product-faculty-logo

Product Faculty

Toronto

Product Faculty

Product Faculty offers a part-time 8-week course in product management in Toronto, Canada. The course covers both basic and advanced product management content including PM Foundations, product strategy, roadmaps, agile methods, business, data, and UX skills. Students will engage in one-on-one mentorship throughout and after the course from instructors with more than 8 years of product industry experience. In each class, students can also learn professional guest speakers from the tech industry product space.

Product Faculty envisions empowering product managers with the product ethos required to excel in tomorrow’s economy. Students will review the top Toronto tech start-ups and product cases, and receive resume critiques and mock interviews to help strategically translate past experience to a product. This guidance better helps students land a product management job.

As well as receiving catered lunch for every class; upon completion of the course, students earn an Advanced Product Management certificate.

Recent Product Faculty Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (46) reviews for Product Faculty →

Recent Product Faculty News

• Product Management

Product Management
      LocationToronto
      Tuition PlansPayment Plans Offered
    • Overall Experience:

I took the 8 week Product Management MasterClass to not only advance my PM skill-set, but also to get some coaching on how to address some of the challenges I was facing in my start-up.

As I was searching for a program, I did not find any course in Toronto that met all of my requirements -- this PM course was challenging and offered 1:1 mentorship; an advanced PM Certification; had a class project that allowed us to apply the learnings, ability to make up missed classes and had a ton of guest speakers come in from leading startups and tech companies around the world.

This course was not easy, it was challenging and I learned a lot. The quality of the content was high and practical. I found Moe to be very accessible and approachable and I was able to get specific examples on class material and challenges I faced in my startup.

Overall I had a great experience and I met a lot of awesome people. I’d highly recommend it to anyone looking to grow their PM skill-set and become part of a motivated Alumni of Product Managers who want to share knowledge and learn from each other.

• Jaz Huang  User Photo
      Jaz Huang • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I took the 8 week Product Management course at Product Faculty and have very positive feedback for anyone looking to take the course. I will be happy to speak to anyone who's on the cusp of making this decision whether to go with Product Faculty as I looked at all the schools and what they offered in detail before picking Product Faculty.

What set Product Faculty apart is having a dedicated full-time instructor with an incredible Network, the advanced & engaging content and the community feel. In one cohort we heard from local Guest speakers who were all experienced professionals in their own fields and work for some of the best companies in Toronto & world wide such as Shopify, FreshBooks, Loblaw Digital, Google, etc. The speakers were approachable and thorough with their knowledge. They took the time to answer questions in class and we had the flexibility to reach out to them later with over LinkedIn.

The other major thing that sets Product Faculty apart was his Curriculum. Moe designed the course to satisfy all levels of experience; whether you’re just starting out or already have a PM role. The curriculum covered everything from Strategy Development, Stakeholder Management, choosing metrics that matter in PM to advanced topics where he covered, in-depth API strategy, value delivery and how to monetize business models.

I found myself connecting Moe’s curriculum to the knowledge I possessed from being . a founder. In every class, I had moments where I was able to connect processes that I had learnt on my own to what Moe was teaching in class.

Thanks to the group assignments held in every class, and the final project we did where we went through the entire life-cycle of Product Management I walked away feeling that I possessed the cutting edge knowledge needed to perform at my best.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone considering it and I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has.

• Aseemjyot Singh  User Photo
      Aseemjyot Singh • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

From our very first interactions Moe helped me develop a clear and actionable plan for entering the world of product management. He was insightful, clear and focussed on helping me understand the tools and strategies needed to build a path towards a career in Product management. Having worked in the industry myself, I was looking for mentorship and a network that would not just end with the program. While my MBA in entrepreneurship set me up for success in the business world, Moe’s program added the much needed rocket boosters to enter product management.

Within the classroom, the industry experts who visited and shared their insights were readily available for conversations after their talks. The best part within the class was also the class size. With the size limited to 10 students per batch, the students (we) received very focussed attention from Moe and industry experts.

I would highly recommend this course to those who are looking to make a switch to product management. Product management is a highly competitive field, finding the right set of peers and mentors can be crucial for one’s success.

• Colin B.  User Photo
      Colin B. • Product Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
      This wasn't my first time taking a product course, and to me, the things that stood out about Moe's class were the small group focus, the depth of the course content, and the personal career mentorship that he provided.

The small class size fosters participation and peer learning instead of straight lecturing. Plus I got to know the PMs in my cohort pretty well, and we now have a lasting network (and slack channel!) to support each other.

While other product schools offer a curriculum designed for broad appeal to non-PMs and aspiring PMs, I appreciated that Moe's course is designed for dedicated PMs and explores key topics at a more advanced level.

For me, the real cherry on top was that learning from Moe wasn't confined to the classroom one day per week. He puts a lot of effort into individual mentorship outside the classroom too, and we have even kept in touch after the classes ended!

Moe took a real interest in helping me advance my career as a PM, which included making some valuable introductions to people in the Toronto product community. I'm happy to have taken his course, but even happier to count him as a mentor.
    • Kaiser Chan  User Photo
      Kaiser Chan • Product Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Being a new product manager is not easy - essentially you are no different than a scientist, 99% of the time you venture into uncharted land via the numerous tests and experiments that you run, trying to find the right insight that points to the right direction in your quest of finding product-market fit. By nature, the PM craft is highly variant - there is no one set-in-stone answer and all one can do is to continuously test and iterate product hypothesis, while learn and experience thru trials and errors.

Just imagine the confusion and the frustration that comes with it, and that's why I believe having an experienced mentor is important for any new product manager. For this reason, I am extremely glad and thankful that I attended Product Faculty's inaugural cohort and met Moe, my mentor and coach in the discipline of product management.

Product Faculty's class are small by design - every cohort allows only 10 students maximum - and because of this, it allows and encourages all students to engage into intelligent discussions on product concepts every class. Moe would use numbers of examples - ranging from the mega unicorns to small local startups - to illustrate and simplify complicated concepts, and students would get to apply their learnings in real life projects. Whether its a class exercise or a final project that puts everything together, there is simply no shortage of practice opportunities which I think is critical to master the product management craft. Lastly, each class would also feature guest speakers (i.e. product managers from notable companies, founders, tech recruiters etc.) who would share their insights on various topics related to the tech industries. These opportunities are hard to come by, but only made possible thanks to Moe's carefully crafted syllabus, dedication to his students' success, as well as his connections.

Today I enjoy a fulfilling and successful career in product management (and recently landed a new role) thanks to Product Faculty's teachings, and I am proud to be able to call Moe my mentor and my friend.

• James Hsu  User Photo
      James Hsu • Associate Product Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

In joining product faculty, my goal was to learn the theories of product management together with acquiring the practical skills required to become a successful product manager. Being part of the cohort is like drinking through a fire hose. This isn’t an introductory product course, the course goes over the basics but also goes over more advanced topics like Data Science for PMs, and Product Marketing for PMs led by leaders in their field. Best of all, there are a lot of class activities and examples that illustrate the concepts being taught in the real world.

The projects and weekly graded assignments also helped to consolidate my learning of the different theoretical concepts associated with product management.

Moe is a very experienced and enthusiastic instructor with a diverse network, which is helpful to assist students in their career development. He communicates his ideas very clearly and delivers the course material in an organized and interactive manner, making each class easy to follow and enjoyable. Not only is Moe a great professor, he is also a mentor to me. He spent great deal of time and effort in supporting my personal development, helping with mock interviews, resume critiques and helping to plan out my product career.

The guest speakers were another highlight of this 8-week course. The background of the guest speakers ranged from small start-up companies to large established companies. Having access to, and being able to ask questions to these guest speakers significantly helped with solidifying product concepts.

In short, if you are looking to improve your skills as a PM, accelerate your career or move into product, this course is a no brainer.

• Anthony • Product Manager • Graduate
      As a current Product Manager with a couple of years of experience, I wanted to continue to expand my knowledge and skillset in product management. I connected with a former PF graduate who provided great experience and feedback about the course and staff. After further research, I decided to enroll and am satisfied with my decision.

The course is packed with in-depth content that is widely recognized and used by current product leaders from well-known companies. Materials were easy to digest as we practiced them first-hand in class and well-curated presentation decks were prepared for us. There were a few tools where I shared within my company and quickly witnessed positive results.

I would highly recommend this course to aspiring PMs or PMs with 1-2 years of experience like myself.
    • Anthony P. • Product Manager • Graduate
      As a product manager with a couple of years of PM experience, I was looking for a course that can enhance my knowledge and skillsets to excel in the product management field. I was referred to this course by a previous graduate who shared his experience with me. After further research, I decided to enroll in the Product Faculty and am satisfied with the experience and outcomes.

The course is comprehensive and very hands-on. I was able to quickly apply what I learnt in class to my workplace and began to see positive results. Furthermore, Moe and the rest of the staff are always available to provide guidance.

I would highly recommend this course to aspiring and existing PMs without reservation!
    • Carlos Ferreira • Product Manager • Graduate
      I must say that I am completed astonished by the Product Faculty course. When I enrolled in the program I was more attracted by the networking opportunity and to grow my connections, I wasn't so sure that the course would enlighten me with new knowledge because after 3 years as PM I thought that I had learned most the skills for the job, I was wrong, it turns out that I learned a lot. The teaching style that Moe and Sikandar applied was amazing since the beginning. Excellent content material, course infrastructure, delicious lunch, amazing speakers, never thought had the opportunity to meet in person some of them.
      Be ready for the assignments they will push you, but they will make you a better PM and will make you think outside of your comfort zone.
    • Rhythem Raswant • Graduate
      After numerous recommendations and conversations with the alumni of Product Faculty's Advanced Product Management course, I decided to invest and take my Product Management skills to the next level. It has to be one of the best investments I have made on learning and upskilling. It was such an amazing journey. The entire classroom was so interactive and filled with unique individuals, which added to the learning process. I liked how the course has been structured and careful considerations have been made by all the facilitators to provide a unique learning experience to all the students. I would like to mention some key highlights from the course:

1. Hands-on Experience: Product Management is a profession which you learn by doing. Fortunately, there were ample opportunities during the course in the form of assignments and a final product enhancement project, which gave ample opportunities to not only gets some experience on each aspect but also witness the life of a product manager.

2. Keynotes by product leaders: Each class featured a leader from the industry, sharing their expertise, experiences and learnings over the years they have been in this field. It was not only a good opportunity to learn about their journeys but also a great way for students to build their network.

3. Support by facilitators: Be it interview preparation, doubt clarification, make-up classes or general discussion, Moe, Sikander and Weiting were always available to help. The kind of support they have given me over these 8-weeks has been so helpful in not only getting a strong foothold on the various concepts but also prepare for my interviews. Moe has been a constant mentor.

So, if you are someone who wants to break into product management or have some product management experience and want to polish your skills, I would highly recommend taking this course
    • Priya Bhatia • Product Manager • Graduate
      I attended Product Faculty in the winter of 2020 in a diverse group of 47 professionals from different industries. Besides wanting to get coached by the best Product Leaders in the industry, I was hoping to establish a strong network of product people. So glad to say Product Faculty totally delivered on all my expectations and is totally worth every penny I spent on the course.

Like all other Product aspirers I initially considered attending Product School or Brainstation but my partner who attended Product School had no network (there were only 6 students in his cohort including him) or guest speakers to boast of. And then I met some of Product Faulty’s alumni at various tech events in the city and they had only great things to say about Product Faculty and they weren't wrong.

The course structure is elaborate and quite intensive for an 8 week programme because it equips you with all the tools, frameworks and topics you need to know as a Product Manager. While the course structure is comprehensive, the highlight of the course is the format it is delivered in! The course delivery ensures you actively participate in various group exercises in the class as well as challenges you with individual assignments. Detailed feedback on assignments and group activities ensures that you see yourself progress with each exercise and build your product acumen. And the cherry on the cake is a new guest speaker from a leading Product organisation in the US / Canada in EVERY session across 8 weeks!

The course organisers seek constant feedback and ensure quality content is delivered in each session. Special mention to the lead faculty and CEO Mr. Moe Ali who goes above and beyond your course expectations and instills confidence that you got this! In a nutshell, Product Faculty checked all the boxes of what I was looking for in an Advanced Product Management course.
    • James S • Product Manager • Student

This is a great course if you are at any stage of your product journey. You will experience insight from a plethora of insightful and respected members of the product community. The course touches on many aspects of the product lifecycle. Highly advise anyone looking to improve their product knowledge to join product faculty!