I am proud to be able to call Moe my mentor and my friend.
- Best Investment I've made- 8/4/2018James Hsu • Associate Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: Toronto • Verified via LinkedIn
In joining product faculty, my goal was to learn the theories of product management together with acquiring the practical skills required to become a successful product manager. Being part of the cohort is like drinking through a fire hose. This isn’t an introductory product course, the course goes over the basics but also goes over more advanced topics like Data Science for PMs, and Product Marketing for PMs led by leaders in their field. Best of all, there are a lot of class activities and examples that illustrate the concepts being taught in the real world.
The projects and weekly graded assignments also helped to consolidate my learning of the different theoretical concepts associated with product management.
Moe is a very experienced and enthusiastic instructor with a diverse network, which is helpful to assist students in their career development. He communicates his ideas very clearly and delivers the course material in an organized and interactive manner, making each class easy to follow and enjoyable. Not only is Moe a great professor, he is also a mentor to me. He spent great deal of time and effort in supporting my personal development, helping with mock interviews, resume critiques and helping to plan out my product career.
The guest speakers were another highlight of this 8-week course. The background of the guest speakers ranged from small start-up companies to large established companies. Having access to, and being able to ask questions to these guest speakers significantly helped with solidifying product concepts.
In short, if you are looking to improve your skills as a PM, accelerate your career or move into product, this course is a no brainer.
- Indu Mittal • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: TorontoI completed the Advanced Product Management program with the Product Faculty. The learning experience was truly immersive and practical.
The course includes a capstone project over the duration of the 7 weeks. Within the team, we worked on suggesting improvements for LinkedIn and presented the idea to a few established industry leaders on the Final Demo day. Each presentation is judged and we got valuable feedback from the judges. Not only was this a great experience, it was a great way to apply all the learning in a practical way.
- I highly recommend this program for anyone who is looking to sharpen their product management skill-set.- 3/16/2022Vishnu Rajkumar • Senior Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: TorontoI had an amazing opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge from industry leaders and product experts through the Advanced Product Management program. The Product Faculty team has developed a well-thought-out program for Product folks. I had some great take-ways and "aha" moments throughout the program.
I highly recommend this program for anyone who is looking to sharpen their product management skill-set.
- Brian Lee • Product Manager • Graduate • Campus: San Francisco8 weeks ago, I started this amazing course at Product Faculty to learn Advanced Product Management best practices. Many PMs come from different backgrounds (myself included). Because of that, I've had to learn a lot of industry best practices on my own at work. Since I started my career 6 years ago, I've always wondered how I can learn and close the gaps in areas I don't have a lot of experience in. Product Faculty did that for me and MORE! I want to thank Moe Ali, Sikandar Ali, guest speakers, my classmates, and the rest of the Product Faculty team for sharing their insights and learnings. I hope to leverage these best practices moving forward in my product management work. If you're an experienced PM like me, I highly recommend this course for you!
- Product Faculty has created a truly engaging, immersive, and practical learning experience- 3/16/2022Indu Mittal • Graduate • Campus: San FranciscoI completed the Advanced Product Management program with the Product Faculty. The learning experience was truly immersive and practical.
I decided to participate in the capstone project and I'm so happy that I did. My team and I worked on LinkedIn Product - improvements in the Linkedin Job Listing Tool with Teresa Lee, Rigo Garcia, and Angel Vu and we presented the idea to a few established industry leaders on the Final Demo day. This project was an incredible experience
Thank you, Moe Ali, Sikandar Ali, and the Product Faculty Team, for an engaging learning experience.
- ⭐️ I recommend 100% Product Faculty for anyone who is interested in advancing their PM skills and building products focused on what people really need.- 3/15/2022Bibiana Zamacona • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: TorontoDiscovering Product Faculty - Advanced Product Management Masterclass was one of the best decisions of this year, not only because it reassured the path I am in, but also it brought AMAZING people. Moe Ali, Product Faculty CEO, Sikandar Ali, Morgan McCunn - No wonder you are the #1 ranked course for Product Managers, thank you for bringing the right energy.
I cannot express my gratitude also for the expert knowledge from Shopify, Google, Kijiji Canada, TWG- Dennis Chow, Cameron Moore, Sam Xiaochen Y., James Costa, Niaz Ahmed
This course made me realize that empathy, curiosity and diverse background are the superpowers to keep on creating useful products.
⭐️ I recommend 100% Product Faculty for anyone who is interested in advancing their PM skills and building products focused on what people really need.
- Sam Montoya • Senior Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Advanced Product Management • Campus: TorontoOver the past few months I took part in Product Faculty's Advanced Product Management training. It was an awesome experience to learn from so many leaders in the product space. Moe Ali and Sikandar Ali have put together a great program that really pushes you to grow. Taking 8 hours every Saturday for a couple of months is a big ask, but was worth the challenges.
Our Capstone project for the program related to LinkedIn and how the job seeking process could be improved. With the new feature, it could improve engagement, increase Premium users, and bring more transparency to the job seeking process. I found the capstone project to be the best part of this course, although everything about this course was stellar!